RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Abortion

I just open this account and I've been trying to find a way to post something about abortion. I personally believe that women should be allowed to make their own choices about abortion. I'm sorry to say this but, I don't think men should have any input on the matter. Even though it took two people to make the child. The woman is the one who is effected by it the most. Having a child is a serious thing and men don't always step up to the plate and do what they're supposed to. Some guys say they want kids and then when reality sets in they bail. Just ranting because I'm in boring minors Bored
12-01-2009 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FindTheLight Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: Abortion

Hello and welcome to the forum.

SethyDavidG Wrote:The woman is the one who is effected by it the most. Having a child is a serious thing and men don't always step up to the plate and do what they're supposed to.

I disagree in my opinion, maybe the reason why men 'leave' is because it affects them the most. Also, I believe, for the child to be raised well, it needs more than a mother. It needs at least a father figure if not the father himself.

Also, there are alot of mothers who don't step up to the plate and do what they are supposed to, a quick example being having a child with someone they know to not be in love with them in the first place.

Sorry, I just get annoyed since I know a lot of single Dads and I feel sorry for mine.

This is just my opinion. Also, when I say 'it' above, I mean He/She.

[Image: 110.jpg]
12-01-2009 06:11 AM
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

I'm not saying that all men are like that I'm just saying their is a high percentage of men who leave women when they are pregnant. Women for the mot part are compassionate creatures who look for someone to care about them. I just believe that when something like an unwanted baby happens who should have the final decision because after all every woman that gets pregnant wants the baby or intended for it to happen. I'm talking about for example teen couples. The girl should have the final say after its her body and and she's the one that would get stuck with the baby if the guy changes his mind
12-01-2009 06:18 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Takes two to have a baby - both parents should have input.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
12-01-2009 06:52 AM
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

Both parents should have input no doubt but at the end of the day it's mother decision. I guess what i was trying to say was abortion shouldn't be illegal Bored
12-01-2009 09:01 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

I have no problem with abortion, but only as long the pregnancy leading up to it was caused by (date) rape and/or faulty contraceptives (condoms, birth control pills, what have you). If you went and got laid out of lust and selfish desires and used NO contraceptives whatsoever, screw you, you should take care of the child you've made. Know what I mean?

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
12-01-2009 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

Totally with you. The mom would hate to have to explain to her child I don't known who you father is beacause he raped me. That would be unfair to the child too. But not if your careless
12-01-2009 09:17 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Abortion is ageist.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
12-01-2009 11:22 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

BacchusWrath Wrote:Abortion is ageist.
Why did I lawl?

I still stay by the belief that it should only be used in rape cases. Possibly a broken condom also.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-01-2009 01:34 PM
zoeypop Offline
Rebel

i am totally against abortion totally and completely.... its just wrong denying a child of its life b4 its born. and i get the whole rape thing that wuld b kinof unfair 4 the child so i guess abortion wuld b rite under those circumstances...and i also get the dad leavung while woman is pregnant, my dad did the same thing but nevr came bac...he left b4 i wuz born so i nvr kne him...now idk if hes dead or alive and frankly i dont care...i dont even kno his name to b honest with u...and u kno it doesnt bother me ive had a farher figure around me all my life and now my mom is married and i love my step dad so much i just call him daddy
12-01-2009 01:46 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

zoeypop Wrote:i am totally against abortion totally and completely.... its just wrong denying a child of its life b4 its born. and i get the whole rape thing that wuld b kinof unfair 4 the child so i guess abortion wuld b rite under those circumstances...and i also get the dad leavung while woman is pregnant, my dad did the same thing but nevr came bac...he left b4 i wuz born so i nvr kne him...now idk if hes dead or alive and frankly i dont care...i dont even kno his name to b honest with u...and u kno it doesnt bother me ive had a farher figure around me all my life and now my mom is married and i love my step dad so much i just call him daddy

Holy long-sentence batman!, so... what? I got not much of this.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
12-01-2009 01:55 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Loxor, are you blind? I understood perfectly.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-01-2009 02:09 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:Loxor, are you blind? I understood perfectly.

I no text.

Although I got some of it, now.

Some of it is atrocious.

Wastin' time
12-01-2009 02:10 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Loxor Wrote:I no text.
Neither do I, but, believe it or not, I have to type like that on myspace. (Okay, I DO spell things correctly though)

Faith o' Meter
12-01-2009 02:13 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Myspace...

LOL

Wastin' time
12-01-2009 02:13 PM
zoeypop Offline
Rebel

wow.....batman?rlly
12-01-2009 02:18 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Loxor Wrote:Myspace...

LOL
I'm a little asocial, so myspace is basically how I make friends. I know, it's very sad. Shuddup.

Faith o' Meter
12-01-2009 02:19 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

zoeypop Wrote:wow.....batman?rlly

Technically, it is Robin.

CrayolaColours Wrote:

LOL
I'm a little asocial, so myspace is basically how I make friends. I know, it's very sad. Shuddup.

I'm not judging. Wasntme Noo

Biggrin

Wastin' time
12-01-2009 02:24 PM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Why does (perceived) irresponsibility or carelessness matter?

If abortion is basically wrong, it's wrong regardless of that, although it could sometimes be the lesser evil. If it isn't wrong, then why should there be such restrictions?

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
12-01-2009 02:27 PM
Kirby Offline
Revolutionary

Given 16 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

Abortion is murder when a woman consensually has sex. She has brought a life into the world and is reponsible for it. If the man was not raped he is also responsible.

When a woman is raped and is expected to have a normal pregnancy, the killing of the child outweighs her pains. Remember, it is better to suffer injustice than to commit it.

There are only two justifable cases of abortion. The first is when the pregnancy is the result of her rape and the woman is likely to die. The second is when both mother and child are likely to die.

I've never let my school interfere with my education.
12-01-2009 03:11 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Kirby Wrote:When a woman is raped and is expected to have a normal pregnancy, the killing of the child outweighs her pains. Remember, it is better to suffer injustice than to commit it.
This isn't always true, some women would look at their kids and relive that night, it would be horrific. Though, in that case, I think I would choose adoption.

Faith o' Meter
12-01-2009 03:14 PM
zoeypop Offline
Rebel

so true i didnt think of that wen i decided against abortion but that is sooo true
12-01-2009 03:18 PM
Kirby Offline
Revolutionary

I think being killed is worse than emotional scarring but this is a fuzzy line. My main point is that regardless of contraception, people are responsible for their kids. If they are not responsible, being pregnant is essentially a crime of assault which needs to be balanced with the life of the child.

12-01-2009 03:25 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:

LOL
Excuse my off topicness, but you has Myspace?

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
12-01-2009 03:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

If the male wants it aborted, and the female doesn't, fuck the female. If she wants to keep it, so be it, but the male shouldn't have to pay for it. He's made his decision clear.

Also, if either of the parents want it aborted, regardless of which one it is, it should be aborted. No exceptions. Fuck the sexist society I've grown up in, I'm not gonna bow down to someone merely because of their gender.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-01-2009 07:44 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I'll go with anything that doesn't make an increase in daily bastard income. I hate people and especially the little noisy ones.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
12-02-2009 12:07 AM
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

I was rasied with the belief that abortion is wrong but the feeling doesn't run through my veins. I would have kill a child before it is born when it doesn't have memory or is not a whole person than to torture and kill when it becomes full grown person lving and breathing like we do which would could be the result if the parent really doesn't want the child
12-02-2009 12:42 AM
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

This discussion makes me remember why I hate humans. At the end of they day if people didn't rape people or people waited until they got married and wanted to be with one person instead of whoring around with everyone people wouln't have to worry about unwanted pregnacies and then abortion wouldn't have to come into the picture. People are greedy and just want everything and everyone so when they get preganant by the wrong person they want to kill the child. I dislike the species Bored
12-02-2009 12:56 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Birth control over abortion.

And COMMON FUCKING SENSE when it comes to sex.
If only people were with one person in their life, we wouldn't have things like jealousy, whoring, sex carried diseases, and unwanted children.
Fuck yeah, I'm insane for viewing non-virgins as "tainted", but I'm at least proud of where I stand.
It's easier to be a whore than to hold it in. APPLIES TO MEN TOO!

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
12-02-2009 01:18 AM
Kirby Offline
Revolutionary

Electro Gypsy Wrote:If she wants to keep it, so be it, but the male shouldn't have to pay for it. He's made his decision clear.
He made his decision clear when he had sex. The woman can agree to take all responsibility for the child but simply saying "I would prefer to murder my child" doesn't make his debt magically disappear.

12-02-2009 02:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Let's talk about abortion Sunbourn 54 16,581 06-19-2017 01:53 AM
Last Post: the Analogist
  Stance on Abortion Subb 47 6,987 05-30-2014 12:29 PM
Last Post: Rule_BreakerXVIII
  This is Why Abortion Should be Legal. Night 52 11,719 04-06-2013 05:09 AM
Last Post: thewake
  is it moral for women to have the right to abortion? Potato 60 9,885 11-29-2012 03:10 PM
Last Post: Sociopath
  Ramble about abortion. Prince Rilian 16 8,639 02-11-2012 09:04 AM
Last Post: avrillavigne12251
  The Only Moral Abortion is my Abortion aaaaaaasd 14 5,236 10-13-2011 04:36 PM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Abortion Thoughts Guest 152 15,662 06-09-2011 08:55 AM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Doesn't Christianity Encourage suicide and abortion? True Strasserist 7 2,451 03-20-2009 05:41 AM
Last Post: True Strasserist
  Abortion is sick sonoftheking 17 3,220 09-28-2008 09:31 AM
Last Post: mudkip liek
  Why I am against abortion Ahab 48 7,521 05-09-2008 05:21 AM
Last Post: Zombie