RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Shit That Happens Thread.
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
Weird Shit That Happens Thread.

Weird Shit.
It happens.
If you want to post it here, do so.

My weird shit of the day:

This weekend, me and my mom were baking cookies. We needed an egg.
So I got one from the fridge and got a cup to crack it into.

But as I cracked it and the yolk came out of the shell, i noticed a red tinge in the white of the egg.

The 'white', red in this case, poured out, and I noticed a small black thing still floating in the eggshell.

I immediately dropped the shell into the cup, and turned my face away.

It was a tiny, 1 centimeter long, curled up, and clearly dead chicken fetus.

It's eyelids stood out, pale against black skin. It's head was as big as the rest of its body. It was curled up, limbs still unformed, like some tiny alien, dead.

I immediately started gasping for breath.

'Holy Mother of God, Jesus Christ'

My mom asked what was wrong, and then just went, 'Ew, that's disgusting.'

It took me a few moments to catch my breath.

Then I quickly poured the egg, shell and all, down the garbage disposal.

I couldn't help but get this feeling....
It brought to mind abortion or something.
When I saw it, I wanted to start crying. Something inside me just freaked out. It was like, something triggered like a switch. It was just sad. It wasn't the gross-out factor, for me. It was just sad.

It was probably the most horrifying thing that's happened to me in a while.
Not a lot of scary things happen, and maybe this wasn't scary, persay...
But it was so strange and eerie....

When you open something you're intending to eat, and find a living (or, recently living) creature in it....
It's really unnerving!

I'm no closer to being a vegetarian.
My opinions on abortion haven't changed.
It just was something that....made me think and scared me.

It almost felt good, in a way, being scared.
Those synapses in my brain haven't been fired up in a long time.

^copied from a blog of mine, so the way its typed may sound strange

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
12-08-2009 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: Weird Shit That Happens Thread.

Wow. It might be fucked up of me, but I wish I had pics. I'm so fucked up it's almost lulzy, I see a dead cat and go "cool". though, I do see how that would freak you out, as it does sort of remind me of abortion. I don't really know where I stand on abortion, so I wont comment on that any further, at risk of sounding like an idiot.

On an unrelated note:

I can haz cookies? Laugh

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-08-2009 02:50 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

You should've kept the fetus and blood and made a seperate batch of cookies and give it to people that piss you off.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-08-2009 03:27 PM
 Thanks given by: DreamRebel
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

CrayolaColours Wrote:Wow. It might be fucked up of me, but I wish I had pics. I'm so fucked up it's almost lulzy, I see a dead cat and go "cool". though, I do see how that would freak you out, as it does sort of remind me of abortion. I don't really know where I stand on abortion, so I wont comment on that any further, at risk of sounding like an idiot.

On an unrelated note:

I can haz cookies? Laugh

Sry, we eated dem.

Electro Gypsy Wrote:You should've kept the fetus and blood and made a seperate batch of cookies and give it to people that piss you off.

DX EW. Just, EW.
So why am I loling?

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
12-08-2009 05:02 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

You should've put the fetus in a jar of resin and sold it.
12-08-2009 05:31 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Nothing like a warm, fresh batch of abortion cookies on Christmas morning. As American as apple pie.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
12-09-2009 02:10 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:Nothing like a warm, fresh batch of abortion cookies on Christmas morning. As American as apple pie.
QFT

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-09-2009 06:29 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2008-08-09

I mean, WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
12-09-2009 08:37 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

O.o if i cracked an egg and that happened, i would've freaked out and tried to put it back together.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
12-09-2009 01:14 PM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Sometimes I will think of something, or a random memory of a specific thing will come to mind. Hours or days later someone will bring it up, or it will be related incredibly closely to something I read or watch, etcetera.

Little bouts of precognition? Only, I cannot pick out of my thoughts ~exactly~ what is going to be mentioned, or when, or in what context, or even by whom or for what reason/s. This as been happening to me/through me(?) since the sixth grade, so I have grown to at least recognize the thoughts that I have that are totally unrelated to whatever it is I am focusing on at the time - so I can keep those in mind when *all of a sudden* they are mentioned in the future. But with so many things on my mind I usually forget to try to remember. [Image: animesweat.gif]

Will eventually make a thread about this in "Our Ever-Shifting Imaginations"....stress on the word eventually....
12-09-2009 01:36 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Here is weird for you.

I pick up my toothbrush to brush my teeth, after applying toothpaste I turn it over for some reason. Lo and behold on the brush was a fucking ladybug, having a party on my toothbrush. I panicked, and have now probably developed an irrational fear of my toothbrush being infested.

Wastin' time
01-19-2010 03:20 PM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Loxor Wrote:Here is weird for you.

I pick up my toothbrush to brush my teeth, after applying toothpaste I turn it over for some reason. Lo and behold on the brush was a fucking ladybug, having a party on my toothbrush. I panicked, and have now probably developed an irrational fear of my toothbrush being infested.

Laugh
I would be freaked out as well, but where I live it'd probably be a frakkin long stinkbug or something...
A ladybug wouldn't freak me out as much, but ANY insect near my mouth is no bueno...

Live for Learning.

01-19-2010 04:09 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, I was about to put the toothbrush in my mouth as well...

Wastin' time
01-19-2010 04:09 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

A few people Wrote:Stuff about bird fetuses
OH HIA THAR

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
01-19-2010 04:39 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Yum.

Wastin' time
01-19-2010 04:43 PM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

One of my friends was put in a garbage can outside of school by a group of dicks. One of the deans came by, noticed my friend in the trash can, and scolded him, telling him not to "screw around" and to "get out of there before he gets in trouble."

Also, there's a rumor that one of the janitors spent several years in prison for spinning midgets on his dick.
03-07-2010 10:51 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:One of my friends was put in a garbage can outside of school by a group of dicks. One of the deans came by, noticed my friend in the trash can, and scolded him, telling him not to "screw around" and to "get out of there before he gets in trouble."

Also, there's a rumor that one of the janitors spent several years in prison for spinning midgets on his dick.

For being in a rich school it sure sounds like shit there. :(

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-10-2010 03:25 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Me and my friend visited a cemetery near my house. It's fun to look around at the stones and stuff. (lol kinda weird) So anyway we were walking down a plot of flat grave markers. Reading off names and dates. And as my friend wandered off I looked down on a stone.

December 5th 19**

My birthday. I just kind of stood there. I was standing directly above the grave. That person died, A whole life and legacy ended right there. The same day, within hours of my new life. It was just so weird. Thinking of there bones sitting down there for eternity. Right below me, I just kind of felt like, woah.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
05-11-2010 02:51 PM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Some black kid knocked on our front door once, he was looking for someone and we told him he had the wrong house. He comes the next day, and the next day, and the day after that, and the next day, and so on for a week. Looking for someone. And every single time we told him he had the wrong house. Yet he kept coming. And then he stopped. Shrug

One time I drove to a store. Right after I got out of my car, I got this really strong feeling that I would see one of my teachers there....for some reason and out of the blue. As I was walking towards the store, there was that same teacher, walking towards it too.

Oh...and I don't believe in ghosts and all that shit, but this scared me a lot. I got up one morning and was getting ready to go to school. I was alone, everyone had left for work/school already. So I'm like "ok cool". Grabbed my bag and walked out the door. I take 5 steps away from the house and I hear something. I turn around to see what it is, and I see the door moving as if someone from the inside was banging on it trying to get out. It went on for like 6 second too which might not sound like a lot, but it was. I was like "what the hell?". It wasn't windy and I'm pretty sure there weren't any windows open in the house. So I really don't know what it was. But it scared the living shit out of me so I BOOKED it.
05-21-2010 10:06 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Well, sometime last year. Just got up. Checked my iPod for the time. It was 5AM. That didn't click, because normally I have to be dragged out bed in the morning. Then I noticed it was really light for 5AM. And then I opened my windows.
[Image: r213693_825388.jpg]

Yeah, that.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
05-21-2010 07:08 PM
rosslebossserd Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:Well, sometime last year. Just got up. Checked my iPod for the time. It was 5AM. That didn't click, because normally I have to be dragged out bed in the morning. Then I noticed it was really light for 5AM. And then I opened my windows.
[Image: r213693_825388.jpg]

Yeah, that.

That's cool. Something like that should happen to me.
12-31-2010 10:48 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

IllusoryDeath Wrote:Sometimes I will think of something, or a random memory of a specific thing will come to mind. Hours or days later someone will bring it up, or it will be related incredibly closely to something I read or watch, etcetera.

Little bouts of precognition? Only, I cannot pick out of my thoughts ~exactly~ what is going to be mentioned, or when, or in what context, or even by whom or for what reason/s. This as been happening to me/through me(?) since the sixth grade, so I have grown to at least recognize the thoughts that I have that are totally unrelated to whatever it is I am focusing on at the time - so I can keep those in mind when *all of a sudden* they are mentioned in the future. But with so many things on my mind I usually forget to try to remember. [Image: animesweat.gif]

Will eventually make a thread about this in "Our Ever-Shifting Imaginations"....stress on the word eventually....
You and me both.

Sometimes, I have dreams, like visions; and They come TRUE Wtf

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
01-01-2011 12:00 AM
over_9000 Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Once I had a dream of me taking a shower. Lo and behold, when I woke up I had a shower! I must be a prophet.
01-01-2011 12:13 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

over_9000 Wrote:Once I had a dream of me taking a shower. Lo and behold, when I woke up I had a shower! I must be a prophet.
Mine are more complicated than that. It once to me to a barnes and noble's and I was standing in the exact point and dint realize it until I was RIGHT THERE.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
01-01-2011 12:15 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

over_9000 Wrote:Once I had a dream of me taking a shower. Lo and behold, when I woke up I had a shower! I must be a prophet troll.

Yes.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
01-01-2011 12:22 AM
over_9000 Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Sociopath Wrote:
over_9000 Wrote:Once I had a dream of me taking a shower. Lo and behold, when I woke up I had a shower! I must be a prophet.
Mine are more complicated than that. It once to me to a barnes and noble's and I was standing in the exact point and dint realize it until I was RIGHT THERE.

I don't know what barnes and noble's is, but human memory isn't that reliable. Look atthis: http://www.holah.co.uk/summary/loftus/
01-01-2011 12:54 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Cool you got a stillborn.
Also, get some balls, it's nature, it ain't the prettiest sight.

I think abortion is okay. Women should have the choice to determine what grows inside of their body, and feeds off them like a parasite.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
05-01-2011 09:52 AM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Once saw a guy i hate get eaten bye a tiger at the zoo, he was being a dumbass. Then i woke up. :waah:

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
06-02-2011 12:45 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Quote:Women should have the choice to determine what grows inside of their body, and feeds off them like a parasite.

Yeah... aside from rape taking responsibility for your actions is soooooo stupid.

1/2 :troll:

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-02-2011 02:23 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:
Quote:Women should have the choice to determine what grows inside of their body, and feeds off them like a parasite.

Yeah... aside from rape taking responsibility for your actions is soooooo stupid.

1/2 :troll:
THIS in its entirety. It'd probably be the same shit since souls and whatever could be non-existent. Meh. However, I guess it's better to just take responsibility. After all, it's cheaper.
PRO-LIFEE
STOP KILLING BABIEZ :(

By this logic of no religion, holy shit, in the end everything would be worthless... since in the end, we'll all "turn into dust". Holy shit, the bible is right on something. We'll change form. We'll stop being humans, what we're made of will turn into something else, as well as all that we've done. Therefore, nothing we do would matter, other than only for our own feelings.
Sometimes I hate thinking. It can get depressing. Breaks my ego and self-importance/special feeling, I guess. But really, nothing matters, nihilism. I guess it'd be fair enough to live only to satisfy our own feelings. Fuck it, I'll leave it there.

[Image: glorious666.png]
06-02-2011 04:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hide your online shit thread. gore goroth 9 4,280 04-29-2012 06:10 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows