RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITT AWOL Copies Rebelnerd
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)
ITT AWOL Copies Rebelnerd

Riot, so, there doth be this girl, who looks cute, and is totally awesome. She plays piano, in fact as I speak she's either singing Christmas charols or doing a piano recital. She's into epic music, one band she likes is Avantasia, and I got an album of Avantasia yesterday, and it is awesome. It's called The Scarecrow, and it is epic win. It's Avantasia's third album. Avantasia is a side project by Edguy's Tobias Sammet, some guy from Europe. It's funny, but Europe is like a haven for Metal or something, which strikes me as odd, as Europe was the 'refined' country in times of old, center of the Renaissance. Speaking of the Renaissance, the new Assassin's Creed is fucking epic, although the 'free-running' is a tad too smooth. Something that bugs me about the AC series is that it calls parkour 'free-running'. There is a large difference: Parkour is the art of getting from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible, whereas free-running focuses more on aesthetics and looking cool, kind of like a Jet Li movie. My favorite Jet Li movie has to be The One, it's just so fucking epic. Although I disagree with the entire concept (multiple world theory), it's still pretty interesting. A guy goes around the 'Multiverse' killing versions of himself after he was forced to defend from and kill someone whilst on a mission for the MPA (Multiverse Protection Agency). Stand By Me, however has to be my favorite movie of all time. Well, I left for three hours, so this is it the finish.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-13-2009 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: ITT AWOL Copies Rebelnerd

Wow, I think you've captured the essence of the new forum. Laugh

I'm getting Assassin's Creed 2 for Christmas, do I need to play the first one to understand it? I have a bad graphics card, so I couldn't play my dad's PC version.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-13-2009 06:45 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Yes, yes you do. The plot is just way too confusing otherwise. Also, controls, the second game does not teach you them.

12-13-2009 07:11 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

A girl who plays piano, and is awesome? I envy you.

I checked out Avantasia, it's great. I love progressive/symphonic metal.
But I think I only like "The Metal Opera". I listened to "Lost in Space" from Scarecrow and really didn't like it.

[Image: glorious666.png]
12-14-2009 02:43 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Lunatic Wrote:A girl who plays piano, and is awesome? I envy you.

I checked out Avantasia and it's AWESOME. I love progressive/symphonic metal.
Progressive/symphonic metal you say? MUST LISTEN

Anyway, Playing the first one wont be I big deal, I just remembered, I'm getting a new graphics card on Christmas anyway, so I could play it then.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-14-2009 02:51 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Um... The Scarecrow really does need some getting used to. It's not something you just dive into, know what I mean?

12-14-2009 02:58 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

It seemed to pop-ish to me. And not progressive enough. But, it was just one song and just for a few seconds and I skipped a lot.

12-14-2009 03:08 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I sort of like the pop-ish sound though. But I like everything, seriously. Give me a song that's not by Disney, and is made by an artist that isn't a skank, and I'll probably like it.

Faith o' Meter
12-14-2009 03:45 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Avantasia really isn't too poppish, but it's varies greatly in mood, tempo, pitch etc.

Also, if you don't like it (it, there's only one stable member), remember that the lead singer is hot.

12-14-2009 05:52 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Electro Gypsy Wrote:Riot, so, there doth be this girl, who looks cute, and is totally awesome. She plays piano, in fact as I speak she's either singing Christmas charols or doing a piano recital. She's into epic music, one band she likes is Avantasia, and I got an album of Avantasia yesterday, and it is awesome. It's called The Scarecrow, and it is epic win. It's Avantasia's third album. Avantasia is a side project by Edguy's Tobias Sammet, some guy from Europe. It's funny, but Europe is like a haven for Metal or something, which strikes me as odd, as Europe was the 'refined' country in times of old, center of the Renaissance. Speaking of the Renaissance, the new Assassin's Creed is fucking epic, although the 'free-running' is a tad too smooth. Something that bugs me about the AC series is that it calls parkour 'free-running'. There is a large difference: Parkour is the art of getting from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible, whereas free-running focuses more on aesthetics and looking cool, kind of like a Jet Li movie. My favorite Jet Li movie has to be The One, it's just so fucking epic. Although I disagree with the entire concept (multiple world theory), it's still pretty interesting. A guy goes around the 'Multiverse' killing versions of himself after he was forced to defend from and kill someone whilst on a mission for the MPA (Multiverse Protection Agency). Stand By Me, however has to be my favorite movie of all time. Well, I left for three hours, so this is it the finish.
Short story long

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
12-14-2009 09:04 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Electro Gypsy Wrote:Avantasia really isn't too poppish, but it's varies greatly in mood, tempo, pitch etc.

Also, if you don't like it (it, there's only one stable member), remember that the lead singer is hot.
LMAO LIKE HES PENIS IS SMALL
If the lead singer changed, that's probably it. And I didn't listen it for long enough. I like progressive music a lot, I'm very used to many different kinds of it.

12-15-2009 04:15 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Tobias Sammet is the lead singer, and the only stable member. Remembered this topic after looking at Rebelnerd's.

01-19-2010 09:08 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Listened to it again full thorough. It was kind of boring but it had some good moments.

01-20-2010 03:46 PM