RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statutory Rape
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Statutory Rape

It's pretty clear that I have been using this website to voice my opinions on certain matters such as abortion and homosexuality. Another law that I hate is the one on statutory rape. I believe that they don't give people a chance. I believe that in cases like these, BOTH people should go to jail, the minor and the adult. It plays out like this, for the cases where kids use fake ID's to get peoeple to sleep with them and the adult honestly doesn't know that is so unfair. I think the minor should go to jail to because it's like they know the law. They know they shouldn't sleep with people over 18 but the consequences don't affect them so they go around using their fake ID's and screwing up other people's lives while they just get a slap on the hand for having a fake ID. Never mind you just messed up someone else's life. Sad Other take the term rape out of the phrase because for the most part it's consential. IDK I just hate the justice system.
12-17-2009 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)
Re: Statutory Rape

The minor shouldn't be punished at all. That's like the thing where the girl got punished for sending pictures of HERSELF.

If the minor tricked the adult then the adult should not be punished, but the minor is still not guilty of anything.
12-17-2009 01:07 AM
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

I still believe that minors should be punished. For the girl who sent pictures of herself on the internet that teaches awarness to teens to not do stuff like that, because that's just wrong. Besides when you look at a person walking down the street unless you're blind you can tell whether a person is an adult or not because I know I can. Also it's so hard to find out who tricked who, because I know a lot of kids lie so they do get in trouble with their parents and say that they were raped, and that's not fair because you couldn't control your impulse someone elses reputation is messed up. I'm not saying go to jail for life I'm saying you resume should say took part in statutory rape someone or something like that
12-17-2009 01:42 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

If the minor can't be considered the victim, then who is the crime against and why should it be illegal?

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
12-17-2009 01:54 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

No matter whether the minor lied about his/her age or not, the minor can't be guilty of anything because it's not possible to rape yourself.

If the minor durgged the adult or raped the adult, then the minor would be guilty.

Since the minor cannot rape him/herself, he/she can't be guilty.

If the adult genuinely thought the minor was over age, then the adult shouldn't be punished.

So only the adult could be guilty from this situation, which is when the adult knows the kid is a minor but has sex anyway. Then the adult would be punished, unless all consensual sex was legal, which it is not, and I have no opinion on that.
12-17-2009 01:55 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

SethyDavidG Wrote:It's pretty clear that I have been using this website to voice my opinions on certain matters such as abortion and homosexuality. Another law that I hate is the one on statutory rape. I believe that they don't give people a chance. I believe that in cases like these, BOTH people should go to jail, the minor and the adult. It plays out like this, for the cases where kids use fake ID's to get peoeple to sleep with them and the adult honestly doesn't know that is so unfair. I think the minor should go to jail to because it's like they know the law. They know they shouldn't sleep with people over 18 but the consequences don't affect them so they go around using their fake ID's and screwing up other people's lives while they just get a slap on the hand for having a fake ID. Never mind you just messed up someone else's life. Sad Other take the term rape out of the phrase because for the most part it's consential. IDK I just hate the justice system.

Its called a court. If the adult was innocent, it's the job of the court to hear them.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
12-17-2009 06:40 AM
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

Am I the only person who knows that government is corrupt because it is run by humans and humans make mistakes ? When u say stuff like this I keeping in mind some of the things that go wrong. No one but God can tell if people are truly sorry for they have done.
12-18-2009 08:56 AM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

SethyDavidG Wrote:Am I the only person who knows that government is corrupt because it is run by humans and humans make mistakes ? When u say stuff like this I keeping in mind some of the things that go wrong. No one but God can tell if people are truly sorry for they have done.
I'm sorry but, when I read that last part....ugh.
12-18-2009 09:12 AM
 Thanks given by: The man
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Innocent people get sentenced to death also. It doesn't mean we should stop punishing murderers. Although the whole "Statutory rape" thing pisses me off when it's a 16 year old and a 18 year old.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-18-2009 09:23 AM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:Innocent people get sentenced to death also. It doesn't mean we should stop punishing murderers. Although the whole "Statutory rape" thing pisses me off when it's a 16 year old and a 18 year old.
Agreed completely. That also ties into what age/s should be considered "legal adult," but that's a whole other conversation.
12-18-2009 09:26 AM
SethyDavidG Offline
Rebel

CrayolaColours Wrote:Innocent people get sentenced to death also. It doesn't mean we should stop punishing murderers. Although the whole "Statutory rape" thing pisses me off when it's a 16 year old and a 18 year old.
I don't believe that you should stop punishing bad people either I'm just saying when the same thing keeps happening over and over such as cases where adults get in trouble because minors pretend that they are adults. I'm just saying to many accidents happen and I would rather let and guilty man go free that put an innocent man in jail. I know it might sound crazy but I believe that if a guilty person gets set free they'll get theirs eventually if they were truly and bad person. A person who made and mistake is not likely to keep doing the same thing over and over again unless it was truly not a mistake. A "bad" person is likely to do something else they're no supposed to do and chances are they'll get caught again by why ruin a perfectly good person just in case so they'll get pissed off and want to become a bad person.
Ex: Five people in a car, one of them sells drugs but you're not sure, so you throw them all in jail. You ruined 4 good people for the sake of one, when on the other hand you could let them all go and the person who sells is obviously going to sell again and get caught and you can just throw that person in jail.
12-19-2009 04:57 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Your definition of an "adult" is someone who is just more than 18 years old. I don't agree at all with what you are saying, if both persons want to do it, they should not be punished, and it is not rape, I know it sounds fucked up, but most likely when it happens it's a very small age difference, like 16 and 18. All of this originated in modern times, it's yet another form of discrimination.
What you say about God being the only one to be able to tell if people are sorry for what they have done, doesn't make sense. There's a difference between being sorry for something and being wrong in something, being sorry is just an emotion, and I'm not even atheist like a lot of people in here. If you mean that God is the only one who can tell if people are wrong, you are being an hypocrite, because you are giving "wrong" a definition from opinions of people.

[Image: glorious666.png]
12-20-2009 12:57 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

The cases of adult-x-teen are however the main cause of degeneration, and even worse lack of reason than the school induces. It's my barely-adult brother who wants me to start ass-hunting just because "it's already the age". I wouldn't exclude him possibly seducing minor girls, but I won't accuse him of that until I'm sure.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
12-20-2009 01:12 PM
the forgotten Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

The law is actually over 16 and within four years in most states, I feel I should point this out. So if once you turn sixteen you have to go past 20 to find your boyfriend that's his problem, and he needs to be more responsible. You assume all teens are liars, your logic here is flawed, you act as if all adults are innocent, also a flaw.

Keep God(s or any variation of them) out of politics, we have enough problems without extremeists.

Dance, when you're broken up.
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.
-- rumi --
12-29-2009 12:20 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

In my state, the legal age is 17...

Just sayin.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-29-2009 06:57 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:In my state, the legal age is 17...

Just sayin.
I'll avoid making a smart-ass comment on this.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
12-30-2009 02:35 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

See this issue actually effects me. My girlfriend is 17 and I am 19. Besides being a total age of 36, this means that every year there is a two month gap between when I turn a year older and she does. Does that mean for those two months when I am 20 and she is 17.... It is illegal for me to kiss the girl I have been dating for almost two years.

It baffles me. Though there are exceptions. I live in Connecticut; and we have a two year law. In which if the consenting individuals are within two years of each others age then it is not considered statutory rape.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
12-31-2009 08:21 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

The Desert Fox Wrote:
CrayolaColours Wrote:In my state, the legal age is 17...

Just sayin.
I'll avoid making a smart-ass comment on this.
lolwut?

ACHEIVEMENT UNLOCKED! Laugh

Faith o' Meter
12-31-2009 11:18 PM
Kirby Offline
Revolutionary

Given 16 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

I've never let my school interfere with my education.
01-05-2010 12:57 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

But not old enough to raise, at least as long as the system keeps infantilizing us and crippling our growth process.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
01-05-2010 01:04 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Ceiling Cat Wrote:But not old enough to raise, at least as long as the system keeps infantilizing us and crippling our growth process.
With the whole "you must go to school and you can't live independently, you do not have the right to work, you must dedicate your ass to school. You're adults at 18 BECAUSE I SAID SO MWAHAHAHAH! Stupid teenagers, I love oppressing you. Adult powaaah" shit.

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-05-2010 04:27 PM
nostaw Offline
Renegade

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Anyone who is old enough and mentally capable enough to understand what they're doing, should be able to have sex, regardless of the other partners age.

Yes, that does mean that I think it's perfectly okay for a 16 year old girl to have sex with a 92 year old man.

Not saying it's really "right" but come on, the girl knows what she's doing, and the guy wanted sex. Case closed.

Independence limited,
Freedom of choices made for you my friend,
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend,
Freedom... with their exception.
01-06-2010 03:32 PM
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra , The man
Lovey Offline
Renegade

Kirby Wrote:Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

They don't have a smiley for how horrified I was after reading that. Sick sick sick sick sick.

somebody Wrote:This game separates the men from the other men, because why are men playing with boys anyways.
01-06-2010 11:21 PM
There is no cause of anything

Given 204 thank(s) in 143 post(s)
RE: Statutory Rape

(01-06-2010 03:32 PM)nostaw Wrote:  Anyone who is old enough and mentally capable enough to understand what they're doing, should be able to have sex, regardless of the other partners age.

Yes, that does mean that I think it's perfectly okay for a 16 year old girl to have sex with a 92 year old man.

Not saying it's really "right" but come on, the girl knows what she's doing, and the guy wanted sex. Case closed.

Hell Fucking yes! A lot of times when I find other people questioning statutory laws, they say it's ok if a 15 year old is with someone who's around 19, but if they are with someone who's 32 they say stuff like, "What the hell kid, that is a grown ass man," or "You're too young for him," "You couldn't possibly have anything in common," "Manipulation," and other shit like that.
People don't become suddenly incapable of consenting when the person they are with is older, and adults aren't SO different from youth that they couldn't POSSIBLY have anything in common. Brickwall

"I’M BEGGING YOU, PRINCE ZUKO! It’s time for you to look inward and begin asking yourself the big question: who are you and what do YOU want?"
" While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing"
-Uncle Iroh(Avatar: the Last Airbender)
03-29-2017 11:43 AM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

Given 2293 thank(s) in 1517 post(s)
Statutory Rape

[Image: ILvlBZb.png]

I find it ironic that the bible thumper states have lower age of consent laws.

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

[Image: Nas-One-Love.jpg]

Stop jerking off to porn and whining and do something about it

Make School Survival Great Again - MSSGA

Hidden stuff:

[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
[Image: mg_michelle_2020.png]