RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical of the critical
anonomous Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Critical of the critical

Have you ever had a conversation with someone that kinda went like this? :

You: Hey do you like [George] Bush?
Someone: No, he's an idiot.
You: Why?
Someone: I dunno... he just is.

He just is.

I've observed something like this very uncomfortably. Why would someone think George Bush (or any other politician) is an idiot just because they are? It's mainly due to prejudice and a lack of knowledge about the person. Prejudice is easily gained from the biased media. Add that to one's lack of knowledge originates this thought which spreads.

In the 2007 Australian federal election, Kevin Rudd (from the Labor party) won. [Just in case you don't live in Australia or do not pay attention to Australian politics, John Howard is from the Liberal party. The main parties in Australia are Liberal and Labor. John Howard won the federal election in 1996 when he beat Paul Keating from the Labor party. He's been in power since then so it's been 11 years. Somewhere along his time in office, John Howard developed 'Workchoices' This law which restricts trade union's actions and gives the employer more power(kind of like Thatcher's ideology) which the Labor party was against. ]

How did they[Labor party] win? By saying John Howard and the Liberal party were too old (He was 68 during the campaign). The Labor party also used the slogan 'Kevin07' and kept proclaiming they had 'new ideas'. The Labor party fed off the ignorance of some of the Y Generation (and some other people). The Labor party judged Howard by his appearance [Not counting the IR laws but Workchoices was also a significant topic enough to make Labor win the election, I admit that] and somewhere in the Labor party campaign, you got the sense that John Howard was some senile old man who was clutching on his position, refusing to let go. Even the slogan 'Kevin 07' was enough to tell you that the importance of their connection with some of the y-Generation who fell for it (and some other people) was only temporary enough to win the election. Appearance alone can sway the ignorant. That's why some really stupid people vote for people they find attractive. It's sickening.

So please, I urge you, before you make judgements about someone, get all the facts. Use your brain. Don't be swayed by opinion from the media, rather, make your own judgement by reading all the plain facts.

BTW I bear no grudge against the Labor party, I just got annoyed by the style of their campaign.

Schoolboy sees teacher in playground
SB: Fuck you sir
Teacher: What was that?
SB: I said puck you sir
( Summer heights High )

[Image: stop-drop2.jpg]
12-28-2009 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Re: Critical of the critical

Well, I myself do that sometimes. If someone asks me something, and I answer, and they say "Why?", I often do the "it just is" thing to avoid talking to them further. I just don't really feel like explaining myself to most people. Doesn't mean I don't have reasons, just means I don't want to talk about them. If I said "I don't want to talk about it" they'd probably assume that something "traumatic" happened to me that makes me not want to talk. Which makes them annoy me even MORE if they then feel worried about me or somesuch.

... this post just reminded me of my mother. So. Many. QUESTIONS!

Okay, that was a rant. Not really on topic. I'll shut up now.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-29-2009 02:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
anonomous Offline
Revolutionary

SoulRiser Wrote:Well, I myself do that sometimes. If someone asks me something, and I answer, and they say "Why?", I often do the "it just is" thing to avoid talking to them further. I just don't really feel like explaining myself to most people. Doesn't mean I don't have reasons, just means I don't want to talk about them. If I said "I don't want to talk about it" they'd probably assume that something "traumatic" happened to me that makes me not want to talk. Which makes them annoy me even MORE if they then feel worried about me or somesuch.

... this post just reminded me of my mother. So. Many. QUESTIONS!

Okay, that was a rant. Not really on topic. I'll shut up now.

Oh sorry, that post was directed to people who argue without thinking.(not you of corse)

( Summer heights High )

12-29-2009 07:07 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Yeah, bias is relatively annoying, but, what you gonna do?

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
12-31-2009 11:29 AM
anonomous Offline
Revolutionary

Karus Wrote:Yeah, bias is relatively annoying, but, what you gonna do?

It's not the bias that's annoying me, it's the prejudice. To be biased is simply human nature.

( Summer heights High )

01-02-2010 11:07 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Well, apparently so is prejudice.

I was watching something about how girl are going out of control violent (teens o course) cyberbulling the like.

The filmed one saying how she didn't even know what they were fighting over, just THEY HAD TO HATE EACHOTHER.

Also, on an interesting note, apparently when girls fight they have no honor.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
01-02-2010 11:10 AM
anonomous Offline
Revolutionary

Karus Wrote:Well, apparently so is prejudice.

True,true. But I suppose these things are unavoidabe. *Sigh

( Summer heights High )

01-02-2010 04:55 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Karus Wrote:Also, on an interesting note, apparently when girls fight they have no honor.
And when guys fight, they're "OMFG IMMA TUFF GUY Biggrin"
Same as when a girl sleeps around, it makes her a whore. When a guy sleeps around, he's a "PLAYA"

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
01-02-2010 05:12 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Not really when you consider them manwhores instead. And speaking of majority, when a girl sleeps around she's apparently 'playful'. Now that you've brought this up, keep sharp objects away from me for a while.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
01-02-2010 11:57 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Ceiling Cat Wrote:Not really when you consider them manwhores instead. And speaking of majority, when a girl sleeps around she's apparently 'playful'. Now that you've brought this up, keep sharp objects away from me for a while.
When the fuck did that happen? Maybe to the guys, but to girls, sleeping around is the worst thing you can do. But if guy does it, it's accepted universally. (of course, I'm speaking of majority)

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
01-03-2010 12:26 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I really think I live in a fucked up place then. Girls are proud of being whores here, as they're a majority and considered cool. But what to expect from those who tend get pregnant at 15 and not remember weekends since they left basic school?
Someone get me out of here. Fucking please, even if it had to be aliens.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
01-03-2010 12:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Frankfurt School and Critical Theory I Must Enter a Username 7 3,813 04-24-2014 01:14 PM
Last Post: I Must Enter a Username