RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choices and on campus suspension (OCS) and other stupid crap
laichi Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Choices and on campus suspension (OCS) and other stupid crap

I wanted to talk about my schools bullshit LAW system
If you live in Texas you know that we have a discipline plan implemented in our school system that is very BS. Also in Texas the schools make money off of putting kids in detention and other punishments, remember the more people with "discipline" problems the more the school can demand money on the claim of having a "rough" school. Also in the state of Texas we have zero tolerance laws(AKA one minor thing we put you in the slammer). Here's how the punishment system goes from lowest offense to highest:

D-hall (detention)
You can obtain these by being late to class or even not having an ID Or any other bullshit reason a teacher comes up with. You then have to stay one hour after school. Sometimes they let you out early if you are able to recite the school's mission statement from memory.
(BTW my school are like Nazi's when it comes to wearing IDs.They literally claim you do not exist in the student body if you don't have an ID. They flip out completely and scream and yell). BTW as a side note, last year you got a d-hall form your teacher. Now they started this bullshit called the "tardy tables" where they set up like three tables in each hall with a basket of paper sticker temporary IDs and d-hall slips. If you are late for class every teacher in the school locks the door on your ass when the class bell rings and they actually stand at the door and won"t let you even put your stuff down in the class until you have gotten a d-hall (If you have an awesome I mean, radiating AWESOME teacher, they will let you in without you having to get one).
On completely RANDOM days they do a LOCKOUT where every teacher is required to lock the door on you. This is EXTREMELY irritating. Especially if you are ALREADY in class and you go to the restroom you come back and have to knock on the frelling door and WAIT for this teacher to stop talking and let you in.

Thursday Night school
You usually get these if you are absent to many times during the school year or you consistently skip D-hall.

OCS (On Campus Suspension)
If you skip d-halls sometimes you'll get this. You can also obtain these by fighting, cursing, anything that some random person can blackmail you for on lie on you about, and once again any bullshit the teacher pulls on you. OCS is basically where you are completely separated from the entire student body. In a small room with other "criminals" who broke the laws of Der Fuhrer. You go to lunch I believe after everyone else has eaten so you get leftovers.A lot of teachers DO NOT send work to you like they are supposed to or they send you some bland vague directions as to where you cannot understand any assignment you are working on. More than likely when you get this work you get NO class notes on them. And If you do not finish ALL work you get an ass load of zeros. Most people try and say OCS is awesome because you can sleep and do nothing in there and most people say that to look like a hard ass. While that is true. I highly DO NOT recommend it unless you want to be there again with no human contact, you can like NEVER EVER go to the restroom (unless you kiss the OCS teacher's ass) and you want scraps from the fuhrer. And of course failing your class which sets you back a year from graduating therefore you dig your own hole back into hell.

CHOICES
OH CHOICES! people praise this place like it's heaven on earth. NO IT IS NOT. Choices is pretty similar to OCS for the fact that the rooms are outside the building in the parking lot in a trailer (NO FUCKING JOKE HERE they seriously are trailers without wheels on stilts). They are like a shed with steps on them. It is also similar to OCS in the fact that you cannot go to the restroom (unless you kiss major ass), you still get scraps and you can sleep. But at a heavy price.

Turning Point High school
If you REALLY piss the fuhrer off,fight, rack up enough d-halls and OCS, get a ticket, or get caught with drugs they completely send you off to another high school called Turning Point high school. People praise this one too. The extreme problem is the school is like way across the other side of town and you may end up riding a bus there. It's like prison in school form. You stay there sometimes the semester or the rest of the year. Also If you get "in trouble" before summer you may end up starting next year in turning point or Choices you wont even begin the year at school and everyone will think you are a new student by the time you have "served your time".

Any thing higher than these punishments and you end up in Juvenile detention center which IS children jail or (If you are a senior) you go to prison. REAL prison.

I have only been in choices and I HATED IT. You might as well be in Juvenile detention center. I ended up in there during middle school. A boy in my physical education class punched me clean in the gut and I told my coach. She completely ignored me and he turned around and lied and said that I hit him even though he had no clear signs of being attacked. I am a very slender girl with no muscle tone. You really think I could have beaten that dude up? I was thrown in choices for 3 days.

My school is full of shit. You can't even report a crime to these people. this year my brand new cellphone got stolen out of my locker. I told the police and they didn't even give me a incident report (which is something they legally have to give me). They wrote some scribbles on a notepad and did NOTHING I had to fight tooth and nail to get my phone replaced and get the person charged and arrested. get this, after I reported it SHE IS STILL AT THE SCHOOL. WHAT.THE.FU**?! I EVEN SAW THIS BITCH AT WAL-MART! Basically the school system here goes on a "whomever told the principal first wins" basis. Sometimes you risk your ask reporting something because sometimes you'll end up in a shitstorm and end up in OCS or CHOICES WITH that person. Also it's EXTREMELY hard to defend yourself. The principals do this unfair crap, when they send you to the office they send you with whomever you are reporting AND they close the door without any security guard in the room to get rid of any Legal witnesses.

Now For some more dumb school and Class rules...
MOST teachers only give you two passes per 6 weeks so if you use them up you can go to the restroom for the rest of that six weeks (Texas has six six weeks). Teachers have A LOT Against you going to the bathroom.

There is a table outside next to the baseball field at my school. You CANNOT Sit at that table or you will get a D-hall. If a security guard catches you there they start to ACTUALLY CHASE you on foot or in those golf carts they ride. I have ran from them once. once you leave campus they cannot chase you anymore.

Believe it or not my biology teacher rocks! sometimes he tells us what the teachers are doing at the teacher meetings. He said there are actually teachers that purely enjoy giving kids detentions there is a crazy,psycho English teacher here and she actually has contests with other effed up teachers to see how many detentions and or punishments she can give out. This same psycho English teacher actually sits at Golden chick (a chicken restaurant up the street about 2 minutes from the school) and tries to catch underclassmen and report them to the office (Freshman and Sophomore are not allowed off campus lunch). A few other teachers that are psycho like that go to other nearby restaurants and stores to wait on underclassmen to catch (underclassmen have gray on their IDs upperclassmen have yellow IDs).

yeah... Noo the only redeeming factor is having upperclassman friends that go off campus and get your food and you can pay them back. That's what I do occasionally. What do you guys think? sorry for the immense cursing in my post. I was raging a bit. Also my post seems a bit unorganized so my apologies.

2cents
01-16-2010 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Sociopath
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Re: Choices and on campus suspension (OCS) and other stupid crap

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG POST

So, Choices = juvie, I don't understand?

Also, a girl stole your phone, it's not grounds for expulsion/suspension, get over it.

So, damnnn, sounds terrible.

I'm SO FUCKING GLAD TEXAS MAKES OUR SCHOOL TEXTBOOKS. Head, meet crowbar.

They seriously give you bathroom passes? I mean, not lettting you go EVERYDAY sounds smart, but only letting you go twice per week? That's like saying your job (Which school is meant to prepare you for) will give you bathroom passes. WOW some of these teachers should not have the jobs they have, they're making more problems than solving by being so strict.

Honestly, another school to go to for the 'unlawful'? Why? God, school cause so many problems.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
01-16-2010 11:05 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

Thanks for taking the time to make that excellent post.

If any of your friends are Special Ed. and get those kinds of punishments tell them to see if they can get their moms to come up and say they're concerned about whether or not their child is not in the 'Least Restrictive Environment' possible.

http://specialchildren.about.com/od/spe ... /g/LRE.htm

Quote:if you don't have an ID. They flip out completely and scream and yell

I hate when my colleagues act like that.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
01-16-2010 11:27 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Damn. Sucks much more ass than here... I feel sorry for you.

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-16-2010 04:45 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Here's something to do: Write down anything they do to you, or others - all of the unfair crap, and sometimes illegal that happens at school, the exact date and what really happened. With enough of this, and other students' agreement in one year you'd have enough material for a proper lawsuit, which would hopefully force the school to put on a pretty face, and what follows - loosen the restrictions. If not, goodbye sadistic teachers license.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
01-16-2010 06:06 PM
 Thanks given by: Sociopath
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

Quote:goodbye sadistic teachers license.

Yep. And then it's hello chaotic dump of a school that drives everyone crazy again. I support what you're saying, I'm just making the point that it's always going to be in a cycle of stupidity as long as 1) people are being forced to be there aginst their will and 2) disruptive and uncooperative students are intentionally boxed up there making everyone miserable and the classes unteachable. Solution? Don't force students there aginst their will and expulsion for those who come anyway and act like asses.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
01-16-2010 09:06 PM
laichi Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Loxor Wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG POST
so.
Loxor Wrote:Also, a girl stole your phone, it's not grounds for expulsion/suspension, get over it.
Yeah it is. I don't know if I put it in the first post but, she also assaulted me. That is some good grounds to get your butt put out. Also not just that but all the other offenses that she is already charged with.

Ceiling Cat Wrote:Here's something to do: Write down anything they do to you, or others - all of the unfair crap, and sometimes illegal that happens at school, the exact date and what really happened. With enough of this, and other students' agreement in one year you'd have enough material for a proper lawsuit, which would hopefully force the school to put on a pretty face, and what follows - loosen the restrictions. If not, goodbye sadistic teachers license.
I have gotten out of many false accusations by using documentation at school. It's sad that is has to come to that but you gotta cover your ass these days.
01-17-2010 10:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Schools That Snoop Around Kid's Business Off-Campus ColossalBlocks 2 2,647 02-07-2017 02:35 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni stevehein 9 4,498 06-07-2015 05:27 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Something my councellor said and my career choices. Dirtbikemike 4 2,834 01-30-2012 03:19 PM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  Suspension for Sexual Harrasment? Krieg 6 3,252 11-11-2011 06:43 AM
Last Post: AWOL
  In School Suspension Dilema TheOmegaJuggalo 5 3,151 05-19-2011 07:35 AM
Last Post: TheOmegaJuggalo
  I was put in In school suspension for the worst reason. Seriousbisnis 14 5,019 02-08-2009 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jen
  Open campus or closed? OmegaWolf747 16 5,408 10-24-2007 10:57 AM
Last Post: OmegaWolf747
  Suspension/Expulsion payback123 7 3,026 09-15-2007 11:41 AM
Last Post: WildFire