RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get off SS and get to the streets
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
Re: Get off SS and get to the streets

Rebelnerd Wrote:Are you kidding me? This is the post-Columbine world you're talking about here. Schools are another theater of the war on terror/drugs. Principals are known to surf through their students' facebook pages looking for pictures of themselves with drugs or criticisms of the school; do you really think that a group of teens, half of which probably fit the terrorist profile beautifully, who talk about revolution and radical politics isn't being monitored? If I was them, I'd definitely keep an eye on a site like this.

Oh we are, trust me. Hiding

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
02-06-2010 06:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kirby Offline
Revolutionary

Given 16 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

It's called voting with your feet. If you have kids, get them out of school. If you are a kid, get out of school. Showing that government schools are not necessary for education is the only thing that will convince the majority of people.

I've never let my school interfere with my education.
02-10-2010 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Kirby Wrote:It's called voting with your feet. If you have kids, get them out of school. If you are a kid, get out of school. Showing that government schools are not necessary for education is the only thing that will convince the majority of people.

This.

There's unschooling camps (not boot camps) that also need more attention.
02-11-2010 12:08 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

AWOL, we used to be friends and you're acting like a complete dickhead... again.

AWOL Wrote:
Swift Wrote:
Electro Gypsy Wrote:I lol'd.

Expected.

Have fun trying to change society full of people you hate, you little emo.

Not trying to change it, actually. It's way too funny for me to do that.

Seriously. Stop thinking you're the only important person in the fucking world, and if you don't agree, either state your views maturely or get the fuck out of the thread. I'm not going to tell you you're not welcome here, but posting shit like that is going to do nothing - NOTHING - but cause flamewars and you've been posting little else lately.

I freely admit that I do very little to change my school; I do try to change it from the inside, though. I write letters, I'm on the student council (or was until they quietly stopped inviting me to meetings), and I spread the word when I can. But I know that it will become easier once I'm OUT OF THERE, so I want to see what I can do then. I am not responsible for the entirety of UK schoolchildren, and I am not a hero.

Actually, a lot of people on here need to realise that; we are not heroes, and unless EVERYONE - not just OUR community, but AT LEAST 60% OF CITZENS IN THE US AND THE UK, makes a change, this forum is useless.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
03-17-2010 11:14 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Hanny Wrote:AWOL, we used to be friends and you're acting like a complete dickhead... again.

Quote Trifecter Wrote:...

Wall of Text, not meant to be insulting, just too large to reasonably post.

I am stating my opinions maturely. Well, as maturely as I can, as I view the whole world as mine for the taking. Which isn't that bad a view on life considering that hormones are the only thing ever that make anything worthwhile.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
03-17-2010 11:28 PM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Bullshit. Sorry, but that's bullshit... I don't see where you've posted ANY view in this topic, really. You've just done a lot of trolling.

Also if you think hormones are the only good thing in life... you have a lot of growing up to do.

As for the world being 'yours for the taking', do what the fuck you want with your life. But don't be so selfish as to disregard others in the process, because that'll come back to fuck you in the ass.

<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.

Penisometer
03-18-2010 12:00 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Hanny Wrote:Bullshit. Sorry, but that's bullshit... I don't see where you've posted ANY view in this topic, really. You've just done a lot of trolling.

I expressed anti-feminism, but I doubt that's the point. Other topics have expressed my views clearly enough. I've made three posts in this thread, maybe four.
Hanny Wrote:Also if you think hormones are the only good thing in life... you have a lot of growing up to do.

I'm taking this to the objective level, where hormones quite literally are the only good thing in life. You know, the things that make you feel pleasure.
Hanny Wrote:As for the world being 'yours for the taking', do what the fuck you want with your life. But don't be so selfish as to disregard others in the process, because that'll come back to fuck you in the ass.

Depends how you do it, actually.

03-18-2010 12:30 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Hanny Wrote:makes a change, this forum is useless.

I would disagree with that. We can help people who are suffering through school. Hell, I only have two proper IRL friends, and you guys have been an ideal source of murder victims a breath of fresh air compared to the retardation at my school.

I would try to help fix things at my place, but it seems like everything is made from the ground up to be a pain in the arse. The Student Council is made up of either A: Chavs who one through a popularity contest or B: Random people who got selected randomly at random. Plus, at the School Council you are only meant to discuss certain subjects. These subjects are selected by SUPREME PRESDIENT HEAD TEACHER.

There's a text number that the school says we can text in suggestions to, however I highly doubt they actually read any of the shit we send, whether srs or not. These are virtually the only two ways to have a say about how our school is run.
03-18-2010 02:03 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

XplodingNoggin Wrote:
Hanny Wrote:makes a change, this forum is useless.

I would disagree with that. We can help people who are suffering through school. Hell, I only have two proper IRL friends, and you guys have been an ideal source of murder victims a breath of fresh air compared to the retardation at my school.

I would try to help fix things at my place, but it seems like everything is made from the ground up to be a pain in the arse. The Student Council is made up of either A: Chavs who one through a popularity contest or B: Random people who got selected randomly at random. Plus, at the School Council you are only meant to discuss certain subjects. These subjects are selected by SUPREME PRESDIENT HEAD TEACHER.

There's a text number that the school says we can text in suggestions to, however I highly doubt they actually read any of the shit we send, whether srs or not. These are virtually the only two ways to have a say about how our school is run.

I agree with Noggin. Sorry Han, but this forum IS helpful, at least to quite a few people here. Do you know how bad school was for me before I joined? I was a fucking sadfaced dork one hundred percent of the time. Even BEFORE I officially joined this site helped, it gave me some hope. So technically I knew you people before you knew me. :>_>:

My school has nothing, the teacher's control everything, the student council puts together the decorations for the dances and makes the theme...that is it, that's all.

I've tried a couple times to get people to look at things the way they are, but the teacher's didn't want me on the council, the guys in my class who listen to my views think I'm just playing leader and never do anything even if I suggest something. Last year I tried stuff, I put my thoughts out into the open and guess what. Nothing happened.

But that's not to say something couldn't happen, you just have to have luck and determination.

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
03-18-2010 05:28 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Offtopic.

Hidden stuff:
For some reason I doubt anything serious will get done by joining student counsel. At least in my school. All they do is make decisions about things the admins don't take seriously.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-18-2010 05:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Maybe I phrased this badly... when it comes to arranging CHANGE, this forum is useless, because so many of the members are so angry. It's wits over fists here, guys. When it comes to RELIEF from school, however, this site is AWESOME.

Penisometer
03-18-2010 08:48 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Kirby Wrote:Showing that government schools are not necessary for education is the only thing that will convince the majority of people.
No, it won't.
The only way people will take you seriously is if you finish high school. It doesn't matter how intelligent you are without school; people still won't take you seriously and they won't let you succeed.
If the majority refuses to see you as nothing but a stupid, sub-human pile of shit, does it really matter that you're not?
03-18-2010 08:57 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

BobManPerson Wrote:
Kirby Wrote:Showing that government schools are not necessary for education is the only thing that will convince the majority of people.
No, it won't.
The only way people will take you seriously is if you finish high school. It doesn't matter how intelligent you are without school; people still won't take you seriously and they won't let you succeed.
If the majority refuses to see you as nothing but a stupid, sub-human pile of shit, does it really matter that you're not?

Isn't that (more or less) one of the points of Brave New World?

03-18-2010 02:59 PM