RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torture.
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Torture.

This is a fictional murder scene I wrote. Suspicious

Hidden stuff:
I was walking in the middle of the street with my friend. It was somewhere around midnight, so the street was deserted. My friend, she forgot something at her house. Her house was only 2 streets away. She discretely shoved something into my hand and ran off. I knew what it was. It was a switch blade, just in case something ever happened. I, just as unnoticably, pocketed the knife. I watched her round the corner.

I felt a pair of hands grab me. One covered my mouth, while the person's other arm wrapped around my throat. My attacker leaned forward and whispered in my ear. He told me how he knew everyone thought he was gone. And just how wrong they were. I knew that voice. He'd hurt me countless times in the past. And now he was back again for me.

His grip tightened around my throat. I started to cry. I thought I was going to die. I was running out of breath very quickly. And, unexpectedly, he let go of me. I fell on my knees, crying, gasping for breath. He laughed. He told me how foolish I was to think he'd try to kill me. After all he went through to get me in the first place, that was the last thing on his mind. I finally caught my breath and went on silently crying.

He started to tell me things. All the truths about me, I didn't want to hear. The things I've been denying. He told me how I mess everything up. He reminded me of what a failure I really am. I didn't want to hear anymore. I couldn't hear anymore. So, I covered my ears and started yelling at him to shut up. But, he kept on teling me what I know, but didn't want to hear.

He got tired of my constant screaming. He kicked me hard in the stomach and told me to shut up. I did what he said, out o fear of getting hurt again. He walked over to the side of the street I was facing.

He told me how much he loved me. And how he didn't want to hurt me. And if I went with him, I wouldn't be hurt anymore. He held out his hand. We sat there silently for a few moments. I stopped crying and slowly got up. I walked over to him. He smiled and asked me if I was agreeing. I nodded my head slowly, not wanting to speak. He started kissing my neck. And that was his mistake.

I pulled the switch blade, I had hidden until now. I thrust the blade into his exposed neck. He pulled back from me and started to gag. He started to cough blood. It was oozing out his mouth. He stared at me startled. He thought I didn't have the guts to do this. I watched as he crumpled onto the cement. He seemed to have a smirk on his face. It would be frozen ther forever. My lips twitched into a smile. He could never hurt me again.

I didn't know how long I stood there, staring at the dead body. But, eventually my friend came back. Bringing her boyfriend back with her. I wanted to explain what happened. But, I was renderred speachless. My friend nodded, understanding. She knew what he had done to me before. She told me to go home. That her and her boyfriend would clean up the mess I had left, and hide the corpse. I nodded and ran off. I reached home, snuck back into my house. I sat on my bed, curled into a ball in the corner and cried.

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
02-01-2010 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Re: Torture.

Typos!

Also, he died rather quickly from that.

O.o

People who are beheaded can take 45 seconds to die.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
02-01-2010 06:37 AM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Sorry about the typos. Dyslexia flare up. And well, in my head it took like 7 minutes. It just didn't seem that long when reading it.

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
02-01-2010 06:45 AM
jose Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

that was awesome. Biggrin

democracy died when compulsory schooling was born.

[Image: ubd5511.png]
02-01-2010 11:07 AM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Mhm..............-shifts uncomfortably-

02-01-2010 11:21 AM
scientistB Offline
Revolutionary

Given 25 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Epic.

Educational Freedom Organization
My Website (old stories that'll make your eyes bleed)
My Steam
11-05-2010 12:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Good piece.

I enjoyed the details and how you tried to make sure the reader had a good idea of what was going on.

Just wanted to ask, do you have a rape fetish? Cheers.
11-05-2010 03:11 PM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Linki Wrote:Just wanted to ask, do you have a rape fetish?
Naw XD Laugh

BobManPerson Wrote:I stopped at the word "walkin."

Like I said, I was having a dyslexia flare-up that day. I apologize. I'll fix it Smile

11-06-2010 10:40 PM