RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Bones
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
City of Bones

Go read it. Nao. It's awesome... but I'm sort of sad, it looks like another "the good guy gets ignored by the girl because she's dense and meets a hawt guy (even if he's awesome... I sort of think he's an asshole, since he (Jace) ruined his (Simon's) big confession because he thought it was lulzy. I can just imagine Simon going " Jawdrop ...FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuu-")

I'm making this sound like a stupid romance, but it isn't, I was cracking up through most of the book so far. I thought "HOLY SHIT THIS IS ORGASMIC" by the first page". The lulzy confession scene was a page and a half out of the 65 that I've read so far.

Sorry... I needed to fangirl. Giggle

Oh... summary.
Quote:When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth od demons-- and keeping the odd vampires and werewolves (I'll tell you if the vampire/werewolf thing is yay or nay in the series when I get to it). It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within 24 hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Quite.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
02-02-2010 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Re: City of Bones

Reeks of Twilight and there's something disturbing about this book, but then again I'm paranoid already.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
02-02-2010 02:58 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Nothing like Twilight. It's what I thought at first too, but I like it. It's different, the summary on the back just sucks infinite ass.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
02-02-2010 02:59 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

You still know I'm able to even burn a book if it contains yet another relationshit propaganda.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
02-02-2010 03:04 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Crap, I'm scared. I looked on Amazon, it has some pretty bad reviews. But it started out so good...
I'll be pissed if it lets me down. Damn it.

Faith o' Meter
02-02-2010 03:05 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

I have a BAD feeling about this.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
02-02-2010 03:05 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Well, the average was four stars... but, then again, so was Twilight... but then again, it's not one of those books that are known to the masses right now... I don't know. I'll look into it myself.

Damn it, what a buzzkill.

Faith o' Meter
02-02-2010 03:10 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

I might read it.

After my Book of Useless Information that I'm reading.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
02-03-2010 12:09 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I'll tell you if it's worth it soon. This is my usual cycle, blind praise until I finish the book, then I reflect on it and go "lolwut."

I did it with Twilight, let's hope this one is different. Uhoh It's scary that there's apparently going to be a movie.

Faith o' Meter
02-03-2010 07:29 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Hope dropped to zero.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
02-03-2010 08:04 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

HAH.

This will be interesting.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
02-03-2010 09:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I'm watching The Lovely Bones AWOL 6 2,182 12-09-2010 03:17 AM
Last Post: SaintVicious
  The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold AWOL 4 1,399 01-15-2010 01:10 PM
Last Post: AWOL