RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
expulsion for marijuana is ridiculous
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)
expulsion for marijuana is ridiculous

Kids terrorize other kids and teachers for years on end but an otherwise never-been-in-trouble kid gets caught with some marijuana and he or she is OUT! That's ridiculous. I'm not saying it's ok for minors to smoke pot but to consider it worse than inflicting violence on others is just unbelievable to me. And then the kid ends up in some nut-house reform school, like that's going to do anyone any good.

arrgh

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
02-05-2010 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: explusion for marijuana is ridiculous

Marijuana should be legalised.

'nuff said.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
02-05-2010 10:06 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

The War on Drugs is basically a war on students. All the anti-drug nutcases jumped on the post-Columbine security bandwagon and used the paranoia to turn school discipline into a police state. Just say the magic words "drug problem" and schools can get away with just about anything. Not to mention that the drug war is basically the entire reason why the boot camps make enough money to stay in business.
Nothing, I mean NOTHING, good has come out of the WoD.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
02-05-2010 10:23 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I don't understand.
Schools expel for usage of mild-effective, relatively safe THC, but they force many parents to buy and feed their children nearly deadly doses of psychotropic stuff.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
02-05-2010 10:37 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Yes, but those drugs are good for you. They help you learn. It's different.

Somehow.

Just trust us.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
02-05-2010 12:16 PM
Kittty Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:Nothing, I mean NOTHING, good has come out of the WoD.

About 38 years, $500 billion, and so many ruined lives later, all it's done is reduce the use of quaaludes. If that (since I can't really remember where I read that).

I remember, the last year I was in regular high school, the two VPs bringing a huge crowd of kids back into the school after hours, having caught them smoking up off school property. I didn't see any of them for a while after that. Seriously, the two VPs went looking to find them just so they could penalise the students. I'm not sure about the guy VP, since I never dealt with him, but the woman one got off on that. She loved punishing students. I can't stand her.

insert signature here
02-05-2010 03:22 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Fire Elf Wrote:Marijuana should be legalised.

'nuff said.
I think so, too, but it would come with both potential pros and cons. It can go either way, really.

Pros: Government could make an industry out of it and use the money to help restore our economy.
Cons: Government would likely tax the hell out of marijuana and make it ridiculously expensive, thus draining our pockets that much quicker.

Still, it would prevent issues such as the topic post. Which reminds me...

TheCancer Wrote:Kids terrorize other kids and teachers for years on end but an otherwise never-been-in-trouble kid gets caught with some marijuana and he or she is OUT! That's ridiculous. I'm not saying it's ok for minors to smoke pot but to consider it worse than inflicting violence on others is just unbelievable to me. And then the kid ends up in some nut-house reform school, like that's going to do anyone any good.

arrgh
There's really no better way to put it than this: The people who think marijuana >>> violence are idiots and need to be hit in the shin with a ball bat, because as we all should know as common sense, marijuana <<< violence.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
02-05-2010 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

You children don't know what's good for you. Pot is one of the things that can and will destroy your life, along with cigarettes and alcohol. Did you know that 90% of all smokers develop lung cancer within a year of smoking? Stay in school, and you will never have any problems, seeing how you'll be in a safe, controlled environment.

/sarcasm

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
02-06-2010 12:38 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

If you do something simply like Pot you're going to die from using something worse!

Just like using ritalin!

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
02-06-2010 12:45 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Stupid and unnecessary. That's what it is. We had a "code blue" in school a few days ago, we weren't allowed to leave the classroom under any circumstance and weren't told what the shit was going on. We still don't know for sure, but the teacher said something along the lines of "checking student lockers." Most likely for drugs.

What's even stupider, someone I know is on the verge of expulsion for missing too many days of school. lolwut? "ur missed 2 many daze of skewl, so u cant come back bcuz of it."

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
02-06-2010 07:43 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Here we're threatened to be expelled for missing as much as 30 hours per a semester.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
02-06-2010 07:51 AM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Hate to agree with the school but I do.

Marijuana is a controlled substance (feel free to argue it shouldn't be) in the eyes of the law it is a class B and is punishiable by up to 5years so I do kind of agree with school here.

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
02-06-2010 09:32 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Spot, RTFT.
Marijuana can put you to jail, while a bunch of psychiatrists and school officials can put you on metamphetamines, benzodiazepines and whatnot, make your parents pay for it, make you addicted, besides the fact it's a whole lot more damaging?

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
02-06-2010 09:54 PM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Whether marijuana should be illegal or not isn't the debate. It is illegal so shouldn't be allowed on school premises.

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
02-07-2010 12:06 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Spot-ify Wrote:Whether marijuana should be illegal or not isn't the debate. It is illegal so shouldn't be allowed on school premises.

Why do you feel so strongly that the legal system and the education system need to be so closely aligned?

Captain Beefheart
02-07-2010 12:33 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Re: expulsion for marijuana is ridiculous

I see a sheepie~! baaaaaah

So you say that it's right because it's the way it is.
If your beloved law says someday that you're unable to do something you always did, would you suddenly agree with them as well?

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
02-07-2010 11:55 AM
nostaw Offline
Renegade

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Ceiling Cat Wrote:So you say that it's right because it's the way it is.

Anyone who believes in that philosophy needs to be kindly redirected to another site.

[Image: the_end_is_not_for_a_while.png]

Independence limited,
Freedom of choices made for you my friend,
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend,
Freedom... with their exception.
02-07-2010 01:09 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Spot-ify Wrote:Whether marijuana should be illegal or not isn't the debate. It is illegal so shouldn't be allowed on school premises.
I can kinda see where you're coming from here. One of the reasons why school sucks so much is that they are somehow able to get away with having a completely different legal system with their own made-up rules. Helps them avoid the inconvenience of things like "rights of the accused" and "trial by jury." Forcing schools to abide by the national legal system would be a step forward in student rights, but we'd have to take the good with the bad. Marijuana should be legal, but if we let it be legal in schools and illegal outside, we're still enforcing the idea that schools are above the law.

02-07-2010 01:39 PM
Coma Girl Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

im glad you've pointed this out.

"People often compete to be considered right rather than collaborating to find the real answer."-Will.

[Image: %210kickme.jpg]
02-07-2010 06:03 PM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

TheCancer Wrote:

Why do you feel so strongly that the legal system and the education system need to be so closely aligned?
Not aligned, but they need to adhere to the law. A workplace woulden't let you have marijuana, they would most likely sack you.

Ceiling Cat Wrote:So you say that it's right because it's the way it is.
If your beloved law says someday that you're unable to do something you always did, would you suddenly agree with them as well?
Of couse i'd still do it, but not at school.

I agree with the school here, if it is illegal do not bring it in or face been excluded.

02-07-2010 11:47 PM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Not aligned, but they need to adhere to the law. A workplace woulden't let you have marijuana, they would most likely sack you.

Depends on your job.

But if you want to make school even less fun and even more uptight keep advocating that schools model themselves after the typical workplace.

Good post Rebelnerd. What it really boils down to is schools shouldn't be able to confine people against their will. Compulsory education is unethical. On the other hand, in my opinion, schools shouldn't be forced to babysit obnoxious idiots either.

Captain Beefheart
02-08-2010 03:26 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Pot just needs to be legalized /end of story.
Not only dose hemp have a huge array of uses the government could tax it and make money (I hate the thought of a tax but it would be a pro to the government) it would also keep a shit load of people out of jail and save hundreds of adolescent lives from being trashed because they were being kids and wanted to have some harmless fun.

The war on drugs is a waste of money. It cannot be won. May as well dump the harmless drug and go after the real killers like meth and heroin.
02-08-2010 07:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

My view on pot is it should be legal, but yeah it would never be. Not in the UK anyway.

02-08-2010 08:43 AM
paulhudd Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

In my opinion who cares.Why the war on drugs.Even if these drugs do ruin alot of lives the government should have no concern.

When they call the police force because they think someone has drugs.Its stupid.I dont see why they care so much about this stuff.If someone is ruining their life as they say,that person needs to find it out on his own.

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself.
02-08-2010 04:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ridiculous requirements to graduate? Mo the jo 14 4,771 10-09-2014 01:22 PM
Last Post: Mo the jo
  Some ridiculous pro-school propaganda ad TreyLina 54 13,099 02-10-2014 02:40 PM
Last Post: Trar
  Fucking Ridiculous. Marauder 8 4,507 08-03-2013 02:35 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  ridiculous. avrillavigne12251 9 3,680 02-12-2012 11:56 PM
Last Post: Wingless
  Threatened with Expulsion Sapphire Flames 16 6,853 01-22-2012 03:30 PM
Last Post: M3116
  Given a detention for the most ridiculous reason... phoneyjunta 14 3,816 01-14-2011 04:46 PM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  Schoolmates facing possible expulsion Faby 4 2,328 10-16-2010 04:56 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  I got a ridiculous debator after trying to get an debate. Reptorian 1 1,592 02-01-2010 12:10 PM
Last Post: aerftghyjk
  Expulsion AWOL 12 2,646 05-03-2009 10:24 AM
Last Post: monkey
  ridiculous! Samantha 4 2,241 02-10-2009 05:29 PM
Last Post: AWOL