RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And then I word-vomited everywhere.
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
And then I word-vomited everywhere.

Hello fellow forumites. My name is Emily and I am absolutely up to my neck in things I should not have to do. I take three honours classes and an AP class in my junior year of high school - and I am dying. I happened to be sitting on my ass last night, procrastinating on homework and typing useless phrases into Google as is the usual late night crusade, when I stumbled across this site in a mindless flurry of bashing things regarding my deep hatred for school onto the keyboard. And now I'm here, and I have never been more satisfied by a forum in my life. Thank god for you people, seriously.

I'm a bit prone to rambling, sarcasm, and witty commentary, though I can curb myself when necessary. I frequent another forum where the main priority is snark, and it is fantastic. I also have a blog/LJ, full of semi-interesting blather and whimsical fuckery.

Speaking of semi-interesting blather, have some facts:

- I am a Caucasian, 16 year old girl who lives in Massachusetts, USA, in a tiny town that no one has heard of.
- I am a casual curser, but I don't abuse the privelage. Much.
- My music collection is a mix of American indie and Japanese and Korean pop/techno/trance. Yeah, I don't get it either. (inb4 "You's a Wapanese")
- I game frequently, but I'm not considered "hardcore" because I really don't enjoy first-person shooters, especially any war-related (which is basically all of them?). I don't have the testosterone to mercilessly beat the crap out of people with bullets and/or my fists. Lo siento.
- My alter ego is Maggie Strange, alluded to by my username here and a few other places. She's a fictional character who is the antithesis of a Mary Sue, and I love it. Redhead, a plane stewardess, and is phobic of just about everything imaginable. Including heights.
- I am a huge grammar Nazi, and to top it off, I'm about 75% German in descent.
- My hobbies are mostly creative writing, filming, and gaming. And slapping my nearly sentient and consequently stubborn computer across the face because it needs to go die in a hole. I am but a simple person.

I have run out of words to projectile vomit at you. If you have any odd questions about me, don't hesitate to ask.

[Image: 351e0yp.jpg]
02-09-2010 07:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Re: And then I word-vomited everywhere.

Awkward zombie eh?

That one comic was amazing.

Welcome, don't worry about swearing or flaunting your rants all over the place.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
02-09-2010 08:00 AM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

Awkward Zombie indeed! One of my favourite webcomics. I was actually admiring your avatar from afar when I first started lurking here, all of a day ago.

Oh, I don't think you have to worry about me holding back in my ranting.

02-09-2010 08:05 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Willkomen! Guten tag
02-09-2010 08:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Quote:- I game frequently, but I'm not considered "hardcore" because I really don't enjoy first-person shooters, especially any war-related (which is basically all of them?). I don't have the testosterone to mercilessly beat the crap out of people with bullets and/or my fists. Lo siento.

Heh, the most hardcore game I play these days is Bubble spinner 2.

The only shooter game I really like are the Time Crisis series.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
02-09-2010 08:09 AM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

thought criminal Wrote:Willkomen! Guten tag
Danke. I really don't know anything else besides that. xD I am a fail German.
Loxor Wrote:The only shooter game I really like are the Time Crisis series.
Dude, I fucking love Time Crisis. Those are the only shooter games I play as well.

02-09-2010 08:16 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Did you pass our citizenship test yet?
02-09-2010 02:00 PM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

Regarding straitjackets? Sadly no, I have yet to be admitted.

If you mean being German in America, I was born here. Razz

02-09-2010 02:11 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I think I like you. I liked Mass Effect, which is weird, seeing as how I've never really been the sci-fi type. They all seem the same to me.

Anyway, welcome to SS, say no to therapy and all that.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
02-09-2010 02:26 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

A stewardess afraid of heights...

You're going to be loved here.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
02-09-2010 04:04 PM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

CrayolaColours Wrote:I think I like you. I liked Mass Effect, which is weird, seeing as how I've never really been the sci-fi type. They all seem the same to me.

Anyway, welcome to SS, say no to therapy and all that.
I've always been a bit of a sci-fi fan at heart, but I'm not crazy into it. And thankfully, I haven't gotten to the point where my parents are forcing me into therapy. Not yet, anyhow.

Ceiling Cat Wrote:A stewardess afraid of heights...

You're going to be loved here.
I'm glad my dumb ideas will offer some amusement. Biggrin

02-10-2010 07:01 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Quote:- who lives in Massachusetts, USA

MA? You don't say , I just happened to be born there, so hello fellow New Englander. Welcome to SS

[Image: 200px-Anfem2.svg.png] [Image: Anarcho-Syndicalism-Anarchist-communism.jpg]
"Government is as unreal, as intangible, as unapproachable as God. Try it, if you don't believe it. Seek through the legislative halls of America and find, if you can, the Government. In the end you will be doomed to confer with the agent, as before. "-Voltairine De Cleyre
02-10-2010 08:08 AM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

Oh, bitchin'. Giggle I live in Southern Mass, whereabouts are you located? *creepy stalker*

I was actually born in Ohio, but it's far too uptight Christian conservative there for my family. Kind of drove us insane, so we moved here.

02-10-2010 08:17 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

I was born in Southwestern Mass. Unfortunately I moved to Georgia for my 2nd half of 8th grade and all of high school. I have ambitions to move out after graduation or after college. To be honest, I'd rather not spend another 2 years where I am now. My fiance and I hate it. She was born in FLA but her parents are native Georgians and she has lived here for most of her life and wants to go with me back to MA.

[Image: 200px-Anfem2.svg.png] [Image: Anarcho-Syndicalism-Anarchist-communism.jpg]
"Government is as unreal, as intangible, as unapproachable as God. Try it, if you don't believe it. Seek through the legislative halls of America and find, if you can, the Government. In the end you will be doomed to confer with the agent, as before. "-Voltairine De Cleyre
02-10-2010 08:39 AM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

Eugh, I can't imagine going to live in Georgia. I can see why you want to come back. That's sweet that the both of you have plans to move here together, though. Biggrin

02-10-2010 08:43 AM
cp Offline
~crazy~

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Welcome welcome welcome! Have a great stay here. Smile

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein
[Image: new.gif]
02-10-2010 09:28 AM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

Thanks very much! I'm more than comfortable here already.

02-10-2010 09:45 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

What's wrong with Georgia? (I don't know anything about this country) None

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
02-10-2010 09:48 AM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

I've always just pictured Georgia as barren and boring. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I have of it.

02-10-2010 09:53 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Yea, I'm not sure whioch state this is, but I remember seeing this pretty picture and thinking "Georgia". No idea. Shrug

Faith o' Meter
02-10-2010 09:55 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

It's horrible, trust me. Summers are desert hot and unbearably humid. it gets so cold and mother nature doesn't bother to dump any snow. I love cold, and I love snow, but cold without snow sucks. Tornado warnings, and it rains all the damn time. It doesn't take much snow to close school, but it never snows for crap down here. Also people here are insufferably rude to anyone born above the Potomac. full of stereotypical rednecks, full of bible thumping Southern Baptists. My fiance's parents are as religious as you can get. They actually tried to God bribe me into going to church events. Her mom actually gave me a bible.

02-10-2010 10:51 AM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

Aha, so I was right in my unapologetic view of the place. Probably one of the things I hate most is cold without benefits, but then I just hate cold in general.

People who force beliefs are horrid; my grandparents and my mom were like that for a while, always trying to bring me to church to get a proper edumacation about Jesus, but I hated the damn place. Their plan ultimately failed.

02-10-2010 11:04 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Yeah, They can't stand the fact I don't believe in their god. My fiance and I usually live by the ancient Chinese principles of Taoism.

02-10-2010 11:31 AM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

That's so cool. If I personally ever were to get into a religion, I think it would Buddhism. True, I'm more atheist than agnostic, but you never know this early in the game, and I do believe in reincarnation.

02-10-2010 12:30 PM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Me too, I eventually want to move with my fiance to Sweden, as I'm part Swedish.

02-10-2010 01:18 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I have a Buddhist friend. But if I had to pick, I'd probably be Wiccan. (I have a Wiccan friend too.)

Faith o' Meter
02-10-2010 01:51 PM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Naming ones alter ego, there's a thought. Personally I couldn't do such a thing....and technically the person whom you want to be is essentially the person who you are at this moment. Or I could be entirely wrong, I am usually more entirely wrong than entirely right. A shame really, my alter ego would be perfectly charming...

Forgive me. I'm babbling. Welcome to the forum mademoiselle; I think you will find that not a single person here knows what they are talking about. And nothing is so firmly believed as that which we do not know.

Bon Chance.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
02-10-2010 01:54 PM
MaggieStrange Offline
Renegade

Chibi Moon Beam Wrote:I eventually want to move with my fiance to Sweden, as I'm part Swedish.
That sounds wonderful. Biggrin

CrayolaColours Wrote:I have a Buddhist friend. But if I had to pick, I'd probably be Wiccan. (I have a Wiccan friend too.)
I tried out the Wiccan religion for a while, but I couldn't get into it. I can't connect to the supernatural very well, sorry to say. My sister was Wiccan for a while as well, but I think she's currently Pagan. She's much more... supernaturally inclined, you might say, than I am.

Vatman Wrote:Naming ones alter ego, there's a thought. Personally I couldn't do such a thing....and technically the person whom you want to be is essentially the person who you are at this moment. Or I could be entirely wrong, I am usually more entirely wrong than entirely right. A shame really, my alter ego would be perfectly charming...
Ha, close but no cigar. I'd prefer not to be phobic of everything, actually, so I don't quite think I want to be her. I love her quirks, but I don't think I could live with them. I'm currently writing as her in my creative writing class, though, (it's a "pen pals" type assignment), and it's great fun. In truth, I make up fictional characters all of the time, but she stuck with me. I don't really know why, there's just something about her that I find oddly amusing.

Thank you for your kind welcome. Giggle

02-11-2010 04:51 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Oh look, a new crazy person! Welcome. Please leave your sanity on the pile by the door... oh, it seems you already did that. Good. Just don't trip over it now...

I like your word-vomit. It smells peachy. What was the last thing you ate?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-11-2010 07:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

I would imagine peaches.

Making up people in your spare time? I think you'll fit right in.

Faith o' Meter
02-11-2010 07:42 AM