RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey, i'm new
SchoolTerrorist Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
hey, i'm new

anyone else ever feel like you want to kill your headteacher or blow your school up because i've been thinking of this a lot lately and i could do it.
06-30-2011 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)
Re: hey, i'm new

Not really.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
06-30-2011 04:35 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Welcome to SS, and no, I have never thought about killing anybody or blowing anything up (except these ant hills that pop up all over my yard, intrusive little bastards)

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
06-30-2011 04:38 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

this thread is legend

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
06-30-2011 04:54 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

What good would blowing your school up do you for? Or for the anti-school cause? All you'll do is harm innocent students. Find something more productive you could do instead.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
07-01-2011 03:41 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

sometimes

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
07-01-2011 03:44 AM
Pashupati Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I had fantasies of burning my old school at night, when there was nobody, and even made plans for it when I was in collège (french middle/junior high school). Also of fakely aggressing my teachers in front of everyone. Then of hurting them without "anyone" knowing, but sometimes with their family watching, or them watching their family getting hurt and psychologically tortured and then kill them.
Sometimes you just want it to stop. I know in these times it's hard to focus on something else, especially if you have hard time to eat or get sleep or are "just" really stressed. The emotions and bad thoughts just keep coming.
If I had to go back in time, I'd still try to focus on something else. I don't really know what to say.
My advice would be: try to get better sleep (hard when nasty or disturbing thoughts comes to you before, I know) if you need it, if you are overly stressed when coming out of school try punching into a punching-ball or throwing rice-bags, I've heard a person in a similar case saying yoga helped him and it'd help you focus on something else if you get interested in the philosophy behind it.
Then, when you are better, or maybe before as it can help some to get better, I'd say you could try socializing outside of school and your actual social circle. That's if you are not really sociable like I am, but want to get more. I'm talking of linking it to a hobby, like going to a chess club or being a benevole to some cause. And obviously, some forums are really good helping.
I know maybe my advices aren't that great as getting out of school helped me doing what I needed to get better. When I was into it, I used to write a diary; one day I ripped it because it made me uncomfortable and nauseous to read it back... but it really made me feel better on the moment.
Hopefully you can convince whoever has authority on you to get you out of school, since I think you're here to ask help for that too?
You say you could do it, but don't you think something else is possible?
07-01-2011 05:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SchoolTerrorist Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

i'm freaking out, i'm not sure whether to go ahead with it or not, i'd rather eat cheese than go to school and i'm highly allergic, i probably won't do it(not yet anyway)
07-02-2011 06:32 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

SchoolTerrorist Wrote:i'm freaking out, i'm not sure whether to go ahead with it or not, i'd rather eat cheese than go to school and i'm highly allergic, i probably won't do it(not yet anyway)
You're allergic to cheese?
My advice would be don't eat the cheese and go to school.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-02-2011 07:01 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Don't blow it up or burn it or whatever. Yeah, school is a crappy place, but if you're going to do something bold and outrageous, how about just refusing to go? At least that way nobody gets hurt.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
07-02-2011 07:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pashupati Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

That's it. Check out the alternatives, choose whichever you can use and want to, then after that, prepare your arguments. Then, don't go to school, just sit there and explain why to your parents or whoever has authority on you.
Tell them it's not about what you are wanted to do, but about what is good for you.
Do the talking the more calmly possible. If you aren't calm most of the time, don't be afraid of not being taken seriously because it's not how you behave most of the time, it's not a problem. The more calmly possible being the more calmly for you, that you are capable of talking. Don't feel bad if you can't speak that calmly.
Try a search here on "convincing parents" or something.
07-02-2011 08:52 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

If you're going to blow up your school, do it at night that way nobody gets hurt and then nobody has to go to school, at least not for a year or two until the school gets rebuilt. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll run out of funding. Plus it'll lay off the teachers.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
07-11-2011 01:10 PM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Inb4 Ayliana

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
07-11-2011 01:17 PM
happy fool called Nigel Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Does anyone else think this person is a troll?

If not, I suggest not doing it. The building isn't what kills you on the inside, it's the people and what they do to you. My advice: Run away and live a free life. You can do it!

I recommend reading Days Of War, Nights of Love. Or Evasion.

http://www.crimethinc.com/books/days.html

PM me if you want to talk about non-blowing up options in more depth, or if you just wanna talk.

They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drowned.

[Image: nigelsmex.jpg]
07-11-2011 01:20 PM
Thade_Chan Offline
Revolutionary

Given 13 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Sociopath Wrote:Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll run out of funding. Plus it'll lay off the teachers.
This would happen in my poor-ass town.

I'm back~
07-11-2011 11:28 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Yeah man. Just burning that shit down. But dropping out it easier.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
07-11-2011 11:43 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Haven't we all.
I remember a guy in school I knew made a burning screaming marshmellow joke to compare to burning the kids and teachers in school like the jews.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
07-12-2011 09:42 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

.Manicrose. Wrote:Inb4 Ayliana

:troll:
07-21-2011 10:19 AM