RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Nobody's holding you."
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
"Nobody's holding you."

That's what I heard from the bitch that hates dividing by zero. Then I understood how true that statement is. If the school won't let me do what I like, what's the point of living?
I just walked out. Ignored the whining principal, who's probably going to resort to his authority anyway.
I'm going to rely on common sense and conscience of my parents right now, if they don't want to help me but instead help the ones who want to enslave me - it's their problem. Spring is coming, and nothing holds me here - in that case, don't expect to see me too soon except maybe in person later. If the immature little sheep that feeds me will understand that I need to be protected from school rather than forced into it to be successful, maybe the bullshit will end. Otherwise, I hit the road and leave this sick, fucked up society far behind.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
03-16-2010 11:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra
FindTheLight Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: "Nobody's holding you."

Round of applause Biggrin

I think a few people could learn from you here, including me. I wish I had your confidence and I wish you good luck. Well done for doing what you did, SS FTW

[Image: 110.jpg]
03-17-2010 05:26 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

This is exactly what we need.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-17-2010 06:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

If you did that in a properly developed country, you'd have your ass kicked up the street by a truancy officer (or in the case of Australia, a regular police officer) and sent back to school.

Congratulations on showing the problems with modern society.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
03-17-2010 06:46 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Since I don't give a fuck, I'd probably end up beating up that 'officer'. By the way, I wouldn't call a hired authority bully an officer. Same with police, they're no better than gang thugs - maybe they're worse because people actually trust them. Until they abuse, anyway.
Imagine what my bitch of a mother was saying today... that I can't change a thing, I should conform, she spewed out the ageist bullshit she was denying for all this time. Looks like no person around is true, and it takes a serious shitstorm to get the truth out. What enrages me the most, is people who pretend to care for you but do that only for the dim hope of using you in the future. That's what stands behind anti-suicide anyway... Usefulness. So what, just because I'm not obedient and I act naturally, I should be the lowest in the social system? Over my dead body, morons. I've got nobody that would give a fuck, nor have anyone to worry about. Big fuck you to all the idiots who think that behaving normal, and being socially 'healthy' is to suck up to others even if you hate them. Even if everyone in the world was a worthless fucktard, people think that being nice to everyone shows your personality. Personality my ass. You won't show it by putting on a shitsmilemask and pretending everything is all right and good when you're raped in the ass with an octofucker potato cannon. And no, I'm not going to 'grow up' - you might have had a chance to tell me that before I was taught to read at 3. I know that growing too smart for the society, an improvement like this is frowned upon. Developing alone, the way I am - I went through the phase I see around myself when I was 10, or 11. So did everyone who can see something around - the numbers are still so scarce though that it's like living as an enslaved, endangered kind treated as pests for wanting to improve things. The system is truly a devil's machine, it teaches everyone not to change it so it stays in place. It's not meant to do anything, just to exist 'because' - and have obedient sheeple as a byproduct as well. Nobody can ever think for themselves, and those who think they 'grew up' don't realize they've been killed and broken down at one point or another. "Only a pig doesn't change their views" - another phrase overused by those who specialize in changing a person's thought. This is sickening, and making me want genocide more than ever, as no existence at all is much better than this abomination of a life.

Oh, and I'm not getting homeschooled. The answer why is "because", and this is not a joke. I heard exactly that. I also heard bullshit about giving me a lesson that "things aren't always the way I want them to be", regardless of the fact it IS possible.
Yes, I believe my mother is an evil, close minded bitch and deserves no respect - and in a sane society, would be regarded as a pathological parent who shouldn't have the right to raise children at all. No, I don't care for whatever has been done 'for me', it was all to manipulate me or when I forced things. I didn't ask for this life, I might as well say "fuck you" and give it back.

It's such a pity I have limited access to explosives and electronics. I'd bury alive the morons I'm forced to live with (No, I'd have no regrets because they all fail at life and treated me like an emotional punching bag my whole life).

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
03-17-2010 07:46 AM
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Sadhug

... Yeah, it'd be best for you to get away from those idiots as much as humanly possible... preferably without dying or ending up in prison, though. ...I'd miss you.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-22-2010 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
genuine anarchist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

So what's next? ;D

I'm glad you decided to take control of your life. School is generally a waste of time. However, you are going to hate me for telling you this: Get a high school diploma somehow. A GED. Or get homeschooled. Seriously, it may seem like a waste of time (it generally is, so yeah), but it will help you in this society. Society is fucked up, people are stupid, and creativity is discouraged, but trust me, if you are alone in your defiance, you will not get anywhere. You don't have to agree with the school system. But "graduate," somehow. It is possible to survive the system without being brainwashed. I know there are famous people who have done well without finishing secondary school, but be realistic, the odds are very low. Do the bare minimum the system requires, but don't let it destroy you.

Believe it or not, your mother is trying to help you live a good life. You don'thave to agree with her or her idea of a good life, but I wouldn't call her a "cold-hearted, close-minded bitch." How old are you anyway? I'm curious, not trying to be ageist or anything. I'm 17 and hate school. It wastes my time, but I don't want to leave on account that I'm almost done (one more fucking year). It wouldn't make sense to come this far and then quit, only to have society be an even bigger bitch to me. I know this site is founded upon defying the stereotype that high school diploma=accomplished, but if you are so close, don't let your time be wasted. I know it was already wasted, but you might as well finish now and then do what you want.
03-22-2010 11:44 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

The thing is, I have a job already (game level design) and school is just a chain on my leg that doesn't let me spend enough time to do my job right. So what if I could model this one city in a month, if the time I have for it is ridiculously small.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
03-22-2010 07:52 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:Society is fucked up, people are stupid, and creativity is discouraged, but trust me, if you are alone in your defiance, you will not get anywhere.
Er... define "anywhere". Everyone is already somewhere. All that matters is whether or not that's where they want or need to be.

I guess it didn't make sense for me to give up on college when I only had a few months left. Everything had already been paid for, so that was a huge waste, right? If I finished, I'd at least have the diploma... which would be absolutely worthless because I haven't even used the first year diploma for anything. Everyone who has paid me to do anything regarding websites has done so because someone recommended me to them. They didn't give two shits about my qualifications.

Trust yourself to make the right decision, don't get swayed by what anyone else says. And being alone in "defiance" or whatever doesn't mean anything other than it'll be harder because you're alone. That's pretty much it.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
03-23-2010 07:34 AM
genuine anarchist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:Society is fucked up, people are stupid, and creativity is discouraged, but trust me, if you are alone in your defiance, you will not get anywhere.
Er... define "anywhere". Everyone is already somewhere. All that matters is whether or not that's where they want or need to be.

I guess it didn't make sense for me to give up on college when I only had a few months left. Everything had already been paid for, so that was a huge waste, right? If I finished, I'd at least have the diploma... which would be absolutely worthless because I haven't even used the first year diploma for anything. Everyone who has paid me to do anything regarding websites has done so because someone recommended me to them. They didn't give two shits about my qualifications.

Trust yourself to make the right decision, don't get swayed by what anyone else says. And being alone in "defiance" or whatever doesn't mean anything other than it'll be harder because you're alone. That's pretty much it.

Good point; all that matters is what the person wants to do with his or her life.

It's great you're doing something you like and that you don't need a worthless certificate to make you feel some worth. I don't like the system, either. It just seems that I need to at least have some "qualifications" (not mine, their definition) just in case things don't work out.

It only takes one person to get others to join him or her. People tend to follow anyone. But being alone in a lot of "taboo" views tends to make things harder to achieve; also, it may discourage the person.

I'm curious, though. What can one do without a high school diploma? Of course there's the generic argument: You'll be flipping burgers, cleaning as a janitor, other menial jobs, etc. I want to travel, but I hate forced learning.
03-23-2010 08:32 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

To counter this argument - a burger flipper or a janitor is more useful than a lawyer and a bank clerk combined.

For other jobs, nobody will look at your papers, while at those where you do - it's still a lottery. I'd rather aim for something that's certain and more enjoyable, at least it'll depend on me if I get into the stuff.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
03-23-2010 08:54 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Hopefully some serious shit's going to happen in 2012 that will end up eliminating a good portion of humanity. Hopefully, whoever's left will be able to start a new society that doesn't suck quite as much as the society we live in now.
03-23-2010 09:49 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I'm curious, though. What can one do without a high school diploma? Of course there's the generic argument: You'll be flipping burgers, cleaning as a janitor, other menial jobs, etc. I want to travel, but I hate forced learning.
Best thing you can do is freelance or start your own business or any number of ways to get passive income. IMO those are the best ways to make a living - anything that involves not having a "boss". Though clients can be a major pain in the ass too... Giggle

Hidden stuff:
03-23-2010 11:28 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Freestyle Cripple Wrote:Hopefully some serious shit's going to happen in 2012 that will end up eliminating a good portion of humanity. Hopefully, whoever's left will be able to start a new society that doesn't suck quite as much as the society we live in now.

Goodluck, because you'll probably be disappointed. If anything happens that ends a good portion of humanity then the rest will probably form groups based on things like power and dominance.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that after such a catastrophe humans will start living in a "perfect anarchy" or whatever it is you're expecting. In fact you'll probably die too along with the rest of the non-survivors.
03-23-2010 07:40 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

If I died being certain that all the fail goes along with me, I wouldn't regret.
When things go haywire, there's nothing left to do than to reroll the dice. If our kind is able to fuck itself up, it should be naturally determined that every few thousands of years we have to start over not to get too confident of our 'power'.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
03-23-2010 11:58 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

We're either able to cooperate and survive or we're not. If we end up destroying ourselves then that means we collectively failed and natural selection got rid of us(or most of us). But I think that the human race being as diverse as it is, it's very hard to predict what'll happen.

I'm pretty sure revolution is the only answer. It's the only thing that makes rapid changes to the system without "restarting" from something like a catastrophe, or completely destroying everyone. It also means that people remember the revolution and future generations can use it to plan their own future revolutions.

We better get used to having revolutions and we better make sure future generations, cultures etc also know that you will most likely need a revolution every now and then to snap things back on track.
03-24-2010 12:17 AM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

[quote="Ceiling Cat"] being socially 'healthy' is to suck up to others even if you hate them.
[quote]
You're expected to be happy all the time and I personally and soundly believe that's what makes people go crazy. Especialy when society determines what is crazy.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
03-24-2010 03:30 AM