RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Taking a stance on things
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)
Re: Taking a stance on things

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:Some people stay with each other for 4+ years and a few people can manage an entire lifetime. Just because you have the attention span of a 12 year old with ADHD and an assholish disregard for trust in a relationship it doesn't mean that everyone else does.

uMad?

Trust? Where does that come in? I want to let my wife fuck who she wants to. What I would trust her for is not running off with another guy who may have a bigger cock or something. I trust her enough to say "hey, we don't need to keep sex within the marriage" She would trust me enough the same way. Back to self-esteem. I have enough self-esteem to let her go fuck other guys. I would not be worried a better looking guy will take her from me. In fact; open marriages are built on more trust and self-esteem than monogamous marriages.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
09-16-2011 07:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:uMad?
Oh really now?

Well if you clearly don't have enough respect for your supposed wife what happens when during her round trip of hanky panky she discovers someone she likes more than you and runs off with this guy?
09-16-2011 07:13 AM
Fanatic

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:
UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:uMad?
Oh really now?

Well if you clearly don't have enough respect for your supposed wife what happens when during her round trip of hanky panky she discovers someone she likes more than you and runs off with this guy?

Respect now? Monogamy has such a silly sacred status. Let's all thank religion.

Assuming we don't have children: Then good for her. Sure it will suck ass for me but that's life. If we were married and she found someone she liked more than me... forcing her to stay with me is cruel.

Assuming we have children: Well then she is a selfish bitch for leaving her children. The kids will probably be better off without her.

If she fucks a guy and likes him I wouldn't give a shit if they became fuck buddies. Hell I might become friends with him. Unless he is one of those, "Dude I'm fucking your wife you faggot!" types... then hopefully my wife doesn't like him because I would probably leave her.

Live until you die
09-16-2011 07:23 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:Respect now? Monogamy has such a silly sacred status. Let's all thank religion.
oh wow seriously

that's the reason you're polygamous
09-16-2011 07:31 AM
Fanatic

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:
UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:Respect now? Monogamy has such a silly sacred status. Let's all thank religion.
oh wow seriously

that's the reason you're polygamous

I'm not polygamous. I don't want multiple wives/husbands. I just want to be allowed to fuck other women and my wife to have the same freedom. Thus I am polyamorous.

Live until you die
09-16-2011 07:32 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I don't believe in owning people. If my (imaginary) partner was attracted to people other than me, that's cool. With 7 billion people in the world, it's a bit crazy to expect him to only ever be interested in me. I would feel a bit awkward about the concept of him sleeping with them though. I'm still working on some insecurity issues. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-16-2011 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:I don't believe in owning people. If my (imaginary) partner was attracted to people other than me, that's cool. With 7 billion people in the world, it's a bit crazy to expect him to only ever be interested in me. I would feel a bit awkward about the concept of him sleeping with them though. I'm still working on some insecurity issues. Razz

Basically this, except for the insecurities. Never really had a problem with those.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
09-16-2011 10:24 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

With love, I don't really think it's as simple as "it's okay if you wanna fuck other guys honey, just still be with me." A relationship like that wouldn't last long or really work at all.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
09-16-2011 12:53 PM
Fanatic

gore goroth Wrote:With love, I don't really think it's as simple as "it's okay if you wanna fuck other guys honey, just still be with me." A relationship like that wouldn't last long or really work at all.

Have you ever done research? Check out the user "Lawsome101" on youtube. FUCK he closed his account.

Well Will Smith is in such a relationship and has been for a while.

Actual statistics on both sides of the argument are minimal.

Here is an interesting article: http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/ ... n-marriage

Live until you die
09-16-2011 02:15 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I don't buy this postmodernist polyamory shit. I'm sorry, but jealousy is part of the human nature, and everyone feels at least a little bit jealous when the person they've shared their life with capers off with a stranger.

Training yourself to not be jealous is like training yourself to stop eating food or washing.

Jealousy is good. It protects the relationship and makes you say, "The fuck you doing, bitch? We've been together for years and have kids and a past together, and you go running after the first dick you see?"

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
09-16-2011 05:31 PM
Fanatic

Faby Wrote:I don't buy this postmodernist polyamory shit. I'm sorry, but jealousy is part of the human nature, and everyone feels at least a little bit jealous when the person they've shared their life with capers off with a stranger.

Training yourself to not be jealous is like training yourself to stop eating food or washing.

Jealousy is good. It protects the relationship and makes you say, "The fuck you doing, bitch? We've been together for years and have kids and a past together, and you go running after the first dick you see?"

Too bad monogamy is often not considered natural in humans

http://scienceblog.com/community/older/ ... 15758.html

Jealous is just insecurity. It isn't good. Of course people will feel jealous every so often. I wouldn't compare it to eating food or washing. That's silly. Jealousy harms relationships.

Live until you die
09-16-2011 06:03 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:Jealousy harms relationships.

Justified jealousy doesn't. Sure, it's bad if your jealousy rises every time your wife checks a guy out, but if she's been missing for days, lying like shit when talking to you, and generally expresses lack of interest in you, then you've all the reasons in the world to be jealous. It's a prompt to repair things in your relationship.

Also, don't expect me to believe every single site out there that has "science" in its name. You need more than that to convince me.

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
09-16-2011 06:17 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:Justified jealousy doesn't. Sure, it's bad if your jealousy rises every time your wife checks a guy out, but if she's been missing for days, lying like shit when talking to you, and generally expresses lack of interest in you, then you've all the reasons in the world to be jealous.
If all of that is happening, you can skip the jealousy and go straight to being really worried about a blatant lack of honesty and trust. 'Cause that's some serious relationship breaking problems, regardless if it's monogamous or polyamorous or anything else really.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-16-2011 08:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Are you people nomads or something

because sometimes I swear only me and faby are sane here
09-16-2011 09:33 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:Are you people nomads or something

Nah. In Shippony's case, it's the horny college student case of "I want to get laid so badly I'll support any view that is for indiscriminate, promiscuous sex."

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
09-16-2011 09:40 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Well, someone needs to fulfill the role of mystery around here.
09-16-2011 09:45 PM
Fanatic

Faby Wrote:
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:Are you people nomads or something

Nah. In Shippony's case, it's the horny college student case of "I want to get laid so badly I'll support any view that is for indiscriminate, promiscuous sex."

Hate Hate Hate... actually I personally wouldn't go around fucking... I'd just prefer the freedom to do so. I can go to a bar and easily get laid. I don't need to support alternate marriage for that.

Quote:If all of that is happening, you can skip the jealousy and go straight to being really worried about a blatant lack of honesty and trust. 'Cause that's some serious relationship breaking problems, regardless if it's monogamous or polyamorous or anything else really.

This.

Quote:Also, don't expect me to believe every single site out there that has "science" in its name. You need more than that to convince me.

I obviously don't and if you did that'd be retarded... but no one else but me is putting out supporting opinions other than their own. Me saying, "der I'm right" and you saying, "der I'm right" will get us no where.

Live until you die
09-17-2011 03:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Stance on Abortion Subb 47 13,522 05-30-2014 12:29 PM
Last Post: Rule_BreakerXVIII