RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Fireworks
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Stupid Fireworks

So, after spending 10 minutes setting up a position for bottle rockets, the first ones a dud. No way in hell am i touching that after a smoke bomb incident. Have you ever had bad experiences with fireworks?

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
07-04-2011 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)
Re: Stupid Fireworks

One blew up when I was close to it but luckily I only got minor burns... I fucking love fireworks.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
07-04-2011 01:00 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:One blew up when I was close to it but luckily I only got minor burns... I fucking love fireworks.

I hate you. I tried to throw a smoke bomb but it blew up worst possible time. (When my hand was drawed back, near my face, i spent the next hour at the doctors getting hot plastic picked out of my face. Thank god i had my glasses on.

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
07-04-2011 02:11 PM
RandomTroll Offline
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Being a firework freak i had some accidents too.

We were cooking up some smoke bombs (with potassium nitrate and sugar) and it caught fire when cooking, filled the entire flat with smoke. Good thing that is was my friends flat :troll:
/selfish bastard

Making some black powder on a hot day, left it on the sun for too long (stupid mistake, i know) and it caught fire. I don't know how, don't ask. Had some minor burns on the hand, nothing too serious.

Lit a small bomb and was about to throw it, but the fuse was faulty and it exploded in my hand, good thing that the bomb was kinda weak, only suffered minor burns.

And probably some other disasters that i made, but can't remember.
07-04-2011 08:28 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline

RandomTroll Wrote:Being a firework freak i had some accidents too.

We were cooking up some smoke bombs (with potassium nitrate and sugar) and it caught fire when cooking, filled the entire flat with smoke. Good thing that is was my friends flat :troll:
/selfish bastard

Making some black powder on a hot day, left it on the sun for too long (stupid mistake, i know) and it caught fire. I don't know how, don't ask. Had some minor burns on the hand, nothing too serious.

Lit a small bomb and was about to throw it, but the fuse was faulty and it exploded in my hand, good thing that the bomb was kinda weak, only suffered minor burns.

And probably some other disasters that i made, but can't remember.

lol.You left black powder outside in the sun? My papaw doesn't trust black powder under a lamp.

07-05-2011 03:55 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

lol I'm house sitting for my parents while they go to Maine next week. First two things I'm going to go out and purchase are fireworks and booze. I'll let you guys know how many burns I end up with.

:troll:
07-05-2011 06:21 AM
Phrozen_Soul Offline

Ayliana Wrote:lol I'm house sitting for my parents while they go to Maine next week. First two things I'm going to go out and purchase are fireworks and booze. I'll let you guys know how many burns I end up with.

:troll:

No matter how good of an idea seems at the time, DO NOT try to mix the two for a bigger explosion.

07-06-2011 04:49 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

lol I'll keep that in mind. XD
07-06-2011 04:51 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

DO feel free to add flour to the concoction, though.

K
S
07-06-2011 06:37 AM
schoolsuxak47 Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

well, setting off a trimortar the launch tube fell over and almost shot me with a mortar round. anyhoo, i am a pyromaniac. i love them, and i WILL NOT ACCEPT THE CRAPPY FIREWORKS FROM TH BIG STORES. i'd rather go to the phantom in youngstown than get those crappy things

"If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going"
> Winston Churchill
"I Have Not Failed, I've Just Found 10,00 Ways That Wont Work!"
> Thomas Alva Edison
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
>Albert Einstein
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
> A Sign In Albert Einstein's Princeton Office
07-20-2011 10:06 PM