RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Educational Terrorism (a rant)
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Educational Terrorism (a rant)

Our school system is run by educational terrorists! It is quite obvious when you look closely at how schools are run and how fear is involved in doing so. According to Wikipedia, terrorism is defined as the systematic use of "terror" as a means of coercion. The American School System fits this definition perfectly. They force you to go intellectual prison for 13-15 years or more of your life. They have the legal authority to make you cooperate with this 13+ year, 7 hour a day, 5 day a week prison sentence. Even think about skipping and the school system's secret police come for you to take you back. Let's take a look at each of the things that make this educational terrorism shall we?

Use of "security." Cameras, audio monitoring, teachers patrolling like Auschwitz guards, you name it. They say they want to know everything everyone thinks, feels, an does every moment of every day to ensure their "security" and "safety." This all a lie, folks. Big brother even lurks on the internet on school computers with censorship that filters out many things that don't even need to be filtered. They control us through automated thought police.

Is it me or do teachers really hate their jobs? Many say they wanted to help kids by teaching them. Are they even aware that they are actually hurting them? Some teachers hide their disdain for their job well, other really make it obvious they'd rather do whatever than shout at kids to quiet down. Like this one teacher of mine, for instance. She has some sort of god complex going on in her head, always wanting to teach when she's an assistant teacher. She wants to take over the main teacher's job when she should be sitting down and shutting up until the main teacher actually needs her. She helps her own ego more than the kids. If you don't do things her way, she's a complete bully to you. She forced me into doing a memorization ASS-signment during study skills. She was bitching at me about using this time to do pointless work. She even hovered over me like a freaking telescreen while I "attempted" to do the work. It creeped me out. She left in frustration after the word processor I use for most long written assignments had its batteries die. Another teacher of mine has anger issues so bad he makes the Hulk look like Gandhi.

The use of doublethink and doublespeak to control students during televised morning announcements and assemblies. Trying to say they care about us. Whether they do or not, they all want the same thing, to control youth.

School is more of a business than anything else. It's a super business that never fails business-wise in that unlike other businesses, it forces its customers to consume its services. It threatens them with the penalty of law if they refuse. They tell us things that our parents should be responsible for. The state nor the schools run by it are our parents, yet this their self-image.

Like others here have said, fear is involved. Our parents have been brainwashed to tell you that you'll be a bum on the streets without school. Tons of brilliant people in history didn't get their success from forced schooling. DaVinci had an IQ of over 200 and all without forced schooling. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these people, but I'm sure Mozart didn't achieve his musical genius from forced schooling. The great satirist, Jonathan Swift didn't seem to need it either. Neither did Shakespeare. On a side note most people hate Shakespeare probably because of the ineffective teaching methods they use. The list goes on and on.

Teachers' Unions get in the way of making any remote progress in schools. Firing bad teachers is near impossible. Good teachers are punished while bad teachers are allowed to get away with their misdeeds. Similar with how the Catholic Church allowed their priests to do what they did.

With all that's been presented here, if this isn't educational terrorism, I don't know what is.

[Image: 200px-Anfem2.svg.png] [Image: Anarcho-Syndicalism-Anarchist-communism.jpg]
"Government is as unreal, as intangible, as unapproachable as God. Try it, if you don't believe it. Seek through the legislative halls of America and find, if you can, the Government. In the end you will be doomed to confer with the agent, as before. "-Voltairine De Cleyre
04-01-2010 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OasisBo Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: Educational Terrorism (a rant)

I totally agree with you and the worst part about it is that it's also facist and a monopoly so we get crap education because they get the same amount of money either way. People are told to pay taxes which makes them pay for something they aren't using or needing.
public School=Fascism
Public School=crap
public School=Anarchy
public school=prison
public school=conformity

So why do we become so apathetic? Because we are the zombies from corporate militaristic conformity. Because we are told that's how we're supposed to be in this land of no belief.

viva la revolution
The Dawn of our Anguish
Is the twilight of Quality
Our minds relinquish
from our body
viva la destruction

public School=Fascism
Public School=crap
public school=prison
public school=conformity

So why do we become so apathetic? Because we are the zombies from corporate militaristic conformity. Because we are told that's how we're supposed to be in this land of no belief.

viva la revolution
The Dawn of our Anguish
Is the twilight of Quality
Our minds relinquish
from our body
viva la destruction
04-03-2010 01:35 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

You are either led by fear, or led by example. It doesn't take a genius to realize that students are led by fear.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
04-03-2010 06:16 PM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

OasisBo Wrote:public School=Fascism
Public School=crap
public School=Anarchy
public school=prison
public school=conformity

See, this is why we're not taken seriously, because of morons like yourself.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
04-04-2010 06:15 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Swift Wrote:
Public School=crap
public School=Anarchy
public school=prison
public school=conformity

Why are we not taken seriously because someone is comparing compulsory school to fascism? What is the difference between compulsory school and fascism?

Fascism is an authoritarian philosophy, and so is school, or at least it's designed to weaken the minds of individuals so that they might be more easily manipulated by their leaders.

In many (or all) schools, it is often against the rules to sell anything without the staff's consent.
What about banned books? Many schools do endorse censorship.

Anarchy? Laugh He's taking it as if the definition of the word is "disorder". The only "disorder" I see in compulsory education is in accomplishing the task it is ADVERTISED to do: educate. Education (teaching of understanding, actually just knowledge in this case) is very mediocre, and if individuals were left for themselves they could learn much more by alternate means.
If you take education as being obedient to your "superiors", oh well, I guess it makes more sense.

[Image: glorious666.png]
04-04-2010 09:49 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Swift Wrote:
Public School=crap
public School=Anarchy
public school=prison
public school=conformity

Hey, it's just a small mistake he made there.
04-04-2010 10:27 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Lunatic Wrote:
Swift Wrote:
Public School=crap
public School=Anarchy
public school=prison
public school=conformity

Why are we not taken seriously because someone is comparing compulsory school to fascism? What is the difference between compulsory school and fascism?

Fascism is an authoritarian philosophy, and so is school, or at least it's designed to weaken the minds of individuals so that they might be more easily manipulated by their leaders.

In many (or all) schools, it is often against the rules to sell anything without the staff's consent.
What about banned books? Many schools do endorse censorship.

Anarchy? Laugh He's taking it as if the definition of the word is "disorder". The only "disorder" I see in compulsory education is in accomplishing the task it is ADVERTISED to do: educate. Education (teaching of understanding, actually just knowledge in this case) is very mediocre, and if individuals were left for themselves they could learn much more by alternate means.
If you take education as being obedient to your "superiors", oh well, I guess it makes more sense.

You're stupid as well. You're an individualist anarchist to boot. Anarchism isn't individualistic, but that's for another debate He should've clarified what he meant by anarchy. Anarchy isn't just a word you can toss around here.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
04-04-2010 01:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Educational Freedom Organization Proposal Absnt 14 5,696 04-18-2015 03:12 PM
Last Post: Absnt
  I guess creativity isn't educational. According to teachers, at least. Facehead977 29 4,182 11-07-2014 10:52 PM
Last Post: c00ldud3
Brick Educational Shock:The Effect of Socio-Cultural Politics on Schooling brainiac3397 7 3,624 09-13-2014 04:12 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  "you are interrupting the (bullcrap) educational process" Missile 2 2,543 03-09-2014 03:26 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Doing More Time in School: A Cruel Non-Solution to Our Educational Problems Miller0700 11 6,877 06-05-2012 03:40 AM
Last Post: kelby393
  The Educational Freedom Organizatoin -- What I'm thinking. Absnt 44 9,961 01-27-2012 02:08 PM
  Anarchism=Terrorism?? Chibi Moon Beam 1 1,568 11-05-2010 11:17 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  The Educational Utopia. (An article I just wrote) Absnt 8 2,598 03-10-2010 04:57 PM