RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random shit
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)
Random shit

I certainly think that they are omnipotent, Gods, they exist everywhere. It's hard to explain my theory, but it's in the sense that we humans cannot see the 4th dimension. A 3d object can see 2d, but 2d cannot see a 3d object in the circumstance that it's not in contact with the 2d world. Now, we are 3d beings and cannot see the 4th dimension, but 4th dimensional beings can see us. We are limited to 3d and our 5 senses. What if Gods existed as 4th dimensional beings? They could be omnipotent, see all, but we cannot see them but we can feel their presence. This suggests however that Gods are physical, perhaps not in the form of you and I, but in the sense that they exist. I only limited this to the 4th dimension, it could be more than that, they could live outside the realm of time, which suggests they are infinite beings and immortal, we live inside the realm of time and lesser dimension possibly making us finite and mortal.

what

This theory of mine is probably wrong, but it did make me think.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
07-05-2011 06:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)
Re: Random shit

Elfy Wrote:I certainly think that they are omnipotent, Gods, they exist everywhere. It's hard to explain my theory, but it's in the sense that we humans cannot see the 4th dimension. A 3d object can see 2d, but 2d cannot see a 3d object in the circumstance that it's not in contact with the 2d world. Now, we are 3d beings and cannot see the 4th dimension, but 4th dimensional beings can see us. We are limited to 3d and our 5 senses. What if Gods existed as 4th dimensional beings? They could be omnipotent, see all, but we cannot see them but we can feel their presence. This suggests however that Gods are physical, perhaps not in the form of you and I, but in the sense that they exist. I only limited this to the 4th dimension, it could be more than that, they could live outside the realm of time, which suggests they are infinite beings and immortal, we live inside the realm of time and lesser dimension possibly making us finite and mortal.

what

This theory of mine is probably wrong, but it did make me think.
but you can "see" 3d things through a 2d screen, somewhat. Couldn't you see a fourth dimension through 3d then, like you see 3d in 2d?... if there was one. :|

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-05-2011 06:04 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

On a 2d screen, everything is 2d.

[Image: cube-only.png]

In real life, this is 3d. But as you see it on your screen, it is 2d. So in its essence a screen can NEVER portray a 3d object, no matter if it looks like a 3d object or not.

3d Shadow of theoretical 4d cube:

[Image: Tesseract.gif]

07-05-2011 06:10 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Could the 4th dimensional beings (they don't have to be gods but they possibly could be) interact with us? We can interact with 2d objects.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
07-05-2011 02:39 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

They may react with us, we do exist in the 4th dimension, we just can't see it. In my opinion, a 4th dimensional being is something that can see or detect or have some knowledge that its 4 dimensional. They could be physical or they could just exist.

You can react with a 2d object, lift it up so it could see a 2d world from above.

Is death just one of these reactions where we go into another dimension? Since 3d, time and our 5 senses are our perception of reality, when we die do we see something else? Do we percieve what was really around us all along? Ghosts? Gods? Some other shit?

What I've said is probably wrong, but I'm no believer in that death is just the end.

07-05-2011 04:32 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

yeah.
Our eyes can only see 2 dimensions, well, somewhat 3 dimensions because of our binocular sight.
Also, where is your proof that there really is a 4th dimension and "4th dimensional beings"?... though I understand you labeled it as random shit yourself.

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-05-2011 05:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Random shit here Proudsadist 3 1,115 05-11-2010 05:46 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox