RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking.
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Walking.

There was a single bulb above my head, the white walls reflecting it's light back upon me as I stood below it. I looked down, the metal on my chest reflecting all of its glory, my shoes spit shined, as I'd had no real polish. My right cuff was askew, and I fixed it slowly, rubbing my thumb over the ornate cuff link with the King's seal pressed into it. Pant legs straight, with the stripe perfectly perpendicular to the ground.

There was a single mirror on the wall - more a piece of shined aluminum than a mirror, and through its blur I could make out the white of my face. Bloodless. A man more honest than me might admit that he was afraid, but I was merely stoic at that moment. My sweat was that of adreniline, my shaking was electricity running through my veins. Excitement.

I fingered a metallic pin on my chest. A medal. I'd earned this one for over-running Camp Mayandoke with my troops, being one of the first into the fray. Ah, what a glorious day for the devil. The white flags they had waved were soon red, my orders had spared none of them, least of all their Captain. I myself had placed my sole on top of his, and pulled the trigger at point blank.

Such a victory.

My troops though, started shooting themselves in the feet after that.

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
04-11-2010 06:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Re: Walking.

My hat sat on the cot an arms reach away, and I admired it's shape for a moment before picking it up. The King's crest was on the front - an elegant, golden affair with intertwined leaves and swords dancing around the center image. Oh how it glinted in the sun; reflecting light across the boots of my troops, and across the filthy ground we trudged across. This hat set me apart from all of the others. It was my symbol of command.

It hat sat on my desk the day I had asserted my control. The crest was facing the Private who sat across from me, stuttering out an explanation for his actions that day. A civilian had been put under his charge; a civilian who had cursed our troops when we set down in her town. We had slaughtered her filthy husband, and her dogs of sons, who had resisted us that morning at the creek. What a glorious slaughter that was. Ten of them. Tens of hundreds of us.

This private was supposed to put an end to her vicious ramblings. That was his order. A single shot was all he had to make. And he missed. No right man in this unit could miss that shot. He was so close that he could see the whites of her traitorous eyes, and he missed. Weakness was what it was.

I shut the door to my office, and with a plank of wood, beat the weakness out of him. He was mostly composed of weakness, and so, when I was done with him, there was little left. His blood soaked my floorboards, and his meat fed the crows.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
04-11-2010 06:17 AM
Aviator Offline
Pariah

That hat fit firmly on my head, and in the mirror I made sure it was straight - the visor directly above my eyes, crest centered above my features. This was how I looked nearly every day of my life. Stern, proper, and direct. I couldn't see my eyes - the shined aluminum was too fuzzy, but I imagined they'd look fairly cold. Not at all scared. No. I didn't show fear. My shallow breathing was just the effect of adreniline.

Other people showed fear. So much of it. They wet themselves in fear, and proved themselves to be nothing but animals for it. We had met the enemy at Concord hill, which wasn't much of a hill at all, but a rock sticking up from the ground with a bit of grass growing on top. There were so many uniforms there - lined up, guns at the ready. And when the first pop was sounded, and so many lay for the last time, a good deal of my men ran backwards. I stood back with the desertion guard and popped off a few. Begging, snivelling cowards.

Particularly the one who was just a lad. Didn't know what he was getting into when he first joined up. Thought the military was all greatness. But now that a bit of blood was being shed, he went to turn tail and disgrace the uniform of the King. I'd caught him by the scruff of his neck, listened to him whine, and kicked the tears off his face. And then I'd run the filthy coward through with my bayonet, smiling as his blood dripped off the end.

04-11-2010 06:34 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

As much as I love your writing, tl;dr until I get bored.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
04-11-2010 10:19 AM
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Eh. Fail. I don't feel like finishing it.

04-14-2010 11:21 AM