RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait a damn minute....
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
Re: Wait a damn minute....

LightAbyssion Wrote:
hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:There you go again calling someone's descisions stupid. Dropping out is a personal, moral descision. I don't think it's stupid to dropout because once you see down the road and realize that if you keep going to school you will be trapped in a lifestyle you don't want, then go for it.

Not everyone wants the american dream, not everyone wants to punch the clock 9-5, and be slave to wage. SOme people seek things like alternative lifestyles.

Dropping out is a direct action against the system. It's not about winning, it's about if you fight.

Some people don't think they should devote years and years to do tiny perks to a system that has no intention to change.
My dear, not everyone cares about ideals as much as we do. I heard a quote recently... "Nobody does anything for the glory of it anymore." It's all about what you gain or lose. This is like trying to explain why a samurai commits suicide when he loses.

So just take solace in knowing your beliefs are strong. If you ever drop out, then I'd say you have bigger balls than most males do.

Yeah, life for me, it's just much fucking more than this everydayshit. I'm not really afaid of anything, because the world around me i feel is so grey and pathetic.
Life shouldn't be this, I'd rather fight and be one less person sucked into conformity. It's not worth it, I only got one life to live, and I don't care what happens, I don't care If I die trying, I'm gonna be me.

Bigger balls, a huge clit,. But for me, it's all about heart.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
07-09-2011 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

AbestnInsonedfm Wrote:WHEN AND WERE? I'LL BRING MY INTERNET ARMOR

[Image: calm-down.jpg?1278565651]

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

07-09-2011 11:02 AM
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 38 thank(s) in 21 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:Haha too many internet tough guys up in here and we even got a white knight preaching on.
God this shit is hilarious.
Who's the white knight?

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:
LightAbyssion Wrote:
hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:There you go again calling someone's descisions stupid. Dropping out is a personal, moral descision. I don't think it's stupid to dropout because once you see down the road and realize that if you keep going to school you will be trapped in a lifestyle you don't want, then go for it.

Not everyone wants the american dream, not everyone wants to punch the clock 9-5, and be slave to wage. SOme people seek things like alternative lifestyles.

Dropping out is a direct action against the system. It's not about winning, it's about if you fight.

Some people don't think they should devote years and years to do tiny perks to a system that has no intention to change.
My dear, not everyone cares about ideals as much as we do. I heard a quote recently... "Nobody does anything for the glory of it anymore." It's all about what you gain or lose. This is like trying to explain why a samurai commits suicide when he loses.

So just take solace in knowing your beliefs are strong. If you ever drop out, then I'd say you have bigger balls than most males do.

Yeah, life for me, it's just much fucking more than this everydayshit. I'm not really afaid of anything, because the world around me i feel is so grey and pathetic.
Life shouldn't be this, I'd rather fight and be one less person sucked into conformity. It's not worth it, I only got one life to live, and I don't care what happens, I don't care If I die trying, I'm gonna be me.

Bigger balls, a huge clit,. But for me, it's all about heart.
Haha, I see those "who are you to tell us what life should be" comments didn't phase you. You're quite stubborn.

"Oppressed people might overthrow their tyrants, but not if they can count on one day joining the oppressors."
07-09-2011 11:14 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Quote:Haha, I see those "who are you to tell us what life should be" comments didn't phase you. You're quite stubborn.
Huh?

07-09-2011 11:32 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

I'm actually starting to see you're point hatemylife. Biggrin

Previously known as Derchin.
07-09-2011 11:58 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Again, I see your point completely. I've considered, very, very seriously just running away. I don't take too well to authority. In fact, I fucking hate authority unless I put myself in that situation... I came pretty close to leaving a couple of different times. Then I found a job that would teach me the skills I want to have for the rest of my life and give me a pretty cool environment to survive in for a few years before I embark on the rest of my life. That job requires a diploma. So, what's another year of high school if I get to do that job?

Srsly.

Aaanyway, /thread or whatever. Agree to disagree and all of that jazz.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
07-09-2011 12:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Again, I see your point completely. I've considered, very, very seriously just running away. I don't take too well to authority. In fact, I fucking hate authority unless I put myself in that situation... I came pretty close to leaving a couple of different times. Then I found a job that would teach me the skills I want to have for the rest of my life and give me a pretty cool environment to survive in for a few years before I embark on the rest of my life. That job requires a diploma. So, what's another year of high school if I get to do that job?

Srsly.

Aaanyway, /thread or whatever. Agree to disagree and all of that jazz.

Yeah, I've only done one year of highschool, so it makes sense for me to just leave. Sucks that youve already almost done.

07-09-2011 12:07 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:Yeah, I've only done one year of highschool, so it makes sense for me to just leave. Sucks that youve already almost done.

I'm about to leave as well. I'm going into 12th.

07-09-2011 12:10 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Derchin Wrote:
hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:Yeah, I've only done one year of highschool, so it makes sense for me to just leave. Sucks that youve already almost done.

If it feels like it's the right thing, do it. I mean, that's the thing you can always get out. It just takes different times for everybody to realize.
I'm dropping out. I'm probably gonna become a stoaway or traveler,because my parents won't accept me.

07-09-2011 12:15 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

It's not hypocrisy. It could be cowardice, IF they were saying that no one should ever go to school. But they're not; they're saying it sucks that school is needed for so many things, it sucks that many people are forced to go to school, the way school is set up is terrible and should change....
So it's not even cowardice either.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
07-09-2011 12:15 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Prince Rilian Wrote:It's not hypocrisy. It could be cowardice, IF they were saying that no one should ever go to school. But they're not; they're saying it sucks that school is needed for so many things, it sucks that many people are forced to go to school, the way school is set up is terrible and should change....
So it's not even cowardice either.

I think it is if you are afraid to of what would happen if you didn't have it. But it is contradictory if you are going to school hating it everyday and saying your against it, but just keep going. No one will take you seriously. You're letting them get the best of you by showing them that regardless of how you feel, you need them.

I don't need it, I know what's best for me.

07-09-2011 12:20 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:I'm dropping out. I'm probably gonna become a stoaway or traveler,because my parents won't accept me.

Its tough out there. Don't do nothing out there you'll regret.

07-09-2011 12:21 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Derchin Wrote:
hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:I'm dropping out. I'm probably gonna become a stoaway or traveler,because my parents won't accept me.

Its tough out there. Don't do nothing out there you'll regret.

I won't regret anything. Sometimes only the wrong survive. I'd rather die right, than survive wrong. And I'm pretty sure I could do it. I know people who ranaway and they actually made it through and were able to get by riding freight trains.

07-09-2011 12:25 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Derchin Wrote:

If it feels like it's the right thing, do it. I mean, that's the thing you can always get out. It just takes different times for everybody to realize.
I'm dropping out. I'm probably gonna become a stoaway or traveler,because my parents won't accept me.
Have you tried explaining home-schooling (unschooling) to your parents? I think that would be a much better option than running away, unless your parents are abusive.

In a perfect world, you wouldn't have to do any kind of school or convince your parents of anything. But you need to find the optimal path in the world you are in. That best path might not even be "dropping out". There's a lot of things to consider.

What if you didn't drop out but just stayed home and were absent a lot? What would happen then? For one, you would fail the classes after a certain number of absences. But you don't care about that. What else would happen? Would your parents react in unacceptable ways? Would they beat you? deprive you of food? lock you in a closet? send you to a teen torture camp? If so, it's probably not a good move. I mean, if your parents beat you or starve you, it is technically possible for you to escape legally, but I don't think the chances are good, and foster parents aren't always the best people anyway.

What if you went to school but just sat there and did nothing? You could just sit in the desk and not do any of the assignments. But again, if your parents would abuse you in response, then it's a bad idea.

What if you found an alternative school, a correspondance school, something that will be seen as "legitimate" by your parents but will be a lot less awful for you?

What if you convinced your parents to let you home-school where you do everything on your own? You could find some books and tell your parents you will read them and do the exercises in them. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, you shouldn't have to do it. But it is way fucking better than going to school. I know; I've done it, as has my younger brother.

If your parents will agree to an alternative kind of school or home-schooling where you do everything on your own, and if your parents are not horrible people who abuse you all the time, then that is most likely the best course of action for you. And if you're out of public schools, you will be doing a tiny little something to help the anti-school cause.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-09-2011 12:28 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:if you are going to school hating it everyday and saying your against it, but just keep going. No one will take you seriously.
That's pretty true. But who is going to take you seriously if you're homeless and eat out of garbage cans?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-09-2011 12:30 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Prince Rilian Wrote:
hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:if you are going to school hating it everyday and saying your against it, but just keep going. No one will take you seriously.
That's pretty true. But who is going to take you seriously if you're homeless and eat out of garbage cans?

Dude, stop being an asshole. Homeless people are looked at as the scum of the earth of society, when it really should be the opposite end. I've actually met respectable homeless people, and you have no idea what they go through, and I hope you never say that to one because you sure as will take them seriosuly from then on.

Also, I told you man, why waste my time. If I sit in class and do nothing not only will i get kicked outm but i will fail, get left back and then I'm really screwed. And I look stupid.

You don't understand, I don't wan't to go to school. My parents will not stand for it, I'm gonna end up bouncing. I've made up my mind.

07-09-2011 12:36 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Prince Rilian Wrote:

Dude, stop being an asshole.
WHAT!? I haven't spent one single second in this thread being an asshole. I just wrote a long post giving you friendly advice!

I was just responding to your point about people not taking us seriously. God. If that's your concern, then those same people who will not take you seriously if you stay in school even though you think the world would be better without it, those people will not take you seriously if you drop out and run away from home and become homeless. OK? I don't personally have anything against homeless people.

Cuckoo

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-09-2011 12:41 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:If I sit in class and do nothing not only will i get kicked out
Public schools don't kick people out for failing. They just make you take the classes over again.
Quote:but i will fail, get left back
But I thought you didn't care about that?
Quote:and then I'm really screwed. And I look stupid.
Not any more stupid than if you drop out.

Quote:You don't understand, I don't wan't to go to school. My parents will not stand for it, I'm gonna end up bouncing. I've made up my mind.
OK. Fine. Do what you want. I was just trying to help, but whatever. It's seriously up to you, and I respect whatever you decide is best for yourself.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-09-2011 12:45 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

LOL god dam you're possibly more stupid than night nigger, i swear if you drop it youre going to fuck yourself over so bad because you wanna "rebel" society is pretty much set in place at the moment. god i wish i could watch your life it would provide me with much lulz
07-09-2011 12:48 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Prince Rilian Wrote:
hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:If I sit in class and do nothing not only will i get kicked out
Public schools don't kick people out for failing. They just make you take the classes over again.
Quote:but i will fail, get left back
But I thought you didn't care about that?
Quote:and then I'm really screwed. And I look stupid.
Not any more stupid than if you drop out.

Quote:You don't understand, I don't wan't to go to school. My parents will not stand for it, I'm gonna end up bouncing. I've made up my mind.
OK. Fine. Do what you want. I was just trying to help, but whatever. It's seriously up to you, and I respect whatever you decide is best for yourself.

Not really bro. Why would i sit through the same classes over and over and over and over again doing nothing. THAT'S STUPID. THAT'S REDUNDANT. Tha'ts my fucking time.

Dropping out isn't stupid.

Also, I don't give a FUCK what they think if i dropout.

07-09-2011 12:49 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Also, I've BEEN homeless, fuckwad. It sucks. Hard. And it turns out that sitting outside reading a book becomes a horrible unforgivable crime if you do it at 4:00 in the morning.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-09-2011 12:50 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

So either take your chances on the streets or continue to live for the system. Take your pick.

07-09-2011 12:51 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Comrade Wrote:

LOL god dam you're possibly more stupid than night nigger, i swear if you drop it youre going to fuck yourself over so bad because you wanna "rebel" society is pretty much set in place at the moment. god i wish i could watch your life it would provide me with much lulz
[Image: tumblr_litzff4pBZ1qf40tn.png]
You're an asshole if you take joy in people's suffering. I'm not fucking myself over, I have a pretty good idea of what the fuck I'm doing. Otherwise, you can fuck off faggot, you have no idea what I'm doing.

07-09-2011 12:53 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:Why would i sit through the same classes over and over and over and over again doing nothing. THAT'S STUPID. THAT'S REDUNDANT. Tha'ts my fucking time.
It's probably better than being homeless! And you wouldn't have to do nothing, you could read something else while the teacher is babbling, you could draw pictures, write stories, whatever you want that can be done at a desk.

Quote:Dropping out isn't stupid.
But that isn't what I said! You said that you would look stupid if you failed classes. LOOK stupid. To other people. To people who value school. You would look stupid to those people if you dropped out, too.

Quote:Also, I don't give a FUCK what they think if i dropout.
Then why do you care if they think you're stupid for failing classes?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-09-2011 12:54 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Prince Rilian Wrote:Also, I've BEEN homeless, fuckwad. It sucks. Hard. And it turns out that sitting outside reading a book becomes a horrible unforgivable crime if you do it at 4:00 in the morning.

WHy would you read a bok at 4:00 am in the morning?

Also, I don't care. I'm gonna end up however i end up, but all I know is, I can't take school anymore. I'm not gonna take it. And yes Derechin I could make a really cool street punk.

07-09-2011 12:55 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:And yes Derechin I could make a really cool street punk.
Never said you couldn't. I hope you do make good street punk.

07-09-2011 12:57 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Prince Rilian Wrote:Also, I've BEEN homeless, fuckwad. It sucks. Hard. And it turns out that sitting outside reading a book becomes a horrible unforgivable crime if you do it at 4:00 in the morning.

WHy would you read a bok at 4:00 am in the morning?
.... why not? I was awake and I felt like reading. You make it sound like you think it's a bad thing.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-09-2011 01:00 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Prince Rilian Wrote:Then why do you care if they think you're stupid for failing classes?
[Image: tumblr_ljcu92aCjt1qzaxefo1_500.jpg]

Because the fact that they are laughing at my degradation and humiliation, when I'm supposed to be this rebel who goes against the grain, but yet just sits in the classroom and wastes my point.

FUCK THAT.

Also it's not their opinion that matters to me really, it's mine. It's my alter ego. I'm sorry, my Tyler Durden will kick my ass.

Also, I'm sorry, did you not hear about me going BATSHIT INSANE DURING ONE YEAR OF HIGHSCHOOL?

07-09-2011 01:07 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

I don't understand your reaction at all. If you never attempt to do any of the assignments, then, I really don't think anyone is going to laugh at you, anyway.

You don't care if people think you're stupid for not doing school, but you do care if people laugh at you for not doing school. See, that's confusing.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-09-2011 01:09 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Prince Rilian Wrote:I don't understand your reaction at all. If you never attempt to do any of the assignments, then, I really don't think anyone is going to laugh at you, anyway.

You don't care if people think you're stupid for not doing school, but you do care if people laugh at you for not doing school. See, that's confusing.

Dude, don't worry about it I'm gonna do what the fuck i want.

07-09-2011 01:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wanted: 1-minute Videos: What I'd do if I could leave school lisafromjackson 5 2,695 02-12-2015 12:57 AM
Last Post: lisafromjackson
  #StuVoice Conversation with Anya Kamenetz (30 minute hangout video) xcriteria 0 1,798 02-05-2015 05:32 AM
Last Post: xcriteria
  I hate teaching 90 minute classes TheCancer 5 2,957 11-28-2014 02:23 PM
Last Post: ThorodonSorrow
  Got a 20 minute lecture today over a plastic syringe Sharpie 10 5,468 02-03-2012 01:01 PM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  Wait, what? aaaaaaasd 15 3,351 08-28-2008 05:38 AM
Last Post: Dark Soul X