RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is EVERYONE a douche?
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Why is EVERYONE a douche?

This is my first time posting on here, so forgive me and let me know if I fuck something up.

On Facebook, I was engaged in a discussion board conversation about school with these people (or possibly one person) who decided to make fake Facebook accounts and harass us on a page used specifically to rant about school. For fuck's sake... One of them asked me what sort of career I wanted to pursue. I said I wanted to be a musician, which is what I want to do, and I'm currently being held back from doing that by the school system that says I can't drop out yet and the labor laws that say no work until age 16. One more fucking year... anyway, I said I wanted to do music. This asshole said,

"You want to make music? Enjoy being homeless."

I've lost all faith in humanity. I have a dream, a passion, I mean this is seriously what I want to fucking do, and all this middle-aged jackass can do is shoot it down. What the fuck? I didn't provoke a fight with this asshole, so what the hell is his problem?

And it got me thinking... is it really going to be that way? What are my chances of actually being able to sustain myself and live while being musician? I don't think I'm cut out to be famous. As much as I hate to admit it... I think this ass clown is right. I just wanted some thoughts on this. Anyone?

[Image: ImmatureEntrepreneurBannersmaller.png]
Why Public Education Is Ineffective.
Check out my other articles here.
04-21-2010 11:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
Re: Why is EVERYONE a douche?

To be honest, you probably won't make it famous, few do.
But not being famous doesn't mean you're bad, just that you're stuff isn't the garbage that's popular these days, and it doesn't mean you'd go hungry, just that you wouldn't be uber rich.
You'd still have small gigs for money, a small fan base who'd actually enjoy your music, and you'd be doing what you love.

Doesn't sound like too bad of a life to me.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
04-21-2010 11:26 AM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

That is what I really want. To be happy. Not necessarily to be famous, because being famous would require dumbing my lyrics down for the world. I just hope I'm not too fucked with the choice I'm making.

04-21-2010 11:32 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I'm sure you could make a living off of it. People seem to equate musicians with famous people, but it's not always the case. Besides, I'm sure you could do small jobs on the side. Since most of your gigs would probably be later in the night.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
04-21-2010 11:37 AM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

I'm already feeling better about this. Today was just kind of a shitty day in general, so I was just kind of taking the hits at that point. It's one of those moments when you just want to say "fuck it all" and move to a different country.
Thanks, guys.

04-21-2010 11:47 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

You're welcome. I'm going through the same thing with my future art career. "You wont make any money. Blah Blah." I pretty much ignore that.

To tell the truth, I saw the title and thought you were another troll. Laugh (We seem to be getting a lot of those lately)

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
04-21-2010 11:54 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:To tell the truth, I saw the title and thought you were another troll. Laugh (We seem to be getting a lot of those lately)
Ha, I thought the same thing, as lulzy as they are, it's nice to see someone who isn't here just to be stupid.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
04-21-2010 11:56 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Just because the system doesn't encourage art doesn't mean that people will ever stop supporting artists, if they like them.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
04-21-2010 11:56 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Facebook, myspace and yahoo answers have to have some of the most ignorant people on the internet.

Sorry you got burned but like others have said, don't listen to what other people tell you about your future because only you know what makes you happy.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-21-2010 12:03 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Normally I would probably harass you for liking ICP but you seem like a pretty cool guy.
Last thing you need is more harassment from what I can tell, so welcome to SS. I hope you find us supportive. Well most of us that is.
04-21-2010 12:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

thought criminal Wrote:Normally I would probably harass you for liking ICP but you seem like a pretty cool guy.
Last thing you need is more harassment from what I can tell, so welcome to SS. I hope you find us supportive. Well most of us that is.
Their whole ideology is pretty cool you guiz.

Different people like different things, and I'd prefer ICP to Lady Gaga any day. Laugh

Faith o' Meter
04-21-2010 12:48 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Meh.....
04-21-2010 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

TheOmegaJuggalo Wrote:It's one of those moments when you just want to say "fuck it all" and move to a different country.
Thanks, guys.
Ah, we're all familiar with those. Keep hangin' in there and maybe I'll buy your CD. Then maybe we can run away to Canada. Biggrin

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
04-22-2010 03:00 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

McGee! Wrote:
TheOmegaJuggalo Wrote:It's one of those moments when you just want to say "fuck it all" and move to a different country.
Thanks, guys.
Ah, we're all familiar with those. Keep hangin' in there and maybe I'll buy your CD. Then maybe we can run away to Canada. Biggrin
Sign me up.

Faith o' Meter
04-22-2010 06:18 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:
McGee! Wrote:
Thanks, guys.
Sign me up.
For the CD or the Canada part?

TOJ, as I shall call you newbie, you work hard and make a CD and I promise I'll buy a copy when i can. If not then I'll pirate your songs and pay you later. Wink

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
04-22-2010 06:53 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

At the rate humanity's going, I have no trouble imagining a future where everyone's trained to be a generic office worker, and everyone who doesn't want to work in an office is lynched.
04-22-2010 07:22 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

BobManPerson Wrote:At the rate humanity's going, I have no trouble imagining a future where everyone's trained to be a generic office worker, and everyone who doesn't want to work in an office is killed.
This.

Faith o' Meter
04-22-2010 07:31 AM
genuine anarchist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 12 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

It is possible to make a decent living out of music, if you know where to go. You don't have to be famous; you could perform for people who want your services or perform in clubs or anything, really. I don't know the details, but I've always found that if you love something enough, you'll find a way to make it work.

And just because one guy on Facebook insulted you doesn't mean everyone is a douche. Look at this site, for instance. Don't go looking to Youtube, Myspace, or Facebook for constructive criticism, and don't let one guy you probably don't know that well tell you what you can do with your life. People on FB generally have nothing better to do themselves except upload random, boring pictures of themselves for the world to comment on and update their statuses because they've just moved from their desk to the copy machine. Rolleyes Or something fascinating that they have to let all of their friends know what they're doing at that point in time.
04-22-2010 09:08 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:At the rate humanity's going, I have no trouble imagining a future where everyone's trained to be a generic office worker, and everyone who doesn't want to work in an office is killed.

Nah.

Some people have to work in the factories or go into the military so the buerecrats can get their money.

At least until robots are public use for labor and they give people the finger.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-22-2010 10:37 AM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

I get all kinds of shit for being a juggalo. It's all good though. lol people assume juggalo automatically means weird fuck who paints their face and cuts their wrists... but we aren't all bad. Glad someone other than me sees that. And as a quick note, my music will be nothing like
ICP's. Even if I do like them. Wink

To be honest, I'll probably try and make it independent and just make the CD's free and just play a lot of live shows and hope I can sell T shirts. And I am totally down for moving to Canada. lol

As for the troll comment... Fucking trolls. Fuck. Rawr. Shooting lol

04-22-2010 10:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just transferred into a new school, everyone in my classroom is a douche..... BillBelt 6 3,419 09-24-2013 10:27 PM
Last Post: Christian Hellhound
  Douche=Bag Krieg 9 2,455 10-27-2011 02:52 PM
Last Post: Efs