RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitalism Fuels Fascism
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Capitalism Fuels Fascism

Ok so in the "free market" system you have a pyramid of wealth. where supposedly the spending of the top class circulates currency towards the lower classes providing wealth to the rest of the populace.

Of course people in this form of system are lead to believe that those without any money are losers who needs to get their acts together. so those people are left to themselves, We should recognize that that person was more like a victim of an oppressive regime.
[Image: frm00015.jpg?t=1272433478]
Do you want to know how the US got out of the great depression? The answer is war! Yes most of our National income comes from selling weapons and ordinance. The truth is deeper than that, we were not only selling to the ally's but we sold tanks and artillary to Nazi Germany as well. It was a productive time where americans were happy with their new factory jobs producing ammunition shells to be lodged in to bodies of their own sons. We havn't changed since then just look at how much we invest in our military "defense LOL"
Hidden stuff:
[Image: fed-budget-2008_01.jpg]

Thus the Freemarket system does not stay in our own government but its implications means that we have to involve other countries, we can't shoot all these missiles off ourselfs!!. infact you know how businesses keep their overhead low? Outsourcing and how do we get our products from countries at such low prices? with dictators.

How do you think those dictators get into power??? They are paid by the US government by our tax money. Because everyone knows when you have a dictator people don't have any human rights and their labour can be easily exploited. This was why Saddam was put into position by us after the Persian Gulf war. So not only do the "top" get rich by shipping m4's to destitute warring African tribes,
Hidden stuff:
[Image: Mago-DSC_1455-nelikko-small.jpg]

but we make damn sure through bribes and more military "donations" that those dictators stay in power just so we can have our wallmart and so corporations have more capital to research more ways to intrude on our lifes'.

Wait I gotta go important news!, Well Looks like Israel needs some Bitchen new jets for its struggle in Southwest Asia!! I gotz to deliver the package ^^
Hidden stuff:
[Image: cmimg_531.jpg]

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
04-26-2010 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Re: Capitalism Fuels Fascism

Might as well stop calling capitalism and just call this it by its real name(corporatism).

I just can't wait for the pyramid to fall.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-26-2010 04:06 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:Might as well stop calling capitalism and just call this it by its real name(corporatism).

I just can't wait for the pyramid to fall.
I hope it actually will. From what I've seen now, we're just more and more screwed for now.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
04-26-2010 05:03 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

yo Mystery, I didn't read any of this thread

and ima let you finish

but Fascism is the greatest form of government

OF ALL

TIME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
04-26-2010 05:07 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Mystery, you are completely fucking...right?

Wtf

I think I need to go sit down for a minute.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
04-27-2010 02:49 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Mystery Wrote:shipping m4's to destitute warring African tribes,
Hidden stuff:
[Image: Mago-DSC_1455-nelikko-small.jpg]
That's an AKM. Biggrin
Rebelnerd Wrote:Mystery, you are completely fucking...right?

Wtf

This as well.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
04-27-2010 04:14 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Wtf

This is what struck me like halfway through the post. Just like DAMN.
I really hope the market just straight up collapses and america gets fucked. That would be amazing. The only thing about that though is when chaos ensues the masses look for order and when that happens they usually turn to a dictator. just look at Mussolini, Hitler, Lenin, Cesar all of the great dictators stemmed from chaos. That is the thing that scares me most about a social or economic collapse. It's like trading one evil for another even worse one. Capitalism at least puts up the guise of freedom so people aren't controlled by fear. That lets you hold radical ideas and criticize the government. I can guarantee pretty much everyone on this site would be killed or arrested by secret police if a new fascist government were to take hold.
04-27-2010 04:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

thought criminal Wrote:

Wtf

This is what struck me like halfway through the post. Just like DAMN.
I really hope the market just straight up collapses and america gets fucked. That would be amazing. The only thing about that though is when chaos ensues the masses look for order and when that happens they usually turn to a dictator. just look at Mussolini, Hitler, Lenin, Cesar all of the great dictators stemmed from chaos. That is the thing that scares me most about a social or economic collapse. It's like trading one evil for another even worse one. Capitalism at least puts up the guise of freedom so people aren't controlled by fear. That lets you hold radical ideas and criticize the government. I can guarantee pretty much everyone on this site would be killed or arrested by secret police if a new fascist government were to take hold.

Thats if we still live in america if it happens.
At this point secret police can come and put me out of my misery as I ain't going to jail or prison.

image hosting jpg
04-27-2010 06:36 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I love how all of the pro-capitalist members haven't posted in the thread yet.

Fascism is the highest degree of capitalism.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
04-27-2010 02:09 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Of course they haven't. While on SS you are free to express your opinion, anyone who doesn't express pro anarchist/communist beliefs is going to have everything they stand for shot down.
04-28-2010 01:43 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

XplodingNoggin Wrote:Of course they haven't. While on SS you are free to express your opinion, anyone who doesn't express pro anarchist/communist beliefs is going to have everything they stand for shot down.

The only pro capitalist person on here is Bobmanperson and thats because his family is rich and he tries to go by the mentality that the poor are lazy just like everybody says the rich are bastards who abuse their power.

image hosting jpg
04-28-2010 02:07 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:
XplodingNoggin Wrote:Of course they haven't. While on SS you are free to express your opinion, anyone who doesn't express pro anarchist/communist beliefs is going to have everything they stand for shot down.

The only pro capitalist person on here is Bobmanperson and thats because his family is rich and he tries to go by the mentality that the poor are lazy just like everybody says the rich are bastards who abuse their power.

For some reason I laughed like crazy.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
04-28-2010 02:11 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Faby Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:

For some reason I laughed like crazy.

No surprise as people always pick a system that they can easily exploit or what benefits them or their beliefs(everybody is guilty of this pretty much).

If bobman wasn't rich then he would be singing a different tune.

image hosting jpg
04-28-2010 02:26 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

No system created by mankind has yet to be any good, and so until mankind stops being shit and comes up with a good idea, I shall remain indecisive.
04-28-2010 03:21 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

XplodingNoggin Wrote:No system created by mankind has yet to be any good, and so until mankind stops being shit and comes up with a good idea, I shall remain indecisive.

Nothing is gonna get any better til the countries cause the end of the world and the post apocalyptic survives built their own way of life out of the remains.

image hosting jpg
04-28-2010 03:33 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

But if society as we know it disintegrated, I wouldn't survive. My only survival skills include running away from people who wish to tear my nipples off, and even then I can't run away very fast.

There, I said it. I don't want Anarchy because I'm the biggest pussy ever and would probably die. ARE YOU FUCKING SATISFIED NOW, SS!?!?
04-28-2010 03:57 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

XplodingNoggin Wrote:I don't want Anarchy because I'm the biggest pussy ever and would probably die.

Are you me?

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
04-28-2010 03:57 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

XplodingNoggin Wrote:But if society as we know it disintegrated, I wouldn't survive. My only survival skills include running away from people who wish to tear my nipples off, and even then I can't run away very fast.

There, I said it. I don't want Anarchy because I'm the biggest pussy ever and would probably die. ARE YOU FUCKING SATISFIED NOW, SS!?!?

Thats why I said post apocalyptic would have to pick up the pieces as they would be capable of surviving, alas humans are adaptable creatures and those who don't adapt will die.

So you have no hunting or survival skills?

Damn you pansy. Laugh

image hosting jpg
04-28-2010 04:15 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

lol quote fail
04-28-2010 04:19 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

XplodingNoggin Wrote:lol quote fail

Damn split personalities. Laugh

image hosting jpg
04-28-2010 04:24 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

HeartofShadows Wrote:
XplodingNoggin Wrote:But if society as we know it disintegrated, I wouldn't survive. My only survival skills include running away from people who wish to tear my nipples off, and even then I can't run away very fast.

Thats why I said post apocalyptic would have to pick up the pieces as they would be capable of surviving, alas humans are adaptable creatures and those who don't adapt will die.

So you have no hunting or survival skills?

Damn you pansy. Laugh
I have survival skills and can to some degree build things and use a gun. I'm not the worlds best marksman but I can put a whole clip into the black area of a standard NRA target.
04-28-2010 05:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

My only experience of using firearms was at this Pistol Range place at a theme park somewhere. I was not very good. This may sound crazy to you Americans, but over here you aren't allowed to own a gun with the same freedom you can in America.
04-28-2010 05:13 AM
Proudsadist Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Quote:Mystery: Blah Blah Blah

This is what fascism is:

Hidden stuff:
Fascism is a radical and authoritarian nationalist political ideology. Fascists seek to organize a nation on corporatist perspectives, values, and systems such as the political system and the economy. Scholars generally consider fascism to be on the far right of the conventional left-right political spectrum, although some scholars claim that fascism has been influenced by both the left and the right.
Fascists believe that a nation is an organic community that requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong. They claim that culture is created by collective national society and its state, that cultural ideas are what give individuals identity, and thus rejects individualism. In viewing the nation as an integrated collective community, they claim that pluralism is a dysfunctional aspect of society, and justify a totalitarian state as a means to represent the nation in its entirety. They advocate the creation of a single-party state. Fascist governments forbid and suppress openness and opposition to the fascist state and the fascist movement. They identify violence and war as actions that create national regeneration, spirit and vitality.
Fascists reject and resist autonomy of cultural or ethnic groups who are not considered part of the fascists' nation and who refuse to assimilate or are unable to be assimilated. They consider attempts to create such autonomy as an affront and threat to the nation.
Fascism is strongly opposed to core aspects of the Enlightenment and is an opponent of liberalism, Marxism, and mainstream socialism for being associated with failures that fascists claim are inherent in the Enlightenment. Fascists view egalitarianism, materialism, and rationalism as failed elements of the Enlightenment. They oppose liberalism — as a bourgeois movement — and Marxism — as a proletarian movement — for being exclusive economic class-based movements. They present their ideology as that of an economically trans-class movement that promotes ending economic class conflict to secure national solidarity. They believe that economic classes are not capable of properly governing a nation, and that a merit-based aristocracy of experienced military persons must rule through regimenting a nation's forces of production and securing the nation's independence.
Fascists support a "Third Position" in economic policy, which they believe superior to both the rampant individualism of laissez-faire capitalism and the severe control of state socialism.
Following the defeat of the Axis powers in World War II and the publicity surrounding the atrocities committed during the period of fascist governments, the term fascist has been used as a pejorative word, often referring to widely varying movements across the political spectrum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism use this for any additional information
Congratulations, a wikipedia definition of fascism. Let's use this definition for our discussion.

As for economic policy, fascists support helping already successful people while limiting working class power. This is thought to be purging the country of the weak. Thus, fascism's goal is basically "supercapitalism".

I suppose that your point, Mystery, is that capitalism is "super capitalistic", You are stating that by the very existence of economic freedom, the weak are purged out. This is true. But the ultimate point of capitalism is that the weak who try hard can get to the top. Many of the best people, including Asians, had poor backgrounds. In capitalistic society, anyone can work themselves to the top.

Also, the working class aren't as weak as you suggest. Maybe in outsourced dictatorships, yes, but I'll get to that later. In the U. S., auto workers in GM are the ultimate bitchers, and produce quite shitty cars for super-high pay (for auto workers, anyway). Under ordinary circumstances, the company would have failed, but the government stepped in to save it, continuing the shitty workers. People are being outsourced simply because workers here over- estimate their value.

Your suggestion that America helps dictators to produce a good outsourced labor source is bullshit. America is actually against the outsourcing, because as developing countries work harder and gain a technical superiority to Americans, then America loses market. Capitalism is based on getting the most labor to your own people, not to others. Outsourcing is causing major financial weakness in America, because the retards can't get jobs. Mexicans coming into the country, should they pay taxes, are good.

As for your final statement, in which Americans make money by helping other countries fight, I must agree. America, however, sells to developed countries to fight developing countries, because rebels in Africa can't afford the high quality weapons America produces. Plus, considering the financial weakness of America, they have to dominate the other countries in physical power.

My response to all of your points, typed at rant speed.
04-28-2010 05:50 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I approve PS's point.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
04-28-2010 07:25 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Proudsadist Wrote:Your suggestion that America helps dictators to produce a good outsourced labor source is bullshit. America is actually against the outsourcing, because as developing countries work harder and gain a technical superiority to Americans, then America loses market. Capitalism is based on getting the most labor to your own people, not to others. Outsourcing is causing major financial weakness in America, because the retards can't get jobs. Mexicans coming into the country, should they pay taxes, are good.
You've never heard of Banana Republics, have you? The American workers are against outsourcing, but their companies are not. It means cheaper labor and less of those pesky worker's rights laws. Corporations have a long history of influencing American foreign policy to prop up brutal anticommunist regimes, all for the benefit of US business interests. That's basically the story of our entire relationship with Iran, most of Central and South America, not to mention China and Southeast Asia. Why do you think everything you own is made there? America loves dictators as long as they'll trade with US companies.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
04-28-2010 07:33 AM
Proudsadist Offline
Revolutionary

^

It happens, but not as blatantly as you suggest. Indirectly, the dictators receive money, but in the long run, the country actually gets better through the spread of American ideals (or worse to some).
04-28-2010 08:29 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Proudsadist Wrote:Your suggestion that America helps dictators to produce a good outsourced labor source is bullshit. America is actually against the outsourcing, because as developing countries work harder and gain a technical superiority to Americans, then America loses market. Capitalism is based on getting the most labor to your own people, not to others. Outsourcing is causing major financial weakness in America, because the retards can't get jobs. Mexicans coming into the country, should they pay taxes, are good.
I don't know what rock your living under. Just because the working class and a tiny sliver of the right wing politicians don't like outsourcing doesn't mean the companies share the same views. Why do you think basically everything in your house is made in china? It's because of cheap foreign labor, relaxed workers rights in other countries and the fact that they don't have to pay people under the table to get dirt cheap workers.
04-28-2010 08:36 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Yah know if you bought a pair of jeans made entirely in the US those jeans would cost 300$.

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
04-28-2010 08:41 AM
Proudsadist Offline
Revolutionary

Yes, companies support it, but that's not because of the dictatorship, but because people in those countries are willing to work harder. Yes that's capitalism, but I think that lazy ass Americans deserve to lose out. I do not support dictatorship, but the outsourced workers carry American ideals to their country and improve it. Just look at China, it introduced capitalism after foreign influence.
04-28-2010 08:52 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Yeah, and China is a veritable human-rights Garden of Eden right now.
As for South America and Southeast Asia, the spread of "American ideals" often involves the destruction of indigenous culture and the end of self-determination. I fail to see how this will eventually improve things. When companies decide to prop up a dictator for capitalism's sake, they're not planning on letting that country mature into an American-style capitalist democracy in the end. They want it to stay a tightly-controlled work farm that will never be able to sustain itself economically without trading the products of its labor to these companies.

04-28-2010 09:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  why capitalism is horrible HighSchoolFailure1337 46 20,902 06-12-2017 06:46 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  Do you want to build fascism? thewake 2 2,725 09-19-2015 02:11 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  Capitalism is the cause of prosperity thewake 9 6,411 01-06-2013 03:46 AM
Last Post: IamNoone
  Capitalism is the cause of world hunger. UnschoolShqiponjë 27 18,264 05-30-2012 02:26 PM
Last Post: thewake
  what is mutualism: alternative to social anarchism and capitalism iexist 0 1,758 03-01-2012 12:36 PM
Last Post: iexist
  Against INdustrial Capitalism/ Civilization (DEBATE) SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT 78 32,909 02-14-2012 02:44 PM
Last Post: Aya
  Corporatism Is Not Capitalism HeartofShadows 2 2,459 10-22-2011 02:45 PM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Capitalism: The Debate thewake 257 58,803 08-08-2011 11:59 PM
Last Post: thewake
  "The Fascism Manifesto" ~Mystery~ 5 4,895 01-15-2011 06:50 PM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Technocracy/Constitutional Fascism ~Mystery~ 17 9,983 01-11-2011 09:53 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC