RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My short story (not done yet)
Sanjuro Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
My short story (not done yet)

It was a cloudy night in a small, unimportant town in Briton. The sun had ceased to shine hours ago and the moon now glowed as a proud substitute. The lot of this town slept soundly but elsewhere, trouble was fast afoot. In the old Catholic Cemetery, a group of bikes swept through the wrought iron gates. The group consisted of boys that could be described only as hoodlums. Jack, their leader, spoke. "Alright, tonight we are going to wake the dead!" he bellowed "to the potters field we go!". There was one new member in their group, a red head boy of 12 named Silas. He was unaware of what they planned for him that night. As they stepped on to the unconcarated ground, Silas sensed something was amiss.

When Jack first joined, a practical joke had been played on him. It was more cruel than funny, but all the same he imposed it on the new members mercilessly. One might describe him a wee bit of a sociopath. With each new member, his "jokes" became more and more malevolent. Tonight, his plan was to frighten young Silas by terrifying him among the solemn graves. It was doomed from the start. The police had been patrolling there since there had been cases of vandalism in the last few months. As they began their "prank", squad cars were already rolling.

Silas looked up as the moon, he could hear the other boys approaching. One of them stood beside him and, as he turned to to compliment the glowing moon, he was roughly shoved to the ground. Silas was not a very sting boy, often being describe as twiggy or weak. As a result, the fight was over in a matter of seconds. Minutes later, Silas found him self bound and being dragged towards the mausoleum of Karoline.

Karoline's mausoleum was, in local lore, haunted. The legend was that shortly after her interment in the late eighteen hundreds, her tomb had been robbed and her corpse taken by bodysnatchers. In truth, she had been exhumed for a post-mortem exam and reburied a few months later. But gossip is one of the few pastimes in a small town, so word spread quickly. Eventually, it became a schoolyard dare to sit on the mausoleum to see if she'd push you off.

"Up you go, mate" said Jack as he and his gang, with a fair bit of sweating and cursing, pushed the tied up Silas atop the low mausoleum. "Five minutes and you're one of us". "I..I..I'm not sure I want to be." Stammered Silas. Jack seemed to find this funny, people of his character often did, "Of course you do! Ta-ta now, we'll be back for you!" They had, unintentionally, lied. At that moment, as if by fate, A squad car's floodlight swept over Jack's Gang, sending them running helter-skelter away from the mausoleum. Silas struggled to get off the roof of the tomb. The last thing he remembered when later questioned was falling off and feeling the warm pain as his head struck the low grave marked only as "Mother".

When Silas came to he was in a very different graveyard. A crimson moon now flew over head and rowdy music drifted towards him from somewhere afar. This wasn't what scared him. He was looking down and his body, lying prone in some low shrubs. Stranger still, was that he wasn't the lone witness to this bizarre spectacle. On the steps of the mausoleum sat a girl who was staring at Silas in wonder.

She hopped off the steps and landed silently on the cool earth inches from Silas's face. She blinked, cocked her head to the side and walked in a circle around the petrified Silas. "You're alright" She whispered in a voice like a thousand bells. Silas seemed to have forgotten his own name. "Would you like to come with me to the party?". Silas shook his head and composed himself, a million questions came to his mind. Who are you? What party? Where am I? What just happened? Do you want to date sometime? She looked at him intently for a minute then as if she could read minds said, in a voice that never stayed at the same pitch for more than a second at a time, "I am Karoline, the Danse Macabre, you are in the graveyard on a different plane of consciousness, you fell off my tomb and hit your head, and I'll think about it". "Sure, I'll come" was all Silas could think to say to this strange, yet charming girl.

Karoline was slightly taller than Silas, who was 5' 5", with dark brunette hair down to her waist. Her eyes were sky blue. Her mouth seemed to be set in a permanent smile as she grabbed the hand of, the now blushing, Silas and pulled him towards the music.

Sir Edward Cooper was buried in a large mausoleum in the far north side of the cemetery . The living saw it as a rather large, drab stone building. The dead saw it rather differently. Loud piano riffs spilled out of the entrance with trumpets blaring loud, playful notes. Karoline pulled Silas through the door, quite literally, through the cold stone floor. They emerged in the emerged in what could have easily been, with a few exceptions, any pub in England. On the rickety wooden stage a decrepit piano was manned by man in a morning suit, his skeletal fingers flying over the keys with astonishing speed. A short man in jeans and a tattered flannel gingham shirt played a rusty trumpet with jerky, exaggerated movements. Between them Cooper sung in loud, jolly half-words. It was such a jolly scene that Silas was taken aback when he realized that all of them had been dead for some time.

"Karoline, there's a love!" said Cooper as he jumped off the stage and embraced her. "How is my favorite God Child?" He then noticed the very disheveled boy. "Who is your friend, a new burial?". Her face was as red as a dead girls could be "He is unconscious, can he stay for a while until he comes to?" He let go of Karoline and picked up Silas in a hug. "Of course he can! Are you hungry? Are you two dating? Do you, by chance, have a light?" Silas was to shocked to answer right away, but eventually got out "T..t…thank you Sir! Not that I know of and I am a bit hungry. I don't carry a light as a habit." Cooper's eyes shot towards a low bar. "Oi, Ben! Fetch this bloke some sort of vittles". A moment later a tall man behind the bar, whom Silas assumed was Ben, produced a platter of small sandwiches. "They are pretty close to the fare of the living" said Cooper, addressing Silas's main worry. "Regular cucumber sandwiches, nothing more!" Much to his surprise, they were very good. He thanked him profusely and took a seat as Cooper remounted the stage.

Cooper didn't seem to care for the benefit of a microphone, as he yelled out over the chatter of the assembled dead "Here's a new little ragtime number for all you here. This one goes out to my God Child and (he winked at Silas) her soon to be boyfriend!" The dead broke into raccoons laughter, at which Silas and Karoline blushed and glanced at each other. "Hit it!" and with that, The piano and the trumpet began to make music that has never been heard my living ears. The Tempo increased and the lanky dance of the dead began.

Silas felt himself being pulled to his feet and suddenly staring into a pair of sky blue eyes, an inch from his own. "Shall we dance?" asked a grinning Karoline. She didn't wait for Silas to answer, instead yanking him unto the dance floor. Silas had never danced with a girl before, luckily Karoline had enough experience for both of them. "Move you feet and try not to break my toes" she said with a wink. She moved his hands to her waist, causing him to blush. She giggled. Soon enough they were dancing as well as the others, even better than some. Copper noticed this and smiled. He then hopped off the stage into the crowd of dead. Singing all the while, he walked over and whispered something in Karoline's ear. She threw Silas to him and took his place on stage. Her alto was a sharp contrast to his deep, raspy, tenor. Silas suddenly felt himself being thrown around like a rag doll, thirty feet above everyone once second, then flying under them the next. He finally saw that the man responsible for this was none other than Cooper, who was laughing a raspy, devilish laugh all the while.

Terror shone in Silas's eyes as Cooper flung him through several partons onto the stage, where he landed with a thud against the piano. He pulled himself to his feet only to be abruptly jerked off of them again by a giggling Karoline.

Napalm Sticks To Kids
05-02-2010 10:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sanjuro Offline
Fanatic

Re: My short story (not done yet)

What can I add?

Napalm Sticks To Kids
05-07-2010 12:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Da Vinci rip off?

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
05-07-2010 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sanjuro Offline
Fanatic

This is who? The Da Vinchi Code? I've never read it. I saw the parody in Epic Movie though!

Napalm Sticks To Kids
05-07-2010 12:58 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

I just skimmed and whored. Silas is a character from the Da Vinci Code.

05-07-2010 01:06 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Since you spelled da Vinci's name wrong, I'm inclined to believe you on this one.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
05-07-2010 01:06 AM
Sanjuro Offline
Fanatic

I just like the name Silas, it sounds sexy.

Napalm Sticks To Kids
05-07-2010 01:09 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Ah, FUCK. I normally remember that.

05-07-2010 01:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liquor Cabinet(very short story I wrote.) Depression101 2 2,338 05-07-2017 08:22 AM
Last Post: Depression101
  A short story - "The Wrath of Candlejack" యూజర్ పేరు 31 4,530 03-14-2010 09:32 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  Nameless VERY short story I wrote a while ago? annie 1 1,424 05-04-2009 06:37 AM
Last Post: monkey
  dream turned into short story... cryptevah72 2 1,922 11-24-2008 12:56 PM
Last Post: cryptevah72
  short story i wrote at camp Rebelnerd 10 3,820 10-08-2008 01:04 PM
Last Post: Sanjuro
  short story the forgotten 4 1,749 09-10-2008 06:29 AM
Last Post: Squittle
  Short story I wrote Kitteneater 12 3,365 08-07-2008 10:15 AM
Last Post: cryptevah72
  short story I wrote for school Pyrokinetic_Punker 11 3,478 05-17-2008 09:47 AM
Last Post: dreamer...
  depressing short story I wrote last night Pyrokinetic_Punker 4 2,497 05-16-2008 02:25 PM
Last Post: dreamer...
  a short story I wrote a few minutes ago Pyrokinetic_Punker 3 1,403 11-22-2007 06:19 AM
Last Post: happy fool called Nigel