RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My junior year has FAILED so hard.
themikoinblue Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
My junior year has FAILED so hard.

Alright. First hello everybody I'm new to this website, found it by accident and I really love it so far. Now on to the rant!
First of all my school decided it was going to 'block shedule' . It has everybody going to four classes a day for I think about 1 1/2 to two hours LONG. And get this it switches from one set of four classes to another set of four classes. They are called A days and B days. We switch whenever the administration tells us to. In totally I have EIGHT classes starting this year.

Yeah! I was happy with my damn SIX and going to the same class everyday so is to know what I'm actually doing! I haven't been to French class in over A WEEK! Some kids like this because you don't have to go to the same class over and over, BUT I DON'T. I need to constantly be refreshed on the material. Oh! Another thing that annoys me to no end.

We now have a part of our school strictly for freshman called the 'freshman academy'. Guess what if your caught on that hallway and not a freshman you get,guess what..... ISS. Oh! and we have ID badges that label us as our status! Did you know that that had to re-arrange every teacher's room in the upper floor. Now I have to kick it in to high gear to get to one part of the building to another. Jesus if only I could show you guys and girls what I go through to get to class on time. People are pushing!

I want to know who the HELL thought this was a good idea. I've heard whispers about the school is that we got a new superintendant and HE came up with this bullsit. Another reason I really dislike this is now I have TWO different lunch times, one for A and B DAY. Yes! Of course the freshman get their own lunch period. Gosh, I hope I don't sound like I'm exaggerating. Why did they have to do this my Junior year, the senior class gets to leave this year.
Another quick note half of what I call 'good teachers' were fired and replaced with some half-baked ones to teach throughout the grades. On top of that the most food fights and fist fights so far this year were started by..FRESHMAN!

Am I exaggerating once again?
05-05-2010 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: My junior year has FAILED so hard.

I have to take seven different hour-long classes every day (not counting lunch), and I don't complain.
05-05-2010 12:32 PM
themikoinblue Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Well, I guess posting this was a waste of time, guess after three years things would stay the same and wouldn't change out of nowhere. Sorry if I was sounding like a spoiled brat.
05-05-2010 12:38 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Christ, that sounds kind of crappy. Not sure what to say.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
05-05-2010 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:I have to take seven different hour-long classes every day (not counting lunch), and I don't complain.
Okay, I don't complain about people that much, but really? Fucking really? Again with the "I have it worse, so fuck your problems" attitude?
Just ignore him, you're not wasting your time, it it's pissing you off, then feel free to rant about it.

Anywho...

Holy shit, you have Freshmen Academy too? Jesus shitting Christ, I'm not alone! We can't go to the same school, either, because we don't have block classes, but we do have about 70 minute classes, five periods a day (also not counting lunch), a lot different from my middle school.

Okay, I'll take a wild guess here. In your Freshman Academy, the freshman were blackmailed into showing up two weeks early. And, again, another wild guess, are separated from everyone older than them. They have "mentors" that teach them absolutely nothing, and there's a promise that if this works, there will be a Sophomore Academy the following year, and then a Junior,and then, finally, Senior academy.

It makes sense now... I looked into it, they want to nationalize this shit.
Quote:disconcerting mismatch between school policies and practices and 14-year-olds' developmental needs
• Most instruction teacher centered, with teachers lecturing and students taking notes and completing assignments
• Ability grouping and tracking were common
• 40- to 50-minute class schedule
• most high schools offered little or no guidance to help ninth-graders adjust academically and socially
• many fell by the wayside, feeling that school was "pointless and endless."Okay, since being hard asses doesn't seem to be working, lets be even BIGGER hard asses!
• even in well-managed high schools that appeared to be running smoothly, the researchers said, "something was missing" -- especially in the "flat and narrow" teacher-student interactionsNo shit Sherlocke
• predicted the ninth grade would "continue to drift" and "mirror the worst of outmoded high school practices that do little to foster positive learning for all students."
I'm not sure how much is similar, but I'll bet there's a lot in common. We have to go to a "Careers" class, that basically teaches us to be worker bees in society. Oh, and she makes us carry a binder, and then, tells you how many folders to put in it, and what side to put what on... for ALL of my classes. The entire school enforces it.

Shit, I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to by hijacking threads.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
05-05-2010 12:57 PM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Block scheduling sucks. I can't stand it. lol I like the schedule in which you have every class every day, it makes my day go by faster.
As far as the teachers... I'm sorry. That's total shit. The good ones always have to go, because as far as the schools are concerned, you should have absolutely no freedom and/or happiness, and the good teachers don't make the students miserable enough. Fuck the system.
Btw, I'm a freshman. Freshmen aren't all bad. Smile

On another note, welcome to the site.

[Image: ImmatureEntrepreneurBannersmaller.png]
Why Public Education Is Ineffective.
Check out my other articles here.
05-07-2010 07:44 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Hey Welcome

And I feel sorry about the shit happening at your school, as if school wasn't bad enough to begin with.

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
05-07-2010 08:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Entire junior class opts out of standardized test vonunov 1 2,110 08-23-2015 04:04 AM
Last Post: schoolsux
  Teen Skips H.S., Starts Junior Year of College xcriteria 7 4,375 09-18-2014 10:05 AM
Last Post: KFC Nyan Cat
  Junior year is a bitch Amortisatie 11 3,606 09-07-2010 03:07 AM
Last Post: CrayolaColours
  So I failed all my junior year classes.. miscbrah 16 11,370 06-14-2010 12:45 AM
Last Post: AWOL
  Is junior year as bad as people say it is? polexia 5 2,599 11-17-2009 08:01 AM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath