RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Compulsory Schooling Chronicle
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
My Compulsory Schooling Chronicle

Yes!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I'm finally out of that shit-stained hellhole they call compulsory schooling!! And now as a special treat for those at SS, an entire post by post chronicle of my 14 hellish years of brainwashing and my survival of it. I have a Senior Night event tonight so I'm making the first post before I go.

So, here goes:

The Survival of my 14 year sentence

Chapter I-Pre-K-Kindergarten

Pre-k:

No story for this grade level, I skipped pre-K and went to daycare instead.

Kindergarten:

Well, it was fun I guess, teachers weren't really mean, I guess it was kind of nice to sort of get us used to the idea of being forcefully schooled every day for the next 12 years. Nap time, snack time, recess, been there done that. Except the fire alarms sucked. Being in the autism spectrum, my sensitive hearing made fire drills at that school pure hell for me. Other than that little tidbit, not much to say about Kindergarten except it was just a sugarcoat for what was to come.

[Image: 200px-Anfem2.svg.png] [Image: Anarcho-Syndicalism-Anarchist-communism.jpg]
"Government is as unreal, as intangible, as unapproachable as God. Try it, if you don't believe it. Seek through the legislative halls of America and find, if you can, the Government. In the end you will be doomed to confer with the agent, as before. "-Voltairine De Cleyre
05-20-2010 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paradise Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: My Compulsory Schooling Chronicle

Its all fun and games in the beginning isn't it?

Revenge isn't simply sweet
05-20-2010 07:39 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Yup, pretty much.

[Image: 200px-Anfem2.svg.png] [Image: Anarcho-Syndicalism-Anarchist-communism.jpg]
"Government is as unreal, as intangible, as unapproachable as God. Try it, if you don't believe it. Seek through the legislative halls of America and find, if you can, the Government. In the end you will be doomed to confer with the agent, as before. "-Voltairine De Cleyre
05-20-2010 07:52 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Chapter II-1st-4th Grade

1st Grade:

It was pretty fun I guess, some maths and reading here and there. It was at this time I got my first game console, the Super NES. I remember meeting some good friends. I had a class Christmas party which was pretty fun. Well, let's just say my "ADHD" sets in and my school record turns to shit. I actually had to be carried over some bitch's shoulder to the vice principal. Talk about excessive force. After that, I learned to be careful of the top school authorities. I also start getting Ritilin in my system.

2nd Grade:

This is where my school record really turns to even deeper shit. Diagnosed with Aspergers, woohoo. Well, several neurologist and psychiatrist visits followed. I hopped schools alot, going to several different ones until going back to my original school. More work became the norm in this grade. There was still fun, but it was slowly becoming more work-focused. The friends I made and recess kept me sane. Some bitch of a teacher actually held my arms for something very minor and could have broken them if she wanted to. I can't even remember what I did for her to do that to me.

3rd Grade:

More work, started multiplication. Nothing too interesting in 3rd grade except having an awesome teacher. Well, I got to ring in the new millennium, but that's not school-related is it?

4th Grade:

I finally moved to a pretty decent school. Isolated in special ed. Didn't mind too much, but had a few normal classes. Switched drugs to one that made me sleepy all the damn time. I developed a good sense of humor. Met many friends and was a pretty fun time, despite more work. I didn't quite meet the criteria to move on to middle school, which brings me to:

4th Grade Round 2:

I heard the news about 9-11 in school. Did better in spelling. I had some fun testing the teacher's temper which resulted in her restraining me. Just for words? Seriously? I saw the Patriots crush the Rams in Superbowl 36. Recess was damn fun. Special Olympics was a blast. Other than that, not much to say about 4th grade round 2. Next post covers Middle School.

05-20-2010 12:07 PM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

This thread kinda defeats its own purpose if only one person gives feedback.

05-21-2010 12:48 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Fuck, Ritalin...
Make an IQ test and shoot your parents if it's under 110.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
05-21-2010 12:49 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Yup, but I can at least say, I'm a Ritalin survivor. Middle School is coming up later today.

05-21-2010 12:53 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

You were still irreversibly damaged.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
05-21-2010 01:41 AM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Chibi Moon Beam Wrote:Chapter II-1st-4th Grade

1st Grade:

It was pretty fun I guess, some maths and reading here and there. It was at this time I got my first game console, the Super NES. I remember meeting some good friends. I had a class Christmas party which was pretty fun. Well, let's just say my "ADHD" sets in and my school record turns to shit. I actually had to be carried over some bitch's shoulder to the vice principal. Talk about excessive force. After that, I learned to be careful of the top school authorities. I also start getting Ritilin in my system.

2nd Grade:

This is where my school record really turns to even deeper shit. Diagnosed with Aspergers, woohoo. Well, several neurologist and psychiatrist visits followed. I hopped schools alot, going to several different ones until going back to my original school. More work became the norm in this grade. There was still fun, but it was slowly becoming more work-focused. The friends I made and recess kept me sane. Some bitch of a teacher actually held my arms for something very minor and could have broken them if she wanted to. I can't even remember what I did for her to do that to me.

Diagnoses are always so much fun. Isaolation for the purpose of catching up...ugh. For "Social Development"? Dead

Quote:Switched drugs to one that made me sleepy all the damn time.

Paxil?

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
05-21-2010 03:17 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Maybe so, Anyways, on to Middle School.

Chapter III-Middle School 5th-8th grade

5th Grade:

New school, Met some friends, but still was in an isolated special ed class with only 1 normal class: Band. I enjoyed band, got to play the drums and it was all good. I became more of a class clown in my middle school years. I got some good laughs from some silly friends. No recess this time around but a Friday activity every week as was the case in 4th grade. I have to say, the teacher's aides that around my first year kinda sucked. They used this behavior based bullshit level system similar to the behavioral rank system used in 4th grade. I actually made it to the highest level once, but ruined it all which had me crying over it. Thanks alot, school, you got me crying over a stupid ranking system. Since 4th grade they used a notebook to tell my parents basically what shit went down that day or what good stuff went down. And throughout the year, I think it may have stopped in 7th or 8th grade, I don't know. We had this bullshit journal writing prompt. On the day that I ruined my highest behavior level, I actually ripped out the page with communication entry on it and just wrote something good on there. Yeah, dumb, I know. But it felt good at the time to somehow stand up against a wicked retarded system. I can't even remember what I did to ruin my rank either. some of the work was easy so I guess i couldn't complain too much. That's about it for 5th grade. That and about 3 more Special Olympics events through 7th grade.

6th Grade:

6th grade was a bit tougher, we had a bit more work, and harder work. I switched to Aderal and Paxil at the same damn time. Yes, 2 motherfucking meds at the same time every day! Yay, More irreversible damage! (sarcasm) I had a new band teacher who would be teaching my band for 6th and 7th grade. I went to a couple of band field trips. Other fun field trips. I was making a custom shirt one day and wrote "hard on" on it and I had no idea what that meant at the time. I just thought it was an innocent tough phrase. Seeing the teacher's aide's reaction was kinda funny. That was about it for 6th grade.

7th Grade:

This was a changing year for me, I got into the darker more goth side of things, liked more metal, black metal, I even wanted to make my own black metal band. Lol, yeah. I had some redhead teacher actually wasn't that bad. There were those moments when should turn to bitchy fire crotch mode,but other than that, she wasn't so bad. I reunited with my friend I met in 4th grade. The issues is while he was nice in 4th grade, he was a total jerk to me when I reunited with him. I can't believe I actually put up with his crap. I met one of my closest friends ever in that grade as well. I had an awesome science teacher, but we had some bullshit 25 Q's + A's assignment for each unit. The answers had to be in complete fucking sentences, too. I had an awesome computer teacher who called herself the queen of lazy because she always tried to find the fastest commands on the computer. I talked to my neurologist suggesting I get off those motherfucking drugs. He made the excuse that most kids my age at the time still needed them. We agreed on an experiment to take me off the damn things. I proved that misinformed doctor damn wrong. I am now a psychhotropic drug survivor. I still got some damage, but I'm thankful I stopped before more irreversible damage could be done. Suck on that, mental health industry! That's about it for 7th grade.

8th Grade:

Ok, here I spent the first half in my home state (Massachusetts, which I've lived for 13.5 years of my life since my birth) and the other half I spent in the south. The first half, I had an awesome history teacher who always made his lessons fun. A cool science teacher. I was taken out of band due to my imminent move to the south. I had high hopes for the south, but it wasn't until high school I discovered how much I hated Georgia. I respect you if you live here and love it here, but I can't stand it here. We had these bullshit Weekly Reader assignments. I met my best friend down here. I even helped him steal a fellow classmate's agenda. You don't want to know here my friend hid it. The school system is messed up compared to what I'm used to. elementary school down here is 1st-5th grade. Middle school is 5th-8th grade. That's about it for 8th grade.

MCAS:

MA's standardized test, hella hard, nuff said.

CRCT:

GA's standardized test, easy, nuff said. Except I failed the math section and I had to retake it over the summer and pass it to move on to high school.

05-21-2010 04:47 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

McGee! Wrote:
Chibi Moon Beam Wrote:\

Paxil?

Nope, Clonodine

05-21-2010 04:49 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Ok, the moment you've all been waiting for: It's.......... High School

Chapter IV-High School 9th-12th Grade AKA The Worst 4 Years of my Life

9th Grade-Freshman Year:

Like it was all fun and games before grade school, it was all fun and games before seeing the true face of high school. Work was piss easy, teachers were nice except for this one bitch who taught maths who later in the year turned out to be not that bad. There was a bitchy assistant teacher who I will always vow to forget. My best friend acted really stupid this year and getting tons of ISS and OSS. 9th grade was an easy year except I suck at maths.

10th Grade-Sophomore Year:

High school's true nature reared its ugly head. The classes gave me more work and harder work. I had homework shooting out my ass. I still had awesome teachers, though, like my speech teacher and drama teacher. My best friend almost called that bitchy assistant teacher a bitch and actually had to go to some alternative academy and go to the current school for only 1 measly period the next year. There were some fun projects and excellent teachers. I asked out my fiance during this year. A teacher replaced a recently retired teacher for some social skills class I had to take, but hated. Little did I know it would only get worse next year. I also met a so called friend who turned out to be a backstabbing piece of Poop , but other than that, that's 10th grade in a nutshell.

11th Grade-Junior Year:

This year was the motherfucking peak of high school's nature. I had 5 motherfucking big tests paired with 2 semesters of final exams and end of course tests. I was up to my neck in homework and work. I did manage to ace the writing grad test with a perfect score and get an award for it. I met a couple more friends, but all throughout high school I got picked on, these brainwashed people need to grow up. I met another friend turned backstabbing piece of Poop I had an awesome lenient web design teacher who never really stuck by his warnings. He threatened to write people up, but never did even once during the whole year. When it came to school arbitrary discipline that the teachers are expected to follow through with, he was all talk. Then some awesome US history teachers that actually had us participate in a holocaust activity, then taught US history through music. And my American Literature class with one of the best English teachers I've met.

12th Grade-Senior Year:

This year has probably been the most eye-opening, most depressing, and yet happiest year all at the same time. Each for very specific reasons. Eye-opening because I realized just how hopelessly brainwashed the majority of the students were. It's sad, a majority of them had no idea of what individuality and originality were and if they had any ideas about it at all it would be that they thought it was bad. All they knew was that conformity is law, conformity is peace, conformity is freedom, and conformity is strength, it's pathetic. Everyone always asks me why I'm not doing what everyone else doing. Depressing, because I learned how messed up the system really is and because of mean teachers. The fat bitch who runs the main comp lab actually threatened to write me up and I stopped what I was doing before she could actually do it, or so I thought. So the bitch wrote me up anyway, just for calling her out on her bullshit. Apparently in public schools the definition of free speech is insubordination. It's fucking bullshit. My reputation with the admins saved me, I got an admin warning when I could have gotten a detention or worse. I came in a Socialist, became an Anarchist, then became a Minarchist, then became an Anarcho-Communist and came out staying that way. I had more awesome teachers and finally got out of that social skills class it took me 3yrs of curricular bullshit to get out of it. This year was the happiest for an obvious reason...............

I'm finally out of this state-funded educational terrorist shithole and can finally get out there and live my damn life!!!

And that's the end of my journey through compulsory schooling. All that's lef tnow, is practice and the graduation ceremony.

The last chapter will cover my final thoughts on each grade level and the whole 14 years in general

05-22-2010 03:52 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Ok, the moment you've all been waiting for: It's.......... High School

Chapter IV-High School 9th-12th Grade AKA The Worst 4 Years of my Life

9th Grade-Freshman Year:

Like it was all fun and games before grade school, it was all fun and games before seeing the true face of high school. Work was piss easy, teachers were nice except for this one bitch who taught maths who later in the year turned out to be not that bad. There was a bitchy assistant teacher who I will always vow to forget. My best friend acted really stupid this year and getting tons of ISS and OSS. 9th grade was an easy year except I suck at maths.

10th Grade-Sophomore Year:

High school's true nature reared its ugly head. The classes gave me more work and harder work. I had homework shooting out my ass. I still had awesome teachers, though, like my speech teacher and drama teacher. My best friend almost called that bitchy assistant teacher a bitch and actually had to go to some alternative academy and go to the current school for only 1 measly period the next year. There were some fun projects and excellent teachers. I asked out my fiance during this year. A teacher replaced a recently retired teacher for some social skills class I had to take, but hated. Little did I know it would only get worse next year. I also met a so called friend who turned out to be a backstabbing piece of Poop , but other than that, that's 10th grade in a nutshell.

11th Grade-Junior Year:

This year was the motherfucking peak of high school's nature. I had 5 motherfucking big tests paired with 2 semesters of final exams and end of course tests. I was up to my neck in homework and work. I did manage to ace the writing grad test with a perfect score and get an award for it. I met a couple more friends, but all throughout high school I got picked on, these brainwashed people need to grow up. I met another friend turned backstabbing piece of Poop I had an awesome lenient web design teacher who never really stuck by his warnings. He threatened to write people up, but never did even once during the whole year. When it came to school arbitrary discipline that the teachers are expected to follow through with, he was all talk. Then some awesome US history teachers that actually had us participate in a holocaust activity, then taught US history through music. And my American Literature class with one of the best English teacher I've met.

12th Grade-Senior Year:

This year has probably been the most eye-opening, most depressing, and yet happiest year all at the same time. Each for very specific reasons. Eye-opening because I realized just how hopeless brainwashed the majority of the students were. It's sad, a majority of them had no idea of what individuality and originality were and if they had any ideas about it at all it would be that they thought it was bad. All they knew was that conformity is law, conformity is peace, conformity is freedom, and conformity is strength, it's pathetic. Everyone always asks me why I'm not doing what everyone else doing. Depressing, because I learned how messed up the system really is and because of mean teachers. The fat bitch who runs the main comp lab actually threatened to write me up and I stopped what I was doing before she could actually do it, or so I thought. So the bitch wrote me up anyway, just for calling her out on her bullshit. Apparently in public schools the definition of free speech is insubordination. It's fucking bullshit. My reputation with the admins saved me, I got an admin warning when I could have gotten a detention or worse. I came in a Socialist, became an Anarchist, then became a Minarchist, then became an Anarcho-Communist and came out staying that way. I had more awesome teachers and finally got out of that social skills class it took me 3yrs of curricular bullshit to get out of it. From April, I refused to stand for the pledge until the last day and never got caught until the last day. By the time I was caught the pledge was already over and I only had to stand for like a second before I could sit back down again. This year was the happiest for an obvious reason...............

I'm finally out of this state-funded educational terrorist shithole and can finally get out there and live my damn life!!!

And that's the end of my journey through compulsory schooling. All that's left now, is practice and the graduation ceremony.

The last chapter will cover my final thoughts on each grade level and the whole 14 years in general

05-22-2010 04:28 AM
Chibi Moon Beam Offline
Renegade

Chapter V-Final Thoughts

Chapter I Final Thoughts:

As expected, easy and fun. It was all just to remind me what true freedom is before we're all brainwashed to forget it the coming 12 years.

Chapter II Final Thoughts:

Started out awful with all the school hopping, 4th grade turned out to be pretty fun. My mind is still not caving in, though. Nice try, Ritalin, and Clonodine.

Chapter III Final Thoughts:

Messed up system, indeed. Good and bad shit went down, but all shit altogether. High school would be worse.

Chapter IV Final Thoughts:

Looking back 10 years from now, I would still call this period the worst 4 years of my life. Good riddance and good fucking night to the steaming pile of Poop they have the audacity to call secondary "education." I would never go back to that shithole ever again. If there's any blatant sign that compulsory schooling is for brainwashing and not for education, it's here in high school. I wouldn't even go back if my diploma was found invalid.

Final Thoughts:

So was all this school as bad as I thought it was?????

Short Answer: Hell, yes it was!!!

Long Answer: It is so blatantly put in front of you in high school. The system is flawed and has sinister intents. It fails at a purpose it was never intended for. Along with the authoritarian regimes, legal criminals, institutional mayhem, hatred of dissent, and whole load of other shit. The system really is a conspiracy by all-powerful corporations for obedient work-force zealots and wage slaves. It's a wonder I was able to avoid the same fate so many others that come out of school face. To have the only three thoughts the government wants in there head........ Work, vote, consume.

Thread is now open for more feedback.

05-22-2010 06:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The School Survival Movement: Abolish Compulsory Schooling GamerGurl 123 41,404 12-24-2016 10:28 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  video- Compulsory Schooling Must Be Abolished - Cevin Soling stevehein 0 1,363 04-11-2016 09:00 AM
Last Post: stevehein
  Compulsory schooling and Conscription: Modern day slavery ComradeDaryl 21 6,576 11-13-2015 07:11 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Compulsory Schooling laws MurkScribe 2 1,477 06-28-2015 05:08 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Why school should be compulsory 4r4b7 48 11,425 06-27-2015 10:39 PM
Last Post: thesupremeanarchist
  A question about non-compulsory schooling and the economy/job skills Trar 4 3,765 12-08-2013 09:00 AM
Last Post: Trar
  Why Do We Need Compulsory Schooling? stevehein 6 2,900 06-23-2013 05:19 PM
Last Post: stevehein
  Compulsory reading. LedoS 28 6,301 02-20-2012 11:45 PM
Last Post: Blobthe15
  Questions about abolishing compulsory schooling... TheCancer 27 7,924 12-16-2009 10:17 PM
Last Post: Ceiling Cat
  one way we can end compulsory education youvebeenthunderstruck 5 1,773 09-21-2007 10:36 PM
Last Post: Darthmat