RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too young to drink ,too stupid to care.
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)
Too young to drink ,too stupid to care.

I'm pretty fucking torn right now. Because I realized that I get away with ALOT of dangerous shit, and I'm not sure if I've just had the greatest time of my life or totally just made another turning point.
It all happened yesterday

I think I may have had alcohol poisoning, i

Before I go into this, I'm 15, I'm about 5"7, 138 lbs, and I'm kinda skinny for my height, my ribs show, stick legs and arms,etc.

All I ate yesterday was a glass of chocolate soy milk, a 50 calorie apple sauce, 100 calorie bread thin, and some grains of autumn wheat cereal.

Skip to good parts, so anyway, I get out of the library, and I'm hungry. But I wanted to get some vodka and walk along the train tracks ( I don't know why I do this), but instead I end up getting a blast.

2:00--> go to park on blast get really drunk

3:00---> Some christian charity guy gives us some vegetarian pizza and I have a couple bites, and a couple bites of a vegetarian sandwich. Really breddy.

5:00---> Get some swigs of strong ass whiskey from some chick ( not sure if she put anything in it). i'm really REALLY fucked up. I keep seeing people I know from school and they telling me I am a mess. My friend has to walk me to the bathroom or I would've peed on myself.

6:00--> Eat a few pieces of bread.Fall asleep on some guy .

7:00--> Through up all over my self, yet still asleep. Thank god he was still alseep.

8:00---> Throw up some more then I wake up, covered in my own vomit, really tired dirt everywhere. Guy I was sleeping on is still knocked out

I stay sitting there for an hour talking, and then manage to get up and catch the bus home in the middle of the night. BY this time I look a fucking mess, I'm covered in my own dirt, and vomit and I smell terrible. My head is swimming and I beleive to be experiencing nausea.

I get home yeah parents are worried as hell, my dad so pissed he makes me sit on the steps and hes says hes caling juvy, at this point i honestly don't care, and after sleeping in the fucking part cement is like a fucking cotton bed to me. The thing is they try so hard to make me feel as though I'm a fool, and I'm a laughing stock, but not really. My dad makes me go to my neighbors to shower and get a talk with her and my mom and then i go home.

So anyway do you think I should not drink beer anymore? I've done Four Loko but that didn't get me sick. Also I woke up at 6 am today, thinking I had to throw up, I tried throwing up but nothing would come out because I didn't eat for like 12 hours. SO I realize that I'm actually starving and I go down stairs and guiltlessly eat.

I'm not sure if it was the beer that did it or was it the fact that I did it on an empty stomache? I've never really did malt liquor, I always drink vodka and champagne. Well I've done Four Loko, but that didn't get me sick for some reason it just gave me a 24 hour stoned hangover.

Also, I'm not sure If I should feel bad about doing any of this and upsetting my parents. I know I'm a total dissapointment to everyone.
BUt then there that part of me that's like, well the things they want me to be are totally not me, and totally just stupid and pointless to me. It's hard to express myself to them because everything I like or do they think I'm crazy and being brainwashed.

But you know what, I hope my life ends up like Donnie Darko, at the end when he was just sitting in his bed laughing, as the entire world falls apart.

Also I've been listening to this song constantly for the last hour

Watch on YouTube

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
07-13-2011 10:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)
Re: Should I stop drinking????

usual night.artist thread, move along

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
07-13-2011 10:14 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I'm a teetotaler, thus I have no experience with drinking, but I would surmise you have a problem. Might want to quit before this gets out of hand? Wait, I think it already has.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-13-2011 10:14 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

tl;dr: you got pissed, your choice if you want to stop or carry on drinking.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
07-13-2011 11:19 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)
Re: Too young to drink ,too stupid to care.

how does beer handle
07-13-2011 11:52 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

FuckingSpiderman Wrote:how does beer handle

I think this is sound question advice for thread if I were you.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
07-14-2011 02:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I honestly think you have a problem and need to get it together. Getting wasted and puking your guts out is never a good sign.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
07-14-2011 03:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

batboy138 Wrote:I honestly think you have a problem and need to get it together. Getting wasted and puking your guts out is never a good sign.
I know about signs. If you're skilled enough you can read the puke like tea leaves and predict the future.

07-14-2011 03:18 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Weswammy Wrote:
batboy138 Wrote:I honestly think you have a problem and need to get it together. Getting wasted and puking your guts out is never a good sign.
I know about signs. If you're skilled enough you can read the puke like tea leaves and predict the future.

I think I love you.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
07-14-2011 03:21 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Faby Wrote:
Weswammy Wrote:

I think I love you.

Watch on YouTube

07-14-2011 03:22 AM
Sc00lh8er24 Offline
buttcrying buttears from my own butt

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Fucking dumbass. If you get drunk, get drunk enough. I drink enough vodka to reach the perfect drunk. Passing off isn't as fun as being a little vodka buzzed.
07-14-2011 04:20 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

I know your relationship with your parents sucks and life seems really mundane and boring to you, but by doing crazy shit like that you'll just end up worse.

How many bottles of beer did you drink? You obviously drank too much. IF you do drink do it responsibly. Stop drinking more than you can, and be careful who you hang out with, try not to get an STD or some shit. Or raped. Or killed.

You should obviously try to get out more since your relation with your parents is so fucked but you don't have to do reckless shit like that. Try finding one group to hang out with that you can trust instead of always meeting random people you don't know. If that's even possible.

If not just get addicted to videogames and "waste your time" in them like everyone else in SS seems to do, since the world is so pointless. Seems more healthy than drinking shittons of alcohol from people you don't know and vomiting all over the place. Laugh
Sorry for not bothering to argue with you about that FML.

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-14-2011 06:29 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Wow well she's living life on the edge...

TO THE EXTREME!!!

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
07-14-2011 11:26 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Getting drunk on the street and throwing up all over yourself is not a cool thing to do, and it's got nothing to do with freedom, if that's the reason you're doing it. Seriously, that's a loser thing to do, in 5 years time you'll think back and realise what a fool you were.

And fight club is a bunch of crap, it's got nothing to do with philosophy, it's a pseudophilosophic movie with clever sounding lines. There's a reason why stupid teenagers love fight club and real philosophers don't give a shit about it, because it sucks.

Is this where you want to be in 10 years?
Hidden stuff:
[Image: homeless-women.jpg]

Because that's the direction you're heading in. Maybe that woman thought it was cool to act like a drunk homeless person on the streets when she was your age.
07-14-2011 02:54 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

psychopath Wrote:Is this where you want to be in 10 years?
Hidden stuff:

[Image: hobos.jpg]
If you want to be homeless, go with the hobo subculture. It's more "free."

07-14-2011 10:55 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Quote:All I ate yesterday was a glass of chocolate soy milk

That must have cut your mouth up.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
07-15-2011 05:20 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Lunatic Wrote:I know your relationship with your parents sucks and life seems really mundane and boring to you, but by doing crazy shit like that you'll just end up worse.

How many bottles of beer did you drink? You obviously drank too much. IF you do drink do it responsibly. Stop drinking more than you can, and be careful who you hang out with, try not to get an STD or some shit. Or raped. Or killed.

You should obviously try to get out more since your relation with your parents is so fucked but you don't have to do reckless shit like that. Try finding one group to hang out with that you can trust instead of always meeting random people you don't know. If that's even possible.

If not just get addicted to videogames and "waste your time" in them like everyone else in SS seems to do, since the world is so pointless. Seems more healthy than drinking shittons of alcohol from people you don't know and vomiting all over the place. Laugh
Sorry for not bothering to argue with you about that FML.

Yeah, but I think some parts of life our worth living going in your own path. I think i am becoming an alcoholic, all i did today was dream of a mikes hard lemonade as i was stealing coffee from 7 eleven.

I'm pretty fine with the parent bullshit. My father comes home and yells at me everyday but I'm just too desensitized to even bother caring.

I do think I abuse alcohol slightly because I drink because i am shy, and when I'm drunk I'm not afraid to socialize, but the only problem is that they don't see the real me.

I'll admit, I'm not sure if you've ever been drunk, but that was one of the best nights i've had all week. And I was with people that werent out to hurt me, this 30 year old drug dealer let me cuddle on him and fall asleep and I was being watched by a bunch of punks.

I think life is pointless, but I try to have a good time and not waste too much of it. Because you never know what could happen. I wanna have fun and live on my own meaningful path. Meaning as in following morals and shit, which I do believe i have. Even though I still have that fuck everything side, which explains the alcoholism.

But I'd never be able to waste my time on videogames like everyone else I like to be in the real world and touching actual humans and things.

Drinking and being in the streets is fun as hell, exciting and dangerous as shit. I've gotten away with alot, and I travel alone as a girl.

It's a slippery slope and I'm sure i'd get bored of it if that was all I did, but sometimes, I think it's okay to throw away your fears and be like FUCK IT.

I'm learning to let go of my fears, but I don't wanna do it through alcohol. I don't think anyone should through substances, it comes from within. So I agree, getting drunk all the time is pretty drunk in certain circumstances.

But it is a plausible sport.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

07-15-2011 10:28 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

psychopath Wrote:Getting drunk on the street and throwing up all over yourself is not a cool thing to do, and it's got nothing to do with freedom, if that's the reason you're doing it. Seriously, that's a loser thing to do, in 5 years time you'll think back and realise what a fool you were.

And fight club is a bunch of crap, it's got nothing to do with philosophy, it's a pseudophilosophic movie with clever sounding lines. There's a reason why stupid teenagers love fight club and real philosophers don't give a shit about it, because it sucks.

Is this where you want to be in 10 years?
Hidden stuff:

Because that's the direction you're heading in. Maybe that woman thought it was cool to act like a drunk homeless person on the streets when she was your age.

This has nothing to do with the fight club, i just like the song. I honestly have no oppinion on the Fight Club because I havent even read the book, but the movie was pretty overrated.

I;ll be wherever i have to in 10 years. I'm still in summer school, and I've decided unless my parents seriously kick me out then I shouldn't dropout because I wanna have some kind of job opportunity just incase I decide to conform like everyone else. And besides you cant do shit unless you are 18.
Also, I'm anti-work, so maybe i will end up travelling and going to eurofestivals and living in abandoned buildings for a while.
Oh yeah you can just give up on the homeless propaganda, I know so many homeless, jobless people who are clean, having a great time and are actually very intelligent, intelligent enough to realize that the workforce and paying for housing is stupid.

07-15-2011 10:33 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Quote:And I was with people that werent out to hurt me, this 30 year old drug dealer let me cuddle on him and fall asleep and I was being watched by a bunch of punks.

*Hatemylifeiwanttodie thinks...*

[Image: tumblr_lmt0crys9w1qf683ho1_500.gif]

*I think...*

[Image: tumblr_llq9rkTARU1qffn17o1_400.gif]

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
07-15-2011 11:39 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

god dam youre gonna get rapedlol
07-15-2011 12:07 PM
alexander144 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:stealing coffee from 7 eleven.

[Image: Cant-tell-if-troll-or-just-stupid.jpg]

Goes for the rest of thread to but that just seems like such a troll thing to put in.
07-15-2011 02:59 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Two things you should consider:

1.) Only getting semi-drunk so you can still function on a sensible level if there's a risk of getting hurt or caught.

And.

2.) Only getting shitfaced to a point were you can't think when you're in a place that will allow you to do it without getting caught or killed.

If you seriously think you're becoming an alcoholic, do what you need to do to stop. Becoming an alcoholic is much the same as becoming a drug-addict. It fucking sucks. I've never had issues with alcohol, but I know some people who have, and you don't want to turn out like them.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
07-15-2011 03:19 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

alexander144 Wrote:
hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:stealing coffee from 7 eleven.

[Image: Cant-tell-if-troll-or-just-stupid.jpg]

Goes for the rest of thread to but that just seems like such a troll thing to put in.

[Image: not-sure-if-joke-is-not-funny-or-if-meme...ng-old.jpg]

07-16-2011 04:02 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

savagesociety Wrote:I do think I abuse alcohol slightly because I drink because i am shy, and when I'm drunk I'm not afraid to socialize, but the only problem is that they don't see the real me.

I'll admit, I'm not sure if you've ever been drunk, but that was one of the best nights i've had all week. And I was with people that werent out to hurt me, this 30 year old drug dealer let me cuddle on him and fall asleep and I was being watched by a bunch of punks.

I think life is pointless, but I try to have a good time and not waste too much of it. Because you never know what could happen. I wanna have fun and live on my own meaningful path. Meaning as in following morals and shit, which I do believe i have. Even though I still have that fuck everything side, which explains the alcoholism.

Drinking and being in the streets is fun as hell, exciting and dangerous as shit. I've gotten away with alot, and I travel alone as a girl.

I'm learning to let go of my fears, but I don't wanna do it through alcohol. I don't think anyone should through substances, it comes from within. So I agree, getting drunk all the time is pretty drunk in certain circumstances.
You pretty much answered your own question... it's possible to get out of shyness just by talking to people regularly and having you try to get out of it, as you get more comfortable with them you'll grow confidence. Alcohol in excess will just fuck you up in the end, it kills your brain cells and shit.
A drug dealer doesn't seem like a very harmless person either.

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-16-2011 10:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Indignities of Being Young SoulRiser 23 8,372 05-01-2017 02:29 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  I thought just like you when I was young LiptomaticMate 11 6,181 12-24-2012 06:45 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  school logo makes us drink! Remaining_Anonymous (R.A) 6 2,786 01-13-2007 02:57 AM
Last Post: Remaining_Anonymous (R.A)