RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So im skippin school, chillin on my laptop, and my moms home
Denied Offline
Banned

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: So im skippin school, chillin on my laptop, and my moms home

At least not Mississippi.
06-03-2010 06:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Because I'm late to the part i guess I'm starting now.

I miss a day of school almost every week, may not be as many as him, but I'm a pretty good actress and my mom is fine with me staying here. Maybe he has been learning? Maybe not researching one subject directly, but looking up random stuff? You learn something new everyday, like today I learned that undoing your shirt in front of your guy friend's little brother will lead to him being tackled, but anyways.

He'll learn to type/spell/GRAMMAR TIEM later, I mean he's already getting better.

Anyways to the person that created this thread, I'm too lazy to find your name, need someone to talk to and I'm all ears. I'm sad to say I probably don't have the guts to set my GPA on fire as long as my mom is watching.

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
06-03-2010 07:06 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:Laugh You're fucking kidding me, right? 110 absences? That's about 1/3 of your school days gone right there. And if you were bored and already knew everything, why not learn more? I'm sorry, but 110 absences is... Ridiculous. You could've been doing anything in that time, and yet you choose to chill on your laptop? You could've gone to school and done something productive against the school, rather than just adding another piece of paperwork on their desk. Really, all you've succeeded in doing is reaffirming their belief that minors are immature and irresponsible. I'm not going to condone this because it was your little Fu to the school, it wasn't productive in the slightest. It didn't achieve anything personal or in the bigger picture.
Fucking hell this.

woah dude
dude woah
06-03-2010 07:07 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:Because conforming to the stereotypes applied to teenagers only helps to make people think that we're immature and irresponsible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AwleFxtAxU
^Relevant in a roundabout way. Also awesome.

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
06-03-2010 07:18 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I'm chillin' on my PC right now. I guess that's a blatant waste of time rite? I should do productive things all day every day so that nobody will think I'm a lazy loser who just wants to freeload... oh wait they won't think that because I already live on my own and pay rent.

If you're going to bitch at people for chilling, you need to bitch at everyone who does it, not just teenagers, otherwise you're being an ageist prick.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-03-2010 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Denied Offline
Banned

Just having chillin' as a lifestyle. 6 hours a day of school can easily be spent doing something productive, especially since it's a shitty school and there's no homework.
06-03-2010 09:36 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Denied Wrote:In school you learn something, but you learn nothing just endlessly cruising the bullshit in the internet.

I myself learned quite a bit on infrasound yesterday just by reading the comments on a Zelda soundtrack video.
06-03-2010 09:47 AM
Denied Offline
Banned

Like what?
06-03-2010 10:03 AM
jeanleryml Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

A.B.W.A.G Wrote:My school is super Asian/ difficult, so that doesn't apply to me. Jawdrop 2cents 2cents 2cents

Quote:LOL, id prefer a challenging school to one that blows as hard as mine does, i think were like 10th from last in the state when it comes to high schools. Its sad really. I'm actually smarter than a couple of the top 10 in my class, but because i pretty much took my GPA, crumpled it into a ball, lit it on fire then spread the ashes in the ocean.....well I'm pretty low on the list.

I also prefer the school that gives more accurate teaching and one that make me think well. I know that with this kind of school, I could be able to develop my performance and my knowledge. Difficulty will make you smarter in analyzing and thinking, even though you have to compete to other geniuses in school.
06-03-2010 01:50 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:If you're going to bitch at people for chilling, you need to bitch at everyone who does it, not just teenagers, otherwise you're being an ageist prick.

I do bitch at adults for chilling for 2640 hours a year.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
06-04-2010 04:07 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

It's too hot to chill here.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
06-04-2010 04:09 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Unless you get inside the Fridge?
06-04-2010 05:44 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Freezer moar like.

06-04-2010 08:25 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Just for giggles: what do you define as non-chillin? Something painful? Unpleasant? It can't be pleasant or painless, or else how would you tell the difference between learning (supposedly non-chillin) and simply browsing the internet?

Also Duelix, your answer doesn't matter so you might as well not bother.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
06-04-2010 10:11 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Faby Wrote:Just for giggles: what do you define as non-chillin? Something painful? Unpleasant? It can't be pleasant or painless, or else how would you tell the difference between learning (supposedly non-chillin) and simply browsing the internet?

Also Duelix, your answer doesn't matter so you might as well not bother.

I would define 'just chillin'' as not (intentionally) learning/doing something productive. I don't mind chilling in small amounts, but 2640 hours a year is ridiculous, especially when you can go to the school library for about 1/4 of those hours.

06-04-2010 11:11 PM
schoolfights Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I like chilling, I like going for an entire month without doing a single productive thing. Being unproductive when necessary IS actually productive, Because if you never take care of your own mental well-being, you won't be very productive when you're trying to be productive anyway.

http://school fights
06-13-2010 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Motherfucking spambot.

06-14-2010 12:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My moms high school suggestion Missile 8 4,673 03-06-2015 12:41 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
Bug Post High-School Memories and Home School Emberline 9 3,710 07-03-2014 04:46 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  School suspends girl for helping her drunk friend get home/ 154bmag 12 6,064 10-18-2013 01:04 PM
Last Post: (´・ω・`)
  how do i hax skool laptop?!?! SwiftEscudo 5 5,771 06-02-2012 12:09 PM
Last Post: IamNoone
  My moms being a bitch as usual. monkey 5 7,869 07-30-2010 11:48 AM
Last Post: monkey
  My moms sending me away!!!! The Apathy 21 5,126 02-21-2008 05:20 PM
Last Post: Agnapostate