RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I failed all my junior year classes..
miscbrah Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
So I failed all my junior year classes..

To sum it up, I had a difficult life the past year and missed out on school a lot.. As a result I completely failed all my classes.. My grades from previous terms aren't that good either.. I was thinking over my plan which consisted of me moving, making up all the work > getting my high school degree, joining the army> serve 4 years, get out go to a community college for 2 years transfer out to a decent college..
Do you think this plan is solid, care to offer suggestions?
Thanks
06-02-2010 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)
Re: So I failed all my junior year classes..

Seems good, although you might want to try getting a GED before joining the army.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
06-03-2010 12:03 AM
miscbrah Offline
Defiant

why if I'm getting my diploma
06-03-2010 12:29 AM
Denied Offline
Banned

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Good idea.
06-03-2010 12:43 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Having a GED just looks really good on a resume, and it'll net you a job with a bit more ease.

06-03-2010 01:40 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:joining the army> serve 4 years, get out
Fine as long as you don't end up in some silly war and end up dying or being maimed horribly.

What are your reasons for wanting to join the army? 'Cause you could probably achieve all the same things if you just skip that part. Unless you actually want to march around a lot and get yelled at by a bunch of control freaks.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-03-2010 02:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

SoulRiser Wrote:
Fine as long as you don't end up in some silly war and end up dying or being maimed horribly.

What are your reasons for wanting to join the army? 'Cause you could probably achieve all the same things if you just skip that part. Unless you actually want to march around a lot and get yelled at by a bunch of control freaks.

It pays a shitton and you get moved to the bottom of the conscription list.

06-03-2010 02:39 AM
miscbrah Offline
Defiant

SoulRiser Wrote:

I don't feel like paying off student loans for 5+ years
06-03-2010 08:39 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Oh okay. That sucks.

So a choice between pay off loans for 5 years, or march around and get yelled at (and essentially lose control over 90% of your time) for 4 years... oh and the possibility of being shot at.

Personally I'd pick the loans, but that may just be me.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-03-2010 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Denied Offline
Banned

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I'd pick army. Nowadays, you mostly just sit around.
06-03-2010 12:03 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Denied Wrote:I'd pick army. Nowadays, you mostly just sit around.
In Afghanistan.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
06-03-2010 12:07 PM
miscbrah Offline
Defiant

SoulRiser Wrote:Oh okay. That sucks.

So a choice between pay off loans for 5 years, or march around and get yelled at (and essentially lose control over 90% of your time) for 4 years... oh and the possibility of being shot at.

Personally I'd pick the loans, but that may just be me.
Well it's not only that.. first off my situation at home isn't exactly calm.. I raged so hard that I have seen stars afterwards.. and trust me when I say this I have more then a reason..
My plan to join the army isnt only for education, but to also to get away from my life, explore the world.. The army will cover my shitty vision plus when I get out ill also have around 70+k based on a soldiers/private salary added on..
on top of that I get training, in combat.. In a way its more then worth it, But then again it varies from person to person.
06-03-2010 12:42 PM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Just be careful not to die.
06-03-2010 12:44 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Hopefully you get to kill people.

06-04-2010 08:01 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Just remember that if you have to kill civilians, make sure you only kill the brown-skinned ones. Otherwise people might get angry at you.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
06-04-2010 11:18 AM
schoolfights Offline
Rebel

What are your reasons for wanting to join the army? 'Cause you could probably achieve all the same things if you just skip that part.Lol

http://school fights
06-13-2010 11:03 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Motherfucking spambot.

06-14-2010 12:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  About my classes for next year and this year. MusicAndFruits1092 0 1,590 03-24-2016 06:45 AM
Last Post: MusicAndFruits1092
  Entire junior class opts out of standardized test vonunov 1 2,110 08-23-2015 04:04 AM
Last Post: schoolsux
  Teen Skips H.S., Starts Junior Year of College xcriteria 7 4,375 09-18-2014 10:05 AM
Last Post: KFC Nyan Cat
  My classes are especially chaotic, negative, and hostile this year TheCancer 27 8,599 11-03-2013 05:41 AM
Last Post: TheCancer
  Junior year is a bitch Amortisatie 11 3,606 09-07-2010 03:07 AM
Last Post: CrayolaColours
  My junior year has FAILED so hard. themikoinblue 6 3,270 05-07-2010 08:00 AM
Last Post: Liquid
  Is junior year as bad as people say it is? polexia 5 2,599 11-17-2009 08:01 AM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath