RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Dissent Against School - A Field Manual. (EFO)
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 38 thank(s) in 21 post(s)
Re: Creating Dissent Against School - A Field Manual. (EFO)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:I worked on the field manual a lot, and I've come to a conclusion:

Explaining WHY the schooling system is fucked up is probably not within the scope of this manual. This manual, in my opinion, should probably just explain HOW to go about making the change and not WHY. If we want to create another book about WHY, that'd be a pretty good idea, but I think it'd be best of we separate the too.

If you read through my edit below, you'll see why... The second chapter about why the schooling system is so fucked up would end up being too huge, and it would get away from the actual reason for the field manual, which is to create dissent against school in an area...

What do you guys think?
Makes sense to me... A manual by definition is 'a small reference book, especially one giving instructions.' No reason to turn it into a bible.

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Either way works for me... If you think my video is any good you can rip it I suppose. If not, that's fine. Elfy's was a lot better...
Oh no, I like yours too. I just uploaded Elfy's to test if the video remains in HD.

"Oppressed people might overthrow their tyrants, but not if they can count on one day joining the oppressors."
07-19-2011 09:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

IIght, cool. Also, 4 pages. Oh good. Laugh

Edit: Should I remove the version of it from my account?

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
07-19-2011 10:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Should I remove the version of it from my account?
Nah, keep it on your page, the more promo videos the better. Besides, if I happen to fuck up, I can always go back and download them from the original channels.

Also, good news: seems the software doesn't butcher the quality of these vids.

"Oppressed people might overthrow their tyrants, but not if they can count on one day joining the oppressors."
07-19-2011 10:08 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Alright, sweet.

Related news:

EdFreedom.org's forums are up, but they don't support polls (I don't think.), so we're going to have to either A.) Deal with the WP-Polls plugin I installed, which Might be O.K, but it has potential for a faulty vote count due to people using proxies or something, or B.) get people to register for votes or some shit. I dun know. Discuss...

Blog I post to now:

07-19-2011 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

LightAbyssion Wrote:Alrighty, here it is for now: http://www.youtube.com/user/EFOrganization

I subscribed.

Previously known as Derchin.
07-20-2011 02:24 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

I edited again.

Hidden stuff:
Chapter 1: The Introduction.

1.0 – What This Manual Is

This manual was created, for all intents and purposes, to arm the activists of the Educational Freedom Organization with enough know-how and information to successfully create a sense of dissent among their school's peers or their area residents. It is necessary for the EFO to issue such a manual because we are an Internet based organization, and thus, our members are spread all over the world with no physical ties. And since we are not all grouped together, each individual member of the EFO is going to have to do whatever they can to change the minds of the people in their area by themselves.

To sum everything up so far, this manual intends to supply you with enough information and support to be able to confidently and successfully create dissent against the compulsory schooling system in your area. So if your're too lazy, too afraid, or believe the schooling system is correct, please discontinue use of this manual and consider doing something else with your time.

1.1 – The Difficulties Ahead

If you've decided to read this manual, then you are probably considering taking action to change the public opinion of compulsory schooling in your area. That's commendable and all, but this isn't going to be a cakewalk. Be prepared for a long, grueling task that will force you to think creatively, work for long periods of time, and work in situations you may not be comfortable with. Changing public opinion is NOT an easy task, and we believe it'd be best if you accept and embrace that now before you embark on your journey.

That, however, should not persuade you to cease your efforts. Most worth while projects are difficult, and we absolutely positively need individuals like yourself to operate on a scale that will change the opinion of your peers. Without individuals like yourself, our organization will crumble and cease to have any meaningful impact. An Internet based organization like ours relies on the people who are willing to get out there, and actually do something. Creating petitions, and writing articles can only bring us so far. We need people like you to form our front line. We need people like you to bring about the REAL change.

The scope of this manual is to do one thing, and one thing only: to provide guidelines for individuals who are willing to get out there and change the opinion of the public. It's literature to help the imperative mission of creating groups of real people in areas were they can make a real impact. We need to create state-wide, national, and even international dissent against schools so we can really get things to change. If you think your up for it, then continue on and use this reference as a guide to change the opinions of the masses in your area...

Chapter 2: Our Purpose

1.0 – Why we fight

Before one comes to understand HOW to create dissent against school, one must first discover why we are fighting the system in the first place. This section of the manual will explain the beliefs of the EFO and the core faults of compulsory education. It will also bring forward multiple proposed solutions to the issues and how, in the end, we will replace compulsory schooling. If you believe you have already grasped the concepts laid out in this chapter, feel free to skip it, although a refresher never hurt anyone. If you have never studied the anti-school / youth rights take on compulsory schooling, then this chapter will be essential to being able to change the system. You have to know WHY your advocating change, in order to know HOW...

1.2 – Compulsory Schooling: The Facts

School sucks. Everyone knows that. But the reasons are complicated.

From the moment we are born, we crave to explore. To understand. To learn. By the time we can walk, we attempt to understand the world around us. We try to understand what makes plants green, what makes the sky blue, what makes the wind blow. We want to know why things are how they are. In short, we are curious.

But somewhere along the lines of growth and curiosity, we are suddenly and reluctantly placed into schools. Day after day, year after year we have to sit learn what they want us to learn. We have to follow the rules or face the consequences. Things become structured, and rigid. After a while, the schooling system changes us. Somewhere along the line, our drive to explore, and discover new things is killed off. We no longer wonder about why the plants are green or what makes the wind blow. All we care about is memorizing the next equations and remembering the vocabulary so we can pass the test. All we want to do is get by so we can relax on the weekends.

Our inert desire to learn what makes the world tic is squashed. We are told not to care about our desires. Our desires don't matter in society. Our interests are only important when we're grown. Right now, we should be focused on topics totally unrelated to our interests. We should comply, and ensure we know the material so we can pursue our interests some time in the future.

Writer and environmentalist Daniel Quinn sums it up perfectly:

"It didn't much matter what it was. Have them memorize the capitals of every state. Have them memorize the principle products of every state. Have them learn the steps a bill takes in passing Congress. No one wondered or cared if these were things kids wanted to know or needed to know--or would ever need to know. No one wondered or ever troubled to find out if the material being added to the curriculum was retained. The educators didn't want to know, and, really, what difference would it make? It didn't matter that, once learned, they were immediately forgotten. It filled up some time."

Which, if take some time to think about it, makes no sense. It makes no sense because when students are force fed loads of facts, equations, historical happenings, scientific formulas and mathematics, something miraculous happens. They forget them. Sure, they'll pass the tests, and ace the exams but after the information becomes non essential? It exits their brains. Our brains tend to discard unnecessary information, and, I can't blame it.

After awhile, we want change, school needs change but we know it can't happen. We want schools where you're not forced to go. We want schools where teachers stand by your ideas and actually try to help you achieve them. We want school where we aren't persecuted by the students nor staff for acting differently. We want schools where we can learn what we please. We want schools where there is no work to be turned in, to be graded on, and to show are overall worth, but like I said, it won't happen. It can't happen if we stay quiet.

We are told that school is needed to get into college, to get a good job and to live a happy life. And most of us actually buy into that. So we stick around. They keep working even though they know something's wrong. Even they know they rather do something else. But they're too scared to learn what they want, that desire we were all born with. They fear being cut off from this "dream" they conjured up if they ever decide to leave it and do something more enjoyable.

We are the truly intelligent ones. The ones who evaded the conformity, the rules, the work and the teachers. We have to remind everyone that our desires won't be pushed aside. That a true education is one that the child makes. We have to wake up our youth and even the goody-goodies. We have to be their role models.

School sucks. Its a prison. We want to love school. We want to learn there. We want great memories, but this is reality. And in reality, its still dreadful and going their is aggravating. To conclude it up I quote Youtube Atheist, AntiCitizenX:

"This is why we fight. This is why we make videos. This is why people like me do the things we do. We do not make this conclusion because we like it, or because it serves some selfish end, we make this conclusion because it is evidently correct.. "

Would you like to know more?

07-20-2011 02:46 AM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

You can't register!

Calra Franklin is possibly a whore. She does need to fuck off, though. I don't sue Facebook when someone insults me on Facebook.

You are free to do as you are told.

"You are free to say what you want, as long as it doesn't offend anyone." Me

Dear Society,
Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one. Don't like abortions? Don't get one. Don't like drugs? Don't do them. Don't like sex? Don't have it. Don't like your rights taken away? Don't take away anyone else's.
Sincerely, be glad we're all different.

If anyone wants to be my penpal or something like that or just wants to talk hit me up.
07-20-2011 02:49 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Super Max61 Wrote:You can't register!

????

07-20-2011 02:50 AM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

Derchin Wrote:
Super Max61 Wrote:You can't register!

????

I didn't see a register link for the forum...I'll look again, maybe I'm a dumbass. Razz

Calra Franklin is possibly a whore. She does need to fuck off, though. I don't sue Facebook when someone insults me on Facebook.

Dear Society,
Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one. Don't like abortions? Don't get one. Don't like drugs? Don't do them. Don't like sex? Don't have it. Don't like your rights taken away? Don't take away anyone else's.

If anyone wants to be my penpal or something like that or just wants to talk hit me up.
07-20-2011 02:55 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Super Max61 Wrote:I'm a dumbass. Razz

Watch on YouTube

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-20-2011 02:57 AM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

But.....is it closed membership?

Make me an admin! Fu Fu Fu Fu

Dear Society,

07-20-2011 03:00 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Blobthe15 Wrote:But.....is it closed membership?

Make me an admin!

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
07-20-2011 08:35 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

You should be able to register now.

Blog I post to now:

07-20-2011 11:57 AM
SuperiorDiplomat Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Derchin Wrote:I edited again.

Hidden stuff:
Chapter 1: The Introduction.

1.0 – What This Manual Is

This manual was created, for all intents and purposes, to arm the activists of the Educational Freedom Organization with enough know-how and information to successfully create a sense of dissent among their school's peers or their area residents. It is necessary for the EFO to issue such a manual because we are an Internet based organization, and thus, our members are spread all over the world with no physical ties. And since we are not all grouped together, each individual member of the EFO is going to have to do whatever they can to change the minds of the people in their area by themselves.

To sum everything up so far, this manual intends to supply you with enough information and support to be able to confidently and successfully create dissent against the compulsory schooling system in your area. So if your're too lazy, too afraid, or believe the schooling system is correct, please discontinue use of this manual and consider doing something else with your time.

1.1 – The Difficulties Ahead

If you've decided to read this manual, then you are probably considering taking action to change the public opinion of compulsory schooling in your area. That's commendable and all, but this isn't going to be a cakewalk. Be prepared for a long, grueling task that will force you to think creatively, work for long periods of time, and work in situations you may not be comfortable with. Changing public opinion is NOT an easy task, and we believe it'd be best if you accept and embrace that now before you embark on your journey.

That, however, should not persuade you to cease your efforts. Most worth while projects are difficult, and we absolutely positively need individuals like yourself to operate on a scale that will change the opinion of your peers. Without individuals like yourself, our organization will crumble and cease to have any meaningful impact. An Internet based organization like ours relies on the people who are willing to get out there, and actually do something. Creating petitions, and writing articles can only bring us so far. We need people like you to form our front line. We need people like you to bring about the REAL change.

The scope of this manual is to do one thing, and one thing only: to provide guidelines for individuals who are willing to get out there and change the opinion of the public. It's literature to help the imperative mission of creating groups of real people in areas were they can make a real impact. We need to create state-wide, national, and even international dissent against schools so we can really get things to change. If you think your up for it, then continue on and use this reference as a guide to change the opinions of the masses in your area...

Chapter 2: Our Purpose

1.0 – Why we fight

Before one comes to understand HOW to create dissent against school, one must first discover why we are fighting the system in the first place. This section of the manual will explain the beliefs of the EFO and the core faults of compulsory education. It will also bring forward multiple proposed solutions to the issues and how, in the end, we will replace compulsory schooling. If you believe you have already grasped the concepts laid out in this chapter, feel free to skip it, although a refresher never hurt anyone. If you have never studied the anti-school / youth rights take on compulsory schooling, then this chapter will be essential to being able to change the system. You have to know WHY your advocating change, in order to know HOW...

1.2 – Compulsory Schooling: The Facts

School sucks. Everyone knows that. But the reasons are complicated.

From the moment we are born, we crave to explore. To understand. To learn. By the time we can walk, we attempt to understand the world around us. We try to understand what makes plants green, what makes the sky blue, what makes the wind blow. We want to know why things are how they are. In short, we are curious.

But somewhere along the lines of growth and curiosity, we are suddenly and reluctantly placed into schools. Day after day, year after year we have to sit learn what they want us to learn. We have to follow the rules or face the consequences. Things become structured, and rigid. After a while, the schooling system changes us. Somewhere along the line, our drive to explore, and discover new things is killed off. We no longer wonder about why the plants are green or what makes the wind blow. All we care about is memorizing the next equations and remembering the vocabulary so we can pass the test. All we want to do is get by so we can relax on the weekends.

Our inert desire to learn what makes the world tic is squashed. We are told not to care about our desires. Our desires don't matter in society. Our interests are only important when we're grown. Right now, we should be focused on topics totally unrelated to our interests. We should comply, and ensure we know the material so we can pursue our interests some time in the future.

Writer and environmentalist Daniel Quinn sums it up perfectly:

"It didn't much matter what it was. Have them memorize the capitals of every state. Have them memorize the principle products of every state. Have them learn the steps a bill takes in passing Congress. No one wondered or cared if these were things kids wanted to know or needed to know--or would ever need to know. No one wondered or ever troubled to find out if the material being added to the curriculum was retained. The educators didn't want to know, and, really, what difference would it make? It didn't matter that, once learned, they were immediately forgotten. It filled up some time."

Which, if take some time to think about it, makes no sense. It makes no sense because when students are force fed loads of facts, equations, historical happenings, scientific formulas and mathematics, something miraculous happens. They forget them. Sure, they'll pass the tests, and ace the exams but after the information becomes non essential? It exits their brains. Our brains tend to discard unnecessary information, and, I can't blame it.

After awhile, we want change, school needs change but we know it can't happen. We want schools where you're not forced to go. We want schools where teachers stand by your ideas and actually try to help you achieve them. We want school where we aren't persecuted by the students nor staff for acting differently. We want schools where we can learn what we please. We want schools where there is no work to be turned in, to be graded on, and to show are overall worth, but like I said, it won't happen. It can't happen if we stay quiet.

We are told that school is needed to get into college, to get a good job and to live a happy life. And most of us actually buy into that. So we stick around. They keep working even though they know something's wrong. Even they know they rather do something else. But they're too scared to learn what they want, that desire we were all born with. They fear being cut off from this "dream" they conjured up if they ever decide to leave it and do something more enjoyable.

We are the truly intelligent ones. The ones who evaded the conformity, the rules, the work and the teachers. We have to remind everyone that our desires won't be pushed aside. That a true education is one that the child makes. We have to wake up our youth and even the goody-goodies. We have to be their role models.

School sucks. Its a prison. We want to love school. We want to learn there. We want great memories, but this is reality. And in reality, its still dreadful and going their is aggravating. To conclude it up I quote Youtube Atheist, AntiCitizenX:

"This is why we fight. This is why we make videos. This is why people like me do the things we do. We do not make this conclusion because we like it, or because it serves some selfish end, we make this conclusion because it is evidently correct.. "

Would you like to know more?

Ok, but if people are picking up a manual to learn how to change peoples opinions on school, they probably already know about why schooling is bad and why we are trying to do this.
If we are going to put in a section about why we are doing this.. we should make it brief so it does fit in with the rest of the manual. So chapter two even though just edited by you, probably should be shrunken down to size and lets start trying to write more on how to change peoples minds opposed to why we are doing this. "The scope of this manual is to do one thing, and one thing only: to provide guidelines for individuals who are willing to get out there and change the opinion of the public." So i'm not even sure if we should have this particular chapter two, but if everyone REALLY thinks it's needed then we should at least shrink and kinda re-write it.

http://www.launchpadmovement.com/ "done as fuck"

Carla, Carla, Carla... You whore.
07-20-2011 07:49 PM
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

I made a little promo for us:

Watch on YouTube

07-21-2011 12:17 AM
SuperiorDiplomat Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

That's one boss nig video.

http://www.launchpadmovement.com/ "done as fuck"

Carla, Carla, Carla... You whore.
07-21-2011 12:31 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

SuperiorDiplomat Wrote:That's one boss nig video.

I agree, that's one damn good video. Cool

Blog I post to now:

07-21-2011 12:35 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Shadowpool13 Wrote:
Derchin Wrote:Can somebody make part 4? I don't feel like it. What part 4 is about is on the previous page.

Spreading the word.

Here's a proposed outline:

Mediums of Expression
*Word of mouth
*Fliers
-->Flier design tips
-->Printing
-->Distribution
-->Wheatpaste
*Mainstream Media
-->What makes a story
General Notes on Propaganda
*Knowing your audience
*Surveillance and escalation of injustice
*Create an image --Dissent in style
*Subtle cues

I'll have some time to work on this tonight.

I'm having some real difficulties coming up with how we should start the actual factual based shit. Should we have a step by step guide of how to create dissent or just a collection of possible ways? Should we have a sections like:

What to do in the beginning:

What to do when people are more receptive:

How to judge the local's opinions on the matter:

and shit like that, or should we just stick with methods of spreading the word and making pamphlets?

I'm conflicted.

Blog I post to now:

07-21-2011 01:04 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Absentinsomniac Wrote:and shit like that, or should we just stick with methods of spreading the word and making pamphlets?

I'm conflicted.
The only advice I have is: Start small, think big.
You can always add more later.

07-21-2011 01:07 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Well, I made a PDF and wrote a shit-load, but it's not done. In the "Contents" section you can see what's done, and what needs working on. Post here if you are going to write a section, if nobody posts, I'll write it myself I guess...

Here's the PDF: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... h&hl=en_US

Blog I post to now:

07-23-2011 04:12 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Well, I made a PDF and wrote a shit-load, but it's not done. In the "Contents" section you can see what's done, and what needs working on. Post here if you are going to write a section, if nobody posts, I'll write it myself I guess...

I wanna have a draft I can send to storywrite.

07-23-2011 04:46 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Derchin Wrote:
Absentinsomniac Wrote:Well, I made a PDF and wrote a shit-load, but it's not done. In the "Contents" section you can see what's done, and what needs working on. Post here if you are going to write a section, if nobody posts, I'll write it myself I guess...

Alright, cool. I'd probably hold off until we get a finished draft though...

Blog I post to now:

07-23-2011 05:12 AM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

Derchin Wrote:

It's all open to be edited by anyone, so feel free to.

Dear Society,

07-23-2011 05:22 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

I made a group on storywrite called the EFO.

http://storywrite.com/group/show/Educat ... ganization

Suggestions, comments and/or concerns on the group are welcomed.

07-23-2011 05:30 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Super Max61 Wrote:
Derchin Wrote:

It's all open to be edited by anyone, so feel free to.
This.

Blog I post to now:

07-23-2011 06:39 AM
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Honestly, I think you should write the whole thing; you have a knack for this stuff. Then one or more of us could be editors....Speaking of which, how do I edit it? It's set to "allow anyone to edit," right?

On another note, I'll be working on a detailed page about the real changes we want in schools. How course selection would work, graduation requirements, post-secondary requirements, etc. and reasons explaining each.

07-23-2011 05:26 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Sounds fair enough, also, I forgot to put "Anyone can edit it", so I did, and now anyone can edit it... Thumbsup

Blog I post to now:

07-24-2011 01:26 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

I just had an idea. What if we started writing a monthly EFO "zine" or newspaper that is free to download and distribute? We're already going to have a collection of materials for distribution by the operators on the ground, so why not give them a pre-written zine that is written by all of us at the EFO every month? They don't HAVE to use our zine, and they can make their own if they want, but if we created a zine anyone and everyone could distribute it would ensure that it's a quality zine and it would also ensure that operators who aren't good at writing or creating newspapers can spread one anyway... What do you guys think?

Blog I post to now:

07-24-2011 03:57 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Absentinsomniac Wrote:I just had an idea. What if we started writing a monthly EFO "zine" or newspaper that is free to download and distribute? We're already going to have a collection of materials for distribution by the operators on the ground, so why not give them a pre-written zine that is written by all of us at the EFO every month? They don't HAVE to use our zine, and they can make their own if they want, but if we created a zine anyone and everyone could distribute it would ensure that it's a quality zine and it would also ensure that operators who aren't good at writing or creating newspapers can spread one anyway... What do you guys think?
Good idea.
One could also encourage people to do their own writing by making the articles out there separately so that they can mix and match their own writing with writing from the zine. They might want to have a section with their own local school being criticized that they write, but have the rest be more general.

07-24-2011 04:38 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Weswammy Wrote:
Absentinsomniac Wrote:I just had an idea. What if we started writing a monthly EFO "zine" or newspaper that is free to download and distribute? We're already going to have a collection of materials for distribution by the operators on the ground, so why not give them a pre-written zine that is written by all of us at the EFO every month? They don't HAVE to use our zine, and they can make their own if they want, but if we created a zine anyone and everyone could distribute it would ensure that it's a quality zine and it would also ensure that operators who aren't good at writing or creating newspapers can spread one anyway... What do you guys think?
Good idea.
One could also encourage people to do their own writing by making the articles out there separately so that they can mix and match their own writing with writing from the zine. They might want to have a section with their own local school being criticized that they write, but have the rest be more general.

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool.

Blog I post to now:

07-24-2011 05:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  At a field trip Dead 2 1,410 05-31-2014 11:58 AM
Last Post: Dead
  This is the most lame field trip ever. Christian Hellhound 31 12,656 05-14-2014 05:59 AM
Last Post: HawkbitAlpha
  Creating a Student Union? Cereal-Killer 1 1,916 11-20-2013 11:23 AM
Last Post: SeReNiTY