RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Dissent Against School - A Field Manual. (EFO)
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
Re: Creating Dissent Against School - A Field Manual. (EFO)

LightAbyssion Wrote:First off, I'm going to apologize for molesting this thing, but after reading Absent's suggestions, I realized our intro was missing a crucial a point. We were preaching our idea, but we weren't selling it. So I added some points on what people would gain if they supported us. Since the EFO isn't a consumer's product, it was difficult to make the opening sentence a selling point, so I started with a question. Then I bolded our main idea. Truthfully, I ripped this shit from my pamphlet and swapped words around, but whatever:

Hidden stuff:
Considering how educational standards are at an all-time low, have you payed close attention when politicians discuss the state of our schools? They suggest remedies such as extending school hours, as if the children are failing in this system due to a lack of effort. Sadly, the truth of the matter is this: there is nothing wrong with the students; it is the regime which is flawed. That is why this site exists. We have the solution others have failed to offer. Once we accomplish our goal, the school system will not only be better off for the next generation, but also for society in general. However, prior to discussing the solution, we must first understand the problem. So before you disregard our message, please read the following with an open mind.

Do you know how the compulsory schooling system came into existence? It started in the Prussian empire of Europe during the 19th century. The system was meticulously designed by the government to create a group of people that acted and thought in the same manner. Its purpose was not intellectual development, but to ensure obedience and subordination. If you take a look at our modern schooling system, you'll notice that it is disturbingly similar. In fact, our school system excels at the same things Prussia's system was designed to do. Granted, this is all fine...if you consider forcefully teaching someone impertinent and menial facts as "educating" them.

This system corrupts the inert desire of children to learn about the world they live in, and turns them into docile citizens. By killing creativity, it destroys a great potential for brilliance in youth. Our schools coerce students to learn in unnatural and submissive ways, then fail to educate them on how to survive in the modern world. Besides, why be “passable” in various subjects they don't care for, when students could be astonishing in the one topic they believe in?

Assuming we have established that a change must take place, let us talk about what needs to be done. First, all compulsory attendance laws and policies must be abolished. Tell me, do we truly live in the land of the free if a bell controls our every action for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, 180 days a year? Next, we must change graduation requirements so that they're no longer based on how many courses are taken, but on actual learning within those courses. Having looser schedules and more elective choices, or allowing students to make their own electives, would foster their desire to educate themselves. If you learn what you want to learn, then you will continue learning. This means there would be no more kids in classes they don't want to be in. No more skipping classes due to disinterest, and less stress for teachers to deal with. Understand that we have nothing to lose. Of course, while the solution really is that simple, a great revision requires greater detail, which you can find by clicking here. (obviously, we would link to a detailed page discussing the changes here)

So if you wish to aid us, there are many things you can do. Tell your friends about the EFO, write essays and submit them to this site or your teachers, and keep our purpose in mind. Anything and everything you do helps us, because while knowledge is useful, action is paramount.

Oh, and I recommend putting the "welcome to edfreedom.org" somewhere at the top of the homepage, as opposed to the actual intro paragraph, 'cause it feels tacked-on and not powerful enough. Anyway, you guys use what you like from my version.

I like it. But in the first paragraph, you should've put more "solutions" politicians have come up with to end our current education problem.

"They suggest remedies such as... " but you only give one.

Previously known as Derchin.
07-18-2011 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 38 thank(s) in 21 post(s)

Derchin Wrote:
LightAbyssion Wrote:First off, I'm going to apologize for molesting this thing, but after reading Absent's suggestions, I realized our intro was missing a crucial a point. We were preaching our idea, but we weren't selling it. So I added some points on what people would gain if they supported us. Since the EFO isn't a consumer's product, it was difficult to make the opening sentence a selling point, so I started with a question. Then I bolded our main idea. Truthfully, I ripped this shit from my pamphlet and swapped words around, but whatever:

Hidden stuff:
Considering how educational standards are at an all-time low, have you payed close attention when politicians discuss the state of our schools? They suggest remedies such as extending school hours, as if the children are failing in this system due to a lack of effort. Sadly, the truth of the matter is this: there is nothing wrong with the students; it is the regime which is flawed. That is why this site exists. We have the solution others have failed to offer. Once we accomplish our goal, the school system will not only be better off for the next generation, but also for society in general. However, prior to discussing the solution, we must first understand the problem. So before you disregard our message, please read the following with an open mind.

Do you know how the compulsory schooling system came into existence? It started in the Prussian empire of Europe during the 19th century. The system was meticulously designed by the government to create a group of people that acted and thought in the same manner. Its purpose was not intellectual development, but to ensure obedience and subordination. If you take a look at our modern schooling system, you'll notice that it is disturbingly similar. In fact, our school system excels at the same things Prussia's system was designed to do. Granted, this is all fine...if you consider forcefully teaching someone impertinent and menial facts as "educating" them.

This system corrupts the inert desire of children to learn about the world they live in, and turns them into docile citizens. By killing creativity, it destroys a great potential for brilliance in youth. Our schools coerce students to learn in unnatural and submissive ways, then fail to educate them on how to survive in the modern world. Besides, why be “passable” in various subjects they don't care for, when students could be astonishing in the one topic they believe in?

Assuming we have established that a change must take place, let us talk about what needs to be done. First, all compulsory attendance laws and policies must be abolished. Tell me, do we truly live in the land of the free if a bell controls our every action for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, 180 days a year? Next, we must change graduation requirements so that they're no longer based on how many courses are taken, but on actual learning within those courses. Having looser schedules and more elective choices, or allowing students to make their own electives, would foster their desire to educate themselves. If you learn what you want to learn, then you will continue learning. This means there would be no more kids in classes they don't want to be in. No more skipping classes due to disinterest, and less stress for teachers to deal with. Understand that we have nothing to lose. Of course, while the solution really is that simple, a great revision requires greater detail, which you can find by clicking here. (obviously, we would link to a detailed page discussing the changes here)

So if you wish to aid us, there are many things you can do. Tell your friends about the EFO, write essays and submit them to this site or your teachers, and keep our purpose in mind. Anything and everything you do helps us, because while knowledge is useful, action is paramount.

Oh, and I recommend putting the "welcome to edfreedom.org" somewhere at the top of the homepage, as opposed to the actual intro paragraph, 'cause it feels tacked-on and not powerful enough. Anyway, you guys use what you like from my version.

I like it. But in the first paragraph, you should've put more "solutions" politicians have come up with to end our current education problem.

"They suggest remedies such as... " but you only give one.
I'll leave that part to you guys. Maybe add two or three more things politicians have suggested? See, I just thought the whole thing was already kind of lengthy, so I didn't add more.

"Oppressed people might overthrow their tyrants, but not if they can count on one day joining the oppressors."
07-18-2011 10:06 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

LightAbyssion Wrote:I'll leave that part to you guys. Maybe add two or three more things politicians have suggested? See, I just thought the whole thing was already kind of lengthy, so I didn't add more.
I'm a big fan of vouchers and market solutions, myself.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-18-2011 10:40 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Weswammy Wrote:
LightAbyssion Wrote:I'll leave that part to you guys. Maybe add two or three more things politicians have suggested? See, I just thought the whole thing was already kind of lengthy, so I didn't add more.

Hwat? This is supposed to be an introduction not a list of our goals and possible solutions lol. What we should be writing here is a introduction which will draw in potential fellow activists while explaining our basic ideas... I'm working on a revised version right now, and I guess we'll see were we end up. Just keep in mind that this isn't meant to be the whole of our beliefs nor should it be. It's an introduction, not a declarative essay on all of our beliefs.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
07-18-2011 10:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Hidden stuff:
Quote:
Educational standards are at an all-time low. Politicians have concocted remedies such as extending school hours, increasing standardized testing, and even ending summer vacation. They come up with these “remedies” due to the core belief that the problem is not the way the schooling system is operated, but the problem is none other than the students themselves. They think students have a lack of motivation or some other deficiency that is holding our test scores back which can be fixed with longer hours, and harder work on our part. Sadly, the truth of the matter is that there is nothing wrong with the students, but it is the schooling system itself which is flawed. Millions of wasted dollars are dumped into todays schools with only tired, stressed out students to show for it, and there's no clear end in sight. That is why this organization was created. We have the solution others have failed to offer. Once we accomplish our goals, the schooling system will not only be better off, but the world as a whole will be improved. However, prior to discussing the solution to the decaying system, we must first understand the problem.

(I think this sounds a bit like we're weak or something.) –> So before you disregard our message, please read the following with an open mind. <---

Compulsory educational institutions were started in the Prussian empire during the 19th century. The system was meticulously designed by the government to create a group of people that acted and thought in the same manner. Its purpose was not the commonly cited purpose of schooling, intellectual development, but to ensure obedience and subordination. If you take a look at our modern schooling system, you'll notice that it is disturbingly similar. In fact, our schooling system excels at the same things Prussia's system was designed to do. This becomes slightly less surprising when one discovers that our schooling system was based on the Prussians model of education.

I edited it a lot, but I'm starting to think this would make a better declaration of what we are for than intro. The first part is great for an intro, but I don't think we should jump right into the history of modern compulsory schooling and what not. A lot of people think that type of thing is "conspiracy" shit and it might turn students off. Maybe we should use other reasons for changing the system such as the Inert desire to learn and the fact that forcing someone to learn something makes them less likely to want to learn it. I also think we should make it clearer that our main goal is to increase freedoms while maximising the amount students learn in the educational environment. I'll keep working on it, and if you guys disagree with me that's fine, but I'm just putting forward my opinions.

Blog I post to now:

07-18-2011 11:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Absentinsomniac Wrote:
Weswammy Wrote:

Hwat? This is supposed to be an introduction not a list of our goals and possible solutions lol. What we should be writing here is a introduction which will draw in potential fellow activists while explaining our basic ideas... I'm working on a revised version right now, and I guess we'll see were we end up. Just keep in mind that this isn't meant to be the whole of our beliefs nor should it be. It's an introduction, not a declarative essay on all of our beliefs.
Oh.

07-18-2011 11:14 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Alright, so I wrote this with the help of what everyone else wrote, and I think it'd be a pretty good intro. However, I don't think we should disregard everything else. I think we should integrate what was already written into an essay of sorts to further explain our views on the site... Anyway, here's what I got:

Quote:Educational standards are at an all-time low. Politicians have concocted remedies such as extending school hours, increasing standardized testing, and even ending summer vacation. They come up with these “remedies” due to the core belief that the problem is not the way the schooling system is operated, but the problem is none other than the students themselves. They think students have a lack of motivation or some other deficiency that is holding test scores back. They think all of the problems in education today can be fixed with longer hours, and harder work on our part.

Sadly, the truth of the matter is that there is nothing wrong with the students, but it is the schooling system itself which is flawed. Millions of wasted dollars are dumped into todays schools with only tired, stressed out students to show for it, and there's no clear end in sight. That is why this organization was created. We have the solution others have failed to offer.

EFO, or the Educational Freedom Organization is an organization that was created for the sole purpose of improving education by increasing students freedoms and choice in academics. We believe one of the fundamental flaws in compulsory schooling is that people who are forced to learn things they dislike are far less likely to retain them, while people who are given the opportunity to choose what they learn excel. Isn't the whole purpose of school to prepare us for the future? What better way to do it than to let us explore possible careers and excel at our interests?

If you want to help fight the oppressive, and terribly mistaken system that is compulsory schooling, stand with us in the fight against compulsory schooling, and help us make the future better for generations to come.

What does everyone think?

Edit: I've been up all night, so errors are likely lol.

Blog I post to now:

07-18-2011 11:22 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Seems cool.

07-18-2011 11:25 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

I hath made a video, as well:

Watch on YouTube

Blog I post to now:

07-19-2011 01:31 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Link
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30220

07-19-2011 05:30 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Absentinsomniac Wrote:I hath made a video, as well:

Watch on YouTube
That's good.

07-19-2011 05:35 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Can we use parts of your post above?

07-19-2011 05:36 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Derchin Wrote:Can we use parts of your post above?
Use it.

07-19-2011 05:39 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:I hath made a video, as well:

Watch on YouTube

Nice. Liked and subscribed.

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
07-19-2011 07:10 AM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I had a busy day and night, I'll revise it now. I like where it's at, I'll just maybe move a few things and correct typos.

EDIT: Abesnt, it was great. I think our baby is ready. I added a sentence at the end referring to a link, because it was removed.

Hidden stuff:
Educational standards are at an all-time low. Politicians have concocted remedies such as extending school hours, increasing standardized testing, and even ending summer vacation. They come up with these “remedies” due to the core belief that the problem is not the way the schooling system is operated, but the problem is none other than the students themselves. They think students have a lack of motivation or some other deficiency that is holding test scores back. They think all of the problems in education today can be fixed with longer hours, and harder work on our part.

Sadly, the truth of the matter is that there is nothing wrong with the students, but it is the schooling system itself which is flawed. Millions of wasted dollars are dumped into todays schools with only tired, stressed out students to show for it, and there's no clear end in sight. That is why this organization was created. We have the solution others have failed to offer.

EFO, or the Educational Freedom Organization is an organization that was created for the sole purpose of improving education by increasing students freedoms and choice in academics. We believe one of the fundamental flaws in compulsory schooling is that people who are forced to learn things they dislike are far less likely to retain them, while people who are given the opportunity to choose what they learn excel. Isn't the whole purpose of school to prepare us for the future? What better way to do it than to let us explore possible careers and excel at our interests?

If you want to help fight the oppressive, and terribly mistaken system that is compulsory schooling, stand with us in the fight against compulsory schooling, and help us make the future better for generations to come. Click this link to find out more.

Calra Franklin is possibly a whore. She does need to fuck off, though. I don't sue Facebook when someone insults me on Facebook.

You are free to do as you are told.

"You are free to say what you want, as long as it doesn't offend anyone." Me

Dear Society,
Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one. Don't like abortions? Don't get one. Don't like drugs? Don't do them. Don't like sex? Don't have it. Don't like your rights taken away? Don't take away anyone else's.
Sincerely, be glad we're all different.

If anyone wants to be my penpal or something like that or just wants to talk hit me up.
07-19-2011 12:13 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Super Max61 Wrote:I had a busy day and night, I'll revise it now. I like where it's at, I'll just maybe move a few things and correct typos.

Alright, sounds good.

Blog I post to now:

07-19-2011 12:27 PM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

In my last post

Calra Franklin is possibly a whore. She does need to fuck off, though. I don't sue Facebook when someone insults me on Facebook.

Dear Society,
Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one. Don't like abortions? Don't get one. Don't like drugs? Don't do them. Don't like sex? Don't have it. Don't like your rights taken away? Don't take away anyone else's.

If anyone wants to be my penpal or something like that or just wants to talk hit me up.
07-19-2011 12:27 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

I like it so far.

07-19-2011 12:38 PM
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

VERY nice job on the intro guys, I'd say it's good to go. Now, I think we need a detailed page on the changes we want. How about a brainstorm on reasons...

Why students should choose their courses/have more electives:
Hidden stuff:
- people who are forced to learn things they dislike are less likely to retain the information
- people excel at what they want to learn, and will continue learning
- no more skipping classes due to disinterest
- teachers no longer have to deal with kids who "don't want to be there"

Why compulsory schooling should end:
Hidden stuff:
- school is not the only place a person can get educated
-
-
Then we can go into more detail if needed. Maybe even an 'argument/response' page on these revisions. I'm tired, so this is all I got right now.

"Oppressed people might overthrow their tyrants, but not if they can count on one day joining the oppressors."
07-19-2011 04:27 PM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

Added more

Hidden stuff:
- people who are forced to learn things they dislike are less likely to retain the information
-

Hidden stuff:
- students will be better citizens, they would be less submissive to power abuse (rephrase)
- school is linked to developmental issues, [hyperlink] (I remember some studies saying that)
-

Dear Society,

07-19-2011 05:00 PM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

Super Max61 Wrote:Added more

Hidden stuff:
-

Hidden stuff:
- students will be better citizens, they would be less submissive to power abuse (rephrase)
- school is linked to developmental issues, [hyperlink] (I remember some studies saying that)
-

LightAbyssion Wrote:VERY nice job on the intro guys, I'd say it's good to go.

Thanks man, but you helped.

A note: Anything contributed is considered open source, and will treated as such. I can change your words, you can change mine.

Dear Society,

07-19-2011 05:02 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

I made a quick little video in 10 minutes for it:

Watch on YouTube

Pretty simple at the moment, but I can take requests for advert ideas and I'll gladly make them as best as I possibly can. I can also upload in 1080p HD :3

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
07-19-2011 05:55 PM
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Super Max61 Wrote:
Super Max61 Wrote:
LightAbyssion Wrote:VERY nice job on the intro guys, I'd say it's good to go.

Thanks man, but you helped.

A note: Anything contributed is considered open source, and will treated as such. I can change your words, you can change mine.
Yeah, the intro has something from all of us. We get some good work done with this open source strategy, if I do say so myself.

Elfy Wrote:I made a quick little video in 10 minutes for it:

Watch on YouTube

Pretty simple at the moment, but I can take requests for advert ideas and I'll gladly make them as best as I possibly can. I can also upload in 1080p HD :3
That is awesome. Anyone want to run an official YouTube channel? Hell, I'm pretty active on there so I can do it if nobody else wants to. Just need a good username that hasn't been taken, then we can compile some videos.

07-19-2011 06:16 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Go ahead, just make sure if you ever get inactive or whatever to pass it on to someone who's active. Smile

But yeah, it sounds like a good idea to me. Edfreedom or EFO or something would be fine, I guess...

Blog I post to now:

07-19-2011 06:21 PM
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Alrighty, here it is for now: http://www.youtube.com/user/EFOrganization

07-19-2011 07:43 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

LightAbyssion Wrote:Alrighty, here it is for now: http://www.youtube.com/user/EFOrganization

Alright, cool, so how do we get ze videos on there? Lol.

Blog I post to now:

07-19-2011 08:35 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Also, the intro is on the site's homepage now... But we need to get more content up on the site. The intro is supposed to have a link at the bottom, and obviously we have nothing to link to yet.

Blog I post to now:

07-19-2011 08:52 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

I worked on the field manual a lot, and I've come to a conclusion:

Explaining WHY the schooling system is fucked up is probably not within the scope of this manual. This manual, in my opinion, should probably just explain HOW to go about making the change and not WHY. If we want to create another book about WHY, that'd be a pretty good idea, but I think it'd be best of we separate the too.

If you read through my edit below, you'll see why... The second chapter about why the schooling system is so fucked up would end up being too huge, and it would get away from the actual reason for the field manual, which is to create dissent against school in an area...

What do you guys think?

Hidden stuff:
Chapter 1: The Introduction.

1.0 – What this manual is.

This manual was created, for all intents and purposes, to arm the activists of the Educational Freedom Organization with enough know-how and information to successfully create a sense of dissent among their school's students or their area residents. It is necessary for the EFO to issue such a manual because we are an Internet based organization, and thus, our members are spread all over the world with no physical ties. A group of people is always going to do a better job of spreading the word and recruiting people to help us than a single person. And since we are not all grouped together, each individual member of the EFO is going to have to do whatever they can to change the minds of the people in their area by themselves.

So, to sum all of this up, this manual intends to supply you with enough information and support to be able to confidently and successfully create dissent against the compulsory schooling system in your area.

1.1 – The difficulties ahead, and the necessity of your work.

If you've decided to read this manual, then you are probably considering taking action to change the public opinion of compulsory schooling in your area. That's commendable and all, but this isn't going to be a cakewalk. Be prepared for a long, grueling task that will force you to think creatively, work for long periods of time, and work in situations you may not be comfortable with. Changing public opinion is NOT an easy task, and we believe it'd be best if you accept and embrace that now before you embark on your journey.

That, however, should not persuade you to cease your efforts. Most worth while projects are difficult, and we absolutely positively need individuals like yourself to operate on a scale that will change the opinion of your peers. Without individuals like yourself, our organization will crumble and cease to have any meaningful impact. An Internet based organization like ours relies on the people who are willing to get out there, and actually do something. Creating petitions, and writing articles can only bring us so far. We need people like you to form our front line. We need people like you to bring about the REAL change.

The scope of this manual is to do one thing, and one thing only: to provide guidelines for individuals who are willing to get out there and change the opinion of the public. It's literature to help the imperative mission of creating groups of real people in areas were they can make a real impact. We need to create state-wide, national, and even international dissent against schools so we can really get things to change. If you think your up for it, then continue on and use this reference as a guide to change the opinions of the masses in your area...

Chapter 2: Our Purpose. (Why we fight.)

1.0 – The purpose of this chapter.

Before one comes to understand HOW to create dissent against school, he must first discover why we are fighting the system in the first place. This section of the manual will explain the beliefs of the EFO and the core faults of compulsory education. It will also bring forward multiple proposed solutions to the issues and how, in the end, we will replace compulsory schooling. If you believe you have already grasped the concepts laid out in this chapter, feel free to skip it, although a refresher never hurt anyone. If you have never studied the anti-school / youth rights take on compulsory schooling, then this chapter will be essential to being able to change the system. You have to know WHY your advocating change, in order to know HOW...

1.2 – Curiosity and Compulsory Schooling.

School sucks. Everyone knows that. But the reasons for the suck are many, and complicated.

From the moment we are born, we crave to explore. To understand. To learn. By the time we can walk, we attempt to understand the world around us. We try to understand what makes plants green, what makes the sky blue, what makes the wind blow. We want to know why things are how they are. In short, we are curious.

But somewhere along the lines of growth and curiosity, we are suddenly and reluctantly placed into schools. Day after day, year after year we have to sit learn what they want us to learn. We have to follow the rules or face the consequences. Things become structured, and rigid. After a while, the schooling system changes us. Somewhere along the line, our drive to explore, and discover new things is killed off. We no longer wonder about why the plants are green or what makes the wind blow. All we care about is memorizing the next equations and remembering the vocabulary so we can pass the test. All we want to do is get by so we can relax on the weekends.

Our inert desire to learn what makes the world tic is squashed. We are told not to care about our desires. Our desires don't matter in society. We are unable to learn what we want anymore. Rather, we have to learn what they want us to learn. Our interests are only important when we're grown. Right now, we should be focused on topics totally unrelated to our interests. We should comply, and ensure we know the material so we can pursue our interests some time in the future.

Writer and environmentalist Daniel Quinn sums it up perfectly:

"It didn't much matter what it was. Have them memorize the capitals of every state. Have them memorize the principle products of every state. Have them learn the steps a bill takes in passing Congress. No one wondered or cared if these were things kids wanted to know or needed to know--or would ever need to know. No one wondered or ever troubled to find out if the material being added to the curriculum was retained. The educators didn't want to know, and, really, what difference would it make? It didn't matter that, once learned, they were immediately forgotten. It filled up some time."

Which, if take some time to think about it, makes no sense. It makes no sense because when students are force fed loads of facts, equations, historical happenings, scientific formulas and mathematics, something miraculous happens. They forget them. Sure, they'll pass the tests, and ace the exams but after the information becomes non essential? It exits their brains. Our brains tend to discard unnecessary information, and, I can't blame it.

=======================

This is were I stopped editing stoof.

After awhile, after the nonstop work, demanding teachers, menial rules, cruel bullies, and judgmental peers, we grow tired of our forced institution. We want change, school needs change but we know it can't happen. We want schools where you're not forced to go. We want schools where teachers stand by your ideas and actually try to help you achieve them. We want school where we aren't persecuted by the students nor staff for acting differently. We want schools where we can learn what we please. We want schools where there is no work to be turned in, to be graded on, and to show are overall worth, but like I said, it won't happen. It can't happen if we stay quiet.

We are told that school is needed to get into college, to get a good job and to live a happy life. And most of us actually buy into that. So we stick around. They keep working even though they know something's wrong. Even they know they rather do something else. But they're too scared to learn what they want, that desire we were all born with. They fear being cut off from this "dream" they conjured up if they ever decide to leave it and do something more enjoyable.

"You're here for an education" say every teacher and every principle. They know you have to listen to them (Forced by law), that you have to come to school (Also forced by law), that you need an "education". So this false sense of authority is placed over you. See the trap? Its the trap we all fall in our lives. And now its gotten to the point where some kids defend this prison system. They do everything the teachers ask for. They're the A+ students. The "goody-goodies". They get the special treatment, the shiny medals, scholarships, the pats on the backs, the smiles. They are the ones everyone adores, while we are ignored, mocked, and punished. And they have the audacity to stand in front of us and say that this prison is actually good for us. That we should obey our masters. Isn't that something? Their inert deisre to learn is virtually gone. Replaced with a monetary, materialistic promise that if they obey their "superiors" they'll get everything they want. And more and more of our youth is falling into this trap.

We are the truly intelligent ones. The ones who evaded the conformity, the rules, the work and the teachers. We have to remind everyone that our desires won't be pushed aside. That a true education is one that the child makes. We have to wake up our youth and even the goody-goodies. We have to be their role models.

School sucks. Its a prison. We want to love school. We want to learn there. We want great memories, but this is reality. And in reality, its still dreadful and going their is aggravating. To conclude it up I quote Youtube Atheist, AntiCitizenX:

"This is why we fight. This is why we make videos. This is why people like me do the things we do. We do not make this conclusion because we like it, or because it serves some selfish end, we make this conclusion because it is evidently correct and because our lives are collectively better off when we form our decisions on ideas that are externally valid. "

Would you like to know more?

Blog I post to now:

07-19-2011 09:52 PM
LightAbyssion Offline
Revolutionary

Absentinsomniac Wrote:
LightAbyssion Wrote:Alrighty, here it is for now: http://www.youtube.com/user/EFOrganization

Alright, cool, so how do we get ze videos on there? Lol.
Er... I upload them? Check the channel again; I uploaded Elfy's video as a test. I guess I can either rip the videos from your channels, or I send any video makers an email address spefically used for YouTube and you can send me the video files that way.

07-19-2011 09:53 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Either way works for me... If you think my video is any good you can rip it I suppose. If not, that's fine. Elfy's was a lot better...

Blog I post to now:

07-19-2011 09:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  At a field trip Dead 2 1,412 05-31-2014 11:58 AM
Last Post: Dead
  This is the most lame field trip ever. Christian Hellhound 31 12,727 05-14-2014 05:59 AM
Last Post: HawkbitAlpha
  Creating a Student Union? Cereal-Killer 1 1,921 11-20-2013 11:23 AM
Last Post: SeReNiTY