RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My name is Jackie and I really need this site
Hknudson5 Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
My name is Jackie and I really need this site

Hello, my name is Jackie and I am a rising junior. I love learning. I love reading. Ifa class is really good, I really love that class, but this year, I've got a lot of horrible classes. I'm just so frustrated because I'm willing to learn, but the teachers I have are so narro minded in their assignments that I just suck at my homework. I'm sick of teachers favoring and not understanding the true value of students. I just want to get out right now.
ps. I've checked out this site before when I really needed it, but this is my first post. Hello!
06-09-2010 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: My name is Jackie and I really need this site

Hi! Say no to therapy, it only makes you sane.

Hope you stick around.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
06-09-2010 10:38 AM
Colin Offline
Pariah

Given 14 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

Oh shit, I totally just bashed you in your other thread. Uh. Not exactly the best foot to start off on. So uh, welcome.

PLEASE, TELL US JUSTIN
[Image: ubd5511.png]
06-09-2010 10:50 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I am Moriko, like "MOAR!" but with an extra three letters. I say hi! I also accidentally little brother into oven.

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
06-10-2010 07:40 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

MorikoMisa Wrote:I am Moriko, like "MOAR!" but with an extra three letters. I say hi! I also accidentally little brother into oven.
Rofl

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
06-10-2010 02:22 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Hey! Im insane! Nice to meet you!

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
06-11-2010 01:40 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Hknudson5 Wrote:Hello, my name is Jackie and I am a rising junior. I love learning. I love reading. Ifa class is really good, I really love that class, but this year, I've got a lot of horrible classes. I'm just so frustrated because I'm willing to learn, but the teachers I have are so narro minded in their assignments that I just suck at my homework. I'm sick of teachers favoring and not understanding the true value of students. I just want to get out right now.
ps. I've checked out this site before when I really needed it, but this is my first post. Hello!

Sounds like you'll fit in here. I like to learn too, just usually not the crap they try to stuff down our throats.
random_name Wrote:Hey! Im insane! Nice to meet you!
Hello insane I am |55555|. Smile

Who am I? Who are YOU?
06-11-2010 02:05 AM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

You like it now? Just WAIT until you find out about *shot*
06-11-2010 02:06 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Raikuron Wrote:You like it now? Just WAIT until you find out about *shot*
Yeah *shot* is amazing. You need 500 posts to see it though and it's probably wordfiltering in to "*shot*" for the op so she doesn't know what's going on. lawl

Who am I? Who are YOU?
06-11-2010 02:08 AM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Actually, no. It was *shot* from the beginning. I never posted what *shot* was.
06-11-2010 02:15 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

MorikoMisa Wrote:I am Moriko, like "MOAR!" but with an extra three letters. I say hi! I also accidentally little brother into oven.
He taste crispy.
What do?

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
06-11-2010 02:16 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

|55555| Wrote:
random_name Wrote:Hey! Im insane! Nice to meet you!
Hello insane I am |55555|. Smile

Nice to meet you. Smile

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
06-11-2010 03:01 AM
Denied Offline
Banned

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Hknudson5 Wrote:Hello, my name is Jackie and I am a rising junior. I love learning. I love reading. Ifa class is really good, I really love that class, but this year, I've got a lot of horrible classes. I'm just so frustrated because I'm willing to learn, but the teachers I have are so narro minded in their assignments that I just suck at my homework. I'm sick of teachers favoring and not understanding the true value of students. I just want to get out right now.

herro, would you like an eggroll?
06-11-2010 06:30 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Ceiling Cat Wrote:
He taste crispy.
What do?
He also smell like roast chicken.

Joe said I should 'Turn it on high and roast an extra three minutes. Add BBQ sauce.'

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
06-11-2010 09:20 AM
thatstrangerapperkid Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Hknudson5 Wrote:I'm just so frustrated because I'm willing to learn, but the teachers I have are so narro minded in their assignments that I just suck at my homework.

Welcome to the community Jackie!

This is my main problem too. I'm a sophomore and I want to learn, but the assignments and curriculum are a waste of my time, especially when I have my own pursuits.
I'm seriously thinking of rising out now.

Sorry for the post, just needed to get that off my chest.
09-06-2010 05:04 PM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

We already scared her away, dumbass. Don't bump old threads.
09-06-2010 05:19 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Raikuron Wrote:...

We already scared her away, dumbass..
She probably just got bored with it.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
09-06-2010 06:42 PM