RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumbest thing ever said to me
Ringmeister Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Dumbest thing ever said to me

That not cooperating with someone who really had no right to be ordering me around was somehow rude. Seriously, my friend once said 'it doesn't matter how polite you spoke, you still weren't doing what they told you.' In refference to a security guard who was trying to physically detain my girlfriend in a walmart after we searched 5 minutes for a receipt that was with our new purchases, when I finally said 'sorry but we have to go we don't need to be subjected to this.' Because we fucking didn't have to be, they were discriminatory for one in asking us without even the excuse of a scanner going off and not asking anyone else, and besides that, we hadn't done anything so obviously they had no grounds to merit blocking my girlfriends way out, she finally had to get the cashier to vouche for us. I'm sorry, no, I'm not being fucking rude by saying have a nice evening, I'm a customer and a citizen, I have every right after 5 minutes searching for a scrap of paper to say 'no, we're not opening all our baggage and stuff just for your paranoia, we have stuff to do.' I mean what's next, check ALL our receipts from every store that night? and then what, look through our bags to make sure it all lines up? because really that's the only way to be sure, other than actually watching your fucking cameras or waiting for us to at least go through the scanners before picking us out of dozens of people and holding us up with no given reason. And my friend said I was rude because I didn't cooperate, no I wasn't rude, I had every right not to cooperate.

Fuck sake
06-13-2010 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
Re: Dumbest thing ever said to me

Your completely correct. I fucking hate this shit, every fucking store I go to somebody has to do something based on age. Also, you sound pretty cool.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
06-13-2010 12:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Your completely correct. I fucking hate this shit, every fucking store I go to somebody has to do something based on age. Also, you sound pretty cool.
This.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
06-13-2010 12:09 PM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:
Absentinsomniac Wrote:Your completely correct. I fucking hate this shit, every fucking store I go to somebody has to do something based on age. Also, you sound pretty cool.
This.
06-13-2010 12:09 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

This right here is so and your friend is no offense to you a shithead.

Security aren't cops and door checkers can only detain you if you agree to it.

You can refuse to deal with them and walk out the door when they ask for a reciept.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-13-2010 12:42 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:You can refuse to deal with them and walk out the door when they ask for a reciept.
Really?

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
06-13-2010 01:29 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:You can refuse to deal with them and walk out the door when they ask for a reciept.
Really?

Only police can detain you as far as I'm concerned. The school may think otherwise, but they can go fuck themselves.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
06-13-2010 01:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:
Really?

Yes..

Most stores to deal with the economic times(I worked a few stores temporary and some part time) hire lost prevention and are cheap on real security.

Lost prevention(no legal authority) and store employees cannot hold you in the store against your will and they cannot guide you to the back unless you agree to go(its not recommended as they don't have cameras back there and they can do what they want to you).

They can ask you for a receipt at the door and you can refuse but they cannot hold you in the store until you do. its just stores overstepping their boundaries.

If you meet some lost prevention and you aren't sure if their legal then ask for a badge and if they dodge the question or refuse then walk right by.

They touch you you sue and profit.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-13-2010 01:59 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Wow. That's... Really fucking stupid.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]