RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you laugh at this you're going to Hell
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
If you laugh at this you're going to Hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDa5G0czkTY
06-14-2010 04:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)
Re: If you laugh at this you're going to Hell

Didn't turn on captions, so I was just like :(
06-14-2010 04:22 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Mmmm, I can already feel the flames.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
06-14-2010 04:23 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Surprisingly......I didn't lol.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
06-14-2010 04:29 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

1. Turn on Transcribe Audio.
2. Laugh at the fail captions.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
06-14-2010 09:48 AM
యూజర్ పేరు Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

oh god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYpaVQBzSU8

I'm going to Hell twice.
06-14-2010 10:18 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

My name is TRAVIS, and I AM THE MOONSTAR! Ahahahaha why are these retards even allowed to live? Survival of the fittest should've picked most of them off years ago.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
06-14-2010 10:19 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I fucking hate you, Bob, for my stomach muscles hurt a lot and laughing like this did not help! MY NAME IS WILLIAM AND I LIKE TO WEAR DRESS--OH god my stomach!

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
06-14-2010 12:22 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I actually feel bad for William, poor kid's been dealt such a bad hand. Crippled AND a tranny? Poor kid's fucked.

That being said, William is my favorite... I couldn't help myself from loling at the first one though. Laugh

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
06-14-2010 01:28 PM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

If we're going to hell, think about the people who made this.
I really don't get the point. is this supposed to be some kind of heartwarming video for parents and down-syndrome kids to watch? Is there some underlying message that's supposed to shine through, like acceptance, or tolerance of those who are different?
It seems like it's trying to get through but isn't making it.

I'm not really amused by this, and I'm not angry or weirded out either- just confused.
Why?

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
06-14-2010 03:47 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Real men laugh at this video.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
06-14-2010 03:48 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

NowhereWoman Wrote:If we're going to hell, think about the people who made this.
I really don't get the point. is this supposed to be some kind of heartwarming video for parents and down-syndrome kids to watch? Is there some underlying message that's supposed to shine through, like acceptance, or tolerance of those who are different?
It seems like it's trying to get through but isn't making it.

I'm not really amused by this, and I'm not angry or weirded out either- just confused.
Why?
This. Who thought that video was a good idea?

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
06-14-2010 04:24 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

|55555| Wrote:Survival of the fittest should've picked most of them off years ago.

FAIL. Yet another failure of understanding natural selection.

On the other hand, LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee2rDzql ... re=related
06-14-2010 05:38 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hu0l2nu ... re=related

DA KAT AND DA WAYVUN

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
06-14-2010 06:05 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

psychopath Wrote:
|55555| Wrote:Survival of the fittest should've picked most of them off years ago.

FAIL. Yet another failure of understanding natural selection.

On the other hand, LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee2rDzql ... re=related
Actually I understand natural selection quite well. One of the few interesting things we learned in school this year. Some traits are desirable, some traits are undesirable. The traits that make a species most likely to survive get passed on as the organisms with the traits least likely to allow the species to survive slowly die out. Eventually this allows a species to evolve traits better suited to surviving. Sure, none of these RETARDS will reproduce anyway, (Or at least I sure hope not) but the fact of the matter is that if it weren't for the life support society has given them to allow for their miserable existence they wouldn't last a day. They all SHOULD have died off years ago. I say take off the life support for all who live like that and let them die, because they're only draining on society.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
06-14-2010 08:27 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

True. Cripples are one thing, but if someone's impaired genetically, they shouldn't be forced into life - and if so, then at least restrict them from passing on the flawed genes.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
06-14-2010 08:34 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

|55555| Wrote:Actually I understand natural selection quite well. One of the few interesting things we learned in school this year.

Because school is a very good learning resource.

If an organism is alive then it's sufficiently adapted to its environment to survive. Oh, if there was no modern medicine and nobody looked after retards etc etc, they would die, but maybe you haven't noticed people do look after these retards and they are allowed to live.

There's no such thing as "they're not supposed to live" unless you believe in some higher power. They are alive, so they are fucking alive. Natural selection isn't some conscious being that decides who gets to live, it happens automatically.

By this fail logic you could say that nothing on earth is "supposed" to be alive because if the Earth was swallowed by a blackhole then everything would die because they're not equipped to deal with it. Well, guess what, it hasn't been swallowed by a blackhole.

Natural selection has nothing to do with your version of toughness or fitness, it just means organisms best adapted to their environment survive. Technology is PART of our environment, so just because people depend on it doesn't mean they're not "supposed" to survive.

Quote:but if someone's impaired genetically, they shouldn't be forced into life

Since when do you get to decide that?
06-14-2010 08:47 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Shit. I'm going straight to hell.

Faith o' Meter
06-14-2010 09:04 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

psychopath Wrote:
|55555| Wrote:Actually I understand natural selection quite well. One of the few interesting things we learned in school this year.

Because school is a very good learning resource.

If an organism is alive then it's sufficiently adapted to its environment to survive. Oh, if there was no modern medicine and nobody looked after retards etc etc, they would die, but maybe you haven't noticed people do look after these retards and they are allowed to live.

There's no such thing as "they're not supposed to live" unless you believe in some higher power. They are alive, so they are fucking alive. Natural selection isn't some conscious being that decides who gets to live, it happens automatically.

By this fail logic you could say that nothing on earth is "supposed" to be alive because if the Earth was swallowed by a blackhole then everything would die because they're not equipped to deal with it. Well, guess what, it hasn't been swallowed by a blackhole.

Natural selection has nothing to do with your version of toughness or fitness, it just means organisms best adapted to their environment survive. Technology is PART of our environment, so just because people depend on it doesn't mean they're not "supposed" to survive.

Quote:but if someone's impaired genetically, they shouldn't be forced into life

Since when do you get to decide that?
FUCKING THIS
06-15-2010 12:40 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Wow, I cannot believe that I laughed. I mean, honestly. I didn't even use captions. This shit is so damn funny.

All of them should be killed.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
06-15-2010 12:58 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Quote:Because school is a very good learning resource.
Are you trying to be sarcastic? It actually is if you can get past the whole being forced to go there against your will thing.

Quote:If an organism is alive then it's sufficiently adapted to its environment to survive. Oh, if there was no modern medicine and nobody looked after retards etc etc, they would die, but maybe you haven't noticed people do look after these retards and they are allowed to live.

[Image: 1264284601092377000.jpg]

Who am I? Who are YOU?
06-15-2010 03:25 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

OMG CP
you gonna get v&

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
06-15-2010 03:31 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Life isn't about surviving. It's about living.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
06-15-2010 06:27 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Some of them just shouldn't live, I think. A lot of times, they're in a lot of pain, but we keep them alive anyway. It's sad.

Faith o' Meter
06-15-2010 07:59 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

|55555| Wrote:
Are you trying to be sarcastic?

Yep, school science teachers are a joke
06-15-2010 06:37 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

psychopath Wrote:
|55555| Wrote:
Are you trying to be sarcastic?

Yep, school science teachers are a joke
[Image: 1264284601092377000.jpg]

Who am I? Who are YOU?
06-15-2010 08:53 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

So what? Someone cares for them? Why should that change my opinion? They're detrimental to society. If you develop it in an accident or some such, then whatever. It's up to you. But from birth? Death.

06-16-2010 07:15 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

What makes someone who got in an accident and different from someone who's born with it? Neither are doing anything productive, so by your logic, if you got hurt in an accident, you should be put down.

Faith o' Meter
06-16-2010 07:19 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

AWOL Wrote:So what? Someone cares for them? Why should that change my opinion? They're detrimental to society. If you develop it in an accident or some such, then whatever. It's up to you. But from birth? Death.

Facepalm. I'm not being empathetic or some shit. I'm pointing out the fail logic of saying "they're not supposed to be alive cos of natural selection", because if they're alive then they're sufficiently adapted to their current environment. Environments change. Your fitness depends on your environment. You might survive in one and die in another, depending on which one you're most adapted to.
06-16-2010 07:20 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

psychopath Wrote:
AWOL Wrote:So what? Someone cares for them? Why should that change my opinion? They're detrimental to society. If you develop it in an accident or some such, then whatever. It's up to you. But from birth? Death.

Facepalm. I'm not being empathetic or some shit. I'm pointing out the fail logic of saying "they're not supposed to be alive cos of natural selection", because if they're alive then they're sufficiently adapted to their current environment. Environments change. Your fitness depends on your environment. You might survive in one and die in another, depending on which one you're most adapted to.
Not my point at all. If you're going to be an absolute fucking moron from birth, or have something wrong with the structure of genetics, you should die. This is called unnatural selection. Natural selection can go fuck itself.
CrayolaColours Wrote:What makes someone who got in an accident and different from someone who's born with it? Neither are doing anything productive, so by your logic, if you got hurt in an accident, you should be put down.

Whilst I agree, I'd probably get flamed for just 'if you get in an accident and damage your spine, go die in a fire'. At the very least, the people who are fucked up from birth are a pain to everybody and don't have a tragic story along with it. Oh, you had a third foot protruding from your head since birth? That's so sad! Fuck that. You're a freak. Die.

06-16-2010 07:24 PM