RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I hate religion
Depression101 Offline
Freedom Fighter

Given 273 thank(s) in 172 post(s)
Why I hate religion

Freidrich Nietzsche: one of the most ingenious philosophers to ever live. Everyday, brainwashed idiots, sheep of society, little well-trained puppies probably call him a Satanist or an anti-Christ; but, on the other hand, the personal of this site probably dedicate alters and sacrifices to him. He is one of the few philosophers who isn't a footnote to the Greeks, and is the grandfather of nihilism. He made many points but today I'll mainly discuss, and say why I agree on, his views on religion.

I found these great videos on the subject, which I encourage you to watch and consider. Though don't delve to deep into the School of Life channel, they have some really retarded content on there.

Watch on YouTube

And here is a longer, more in depth one:

Watch on YouTube

So, while I won't recount what the videos said, I trust you all will know I a hundred percent agree with their stance on religion. And I, myself, will give my own opinion on it, which, while similar, I decided to put into my own, not as good, words. I have no doubt that the authorship of the bible is authentic, certainly John, and Luke and the whole crew penned the bible as we know it; but, I'm pretty sure that they were all bloody schizos who happened to have very creative minds; or, perhaps, they preceded Tolkien in writing an epic fantasy, but everyone took it too seriously. I do find it perplexing and incomprehensible how people can believe in the bible so much, how can they believe in magic snakes, omnipotent beings, water turning to wine, and different goddamn realms of reality, Heaven and Hell, might as well be Alice's Wonderland and Oompa-Loompa land. So I started pondering how on people can be so stupid, and I came to a conclusion.

There is misery in this world, and there is a metric shitton of it. And people have different ways of dealing with it: writing, painting, other artistic expression, etc., etc. But some people just cannot bear to even conceive of all these horrible things in the world, they're so terrified of how horrible the world is that they have to force their weak, pitiful little minds to believe in an all-mighty, kind being with limitless power; and to excuse the horrible things in this world they had to believe in a powerful(but not omnipotent: that's too scary) boogeyman, and so Satan was born. I don't have a problem with alcohol and drugs if they're used right; that is to say, used to dull the pain of existence, used more as a form of escapism like books or movies, and not to deny to oneself the misery and horror in this world. As Karl Marx said, "Religion is the opiate of the people," and in Huxley motherfucking masterpiece of a novel, Brave New World, the people don't need religion because they have "soma," a drug which makes you instantly happy via a mindless high. That basically means that there will always be weak, frightened people, afraid like little toddler, of the big, scary world out there, and those people will always need to consume religion and soma to run away from what really matters.

Religion, like school and the media, brainwashes and condition, it steals free-will and free-though and infests the mind with pre-made ideals and views and beliefs. It is targeted at the weak-willed, at the feeble-headed, at the lower-class who envy most others, who display tremendous jealousy towards people better off then them (which translated into: almost everybody else.) And, instead of encouraging people to fight against the system, and follow their dreams, religion hammers people into a pigeon-hell of normal, boring life where one is constantly brainwashed: forced to consume, a worthless consumerist living a deluded life, whose name will never go down in history, who never will be anything; idiots and imbeciles spread religion like a plague(and, in a way, it is), and thus idiocy and stupidity is encouraged, which makes it even easier to condition, brainwash and control. Don't you find it suspicious that every single president supported religion, and encouraged it? Religion rewards mediocrity, because every one can be just another blip on the map, just another fish in the sea, but you actually have to fight to be different, fight to be a winner -- and religion doesn't want that. And since most people who consume into religion probably aren't strong, creative, ingenious, don't have a huge status or a lot of women; and so, as Nietzsche points out, religion flipped those thing on their heads and turned sexlessness into purity, weakness into goodness, submission and conformity morphed into obedience. And this cancer of religion is spreading, brainwashing more and more people everyday, promoting hypocritical values, encouraging people to become zombies.

"Then it was straight to the 40 ouncers/ slapping teachers and jacking off in front of my counselors." As the World Turns - Eminem.

"A man is a success if gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between does whatever he does what he wants to do." - Bob Dylan.

"A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong." - Orson Welles.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons, even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft.

"I became insane, with long intervals of painful sanity." Edgar Allan Poe.
06-24-2017 02:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra , Deleted
Deleted Away
Default User Title

Given 204 thank(s) in 138 post(s)
Why I hate religion

And religion is also forced on unwilling people. My parents tried to make me Jewish or something. I refused.

:
06-24-2017 03:03 AM
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)
Why I hate religion

Nietzsche hated nihilism

I want to be religious but I can't believe in anything for more than a few days

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-24-2017 04:51 AM
Depression101 Offline
Freedom Fighter

Given 273 thank(s) in 172 post(s)
Why I hate religion

It's kind of ironic that he hated nihilism since his work defines the term.

"Then it was straight to the 40 ouncers/ slapping teachers and jacking off in front of my counselors." As the World Turns - Eminem.

"A man is a success if gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between does whatever he does what he wants to do." - Bob Dylan.

"A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong." - Orson Welles.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons, even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft.

"I became insane, with long intervals of painful sanity." Edgar Allan Poe.
06-24-2017 05:03 AM
Gwedin Offline
dumb shithead

Given 559 thank(s) in 410 post(s)
Why I hate religion

i wish i was smart enough to understand philosophers like neetshay or spiritual enough to believe in a religion

i am stuck in this boring dumb mundane body so i will just better myself instead
or try to at least
06-24-2017 06:47 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)
RE: Why I hate religion

your view is eurocentric and brainwashed.

let me tell you, when "christianity" entered Rome, that "christianity" followed the axiom "when in Rome..."

have you any idea why the elites who rule the media and design your history books leave a gigantic hole where Islam's contribution is history lies?

nothing you described about religion ever fit the Islamic tradition as I have come to understand it.

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
06-24-2017 01:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alistoriv Offline
Sanity Not Included

Given 169 thank(s) in 114 post(s)

(06-24-2017 05:03 AM)Depression101 Wrote:  It's kind of ironic that he hated nihilism since his work defines the term.

It doesn't, it's a common misconception.

RIP GORE GOROTH
RIP SAINTVICIOUS
(03-20-2013 05:08 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Stand up with pride and say "No! I will not be a McDonalds employee. I WILL BE A GARBAGE MAN!"

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-24-2017 02:53 PM
stevehein Offline
Pariah

Given 327 thank(s) in 188 post(s)

(06-24-2017 01:56 PM)the Analogist Wrote:  your view is eurocentric and brainwashed.

let me tell you, when "christianity" entered Rome, that "christianity" followed the axiom "when in Rome..."

have you any idea why the elites who rule the media and design your history books leave a gigantic hole where Islam's contribution is history lies?

nothing you described about religion ever fit the Islamic tradition as I have come to understand it.

how are you feeling tA?

Smile
06-24-2017 06:37 PM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)

I feel religion and I are both misunderstood. Islam in particular is the religion I have stuck with precisely because of its non-conformity with that description of christianity in the west, also called by westerners "religion".

people really generalize about "religion" way too much, and its always westerners annoyed about christians.

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
06-24-2017 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevehein Offline
Pariah

Given 327 thank(s) in 188 post(s)

(06-24-2017 06:52 PM)the Analogist Wrote:  I feel religion and I are both misunderstood. Islam in particular is the religion I have stuck with precisely because of its non-conformity with that description of christianity in the west, also called by westerners "religion".

people really generalize about "religion" way too much, and its always westerners annoyed about christians.

ok thanks

could you help me understand more why you prefer islam over christianity and over no religion at all?
06-24-2017 07:54 PM