Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Poets Society
Depression101 Offline
Freedom Fighter

Given 243 thank(s) in 159 post(s)
Dead Poets Society

So, a long time ago, I watched this movie, called dead poets society. Here's the Link.

It's a great movie starring Robin Williams and directed by Peter Weir, who also directed The Truman Show. The movie deals with following your dreams and how school can destroy them, and how dangerous conformity is. I seriously reccomend giving it a watch. Just type the title in Google and add "full movie online" at the end if you want to stream. I think it should probably work.

Anyway, I'm here to talk about my shitty cunt-of-a-English teacher, too. See, I think she saw the movie once and thought it dangerous for us to take notes of it if we ever saw it. Well, since I already watched it, I joked to myself that she saw the movie when she asked us to stand on tables and "see the world from a different perspective." But it wasn't a joke when she started quoting lines from the movie about following your dreams, and not saying a word about the movie. The irony was, the advice was fucking true as shit, but she didn't mean it; she is strict, authoritarian, and hates us. The advice she gave was just to make it look like the education system is what Robin Williams actually tries to create in the movie. When in truth, the system is as fucked up as ever, and Robin William's character does not correlate with any teacher nowadays or ever; and the characters vision does not correlate with the current system; in fact, it contradicts it. So that's a good example of totalitarian, authoritarian conditioning, and brainwashing: lying to us about art so it doesn't inspire us. You shoulda seen the teacher, she was obviously bullshitting and happy about it.

"Then it was straight to the 40 ouncers/ slapping teachers and jacking off in front of my counselors." As the World Turns - Eminem.

"A man is a success if gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between does whatever he does what he wants to do." - Bob Dylan.

"A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong." - Orson Welles.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons, even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft.

"I became insane, with long intervals of painful sanity." Edgar Allan Poe.
05-05-2017 09:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: The man
The man Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 102 thank(s) in 91 post(s)
Dead Poets Society

Interesting....

their pee should hv been shot out like a ki blast breaking the rocks

oh and also No one has any rights. We're free, rights create invisible restrictions. But we live in a society where the majority accepts rights to be true.
05-05-2017 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dead Poets Society Darthmat 3 533 04-03-2008 06:26 PM
Last Post: Double