RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aspbergers & Meyers Briggs
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)

I feel like these topics ought to be discussed in tandem.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 91 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 125 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

I am: INFJ

After having my wife help me answer honestly and accurately:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 130 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 70 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

That was night and day...

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2017 01:21 PM by the Analogist.)
03-15-2017 05:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
There is no cause of anything

Given 204 thank(s) in 143 post(s)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 108 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 101 of 200
---------
INFP

"I’M BEGGING YOU, PRINCE ZUKO! It’s time for you to look inward and begin asking yourself the big question: who are you and what do YOU want?"
" While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing"
-Uncle Iroh(Avatar: the Last Airbender)
03-15-2017 06:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 87 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 98 of 200

INTP
03-15-2017 06:36 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 123 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 85 of 200

INFP

Interestingly, people on Aspie forums and such also do this MBTI comparison thing sometimes, and the most common type for Aspies is INTJ. The rest of the IN** are quite common as well. Anything with an S or E is uncommon. The overlap between these things is interesting.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-15-2017 06:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra
There is no cause of anything

Given 204 thank(s) in 143 post(s)

I found it a little hard to answer some of the questions on these tests since there is the shy anxious me that comes out when around people I don't know well/ non family and the more spontaneous and outgoing(but also liking to be alone) me that comes out around family.

Ex: Do you like being the center of attention? At home, heck yeah it's fun(For a little while at least).But, in public... No
I normally just answer uncertain on those.

"I’M BEGGING YOU, PRINCE ZUKO! It’s time for you to look inward and begin asking yourself the big question: who are you and what do YOU want?"
" While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing"
-Uncle Iroh(Avatar: the Last Airbender)
03-15-2017 07:08 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

RE: Aspbergers & Meyers Briggs

my prediction BTW is that more aspie people will tend to be IN's. this is based on:

Watch on YouTube

also this:

Watch on YouTube

so IN's tend to be more obsessive and insightful in ways that people have a hard time understanding. what they know they know very well and have a very hard time getting excited about other people find really fascinating. this sounds like aspergers to me.

who else is chiming in on this?

Follow me on Twitter!
03-15-2017 12:35 PM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 127 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200
Hidden stuff:
[Image: poly10a.php?p1=43&p2=90&...amp;p10=88]

And ISTJ

My aspie score is probably due to me having severe anxiety and SPD(as you can see in the hidden pic 'perception' is way up there on the aspie side). As far as I know this is not related to having Aspergers. Though I suppose it's a kind of chicken and the egg situation, do I seem like an aspie because of my anxiety, or is my anxiety due to being an aspie?
This is also the first time I've taken the Myers-Briggs and got IS, though I only got S by 1% so I did get a bit of text saying I may have characteristics of both ISTJ and INTJ.

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
03-16-2017 02:09 AM
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra , SoulRiser
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

I had my wife help me with test and compare other probable results, so my INFJ is pretty certain from where I sit

Follow me on Twitter!
03-16-2017 07:22 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:My aspie score is probably due to me having severe anxiety and SPD(as you can see in the hidden pic 'perception' is way up there on the aspie side). As far as I know this is not related to having Aspergers. Though I suppose it's a kind of chicken and the egg situation, do I seem like an aspie because of my anxiety, or is my anxiety due to being an aspie?
A lot of aspies (most, as far as I recall) have some sort of anxiety and SPD as well, so there's a lot of overlap there. You got a higher aspie score than me though... and I'm 95% sure I qualify for the aspie club. Not sure if that means much, based on an online test... Girls/women tend to not get diagnosed with Aspergers as often as guys do, even if they actually have it. Shrug

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-17-2017 02:16 AM
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

Quote:Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 89 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 126 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

I'm an INTP.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
03-18-2017 06:58 PM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

So it seems like per the quiz I got the highest aspie score so far...

My results were waay different when i took it by myself vs. having my wife help me. As an observer whose been married to me for 6 years, i trust those results a lot.

Follow me on Twitter!
03-20-2017 01:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jung/Briggs-Meyers Test Doc Johnson 293 162,858 04-30-2017 03:24 AM
Last Post: James Comey