Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep paralysis
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 244 thank(s) in 156 post(s)
Sleep paralysis

This has only happened to me once.

I was dreaming, that I was driving along a familiar road (one I use to get home from tuitions daily) , and then suddenly my eyes closed. Now, a vision impairment is no small issue when you're driving a two-wheeler on a crowded street; yet, in the dream my Scooty did not wobble at all while I was mentally yelling at myself to OPEN YOUR EYES, DAMMIT, OR YOU'LL DIE!!

I was totally unable to get my eyes to open both in the dream, and IRL. After a while, the sensations of driving my Scooty with eyes closed(road bumps, the engine rumbling, and so on) faded and I woke up. At least mentally. I was still unable to open my eyes. It's like my body wasn't connected to my mind anymore. And holy crap, did it scare the ever-loving shit out of me.

I think I might have laid on my bed, panicking silently for about 5-10 minutes or so; I was able to open my eyes a while later. This has never happened to me so far. I looked it up on the net later; thankfully, one-time sleep paralysis is not a symptom of a horrifying disease or something.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar?

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
12-11-2016 03:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HSHARK Offline
Revolutionary

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
RE: Sleep paralysis

I sometimes have trouble walking in my dreams. My legs are lead heavy and uncontrollable
12-11-2016 01:17 PM
craxyguy562 Offline
Pariah

Given 133 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

I've heard of sleep paralysis before and what I usually read is the person is laying in bed unable to move and they see a monster demon of some sort. With someone I know, they are in bed unable to move and they see people they know doing stuff around them.

[Image: gUJMoO7.png]

Hidden stuff:
Homework brings the hell of school home.

Gwedin Wrote:  Dat feel when you get home, realise it's Friday, and itch your buttcrack.
12-13-2016 02:20 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1937 thank(s) in 1193 post(s)

It used to happen to me quite often when I had afternoon naps. I learned to keep my eyes closed so that I don't see the freaky dark shadowy people around my bed. I wanted to be able to fall asleep and hopefully have a lucid dream (which happens quite often after sleep paralysis, if you can get back to sleep).

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-17-2016 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Inducing Sleep Paralysis Elfy 28 10,958 05-20-2012 11:37 PM
Last Post: SwiftEscudo