RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have to take an IT certification test and I'm nervous.
MusicAndFruits1092 Offline

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Hi.

I have to take a certification test for my technology class soon because my teacher keeps pushing me and it's the purpose of the class. The test costs like $100-$200 to take because it's the test that determines whether or not you get certified, and those certifications are actual certifications that can help you get great jobs. Almost about two months ago or about a month ago I went to go take that test and I failed it. Like I said my teacher keeps pushing me to go and test for it but I'm not ready and I keep stalling it. We've spent almost the whole entire school year so far just learning everything about computer hardware, and computer software just to get us ready for this certification test because that's everything that's going to be on the test. But I guess I feel nervous about the test because I don't know everything, and I'm not saying that because I'm nervous about the test but I really feel like I'm not ready for that test because there's a lot of things you have to remember for it. If I go test for the second time, and I fail the school is losing another $100-$200. That's embarrassing. Also my teacher says that I'm his only hope in my class to pass that test. I don't want to let him down too. And I would love that certification. And I've been reviewing, and reviewing but it's so boring. I'm going over all the material we have to help me study but it's not helping much because there are some aspects I'm still confused about. It's also hard to ask questions or get help too since the class is very focused around you learning yourself, and my teacher is strict so you're not allowed to talk and plus there's work that needs to be done. There's also a site I've been using to ask questions and get help to help me do a last minute review but I can't really get help because it's hard for me to even visualize or even think about what this does, or how it does that for example, and then sometimes when they do help they're either kind of rude or make it really confusing.

Do you guys maybe have any advice for me to study for this test, and maybe advice to not be so nervous about it? I'm more than likely probably going to either way retake it this week because I don't want him to think I'm stalling it, and honestly I've been holding it off many times. But I was stalling just because I didn't want to take it because I needed some time to review - but even in the time I've been given to review I still don't feel confident. After reviewing in the past month or two, I feel like I've only learned like 1% of the material probably.

And if I do fail (I'm not saying that like it's my goal) but what am I going to do? My teacher is strict, and he said I'm the only student that he has hope for (at least in my class) of passing the test because no one else has yet. And he's really strict and mean, please help me.

Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 01:04 PM by MusicAndFruits1092.)
04-10-2016 12:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Fuck your teacher. You're not studying and taking the test for him. You're taking it for yourself. Just retake it. I'm sure there's no limit on how many times you can take the test(other than financial limitations).

You care way too much about what the teacher thinks...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
04-10-2016 01:04 PM
MusicAndFruits1092 Offline

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
RE: I have to take an IT certification test and I'm nervous.

(04-10-2016 01:04 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Fuck your teacher. You're not studying and taking the test for him. You're taking it for yourself. Just retake it. I'm sure there's no limit on how many times you can take the test(other than financial limitations).

You care way too much about what the teacher thinks...

I know I can retake it, but I only have two more shots. There's a total of three shots. If I fail the second time .. that's not a good sign. And then if I fail the third time, then that's definitely not a good thing. And even though I'm not paying for the tests, I'd still feel bad though and I would feel bad if I fail through them all because that's a lot of money the school has to pay out. Hopefully I pass it.
04-10-2016 02:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  nervous about trying to leave school tomorrow shadow4586 11 6,961 06-04-2012 12:42 AM
Last Post: 4r4b7
  So. Fucking. Nervous. MorikoMisa 11 4,357 08-28-2010 12:54 AM
Last Post: MorikoMisa