RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrecking Youtube stupidity
HawkbitAlpha Offline
Pariah

Given 95 thank(s) in 67 post(s)
Wrecking Youtube stupidity

So I was on some Youtube video concerning a judge's handling of a disrespectful defendant. This happened in the comment section, when I wrote a comment against the jailing system.

I've been getting more and more politically involved lately, so this was...fun?

Quote:HawkbitAlpha - 3 days ago
It's not the judicial systems fault that some people keep coming back into the system. We throw people in jail for shit reasons anyways. We don't have any good rehabilitation programs or good ways of trying to "better" these people. For a lot of them, it's circumstance that continues to put them in the same position. I'm not talking about rapists and killers, but instead, things like petty theft or drug possession. Don't you think it would be hard to turn your life around and get a job having previously been in prison? That being said, they're going to continue until we find a better way to help these people. There's a reason convicts in my state's penitentiary (the infamous Louisiana State Penitentiary) are more or less there forever.

This isn't even mentioning the massive amount of people that are arrested for drug possession. We need to help these people, not damn them. Give them some way to work their shit out, and being put in prison isn't exactly the best way to rehabilitate someone.

alder1282 - 5 hours ago
+HawkbitAlpha
OR......
You can not obtain and use drugs in the first place.

If you take the risk of doing something illegal and are caught and then are punished for it, according to the 15-year-olds here there's something wrong with the "criminal justice system" and "fuck the police"? (who are just doing their JOBS in enforcing the laws that are currently in force in the locality in which they work, the writing of which they have nothing to do with anyway)

Do you people have any idea what taking responsibility for your own life and actions is and not blaming others? Probably not, and it's really not your fault. This is a result of the garbage culture and public school system that have brainwashed you "real good". Look at the BS campaign of Bernie Sanders. Here it is in a nutshell: EVERYTHING WRONG IN SOCIETY IS SOME OTHER PEOPLES' FAULT AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS YOUR RICH UNCLE WHO IS GOING TO TAKE MONEY FROM THE PAYCHECKS OF WORKING PEOPLE AND GIVE IT TO YOU. That's pretty much all he says. This is music in the ears to the immature young people here and across the country. I had to pay for my own college. Why is it the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT'S role to pay for yours? Of course the Federal Government doesn't actually have money of its own. So the question is: Why is it MY role - or rather, why should I be FORCED - to have to pay for YOUR college? Don't I have the right to decide FOR MYSELF how to spend my own money that I worked hard to obtain? I guess not, these days. Makes me wonder what they're teaching in American History and Constitution classes in the high schools these days, if they even teach these subjects anymore. Why is nobody talking about the COLLEGES who have tripled the cost of tuition while at the same time providing a lower standard of education ($200k for a crappy degree?), which education always comes with an indoctrination into the liberal mindset? Colleges used to be (since the 5th c. BC and since they took their modern form in those "medieval" Middle Ages - there's a quick fact for you that I'm quite sure has been withheld from you) unbiased places of learning where they taught you how to think, not what to think. Not anymore.

I know I'm going to be crucified on here for arguing for such crazy, antiquated ideas as Liberty and Personal Responsibility but that's ok. 99% of the hateful responses will just be self-validating "preaching to the choir" anyway, but maybe one person might see things differently. I can only hope.

Let's the insults begin!!

HawkbitAlpha - 1 hour ago
+alder1282 You just contradicted yourself. You're putting a lot of blame on us (the younger generation), yet the blame is actually on yours. The generation before yours left you with a country that had much more opportunity for everyone, where there were plenty of decent jobs out there, where you could work during summer and actually afford to pay for college. You could actually get a decent job out of high school. But your generation failed us. A high school education is a joke now. It can't get us much better than a shit job with shit pay. So what do we do? We go to college. The promise was that if you want a good life, study hard, go to college, and land a decent job. Sure enough, that promise was also broken. The job market is horse shit, and even your precious college degree we kept getting told we needed to work hard for became slightly more than a piece of worthless paper. We took the advice given to us by your generation and we graduated to a shit economy, shit job market, pitifully paying jobs, and now the added burden of a ridiculously high priced college system. Let me pay that high tuition with the shit job.

You also said, "Makes me wonder what they're teaching." - let me bring up to light that it was your generation that made the school system we took. It was your generation that picked the teachers we listened to and the skills we learned. So yeah, don't forget that it was your generation that failed us. We have to learn on our own all the shit you should have taught us. We are the most educated generation ever, in the history of this country. Too bad the education your generation provided was worthless.

When you say "I had to pay for my own college", you sound like a fucking idiot. It's not like it was before. It wasn't hard to get a decent paying job in your day and the cost of tuition was much lower. Paying for your own college in your day was, dare I say, easy. Now it's extremely difficult to land a decent paying job (even with a college degree) let alone pay full tuition. Don't even try to compare our situations unless you want to come off looking extremely ignorant.

And by the way, the government paid for what you needed to get a decent paying job in your day. Is it a crazy idea that we want that same thing? The only difference is that, in your day, it was high school, and now it's college. And yes, you should decide what you pay for. But you are also forgetting: we also all chip into services we want from our government. A large part of our society, for example, at some point, wanted to live in a safe society, and so we all decided to chip in for a police force. Today, a significant number of people want to live in a society where anyone can go to college, regardless of income. You don't have to agree with it. Democracy lets you have your say with your vote. But don't pretend it's this god awful, selfish idea, the incarnation of all evil. What does the society you want to live in look like? When you get that idea in your head, you vote. But if you're going to speak out against this, don't compare it to your day. Ever.

You know why we think there's something wrong with the criminal justice system? Because it's prejudice and dumb. Did you know that whites and blacks smoke marijuana at near identical levels, yet a black person is almost 4 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than a white person? Does that scream justice to you? Did you know cops have a thing called the blue wall of silence, where they look the other way if a fellow cop commits a crime? Does that scream justice to you? Do you know how often I've seen a police report claim something (justifying the use of lethal force), yet the video is nothing like the claim? Does that scream justice to you? Yes, I think our criminal justice system is broken.

You also said, "Why is nobody talking about the COLLEGES who have tripled the cost of tuition while at the same time providing a lower standard of education." Well, don't you just love capitalism and a free market? Are we going to keep pretending that everything is where it should be, or is the spell now somewhat broken?

I think I summed up a lot of SS's arguments in that second post of mine. Had this guy been spewing his BS here, I would have gone a mile further with it.

RIP GWEDIN (2013-2017)
RIP URITIYOGI (2016-2017)
RIP NIGHT (2009-2017)
RIP VONUNOV (2008-2017)
RIP WES/THEWAKE (2007-2017)
RIP USERNAME (2013-2017)
RIP HAWKBIT (2013-2017)
RIP SS

"Write me a little report of [my video], so I know you watched it, or you get another warning. One of my other goals is to make this forum a bit of my own class...So, tell me, how you feel about the new rule of having you do homework? Or you get another warning. So, do you want to do this or not?...Please send a PM and tell me if you're willing or not. I will probably give you 24 hours to send the PM. No PM will indicate to me that, no, you don't want to do things in this new way. So, you will be saying goodbye."
-Stevehein, promise-maker and Führer moderator of SJW-Survival, 2017

Hidden stuff:
03-31-2016 07:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The sheer stupidity of ID's Stadium 19 6,968 01-10-2012 10:56 AM
Last Post: Stadium
  The stupidity of teachers RandomTroll 4 2,752 09-19-2011 01:10 PM
Last Post: flann
  Referals Of Stupidity HeartofShadows 95 23,132 03-09-2011 02:19 PM
Last Post: SaintVicious
  Stupidity యూజర్ పేరు 3 2,339 05-28-2010 09:00 AM
Last Post: యూజర్ పేరు
  Stupidity spreading like the Flu Psionicsavior 22 7,069 12-14-2006 01:57 PM
Last Post: Guest