RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Prank Idea Thread
Sainika Offline
(Divine Subconsciousness)

Given 7 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Wink Senior Prank Idea Thread

Post your senior prank ideas here. I'll start.

My senior prank was set up as such:

I do know some HTML and CSS programming, so I created a fake "hacked" page with typing text, with Visual Basic code to make it look all hackery.

Black and Blue text, Blue matrix background on the page. Music playing in the background when you open it up (hidden youtube embed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO4lKCz50Qo
(The song that played)

And you know, I decorated it and such.

I saved it on a flash drive and since the computers only used one user profile, made it easier for me to copy the file to Downloads because nobody looks there.

One day, while we were at lunch, I told the lady I needed to shit (didn't say *that* obviously) and went to the bathroom. Snuck into the computer lab where we were heading to afterwards, got on ALL the computers, and opened up Internet Explorer and Google Chrome (browsers installed on it)

I made the homepage the "Hacked" html file and then pressed Ctrl+Alt+Left to turn the screen sideways (Gotta love Windows 7, right?)

We came onto the computers, and the screens were sideways. Took like 10 minutes before the kids, and IT team fixed it. Then we went on the homepage....

Looked at it for a good minute or two, and in very small text at the bottom I put "This prank has been orchestrated by the [omitted] High School senior class of 2015". Me and some other Seniors (mixed class) stood up, everybody gave us a round of fucking applause, and then we got saturday detention. Worth it.

Scrapped Ideas:

Okay, so some of you may have seen the music video for "23" by Miley Cyrus. You know "In the club, high on purp, with my shades on"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw4-iyHDs_g

Well we were gonna sneak into the office while it was empty, lock the door, with a friend, grab his Beats Pill, and blast that song

And we rap the song to the entire school. Cuss words and everything.

------------------------------------------------------

We were also gonna sneak into the school at night (the locks suck, it's a chain LMAO), and duct tape the cafeteria, front door, gym door (in the back), stairwells, and various classrooms that were anything BUT senior ones exclusively.

Another one is where we take some Ford trucks with diesel stacks. Show up right when the buses come (which was about 7:30) and just STOMP ON IT while it's in Park. It'd fill the parking lot with smoke.

Ordering a Nazi flag on Amazon (don't worry, none of the kids were jewish) and replacing the American flag with it, early in the morning.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 06:54 PM by Sainika.)
02-05-2016 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)
RE: Senior Prank Idea Thread

My junior year, the seniors taped a dildo to the head of our statue of the mascot.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
02-06-2016 02:44 AM
awesomejuan36912 Offline
Renegade

Given 14 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

(02-06-2016 02:44 AM)no Wrote:  My junior year, the seniors taped a dildo to the head of our statue of the mascot.

that sounds like a jock in a 2006 tween movie

[b]EMOJI PARTY, BIOATCHHHHH
BiggrinConfusedCuckooFuHuh
02-06-2016 09:37 AM
Sainika Offline

(02-06-2016 02:44 AM)no Wrote:  My junior year, the seniors taped a dildo to the head of our statue of the mascot.

My sophomore year, the seniors ziptied the lockers.
02-11-2016 02:27 AM
Shurpeh Offline
Rebel

Given 17 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

I bought about five pounds of raw fish and hid it in celing tiles and inside a/c vents

Took them about a week to find/remove it all.
02-14-2016 12:49 PM
Sainika Offline

(02-14-2016 12:49 PM)Sharpie505 Wrote:  I bought about five pounds of raw fish and hid it in celing tiles and inside a/c vents

Took them about a week to find/remove it all.

That's a good one XD
02-20-2016 08:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I'm almost done...I'm gonna be a senior! kokoroki 22 9,449 05-22-2017 01:51 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  I feel like part of my Senior year was robbed away Anarchist Angel 7 6,178 02-20-2016 08:28 PM
Last Post: Sainika
  Senior Project Finale ..V.. 13 7,785 10-11-2013 04:21 PM
Last Post: RashedMohamed
  I'm Back and Senior Citizen Year Ky 5 3,748 08-25-2013 03:08 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  How Was Your Senior Year? EnemyOfTheState 4 3,413 08-19-2012 10:04 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  EFO, IDEA, Donations, and get in this thread. Absnt 41 11,690 02-05-2012 05:45 AM
Last Post: Miller0700
  Senior Projects Absnt 18 5,153 09-22-2011 11:21 AM
Last Post: Miller0700
  What is wrong with public education-my senior project Super Max61 2 2,492 04-05-2011 04:18 AM
Last Post: Leon Kinotolian
  My idea for an end of year prank. scarabeetle101 19 4,158 07-11-2009 12:04 PM
Last Post: Thought Criminal
  Controversial Last Day Prank (My Idea, Need Advice). S. 50 8,204 07-01-2009 08:19 AM
Last Post: Amortisatie