RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25.5 Reasons why I hate school and the education system
awesomejuan36912 Offline
Renegade

Given 14 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
25.5 Reasons why I hate school and the education system

The higher the number, the more I hate it.
1. Bullies believe that they have power over you no matter what. They sass you around, give you physiological and physical torture, and more.

2. Homework. Hate school? Well thanks to our new product, you get to bring the boring and idiotic hours you waste at school to home!

3. Waking up in the morning for another 6-7 hours when the sun isn't even up yet is a major pain.

4. School bathrooms are more disgusting then watching your grandmother naked in your backyard.

5. School lunches are very similar to prison lunches, effortless and painful to eat.

6. Stress is horrible. The education system thinks stressing you out with due dates and work means "learning".

7. Teachers HATE entertainment in school, and they consider it like a homicide.

8. Your age will at least get discriminated at least 3 times in your school year.

9. Staff members will lie to parents about the school quality.

10. When you get bad grades, your parents will make you do a certain time of boredom, which adds up to the boredom at school, which means even WORSE grades.

11. Parents will always say school is the most important thing in your childhood. What about LIVING a actual childhood?

12. Even though it is the most common, it is the worst way for mass socializing.

13. Dropping out, getting a GED, or other alternatives "means" by the community that you will completely go nowhere in life.

14. It always has its completely stupid Friendship Grams or Bake Sales to lure students into wasting more money into the school.

*14.5 I don't know if this happens in your school, but my school censored out Valentines Day, and replaced it with Friendship Day.
Stupidity at it's finest.

15. The fact that you will forget everything you learned when you finish school.

16. Any type of socialization is banned.

17. School IS prison. Locked in a building, lines, rules, and such others.

18. Stupid school trends. People in schools alway saying things like "Roasted", "Noscoped", "Deez Nuts", and "What are Those" infest them.

19. The mental effects all of this can give you.

20. Incredibly over protective people.

21. Teachers will scream at you for ANYTHING.

22. Physical Education leaves you like a pool a dull sweat.

23. 2nd language schools do allow other languages, but enforce and pressure them their language.

24. Confusing work? Allow the state to make it more confusing.

25. How fun! A end of the year test where you need to memorize everything you learned in the last 9 months.

That's all I have. BUH BAI.

[b]EMOJI PARTY, BIOATCHHHHH
BiggrinConfusedCuckooFuHuh
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2016 07:20 AM by awesomejuan36912.)
01-31-2016 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aureate Offline
Renegade

Given 86 thank(s) in 36 post(s)
RE: Reasons why I hate school and the education system

Bake sales are a little high lol, but this is a nice list.

Quote:8. Your age will at least get discriminated at least 3 times in your school year.

Well, it's not wrong. But to be more specific, you will be discriminated against constantly for your age. Nearly all the things we hate about school would be highly illegal (and look dystopian) applied to adults.
01-31-2016 02:58 PM
 Thanks given by: sswbm , Superkamiguru , The man
Sainika Offline
(Divine Subconsciousness)

Given 7 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Reasons why I hate school and the education system

Watch on YouTube

"Get the fuck up out ma muddafuckin FACE!!"

"Ay brah you got a pencil I can borrow?" "I got a 'get the fuck out my face' you can borrow, i got a 'back yo ass up' you can borrow and I even got a '..........' you can borrow"
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2016 06:44 PM by Sainika.)
01-31-2016 06:43 PM
awesomejuan36912 Offline
Renegade

Given 14 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
RE: 25.5 Reasons why I hate school and the education system

Thanks dud. Send this to a school or someone else
?

[b]EMOJI PARTY, BIOATCHHHHH
BiggrinConfusedCuckooFuHuh
02-01-2016 11:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I can't hate school enough Sunflower 7 13,300 06-24-2017 08:53 PM
Last Post: stevehein
  How Do We Change the School System? Subb 58 37,978 05-31-2017 02:42 AM
Last Post: Math_n_Logic
  How to Effectively Change the School System Math_n_Logic 24 10,218 05-01-2017 04:22 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  i hate school so much.. lonelypanda 3 3,952 03-02-2017 12:26 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  My problem with the School System Batman 4 4,748 01-30-2017 08:30 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  I Hate School Guest 13 7,164 01-21-2017 08:54 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Is it OK that kids hate school? lisafromjackson 12 10,848 01-03-2017 08:11 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Reasons why I hate school and the education system awesomejuan36912 7 12,446 01-03-2017 07:43 AM
  What is your -real- opinion on the public school system? Ky 27 15,262 01-03-2017 07:31 AM
  [Quiz] How much do you hate school? SoulRiser 16 13,494 12-19-2016 12:16 PM