RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorrowglen
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Sorrowglen

New Sealand

Scouts of the Grove

[Image: mapofinternetp.jpg]

[Image: flagav.jpg]

Above middleland, deathumania (soon to be renamed), is a land of everlasting night, having not seen daylight for decades, due to the overactive volcano in the region; though the residents believe it is dark magic, it is surrounded by a shroud of darkness. The land consists of dark forests, and ash mounds are plentiful throughout the region, locals and the military have found special uses for this ash, which they have found had unusual properties.

However, there is light in the dark for deathumania, literally. The splendid city of Deinen lies among the diseased woods on the north western peninsula of the country, it has many lights and illuminates the night, the marble-lined roads and many other luxuries draw people from across the land, but beware if you stray from the main square and it's surrounding amenities, for the Dulled Ward in the eastern part of the city is infested with thieves and is a battle zone between government troops and gang lords' men-at-arms.

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-15-2010 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

RUNNING OF THE NETHER FLESHSTALKERS

RUNNING OF THE NETHER FLESHSTALKERS

Amortisatie, Grand Herald of Deinen, would like to introduce the Running of the Nether Fleshstalkers. The intro can be found in the Official Nation Game Topic. We are inviting every nation to send participants for the race, and the winning nation will be taught one of our technologies of their choosing, and a prototype Whisper Wraith assault tank, along with watermelons, lots and lots of watermelons, the runner up won't get anything, because they will most likely be dead, but if they do survive, they will get a Medal of Bravery and a popsicle. So join on in for a chance for victory and honor!

(Basically, i'm going to write down all the nations who participate and put them in a hat, the one i pick out will win, but i will try to write a narrative on the race how it might have gone)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-17-2010 03:41 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Re: Sorrowglen (Deathumania)

The Grand Herald of Deinen is displeased at the lack of countries participating in the Running of the Nether Fleshstalkers, are your people cowards? Does the thought of something chasing them send them crying back to their bed in their bunny pajamas? Most of the participants from Sorrowglen even come back for more the next year, and a majority of those have taken on a Fleshstalker in hand to scythe combat and won. We are sorry if your strongest people are too wimpy to join in on the fun, just think of the watermelons your nation will be missing out on.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-17-2010 04:44 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Re: Sorrowglen

Current Participants:

- A party of 50 drugged up people from Halogenland (estimated)
- Around 3000 residents from Sorrowglen
- 10 of the most known criminals, 4 lesbians, a cat-eared loli, and the tentacle chair from Innernet
- 25 "volunteers" from the CSSR

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-17-2010 06:06 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I volunteer 25 criminals from the CSSR to forcefully run in the race, There set for death penalty anyway.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
07-17-2010 11:50 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I sent 10 of my most well known criminals, and 2 pairs of lesbians, also a very cute cat-eared loli. And the tentacle chair.

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
07-17-2010 11:54 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Making progress Biggrin

(i'm trying to flex my imagination by narrating this race, should be fun)

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-17-2010 11:54 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Also, deadline for entry is in 2 hours

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-17-2010 12:17 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

And I will begin writing the race when i feel like it

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-18-2010 05:58 AM