RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My teacher is a eugenicist
Shredded Offline
Beast

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Hey guys, this is my first post so don't judge.

I am really creeped out by my science teacher. He is really well-liked in my school by most of the students and staff. I was in his class one day and he was talking about what he would do if he was the ruler of Earth. He said that you would have to have an ACT score of at least 27 to be able to have kids. I thought this was really fucked up but I didn't say anything.

Anyways, what do you guys think?
11-25-2015 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)
RE: My teacher is a eugenicist

We need less stupid in the world, but the cause of the stupid isn't stupid-genes (or at least, for the most part) and standardized tests are a stupid measurement of stupid.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
11-25-2015 03:54 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Maybe he was just joking...

If not, basing it only on the ACT test sure shows a certain mental rigidity considering that it only tests how much you've been paying attention in school.

I hope he was joking.

If the government starts saying who can have kids, whatever standard they use is probably going to be pretty arbitrary, so let's just not go there.

We're reaching a point where our population is becoming unsustainable and therefore should be limiting the total number of kids people can have as China did. It's drastic, but it seems inevitable that if we don't do something drastic that a mass die-off will be the result. Future tech may be able to mitigate this to an extent.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015 07:48 PM by Sunbourn.)
11-25-2015 07:43 PM
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

(11-25-2015 03:05 PM)Shredded Wrote:  he was talking about what he would do if he was the ruler of Earth

sounds like someone on here...
11-25-2015 09:09 PM
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

(11-25-2015 09:09 PM)Dead Wrote:  
(11-25-2015 03:05 PM)Shredded Wrote:  he was talking about what he would do if he was the ruler of Earth

sounds like someone on here...

That guy is such a wannabe.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
11-26-2015 12:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

There's a long line for title of Ruler of Earth but I called dibs long before anyone else!

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
11-26-2015 02:55 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(11-25-2015 07:43 PM)|55555| Wrote:  We're reaching a point where our population is becoming unsustainable and therefore should be limiting the total number of kids people can have as China did. It's drastic, but it seems inevitable that if we don't do something drastic that a mass die-off will be the result. Future tech may be able to mitigate this to an extent.
The average number of children per woman in the US is less than 1.9, which is well below replacement rate. In other words, at that rate the population of the US would eventually decline, excluding immigration. (Currently the natural growth rate in the US is positive because of the age distribution, but that can't hold as a long term trend with low fertility rates.) Globally, fertility rates have been declining for decades - although the population is still growing, the rate at which it's growing is decreasing. This is an almost 50 year-old idea (The Population Bomb was published in 1968!) that somehow still persists despite the fact that those kind of predictions have not really borne out.

edit: Also an ACT score of 27 is ~87th percentile so unless Shredder's teacher expects everyone allowed to breed to have like 15 children, he is probably the one too stupid to have children. You know, on top of being a fascist.

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 12:15 PM by magikarp.)
11-26-2015 12:08 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

You forget to mention that especially white folk are declining in population.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
11-26-2015 12:17 PM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Nobody should be allowed to reproduce until sex has been replaced with something that isn't disgusting.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
11-26-2015 12:19 PM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

(11-26-2015 12:17 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  You forget to mention that especially white folk are declining in population.
Is it relevant?

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
11-26-2015 12:19 PM
no Offline
True Scotsman

(11-26-2015 12:19 PM)magikarp Wrote:  
(11-26-2015 12:17 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  You forget to mention that especially white folk are declining in population.
Is it relevant?

Why yes, when you take into account the different emphases that different economic classes put on family vs. career. And since the class system in the US is very racially polarized (thanks segregationists!) we see differing fertility rates in different races. I'm probably on yet another list now for calling it like it is.

Hello, traveler.

11-26-2015 12:30 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Is it relevant?

Considering how whites have realistically have been those with "better" lives compared to those in Asia and Africa, I'm sure the fact that their decline might fuel racism on both sides for those who are motivated by racial hatred(whites claiming that they must protect their race and non-whites claiming it's time to seek revenge on the white man).

We may technically not have it, but all it takes it'd take is a spark to get the ball rolling down a very nasty hill.

Plus what no said.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
11-26-2015 12:45 PM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

(11-26-2015 12:45 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  
Is it relevant?

Considering how whites have realistically have been those with "better" lives compared to those in Asia and Africa, I'm sure the fact that their decline might fuel racism on both sides for those who are motivated by racial hatred(whites claiming that they must protect their race and non-whites claiming it's time to seek revenge on the white man).

We may technically not have it, but all it takes it'd take is a spark to get the ball rolling down a very nasty hill.

Plus what no said.
I think there's two (related, obviously, but not equivalent) issues. One is racial differences in fertility rates in the 'developed' world and the other is differences in first- and second/third-world fertility rates.

On the first one, I'd predict you're likely to see a move towards more explicitly class-based discrimination rather than race. This has already happened to a degree, in the sense that like, ~diversity~ means college-educated, upper-middle class people of varying colours and also maybe a token fag or something. Kind of a similar thing to how Italian immigrants or w/e weren't 'white' 100 years ago. (It's probably worth noting here that I'm not in the US so I can't totally speak to how that plays out there.)

Second one, you're actually seeing fairly rapidly declining fertility rates in most places.

Either way I don't really see it being a big deal I guess. Demographics change.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 01:14 PM by magikarp.)
11-26-2015 01:12 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Obviously we need another world war. War makes babies.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
11-26-2015 01:25 PM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Adults are useful. Babies are useless. Destroying the useful to produce the useless is illogical.

Hello, traveler.

11-26-2015 02:58 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(11-26-2015 02:58 PM)no Wrote:  Adults are useful. Babies are useless. Destroying the useful to produce the useless is illogical.

Technically speaking, we'll just be destroying the adults who aren't contributing to the private sector. And those guys can easily be replenished by new babies. Mwahaha

I'm sure US birth rate could rise a bit if corporations stopped being so rigid on women having babies. A women shouldn't really need to have to make a choice between "child or career" just because their boss will fire them because they're taking care of their kids after having worked their ass off to get to whatever position they managed to get to.

I mean with the amount of time the male executives waste on golf, bars, dinner, and hookers I'm sure the women who don't indulge in those waste the same amount of time but without the same level of criminality. Or something like that idk.
(I'd personally just have like a deputy/assitant/vice-position/qualified candidate pick up that slack for a temporarily boosted pay cause I'm not a dick who thinks his employees are just cogs in a money-making machine)

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 03:26 PM by brainiac3397.)
11-26-2015 03:22 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

the autism is strong in this thread

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
11-27-2015 05:08 PM
Ilija.m Offline
Revolutionary

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

(11-25-2015 03:05 PM)Shredded Wrote:  Hey guys, this is my first post so don't judge.

I am really creeped out by my science teacher. He is really well-liked in my school by most of the students and staff. I was in his class one day and he was talking about what he would do if he was the ruler of Earth. He said that you would have to have an ACT score of at least 27 to be able to have kids. I thought this was really fucked up but I didn't say anything.

That is creepy i also had teachers creepy such as this one
11-28-2015 10:34 AM
Shredded Offline
Beast

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

(11-28-2015 10:34 AM)Ilija.m Wrote:  That is creepy i also had teachers creepy such as this one

I know, I am glad he is no longer my teacher. He is also a super-religious nut, which is weird because he also teaches evolution...
11-28-2015 02:23 PM
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

(11-25-2015 03:05 PM)Shredded Wrote:  Hey guys, this is my first post so don't judge.

First, that is fucking bullshit. Seriously. Second, the ACT doesn't measure intelligence. It measures how good you memorize shit.

So, someone who is rather dumb (say, an IQ of 85) can cram a ton of information in their head and get ~87% percentile. However, one who is rather smart (say, IQ of 135) can have a bad day or simply be bad at tests and not be able to have children. His plan is clearly flawed.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
11-28-2015 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DreamRebel Offline
Previously Lucky-Feet

Given 113 thank(s) in 77 post(s)

Holy shit. Tell him to get a time machine and spend a week in Pennhurst or something before he says another word.

And not only does the ACT only measure how much you're memorized from classes, but it's also really stressful for the sorts who can't sit still for long hours, and downright unhealthful for anybody with Eczema or something else that might need to attend to a medical condition at indefinite intervals. I could go on and on with more flaws to his plan.....
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 08:58 AM by DreamRebel.)
12-02-2015 08:56 AM
Japantakemyheart100 Offline
Defiant

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Yikes. Your teacher sounds like an elitist, you know the type that declares that intelligence is the best (which I think is bullshit because intelligence is same as wisdom, heart, kindness, etc.). Glad he's not your teacher anymore, because he's creepy as hell when he says things that disregard human rights. Yikes again. Plus, standardized tests are awful because they don't truly measure the real potential of a person is, only the memorization part.
12-16-2015 02:19 PM
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 228 thank(s) in 166 post(s)

And...?
12-18-2015 01:51 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

my teacher has a hitler mustache
what a terrible guy

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
12-19-2015 07:00 AM
Brick Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Well, I can kinda see where he's coming from. If stupid people have children, then they'll likely not be raised very well, and have a terrible life due to terrible parents. But I don't think an ACT score is a good way to test that.
01-02-2016 08:22 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Remember that the preacher's son might not become a priest.

A terrible life could be what makes a person turn out great.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-02-2016 12:28 PM
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 228 thank(s) in 166 post(s)

(01-02-2016 12:28 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  A terrible life could be what makes a person turn out great.

I like to think that if one hasn't led a life of hardship, he won't achieve or create anything remarkable.
01-02-2016 09:57 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Not that you want to force everyone to go through hardship, but those who endure a difficult life and overcome it are probably well suited to further progress. And this doesn't have to be at birth. There are those living normal lives till something screws up, they fail hard and get a crappy life, but then work hard through it and come out better then before.

The idea is to grab the hardship, kick it in the nuts, stomp the crap out of it, and beat it with a bat. Then rob it and kick it into a ditch.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-03-2016 09:37 AM
IronicallyNamelessUser9 Offline
Rebel

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

People with stupidity and ignorance on that level should be the ones who cannot have kids.

Unless he was joking, then just laugh it off.

school is about as fruitful as a dead apple tree.
01-26-2016 07:08 AM
Sainika Offline
(Divine Subconsciousness)

Given 7 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Which is why white racism exists
02-11-2016 02:31 AM