RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart refuses to bake Confederate flag but bakes ISIS cake
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

Given 29 thank(s) in 20 post(s)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...esign.html

This newspost was originally made on June 29, 2015

Quote:Walmart has been forced to apologize after it apparently agreed to bake an ISIS-themed cake for a Louisiana customer - just a day after refusing to create a Confederate battle flag cake for him.

Chuck Netzhammer submitted a request for a cake featuring a photo of the Confederate flag, with the slogan 'Heritage Not Hate' printed across it, to his local Walmart store in Slidell on Thursday.

The store reportedly denied his request, which was made just a week after the Charleston, South Carolina, church massacre. Bakery staff wrote 'cannot do cake' on Netzhammer's submission.

Scroll down for video
'Mistake': Walmart has been forced to apologize after it apparently agreed to bake this ISIS-themed cake for customer Chuck Netzhammer - just a day after refusing to create a Confederate battle flag cake for him
+8

'Mistake': Walmart has been forced to apologize after it apparently agreed to bake this ISIS-themed cake for customer Chuck Netzhammer - just a day after refusing to create a Confederate battle flag cake for him
In a YouTube video, Netzhammer explains how his local Walmart store in Slidell, Louisiana, refused to ice this photo of the Confederate flag on a cake - but agreed to make him an Islamic State creation.
+8
Netzhammer shows off the ISIS-themed cake, which Walmart has since apologized for baking
+8

Contrast: In a YouTube video, Netzhammer explains how his local Walmart store in Slidell, Louisiana, refused to ice this photo (left) of the Confederate flag on a cake - but agreed to make him an Islamic State creation. Right, Netzhammer shows off the ISIS-themed cake, which Walmart has since apologized for baking

The following day, Netzhammer handed in a second cake request - this time, for a baked creation featuring an iced version of the Islamic State's black and white flag - to test the store's convictions.

Incredibly, Walmart reportedly baked and iced the terror group-themed cake.

On Friday, Netzhammer took to YouTube to express his disbelief at the store's actions.
RELATED ARTICLES

Previous
Next

CNN confuses black and white flag covered in sex toy symbols...
Dean of the National Cathedral says he wants stained glass...
'The reason I came was to draw strength from all of you':...
'Southern culture is being exterminated': Hundreds rally to...

Share this article
12k shares

'Alright, Wal-Mart, you’ve got some explaining to do. I went to go buy a cake from you all the other day with this image on it and y’all wouldn’t do it,' he says in a video he later posted to the site.

'I went back yesterday and managed to get the ISIS battle flag [cake instead].'

In the caption written below the video on YouTube, the angry customer adds: 'ISIS is beheading Christians, selling little girls into slavery, and is currently a terrorist org at war with the United States........but you can't buy the General Lee toy car at Wallmart? It's a damn shame.'
Denied: The Confederate flag image Netzhammer had requested featured the words 'Heritage Not Hate' on it
+8

Denied: The Confederate flag image Netzhammer had requested featured the words 'Heritage Not Hate' on it
In his YouTube video, Netzhammer says: 'Alright, Wal-Mart, you’ve got some explaining to do. I went to go buy a cake from you all the other day with this image on it and y’all wouldn’t do it. I went back yesterday and managed to get the ISIS battle flag [cake]'
+8
This photo shows the ISIS cake made by Walmart
+8

In his YouTube video, Netzhammer says: 'Alright, Wal-Mart, you’ve got some explaining to do. I went to go buy a cake from you all the other day with this image on it and y’all wouldn’t do it. I went back yesterday and managed to get the ISIS [cake].' Above, his denied Confederate flag submission (left) and the ISIS cake (right)
Store: The Islamic State-themed cake was apparently baked by staff at this Walmart (pictured) in Slidell, LA
+8

Store: The Islamic State-themed cake was apparently baked by staff at this Walmart (pictured) in Slidell, LA

Walmart spokesman Randy Hargrove told the Daily Caller that the store had 'made a mistake'.

'The cake in the video should not have been made and we apologize,' he said, explaining Walmart had 'made the decision to stop selling Confederate flag-related items promoting the flag's image'.

He added: '[Netzhammer] brought in the other image of ISIS and really, what happened, was our associate didn’t recognize what that image was and what it meant or it wouldn’t have been made.'

In the video, Netzhammer also posed with the ISIS cake and showed off his bakery receipts.
Suspect: On June 17, 21-year-old Dylann Roof, from Shelby, North Carolina, allegedly shot dead nine people at the historically black Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina. Roof had posted photos of himself holding the Confederate flag (pictured) online in the months leading up to the killings
+8

Suspect: On June 17, 21-year-old Dylann Roof, from Shelby, North Carolina, allegedly shot dead nine people at the historically black Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina. Roof had posted photos of himself holding the Confederate flag (pictured) online in the months leading up to the killings

During the massacre at the historically black Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church on June 17, 21-year-old Dylann Roof, from Shelby, North Carolina, allegedly shot dead nine people.

These included the senior pastor and state senator, Clementa Pinckney.

Roof had visited some of the South's most notorious slave plantations and Confederate landmarks in the months leading up the killings, and had taken photos of himself holding the Confederate flag.

Since the massacre, goods associated with the flag have been taken off sale by many retailers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z3jzacCZ8T
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That isn't even the real confederate flag, and it's ridiculous that Wal-Mat didn't make a modified version of the popular, but not actual CSA flag cake, yet they fucking made an ISIS flag cake.

Here's the real Confederate flag:
[Image: Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_Americ...863%29.svg]
It's from this page on Wikipedia, by the way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_t...of_America

http://telekommunisten.net/the-telekommunist-manifesto/
The telekommunist manifesto
http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives/
Anarchist archives
https://www.marxists.org/archive/lafargue/1883/lazy/
The Right to Be Lazy, Paul Lafargue(An early marxist).
08-27-2015 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: vonunov
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)
RE: Walmart refuses to bake Confederate flag but bakes ISIS cake

With all the going-on about the Confederate battle flag in the news lately, it would have been completely retarded from a PR viewpoint for Walmart to make that cake. This recent media activity also makes it more likely that any given bakery worker at Walmart would recognize the symbol and see what trouble it might cause. I don't know if everyone is quite as familiar with the ISIS flag, at least not to where it would immediately set off alarms to anyone looking at it. And, of course, Walmart is not one person, so it could just have been a difference between the employees handling the requests.

So, looking at the cake in the article, it's just the ISIS flag; i.e., some Arabic writing. This might look like random bullshit to the unfamiliar, or if they recognize it as Arabic or think it may have something to do with them bad guys in the news, they may even steer away from saying anything about it to avoid any "sensitivity" incidents.
08-27-2015 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Dead , SoulRiser , Dikont5
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

Regardless, this is a pretty severe case of mistaken priorities.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
08-28-2015 01:27 AM
 Thanks given by: vonunov , UnicornLionWolf
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Well, I heard about this earlier this year, but it still scorches my mind. Just like when TV Land pulled the Dukes of Hazzard.

They don't blame citizens for what they do, they blame an inanimate object. With Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, did they blame the shooters? Hell to the fuck no. They blamed the gun, because a gun could TOTALLY kill by itself.

With Charlestown, did they blame that shooter? Hell to the fuck no. They blamed the fucking flag! I mean, for christ sake, the Confederate flag DOES NOT mean hate and white supremacy.

It's all propaganda. It's a thinly veiled attack on the Constitution, this whole situation. With the gun blaming, and now this. I hope more people see past the bullshit these government officials and 'activists' lay out and see this as an attack on our rights and the Constitution.

And, by the way, that's the wrong flag. The flaag he tried to get imprinted was the one on top of the General Lee, with the words 'Heritage Not Hate' in the middle of it.

Like this: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/u/us-csah.gif

Thank you for your time.

666 Baby Annihilator.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2015 02:15 PM by thesupremeanarchist.)
08-28-2015 02:12 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

No, he means the real official flag of the Confederacy was the one he posted above, whereas the one people remember is the one on the General Lee.

And that's the thing - personal accountability is dead. The government, the media, society as a whole... no one will ever blame the individual for the individual's crimes as long as something - anything - can be used to explain it away.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
08-28-2015 02:55 PM
 Thanks given by: ComradeDaryl
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

(08-28-2015 02:12 PM)thesupremeanarchist Wrote:  They don't blame citizens for what they do, they blame an inanimate object. With Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, did they blame the shooters? Hell to the fuck no. They blamed the gun, because a gun could TOTALLY kill by itself.

I agree. Blame the shooters. Adam Lanza killed those kids (and his mom, and later himself) at Sandy Hook, with an inanimate object called a gun. The gun did not kill the kids... Adam Lanza did.

Same goes with the Columbine and Virginia Tech shootings.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
08-29-2015 02:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

They'll blame everything but the cause. Typical really...

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
08-29-2015 02:50 PM
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

So it was Adam Lanza's guns. Or the internet. But it wasn't him.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
08-29-2015 02:55 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Blame guns,internet,TV,video games,books,god, and intoxicants but never the root cause.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
08-29-2015 11:37 PM
 Thanks given by: ComradeDaryl , Dikont5 , Missile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Le ISIS Conspiracy thesupremeanarchist 12 6,302 07-03-2015 08:57 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Newt Gingrich Praises Ethnic Cleansing, Quotes Confederate General Levio_Sah 22 8,816 03-01-2012 05:11 AM
Last Post: iexist
  Three Yale students arrested for burning U.S. flag Guest 13 4,413 05-16-2007 11:51 PM
Last Post: Thanatos Charr Overlord