RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh..Hi
Softspoken Offline
Button-Pushing Monkey

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
RE: Uh..Hi

I try to, I've straight told people "fuck off and leave me alone" and they laughed like I was kidding, see, I think that they perceive me as childish and nieve because I have reservations about discussing many things, especially personal things, but I'm not, I know what they're talking about, and WHO they're talking about, but if I confront 'em about it they feed me some fucking lie with a smirk on their face like they pulled one over on me.
08-08-2015 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Uh..Hi

Quote:I try to, I've straight told people "fuck off and leave me alone" and they laughed like I was kidding
Aah, you are surrounded by those monsters. So was I. I wish I could go back in time with my new-found ninja skillz and beat the stupid grins off their faces.

I guess if you were more intimidating they wouldn't react like that... but that's not an easy thing to learn. I'm 32 and I'm still working on it. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
08-08-2015 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Softspoken
Softspoken Offline
Button-Pushing Monkey

I wish you could soulriser, but I'm not very intimidating at all, and I'm sorry you had to put up with this shit too
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 11:43 PM by Softspoken.)
08-08-2015 11:12 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Uh..Hi

I used to be a real outcast... I would suggest joining/creating clubs for stuff you are interested in. There you could make friends and gain more allies in that way. I also live in a small town, and it worked for me. You could also gain find more enemies, but I have found many more friends than enemies joining clubs.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 12:07 AM by schoolsux.)
08-09-2015 12:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Softspoken
Softspoken Offline
Button-Pushing Monkey

Well, I do have a friend in choir, but for clubs that's about as far as it goes, I can't draw or play sports, and creating new clubs isn't really an option, it's a good idea though
08-09-2015 12:18 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

Friends are a waste of time, don't bother
08-09-2015 06:37 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Uh..Hi

Friends can make a huge difference, good or bad depending on the kind of people they are.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
08-09-2015 07:37 AM
schoolsux Offline

(08-09-2015 06:37 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  Friends are a waste of time, don't bother

Is this because you may have never had friends? Especially during school, you need friends. Or otherwise you will be a loner. Trust me it sucks to be a loner (I have been a loner before).

post #400

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 07:52 AM by schoolsux.)
08-09-2015 07:51 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

About your peers, I know it sounds sort of cliche but just ignore them.

Hear me out
I know that when we're younger, and when we have anxiety (raises hand) we get concerned with having people like us. But, It's a really self-destructive distraction. It's good to keep reminding yourself that they're not worth giving the time of day. Keep reminding yourself that they'll be just a fading memory in only a few years. They're not even worth confronting. If it helps, there's even evidence that kids like that are more likely to to pretty much fail life.

there was a time for me in 8th grade when I was being bullied Quite badly. I was being called names to my face. In one particular class myself and my (equally bullied outcast) group of friends often had paper airplanes thrown at us. When myself or one of my friend would enter the vicinity of a certain group of boys they would flee as though we had a contagious disease. My friends and I, at the very least, pretended we thought this was the most hilarious thing. We would actually almost instigate the situation. I think this is more of a coping mechanism than an actually sound method of stopping them though.
I will say this, once we were in high school that next year we were pretty much separated from those people most of the time. It was pure chance and luck that it ended up that way. However, I have doubts that the bullying would have continued even if I found myself in many of the same classes because high school was just different. That's not to say I didn't hate it, but people just don't seem to have even fucks to give to be so upfront. They'll still talk shit behind your back. But like I said, those people are irrelevant.

Remember to focus on the people who are your friends. Those are the people that deserve your time. Drown out everything else.

Oh and welcome to the forums Razz

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 09:57 AM by Night.)
08-09-2015 09:54 AM
schoolsux Offline

Uh..Hi

this is seriously the most posts in one thread within 24 hours i have seen on SS

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

08-09-2015 12:36 PM
Softspoken Offline
Button-Pushing Monkey

Thank you for the kind words and welcome night
08-09-2015 12:51 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

I haz good friends. Im probably charming guy. I dun know. Maybe that makes me more charming...

I get along with everybody. Mostly since I rely on others degree of respect in judging them (respect for me, others, themselves, animals, property ec.). Plus Im something of a taoist stoic. Make sense? Dun know u figure it out cause it clearly makes sense to me.

Used to have socializing issues. Gotten over em recently. Now I am as comfortable talking to a human as I am to a rock (actually Id find a rock a better conversational partner).

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
08-09-2015 01:54 PM
schoolsux Offline

Uh..Hi

At least a rock can't be an asshole to you.

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

08-09-2015 02:13 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

And it lets u pick it up and smash someones face in without complaint. Probably even enjoys it.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
08-09-2015 11:21 PM
schoolsux Offline

Uh..Hi

It lets you throw it in some asshole's window, too.

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

08-09-2015 11:35 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

But that'd be a self-sacrifice I could not stand!

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-10-2015 05:16 AM