RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl sues slavery system aka Selective Service
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

Given 29 thank(s) in 20 post(s)

https://www.rt.com/usa/310058-women-draft-usa-lawsuit/

Quote: A New Jersey teen has launched a class-action lawsuit against the US draft system, claiming its exclusion of women is unfair discrimination. With current Pentagon policies allowing women in combat roles, she says, the law should follow suit.

Filed by 17-year-old E.K.L., identified as Elizabeth Kyle by NJ.com, through her mother Allison Kyle, the complaint states the Military Selective Service Act violates the civil rights of women aged 18-25 by making them ineligible to sign up for the draft registry. Under the law, all male US residents are required to register.

In the complaint, E.K.L. says she tried to register for the draft on the Selective Service website, only to be rejected when she checked the “female” option.

“With both males and females available for such roles today, the two sexes are now similarly situated for draft registration purposes and there is no legitimate reason for the government to discriminate against the female class, so equal protection applies,” says the complaint, cited by Courthouse News.

“Further, with both males and females available for such combat roles, there is no reasonable basis for infringing the associational interests of the female class by preventing them from registering.”

Banning women from the pool of potential recruits is not rational, given the current roles women play in the US military, the lawsuit argues.

“If the two sexes can fight and die together, they can register together; if not, then no one should have to register,” the complaint states.

The first Selective Service Act was introduced in 1917 to raise troops for the US entry into WW1 after voluntary enlistments were slow to materialize. Another draft law was enacted in 1940 for WW2. Fueled by the resentment of the draft during the Vietnam War, Selective Service registration was abolished by President Gerald Ford in 1975, but reinstated under the Carter administration in 1980. In all cases, the requirements applied to men only.

Currently, all male US citizens and non-citizen immigrants are required to register with Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. Proof of registration is required for access to various federal programs, such as student loans, and as a pre-requisite for federal employment and naturalization.

While women have been allowed to join the military for years, they were kept away from the front lines under the 1994 Direct Ground Combat Definition and Assignment Rule. The rule was officially repealed in 2013.

According to the complaint, after the removal of the ban on women in combat, units involved in “forward operations” opened up 53,000 positions to women, while the military added an additional 184,000 positions for infantry and special operations troops.

With the courts cracking down on military discrimination by sex in recent years – for example, opening up the traditionally all-male military academies to female cadets – legal experts expected a challenge to the Selective Service system sooner or later. Rather than a man arguing about the unfair burden of the sex-specific law, however, the challenge came from a woman.

In her complaint, E.K.L. cited the January 2013 press conference by then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, announcing the abolition of the 1994 rule.

"Female service members have faced the reality of combat, proven their willingness to fight and, yes, to die to defend their fellow Americans,” he said. “In life, as we all know, there are no guarantees of success. Not everyone is going to be able to be a combat soldier. But everyone is entitled to a chance… As secretary, when I've gone to Bethesda to visit wounded warriors, and when I've gone to Arlington to bury our dead, there is no distinction that's made between the sacrifices of men and women in uniform. They serve, they're wounded, and they die right next to each other. The time has come to recognize that reality.”

The complaint seeks to represent US women between the ages of 18 and 25, and names the Director of Selective Services Lawrence Romo as the defendant.

I really hope that the Selective Service registration is made non-compulsory by this lawsuit, since the military draft is obviously slavery just like the current school system. It would fucking suck even more for our fellow ladies to sign up, even though no one has been punished for not registering since January 23 of 1986 (1). Fools like Charles Rangel have been trying to pass bills that reinstate the draft for both men and women, and no one in their right mind would support bills like that(2)(Remember what happened when the United States tried to conscript young men into the military during the Vietnam War?). I'd rather get shot than be drafted into the military.

Sources:
http://hasbrouck.org/draft/prosecutions.html
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-cong...509/titles
http://rangel.house.gov/press-release/ra...-times-war

What would you do if you were going to be drafted into the military?

http://telekommunisten.net/the-telekommunist-manifesto/
The telekommunist manifesto
http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives/
Anarchist archives
https://www.marxists.org/archive/lafargue/1883/lazy/
The Right to Be Lazy, Paul Lafargue(An early marxist).
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 01:39 PM by ComradeDaryl.)
07-26-2015 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
RE: Girl sues slavery system aka Selective Service

(07-26-2015 01:38 PM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  I really hope that the Selective Service registration is made non-compulsory by this lawsuit, since the military draft is obviously slavery just like the current school system.

I doubt that will happen, but anyway - correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't women only allowed to do certain things in the military while the men can fill any role?
07-26-2015 01:59 PM
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

women should be allowed to do whatever role they deserve in the military based on performance. it is time to treat women and men equally in the military draft process (and everything else). also the draft is bs.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
07-26-2015 03:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(07-26-2015 01:59 PM)Dead Wrote:  
(07-26-2015 01:38 PM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  I really hope that the Selective Service registration is made non-compulsory by this lawsuit, since the military draft is obviously slavery just like the current school system.

I doubt that will happen, but anyway - correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't women only allowed to do certain things in the military while the men can fill any role?

Women have been allowed to be in combat roles since 2013 in the United States, so basically they are allowed to do anything in the military now.

Plus, the United States has the largest military budget on Earth, more than any other:
http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-s...budget.asp

The United States also has the 2nd largest army on earth:
http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten...s-map.html

Anarchist archives
07-27-2015 01:43 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

A)you get paid in military. And those who identify as consciestous objectors can get away (of course if you "suddenly' decide your an objector they can figure it out)
B)Selective service is not a draft. Its a system that maintains your information in case of a draft. They want to know where you live so they can send you the letter if you chosen via lottery
C)Its unlikely the US will need a draft because the active,reserve,and national guard components make up about more than 2 million soldiers that are available.

The US has pretty much mastered the marketing of recruitment campaigns to get people to voluntarily join. The selective service has only the purpose of being prepared IF a draft needs to be put in place rather than actually force to draft. Its also fucking stupid for a woman to get bitchy about selective service because there is nothing that stops her from enlisting. Even during a draft, one can enlist.

Thus this is some stupid feminist ploy. In fact its even more stupid because if women are required to apply selective service, they could lose college aid or even get imprisond if they dont apply. Are you seriously telling me that all 18-25 in the US will gladly like to be part of a system where failure to apply devoids you of financial aid, government employment, and even imprisonment?

Fucking stupid I say.

EDIT:While women dont yet service in combat duty (they dont), they do serve in various support roles that would practically put them in combat. I think the delay in this situation is the simple fact military leadership is often a hardcore reactionary force that despises any sort of change (hell, in Vietnam the generals hated the innovation of special forces because in their days, they fought the enemy mano-y-mano despite how effective the special forces were).

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2015 04:38 AM by brainiac3397.)
07-27-2015 04:35 AM
 Thanks given by: ComradeDaryl
thesupremeanarchist Offline
Cannibal Corpse Fan

Given 23 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Agreed, SeleKKKtive Services is slavery, except you get a bunch of fucking medals for protecting an illusion; a free country. And, of course, supporters of Obama want everyone's thoughts to be controlled.

For example, I was reading a document leaked about what kind of people are considered 'potential terrorists'. Let me tell you, it basically said that anyone who is a living being that thinks for themselves is a threat to society, without outright saying so.

This and compulsory education are just the beginning. We end up fighting in unnecessary wars (basically every single one after WWII, and I feel bad for the veterans who were in these...) and over what? To watch shell-shocked souls that survived said wars, watched their allies and collegues get blown away, and then usually end up committing suicide. These 'Veteran Affairs' and 'Foreign Affairs' really are a load of bullshit. I feel that, unless it happens like Pearl Harbor happened, we shouldn't be fighting anyone else's wars.

And, it's patriotic to join this, they say, as you aren't defending your country? Well, the Founding Fathers wanted us to STAY NEUTRAL IN FOREIGN CONFLICTS. Most of the truly unconstitutional presidents say they do these wars in the name of the Founding Fathers, when it's just an excuse to push Liberal and anti-*insert name of religion, political group, ethnicity or country here* propaganda. It isn't patriotism; it's murder.

And, to people without corruption, isn't murder morally wrong?

They push animal rights, but won't protect a human fetus. They push the anti-bullying laws, but they won't allow a bullied person to remove themselves from that environment. They push gun control, yet still show up everywhere with armed guards. They push anti-hacker, but the white-hats, or the good guys, get arrested for patching exploits in a system. And, of course, anti-terrorism, when the real terrorists are in the government and involved in the hypocritical programs that want to vilify the Constitution and sodomize the United States until the country will be exactly like Orson Welle's 1984.

Needless to say, this is the system;

Birth (just the beginning of the mind control system)

SKKKool

SeleKKKtive Services

Unnecessary Wars

Acceptance of 'The System', including government, UN, Foreign Affairs, NSA, CIA, FBI, and various other wonderful goodies like such.

Unacceptance of whatever 'The System' doesn't like or understand and accept of what it does.

Death.
Then it starts over for your kids, their kids, their kids, and so on.

Which is why I say Fu to 'The System', which advocates communism, hatred, hostility, and various other measures. They want control of the people and the only way to do that is to weed out the 'evil', the people that disagree with the government and it's views.

Well, there you go. I hope I didn't miss anything, but feel free to tell me if I did.
Thanks for your time to read this, and if you didn't, well Fu, because you are exactly like them and probably a puppet for the New World Order arriving soon if we don't get rid of corrupted pieces of shit like we have in the government.

GOVERNMENT = 666,

thesupremeanarchist.

666 Baby Annihilator.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2015 07:51 AM by thesupremeanarchist.)
07-27-2015 07:48 AM
 Thanks given by: ComradeDaryl , schoolsux
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

thesupremeanarchist Wrote:Most of the truly unconstitutional presidents say they do these wars in the name of the Founding Fathers, when it's just an excuse to push Liberal and anti-*insert name of religion, political group, ethnicity or country here* propaganda. It isn't patriotism; it's murder.

I'm pretty sure the liberals aren't the ones who are pushing for war.
07-27-2015 08:00 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I think I had enough conspiracy theory nonsense last night(I went out to meet with workplace folk). Two hours of factually questionable, and emotionally backed, arguments was quite a strain on my rational mind(especially since it was regarding a topic with which I had substantial knowledge of)

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
07-27-2015 08:00 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(07-27-2015 07:48 AM)thesupremeanarchist Wrote:  Agreed, SeleKKKtive Services is slavery, except you get a bunch of fucking medals for protecting an illusion; a free country. And, of course, supporters of Obama want everyone's thoughts to be controlled.

For example, I was reading a document leaked about what kind of people are considered 'potential terrorists'. Let me tell you, it basically said that anyone who is a living being that thinks for themselves is a threat to society, without outright saying so.

This and compulsory education are just the beginning. We end up fighting in unnecessary wars (basically every single one after WWII, and I feel bad for the veterans who were in these...) and over what? To watch shell-shocked souls that survived said wars, watched their allies and collegues get blown away, and then usually end up committing suicide. These 'Veteran Affairs' and 'Foreign Affairs' really are a load of bullshit. I feel that, unless it happens like Pearl Harbor happened, we shouldn't be fighting anyone else's wars.

And, it's patriotic to join this, they say, as you aren't defending your country? Well, the Founding Fathers wanted us to STAY NEUTRAL IN FOREIGN CONFLICTS. Most of the truly unconstitutional presidents say they do these wars in the name of the Founding Fathers, when it's just an excuse to push Liberal and anti-*insert name of religion, political group, ethnicity or country here* propaganda. It isn't patriotism; it's murder.

And, to people without corruption, isn't murder morally wrong?

They push animal rights, but won't protect a human fetus. They push the anti-bullying laws, but they won't allow a bullied person to remove themselves from that environment. They push gun control, yet still show up everywhere with armed guards. They push anti-hacker, but the white-hats, or the good guys, get arrested for patching exploits in a system. And, of course, anti-terrorism, when the real terrorists are in the government and involved in the hypocritical programs that want to vilify the Constitution and sodomize the United States until the country will be exactly like Orson Welle's 1984.

Needless to say, this is the system;

Birth (just the beginning of the mind control system)

SKKKool

SeleKKKtive Services

Unnecessary Wars

Acceptance of 'The System', including government, UN, Foreign Affairs, NSA, CIA, FBI, and various other wonderful goodies like such.

Unacceptance of whatever 'The System' doesn't like or understand and accept of what it does.

Death.
Then it starts over for your kids, their kids, their kids, and so on.

Which is why I say Fu to 'The System', which advocates communism, hatred, hostility, and various other measures. They want control of the people and the only way to do that is to weed out the 'evil', the people that disagree with the government and it's views.

Well, there you go. I hope I didn't miss anything, but feel free to tell me if I did.
Thanks for your time to read this, and if you didn't, well Fu, because you are exactly like them and probably a puppet for the New World Order arriving soon if we don't get rid of corrupted pieces of shit like we have in the government.

GOVERNMENT = 666,

thesupremeanarchist.
I agree with you mostly, but for the Communism part, there has never been a state that has came even close to Communism in human history(Ruling parties that have claimed to be Communist are Communist in name only). Communism is a stateless society, and what you mean by "Communism" is really the state-capitalist failure of Marxism-Leninism, and it's derivatives that try to hide under a revolutionary banner, such as Stalinism, Maoism, Juche, and Castroism.

There are so many forms of Communism, not just the Marxist-Leninist approach to it. Forms include:
P.S: Don't just blame liberals, blame conservatives, democrats, and republicans alike.
(07-27-2015 08:00 AM)Dead Wrote:  
thesupremeanarchist Wrote:Most of the truly unconstitutional presidents say they do these wars in the name of the Founding Fathers, when it's just an excuse to push Liberal and anti-*insert name of religion, political group, ethnicity or country here* propaganda. It isn't patriotism; it's murder.

I'm pretty sure the liberals aren't the ones who are pushing for war.
True, it's also sometimes the Democrats, Republicans, and Conservatives.

Anarchist archives
07-27-2015 09:40 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

What the purpose of creating an ideology and supporting it if its always claimed it never existed? Either its defensive idealism or irrational rhetoric.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-27-2015 10:08 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(07-27-2015 10:08 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  What the purpose of creating an ideology and supporting it if its always claimed it never existed? Either its defensive idealism or irrational rhetoric.

Most Marxists and Anarchists alike state that the Soviet Union, and other states which claimed to be communist, such as China, Cuba, and North Korea were communist in name only, since they did not accomplish many of the things Marx and other early Marxists stated. Even certain Marxist-Leninists, as much as their ideology is what Marx would have been disappointed at, agree that China, Cuba, the Soviet Union, and North Korea were/are communist in name only.

Anyways, let's get back on talking about the draft and the SeleKKKtive Service system.

Watch on YouTube
Dead Kennedys - When You Get Drafted

Lyrics:
Quote:Are you believing the morning papers?
War is coming back in style
There's generals here, advisors there,
And Russians nibbling everywhere
The chessboard's filling up with red
We make more profits when we blow off their heads
Economy is looking bad
Let's start another war when ya get drafted
Fan the fires of racist hatred
We want total war when ya get drafted

Drooling fingers
Panic buttons
Playing with missiles like they're toys
There's easy money, easy jobs
Especially when you build the bombs
That blow big cities off the map
Just guess who profits when we build 'em back up

Yeah, what Big Business wants Big Business gets
It wants a War when ya get drafted
Call the Army! Call the Navy! when ya get drafted
Stocked with kids from slums
If you can't afford a slick attorney
We might make you a spy

Forget your demonstrations
Kids today sit on their ass when ya get drafted
Just a six-pack
And you're happy
We're prepared
For when ya get drafted

Anarchist archives
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 04:06 PM by ComradeDaryl.)
08-01-2015 04:00 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Considering that logic, Most Christians are Christian in name only because Jesus would be disappointed.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-02-2015 09:15 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

Does anyone here live in a country where conscription is enforced? If so, tell us how it is to be conscripted and what happens if you refuse.

Anarchist archives
08-08-2015 09:11 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(08-08-2015 09:11 AM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  Does anyone here live in a country where conscription is enforced? If so, tell us how it is to be conscripted and what happens if you refuse.

I live in Murika, but I'm also a Turk and Turkey has conscription. Basically at age 20 you qualify, and you have to file for some sort of exception which only serves to postpone the service(unless it's due to some chronic medical condition which will clearly grant you full exemption). I've actually gotta go to the consulate near me and fill out the paperwork to postpone because I'm a student in college.

If you fail to go, the government knows. Turkey takes conscription very seriously(They'll take you practically regardless of anything. Short, tall, old, young, fat, skinny. Hell, they've got people who can barely speak any Turkish, or no Turkish at all, since they might have been born to a Turkish parent but lived in another country).

There is another exception, which involves paying a fee to basically cut down your conscription service to the basic training days. Instead of serving the full period(1 year as enlisted), you only go for a short time to process and do basic training before they let you go.

Those with college degrees can opt for 1 year as an officer, or 6 months as enlisted(most prefer officer unless they REALLY don't want to spend a long time since officers get more benefits).

Anyone who is "dodging" the conscription is basically banned from Turkey(if you already reside outside of it) since returning to Turkey will practically guarantee the gendarme popping up and dragging your ass to bootcamp. I know a kid who went to Turkey and he was at airport getting ready to board plane back to US when the military police showed up and basically dragged him straight off to the military)

IMO it makes sense in some countries. For one, Turkey is pretty damn conservative and doing military service is considered a "rite of passage"(companies in Turkey won't even hire you if you haven't done the conscription or shown valid postponement reasons) and there's a lot of pride in those who go(which is like...every male). Not to mention it gives all of them a common and shared experience to connect with(it's not uncommon for Turkish strangers to start up a conversation by asking where they did their military service and what they did, followed by sharing stories of it...and there are frequently many stories).

Usually those not in Turkey are less inclined to join.(you also get paid for your conscription service. Compared to US it's nearly a thousand dollars a year, which is not much in Murikan values, but 12 months of getting paid PLUS not having to spend it means a decent amount of money by the time you leave the service).

I personally intend to go. My fluency in English, and knowledge of America and "Western" culture and methods might make it highly likely for me to get a position working with American forces(via NATO). No guarantee of it but I'd say my odds are higher than usual since not only do I speak fluent English, I also have an amateur interest in military equipment, strategy, doctrine, and methods which basically means I know a decent foundation amount about the military without ever having served(like Tom Clancy, who never joined the military and was a small-time insurance agent, yet enjoyed studying and later writing about the military).

In fact, I've been expanding my knowledge about Turkish military equipment, like tanks, firearms, and the like.

Worst-case scenario(or realistically best case scenario #2) I get marked as a commando officer and sent to a position in the eastern border(aka right up to the middle eastern abyss of hell Turkey borders). Probably get good pay(relatively speaking). Course there's a higher chance of dying, but I'm pretty screwed in the head to not care and actually look forward to putting my life at risk in combat(no matter how frightening it'll probably be at first).

tl;dr Turkish conscription

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-08-2015 12:52 PM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(08-08-2015 12:52 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 09:11 AM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  Does anyone here live in a country where conscription is enforced? If so, tell us how it is to be conscripted and what happens if you refuse.

I live in Murika, but I'm also a Turk and Turkey has conscription. Basically at age 20 you qualify, and you have to file for some sort of exception which only serves to postpone the service(unless it's due to some chronic medical condition which will clearly grant you full exemption). I've actually gotta go to the consulate near me and fill out the paperwork to postpone because I'm a student in college.

If you fail to go, the government knows. Turkey takes conscription very seriously(They'll take you practically regardless of anything. Short, tall, old, young, fat, skinny. Hell, they've got people who can barely speak any Turkish, or no Turkish at all, since they might have been born to a Turkish parent but lived in another country).

There is another exception, which involves paying a fee to basically cut down your conscription service to the basic training days. Instead of serving the full period(1 year as enlisted), you only go for a short time to process and do basic training before they let you go.

Those with college degrees can opt for 1 year as an officer, or 6 months as enlisted(most prefer officer unless they REALLY don't want to spend a long time since officers get more benefits).

Anyone who is "dodging" the conscription is basically banned from Turkey(if you already reside outside of it) since returning to Turkey will practically guarantee the gendarme popping up and dragging your ass to bootcamp. I know a kid who went to Turkey and he was at airport getting ready to board plane back to US when the military police showed up and basically dragged him straight off to the military)

IMO it makes sense in some countries. For one, Turkey is pretty damn conservative and doing military service is considered a "rite of passage"(companies in Turkey won't even hire you if you haven't done the conscription or shown valid postponement reasons) and there's a lot of pride in those who go(which is like...every male). Not to mention it gives all of them a common and shared experience to connect with(it's not uncommon for Turkish strangers to start up a conversation by asking where they did their military service and what they did, followed by sharing stories of it...and there are frequently many stories).

Usually those not in Turkey are less inclined to join.(you also get paid for your conscription service. Compared to US it's nearly a thousand dollars a year, which is not much in Murikan values, but 12 months of getting paid PLUS not having to spend it means a decent amount of money by the time you leave the service).

I personally intend to go. My fluency in English, and knowledge of America and "Western" culture and methods might make it highly likely for me to get a position working with American forces(via NATO). No guarantee of it but I'd say my odds are higher than usual since not only do I speak fluent English, I also have an amateur interest in military equipment, strategy, doctrine, and methods which basically means I know a decent foundation amount about the military without ever having served(like Tom Clancy, who never joined the military and was a small-time insurance agent, yet enjoyed studying and later writing about the military).

In fact, I've been expanding my knowledge about Turkish military equipment, like tanks, firearms, and the like.

Worst-case scenario(or realistically best case scenario #2) I get marked as a commando officer and sent to a position in the eastern border(aka right up to the middle eastern abyss of hell Turkey borders). Probably get good pay(relatively speaking). Course there's a higher chance of dying, but I'm pretty screwed in the head to not care and actually look forward to putting my life at risk in combat(no matter how frightening it'll probably be at first).

tl;dr Turkish conscription

I heard Turkey conscripts women only in emergency situations, other than that, most countries that have conscription only conscript men.

Anarchist archives
08-09-2015 01:38 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

If necessary they can conscript women. IMO Turkey is actually slightly more progressive in the sense that there's no gender bias or discrimination. They still aren't allowed to serve in infantry, armor, or subarmines, but they can serve elsewhere with practically no discrimination(as in they're considered equals by pretty much all men. None of that Murikan conservative "WOMEN IN UNIFORM? PSHAW SHE SHOULD BE IN THE KITCHEN!" which is ironic because Turkey is a pretty conservative country overall...)

They don't serve enlisted either, so all the women in Turkish military are officers. I also believe that America doesn't have women as riot cops either, which is unlike Turkey as evidenced here:
[Image: 3508696490_f5711e8989_o.jpg]

I guess the primary difference is that gender isn't considers an obstacle in nationalist duties(like military and police). Sure, women in Turkey do the cooking and cleaning too, but AFAIK not many of them consider it "oppression". In fact any man that attempts to interrupt their work(like help in the kitchen), they'll be thanked...then chased out cuz men chill in the living room while women chill in the kitchen in the pre-meal social phase.

Maybe I'm just being biased or something, but I gotta say...I find my "native" culture somewhat superior whether it's cause of tradition, history, the lack of hippie & feminist scum, or just cause I grew up with it, but eh. Sure, American philosophy is nice, but plz...how many Americans really even adhere to the stuff that formed foundation of the country? We got patriots who are practically anti-Americans claiming to be Americans, the "leftists" who think America is like the nurse of the world, and then the religious wackos who want the US flag flown on a cross cuz Christian kingdom.

That's what I call cultural decay...

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-10-2015 08:12 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

Since no one has been prosecuted since January 1986 for not registering for Selective Service, why don't they abolish it already? It's not like we're going to reinstate the draft anytime soon.

As much as we have many conflicting views on the world Brainiac, I definitely agree with you that the Selective Service is really a bullshit system.

If the draft were reinstated, I would flee to a country that does not border the United States.

Anarchist archives
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 10:57 AM by ComradeDaryl.)
08-11-2015 10:54 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(08-11-2015 10:54 AM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  Since no one has been prosecuted since January 1986 for not registering for Selective Service, why don't they abolish it already? It's not like we're going to reinstate the draft anytime soon.

As much as we have many conflicting views on the world Brainiac, I definitely agree with you that the Selective Service is really a bullshit system.

If the draft were reinstated, I would flee to a country that does not border the United States.

My understanding is they want some system to gather information(forcibly) on all potential draft candidates regardless of whether the draft will ever be implemented.

Of course we are quite different in most stuff, since if a draft was announced, I'd enlist. If my weight doesn't get to a lower level though, it's likely I'd be put through extra PT to get "fit" to fight. However, if I did not enlist, and a draft was called, my weight would probably put me back on the list(though when relatively considered, I'd be farther up the list since Im capable of physical actions that a standard "obese" person would have the greatest difficulty in doing)

Eh. Selective service is totally unnecessary. Relic of the Cold War.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-11-2015 12:07 PM
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

The draft is bullshit. Being forced to sign up to go into the military is fucking horrible.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
08-11-2015 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(08-11-2015 01:04 PM)SchoolSux Wrote:  The draft is bullshit. Being forced to sign up to go into the military is fucking horrible.

Well it's not being forced to sign up to go. When draft habbens they won't really need you to sign up. The signing portion is so they just know where you are so they can send you the letter.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-11-2015 01:31 PM
Cianna200 Offline
Pariah

Given 366 thank(s) in 210 post(s)

That is exactly what I think, well I think the fear of hell is what drives most of them towards Jesus.
08-11-2015 02:14 PM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

The difference between a soldier and a murderer is the uniform, and that murderers are more likely to have the decency to commit suicide afterwards

Oh and also murderers have the ability to think for themselves.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 02:40 AM by no.)
08-12-2015 02:36 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

Well, that service is selective, all right. Very selective.

Of course I signed up for it, though. Technically illegal not to.

(08-12-2015 02:36 AM)no Wrote:  Oh and also murderers have the ability to think for themselves.
Please - murderers are no more in control of their thinking than soldiers are. Only difference is that their amorality is what compels them to kill, rather than the orders of an armchair general.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
08-12-2015 05:50 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

(08-12-2015 02:36 AM)no Wrote:  The difference between a soldier and a murderer is the uniform, and that murderers are more likely to have the decency to commit suicide afterwards

Oh and also murderers have the ability to think for themselves.

It ain't that simple.

Though I'd root for Agent 47 no matter how screwed up his actions are. Gotta respect a man who knows to kill like he does.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-12-2015 08:49 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

Everybody, there's a good website that talks about the Selective Service System and the U.S draft, which I will post below.
http://hasbrouck.org/
(08-12-2015 05:50 AM)DoA Wrote:  Well, that service is selective, all right. Very selective.

(08-12-2015 02:36 AM)no Wrote:  Oh and also murderers have the ability to think for themselves.
Please - murderers are no more in control of their thinking than soldiers are. Only difference is that their amorality is what compels them to kill, rather than the orders of an armchair general.
DoA, here's some great advice from that website I just listed, which I have quoted below.
Quote: 1. If you haven't registered for the draft, don't.
2. Don't panic. The government can't prosecute you unless they can prove that you knew you were supposed to register, which requires them to get you to sign for a certified letter, or to send FBI agents to personally notify you and give you a chance to register. Make them work: Don't register unless the FBI finds you and tells you that you have to.
3. Don't give the government evidence against yourself. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be used against you." Don't sign for any letters from the government, and don't talk to the FBI. Tell your parents, family, and friends to do the same.
4. If you have to register, give the address at which an induction notice will be least likely to reach you. Don't tell the Selective Service System if you move. Don't give the Postal Service a forwarding address to pass on to the Selective Service System (and other junk mailers).
5. Ignore any letters about the draft from the Selective Service System, Department of Defense, or Department of Justice that you don't have to sign for. They may sound scary, but unless you have to sign for them, they are junk mail.
6. Don't sign for any letters from the Selective Service System, the Department of Defense, or the Department of Justice. You are not required to accept or sign for their letters, and you don't have to give the mail carrier a reason why you refuse a letter.
7. Tell your parents or anyone else who lives at the address you gave when you registered not to sign for any letters for you from the Selective Service System, the Department of Defense, or the Department of Justice. Tell them not to talk to any Feds who come looking for you or asking questions about you. They are not required to say anything to the Feds, or answer any questions. Anything they say can, and will, be used against them as well as against you.
8. Don't report for induction. As with registration, they can't prosecute you unless they can prove that you got an induction order, which they can't do unless you sign for a certified letter, or unless they send the FBI to serve you with an order in person. Make them work: Don't report unless the FBI finds you and tells you that you have to.
9. Organize and speak out against the draft. Let people know that you don't want to go.
10. Know that you are not alone. Most people don't want to register for the draft, don't want to fight, and don't want to kill or be killed. Millions of people have violated the draft registration laws.
Like I have stated previously, if you haven't registered, don't worry, since no one has been persecuted since January 1986 for not registering.

Anarchist archives
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 01:59 PM by ComradeDaryl.)
08-12-2015 01:53 PM
 Thanks given by: no
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Still gotta register if you want to apply financial aid for college

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-13-2015 08:40 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

(08-12-2015 01:53 PM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  Everybody, there's a good website that talks about the Selective Service System and the U.S draft, which I will post below.
http://hasbrouck.org/
(08-12-2015 05:50 AM)DoA Wrote:  Well, that service is selective, all right. Very selective.

DoA, here's some great advice from that website I just listed, which I have quoted below.
Quote: 1. If you haven't registered for the draft, don't.
2. Don't panic. The government can't prosecute you unless they can prove that you knew you were supposed to register, which requires them to get you to sign for a certified letter, or to send FBI agents to personally notify you and give you a chance to register. Make them work: Don't register unless the FBI finds you and tells you that you have to.
3. Don't give the government evidence against yourself. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be used against you." Don't sign for any letters from the government, and don't talk to the FBI. Tell your parents, family, and friends to do the same.
4. If you have to register, give the address at which an induction notice will be least likely to reach you. Don't tell the Selective Service System if you move. Don't give the Postal Service a forwarding address to pass on to the Selective Service System (and other junk mailers).
5. Ignore any letters about the draft from the Selective Service System, Department of Defense, or Department of Justice that you don't have to sign for. They may sound scary, but unless you have to sign for them, they are junk mail.
6. Don't sign for any letters from the Selective Service System, the Department of Defense, or the Department of Justice. You are not required to accept or sign for their letters, and you don't have to give the mail carrier a reason why you refuse a letter.
7. Tell your parents or anyone else who lives at the address you gave when you registered not to sign for any letters for you from the Selective Service System, the Department of Defense, or the Department of Justice. Tell them not to talk to any Feds who come looking for you or asking questions about you. They are not required to say anything to the Feds, or answer any questions. Anything they say can, and will, be used against them as well as against you.
8. Don't report for induction. As with registration, they can't prosecute you unless they can prove that you got an induction order, which they can't do unless you sign for a certified letter, or unless they send the FBI to serve you with an order in person. Make them work: Don't report unless the FBI finds you and tells you that you have to.
9. Organize and speak out against the draft. Let people know that you don't want to go.
10. Know that you are not alone. Most people don't want to register for the draft, don't want to fight, and don't want to kill or be killed. Millions of people have violated the draft registration laws.
Like I have stated previously, if you haven't registered, don't worry, since no one has been persecuted since January 1986 for not registering.

Thanks, but I already registered. Absolute worst case scenario, I can learn how to be a combat medic (because that actually sounds pretty badass).

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
08-13-2015 10:25 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Just choose coast guard as first option. Marines should be last...always.(unless you're militarily inclined like me, in which case coast guard is last)

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-13-2015 12:53 PM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

The United States spends more than any other country combined for it's military budget. Conservaliberals complain that "If we cut our military spending down by even an inch, we'd be fucked over!". Wrong, since, before WW1, when the U.S had a small military, we didn't have any large terrorist attacks on AmeriKKKan soil, and if they don't believe me, here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_%2..._incidents
AmeriKKKans already own the most guns on the fucking planet anyway, more than any other country on Earth, and they are obsessed with guns as well! Why the fuck should the U.S. still have the largest military on Earth?

By the way, here's a chart for how fucking much AmeriKKKa spends on it's military:
http://pgpf.org/Chart-Archive/0053_defense-comparison

Here's a few charts on which the U.S. owns guns more than any other country:
https://top5ofanything.com/list/de09aa45...Per-Capita

http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2015/0...ate-hands/

[Image: threat-to-world-peace.gif%3Fw%3D485%26h%3D530]

Anarchist archives
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2015 03:48 PM by ComradeDaryl.)
08-27-2015 03:42 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Your comparing 1914 to 2015. They didn't have the internet, cellphones, and AKs in 1914

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
08-28-2015 04:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A 13-Year-Old's Slavery Analogy Raises Some Uncomfortable Truths in School thesupremeanarchist 11 7,214 08-03-2015 12:53 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Church Sues Woman for $500k Over Negative Google review Desu 4 3,092 05-20-2012 11:15 PM
Last Post: FarBeyondDriven