RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm planning to live in the wilderness
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

Given 29 thank(s) in 20 post(s)

Hello people, I am planning to live in the wilderness, for a few reasons:
  1. I have essentially no faith in humanity left.
  2. I think a nuclear war is about to happen.
  3. I believe there is far more freedom in the wilderness.
In what country's wilderness would I live in? I'd prefer living in the wilderness of Canada, but the Amazon Jungle and sparsely/non-populated islands in the Pacific ocean are also candidates. I plan on bringing some people with me to the wilderness.

I have some questions:

Has anyone thought of living in the wilderness before?

Has anyone here lived in the wilderness(or is living in the wilderness right now)? If so, how was it like?

What pacific island that is sparsely populated or not populated is recommended for me to live in?

What websites would any of you suggest for me to apply to living in the wilderness?

Please post serious answers.

http://telekommunisten.net/the-telekommunist-manifesto/
The telekommunist manifesto
http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives/
Anarchist archives
https://www.marxists.org/archive/lafargue/1883/lazy/
The Right to Be Lazy, Paul Lafargue(An early marxist).
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 01:11 PM by ComradeDaryl.)
06-02-2015 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Dikont5 , The man
schoolsux Offline
fuck this school bullshit

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

It's tough to say. I would suggest somewhere where the weather doesn't have serious extremes. The wilderness in Canada is likely deadly during the winter. The Appalatchian wilderness isn't horrible in terms of temperature. By that I'm referring to SE Ohio and West Virginia. There aren't too many poisonous animals in the region (I've lived in Central Ohio for 13 years, and have been to SE ohio several times).

And if you decide to go back to civilization, there are major cities not too far away. Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh aren't too far away from SE Ohio. And there are a ton of medium-sized cities not too far away.

schoolsux's countdown until school ends:

177 days until i get out of freshman year (aka hell)
1280 days until I get out of prison (aka school)

(as of november 28, 2016)

also Fu school

Hidden stuff:

schoolsux's "k" Count: 60
06-03-2015 06:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Nuclear war is less likely to happen.

The normal folk located between the very vocal conspiracy theorists and nuclear hawks tend to shy away from starting a nuclear holocaust because there are way too many other ways to do whatever that using a nuclear weapon is so last option that it's basically reserved for nuking someone trying to actively nuke you.

and unfortunately for either group, the normal folk tend to be enough of a buffer to keep the wackos away from nukes.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
06-03-2015 09:43 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

RE: I'm planning to live in the wilderness

I am also thinking of living in caves in British Columbia, and also, the wilderness in Canada I would prefer living in is the prairies of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, but in the south of those prairie provinces.

Anarchist archives
06-03-2015 01:26 PM
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)

Read up on the SAS survival guide

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
06-03-2015 01:33 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

(06-02-2015 05:38 PM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  Hello people, I am planning to live in the wilderness, for a few reasons:
In what country's wilderness would I live in? I'd prefer living in the wilderness of Canada, but the Amazon Jungle and sparsely/non-populated islands in the Pacific ocean are also candidates. I plan on bringing some people with me to the wilderness.

I have some questions:

Has anyone here lived in the wilderness(or is living in the wilderness right now)? If so, how was it like?

What pacific island that is sparsely populated or not populated is recommended for me to live in?

What websites would any of you suggest for me to apply to living in the wilderness?

This is a bit drastic don't you think? The reason we evolved out of that wild hellhole was because we hated it. Why go back in?

-Per faith in humanity, living in civilization at least grants you access to things you wouldn't have out in the wilderness, such as internet. And if you think society is so bad, why not endeavor to change it? Plenty of people on their own have paved the way for mountainous success for the lives of their fellow human beings. You really just wanna run away from your problems instead of helping solve them?

-Nuclear war is not about to happen. That's just some crazy crap conspiracy theorists have cooked up and been spreading on for decades, most just use it as an excuse to sell shit. Haven't you ever heard of MAD? Mutually Assured Destruction? Its the thing that's kept nuclear war from happening since Hiroshima. North Korea has no nukes, nor missiles capable of firing a mile outside their borders.

-There's really not any place on the world left anymore that isn't subject to some county's code of laws and law enforcement, so I don't see how there's "more freedom" out there. Maybe there's more places to hide, but it's not really like you can do more things out there than in here. You still can't legally smoke weed. You can't kill or rape people. etc.

Quote:Has anyone thought of living in the wilderness before?
Some time ago some new agey hipster idiot who was like 1/6th native american blood wanted to go live in the wilderness. His username was Levio_sah. Said he was gunna hunt and forage for food and bought soap to clean himself in a river or whatever. Said he'd also skin animals and wear them, got a few friends together to help him. Needless to say he didn't last long. He went back to SS and civilization about a week later. He hasn't spoken of it since.

Quote:Has anyone here lived in the wilderness(or is living in the wilderness right now)? If so, how was it like?
I've been camping before (against my will when I was a kid) believe me, it sucked. The ground under the tent was uncomfortable, fishing took 5ever, and the fish I caught managed to stay alive for like 20 minutes even when taken out of water. Dad skinned and cooked it, cause I didn't have the knowledge or stomach for it (that was disgusting.)

Look, you don't really wanna do this. I know life is hard but just hold on and you will be fine in the end. There's nothing but bullshit out there; wild animals, parasites, diseases, always a chance of food poisoning...trust me, stay where you are. We didn't crawl out of that hellhole for no good reason.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
06-04-2015 08:35 AM
 Thanks given by: xcriteria , Dead , Missile , Rule_BreakerXVIII
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I'd only live in the wilderness if it was a rite of passage to become an honorary member of some native tribe.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
06-04-2015 09:24 AM
Cianna200 Offline
Pariah

Given 366 thank(s) in 210 post(s)

We are not just slaves to school, but literally slaves to society, making it a bigger hellhole than the wilderness do you know anyone who lived in the wilderness and survived? Most people appear miserable, they are depressed, they are thrown into prisons called schools, they are forced into homelessness, they don't realize that what humans call love is artificial and based on selfish desires, there is always bad news on the news,
sure society has good things but good things come to an end, and materialism does not guarantee happiness. One person can make a change but it requires the world to make the ultimate change and alter human history for the better to enhance humanity and help humans evolve into more compassionate beings. I have considered going to the woods but that has passed, now I just have to deal with the emptiness, and find a way to at least hold it off temporarily, because we have both hell in society and hell in the woods
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 10:40 AM by Cianna200.)
06-04-2015 10:28 AM
 Thanks given by: TheEnigma , schoolsux , ComradeDaryl
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(06-04-2015 09:24 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  I'd only live in the wilderness if it was a rite of passage to become an honorary member of some native tribe.

[Image: tumblr_m3q0ry8Etc1qlvkzlo1_500.jpg]

Native tribes are overrated

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
06-04-2015 12:47 PM
 Thanks given by: The man
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Yeh but how many people today can say they are honorary tribals?

Sometimes a good story is enough of a reward IMO.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
06-04-2015 02:05 PM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

(06-04-2015 10:28 AM)Cianna200 Wrote:  We are not just slaves to school, but literally slaves to society, making it a bigger hellhole than the wilderness do you know anyone who lived in the wilderness and survived? Most people appear miserable, they are depressed, they are thrown into prisons called schools, they are forced into homelessness, they don't realize that what humans call love is artificial and based on selfish desires, there is always bad news on the news

Really, life in populated areas doesn't have to involve being a slave to society. There are many people who do thrive and interact in voluntary, positive ways. There are really so many more positive ways life can be than that characterization, IMHO and in my experience.

(06-04-2015 10:28 AM)Cianna200 Wrote:  I have considered going to the woods but that has passed, now I just have to deal with the emptiness, and find a way to at least hold it off temporarily, because we have both hell in society and hell in the woods

It's true that both living in populated areas and living in the wilderness have some things in common. But it doesn't have to be Hell. It can seem that way, I know, if you have a bad family situation, bad school situations, and not much positive going on... but others have made it out of that and live in other ways.

At the risk of posting something that sounds like inspirational nonsense in a thread about how dystopian the world is... I'm going to add this short video from Jonathan Fields, who has interviewed a large number of people as part of his Good Life Project, who have stories of thriving in various ways. If all one has experienced is the dystopian side of life, it can be fascinating to see that there are other ways to be. That doesn't mean all the world's problems aren't still valid problems, but it does mean that life really doesn't have to suck.

This video shows a bunch of short answers from his interview guests with their answer to his question "what does a good life mean to you?" The answers vary, but not than none of them are about death and destruction, or about how there's no such thing as a good life. These are pretty thoughtful and caring people, too, if you watch/listen to the full interviews.

Watch on YouTube

Another thing to consider is that really, you can live in the equivalent of the wilderness in a populated urban area... just as you can potentially live as part of a network of caring people in either locale.

Peter Gray & allies launching the Alliance for Self-directed Education

ASDE Newsletters: #1 Announcement | #2 History of ASDE | #6 Education Liberation

School Survival & Catalyst Learning Network featured on AlternativestoSchool's blog
“Mom, Dad, can I stop going to school?”

Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking when the Stakes are High

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 12:24 AM by xcriteria.)
06-05-2015 12:23 AM
 Thanks given by: Rule_BreakerXVIII
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(06-03-2015 01:33 PM)Missile Wrote:  Read up on the SAS survival guide

Thanks, but I found a good illustrated survival book(It's called "The Complete Illustrated Handbook of Survival") that's illustrated at Barnes and Noble. Unfortunately, I could not find the SAS survival guide at my local Barnes and Noble, and plus, "The Complete Illustrated Handbook of Survival" was also bargained at the time.

Sociopath Wrote:I've been camping before (against my will when I was a kid) believe me, it sucked. The ground under the tent was uncomfortable, fishing took 5ever, and the fish I caught managed to stay alive for like 20 minutes even when taken out of water. Dad skinned and cooked it, cause I didn't have the knowledge or stomach for it (that was disgusting.)
I've also been camping as well before in the desert, and what was the biome(as in real life) of the place you've camped in?

Anarchist archives
06-26-2015 02:22 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I have the US Army survival guide. Its big and heavy but tons of good information.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
06-26-2015 03:52 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(06-26-2015 02:22 PM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  

Thanks, but I found a good illustrated survival book(It's called "The Complete Illustrated Handbook of Survival") that's illustrated at Barnes and Noble. Unfortunately, I could not find the SAS survival guide at my local Barnes and Noble, and plus, "The Complete Illustrated Handbook of Survival" was also bargained at the time.

Sociopath Wrote:I've been camping before (against my will when I was a kid) believe me, it sucked. The ground under the tent was uncomfortable, fishing took 5ever, and the fish I caught managed to stay alive for like 20 minutes even when taken out of water. Dad skinned and cooked it, cause I didn't have the knowledge or stomach for it (that was disgusting.)
I've also been camping as well before in the desert, and what was the biome(as in real life) of the place you've camped in?

Woodlands.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
06-27-2015 02:28 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(06-27-2015 02:28 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  

Woodlands.

Wow, what country/state/province/region/etc was the woodlands in? The desert I camped in was in Arizona, and believe me, I would rather be in the woodlands than in the semi-desert that is really rocky to camp on.

Also, are there any remote islands out there that are worth living on, like in the Atlantic or Pacific ocean?

Anarchist archives
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 09:33 PM by ComradeDaryl.)
07-01-2015 09:18 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(07-01-2015 09:18 PM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  
(06-27-2015 02:28 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  

Woodlands.

Wow, what country/state/province/region/etc was the woodlands in? The desert I camped in was in Arizona, and believe me, I would rather be in the woodlands than in the semi-desert that is really rocky to camp on.

Also, are there any remote islands out there that are worth living on, like in the Atlantic or Pacific ocean?
Indiana.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-02-2015 06:12 AM
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)

I've always camped in areas that are hot and dry, quite hilly, with lots of mesquite trees everywhere

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
07-02-2015 07:46 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

I really hope you're over this whole "wilderness living" nonsense.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-02-2015 08:24 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(07-02-2015 08:24 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  I really hope you're over this whole "wilderness living" nonsense.

I'm not over living in the wilderness, but it's one of the choices I might do in the near future.

Anarchist archives
07-27-2015 09:46 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Öķåý

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-27-2015 10:09 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(06-04-2015 08:35 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  -There's really not any place on the world left anymore that isn't subject to some county's code of laws and law enforcement, so I don't see how there's "more freedom" out there. Maybe there's more places to hide, but it's not really like you can do more things out there than in here. You still can't legally smoke weed. You can't kill or rape people. etc.
It's extremely hard and a huge waste of time to enforce laws in the wilderness, and plus, there is still some unclaimed land like Bir Tawil and much of Antarctica(Even the parts of Antarctica that are claimed really have no law enforcement).

(07-27-2015 10:09 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Öķåý

Thank you for at least showing me some support.

Anarchist archives
07-30-2015 03:43 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Somalia. Gang heaven. Aka Criminalistan.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
07-30-2015 08:51 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(07-30-2015 03:43 AM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 08:35 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  -There's really not any place on the world left anymore that isn't subject to some county's code of laws and law enforcement, so I don't see how there's "more freedom" out there. Maybe there's more places to hide, but it's not really like you can do more things out there than in here. You still can't legally smoke weed. You can't kill or rape people. etc.
It's extremely hard and a huge waste of time to enforce laws in the wilderness, and plus, there is still some unclaimed land like Bir Tawil and much of Antarctica(Even the parts of Antarctica that are claimed really have no law enforcement).

Be honest with yourself, you're not going to live in either of those places.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-31-2015 07:09 AM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

(07-31-2015 07:09 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  
(07-30-2015 03:43 AM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  

Be honest with yourself, you're not going to live in either of those places.

Yes, but since I returned to my home country, I might also live in the wilderness of Australia(not the outback though) or New Zealand because I have 2 friends who are moving to either country.

Anarchist archives
09-18-2015 05:56 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I hear new zealand is purty.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-18-2015 09:38 AM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

Given 2293 thank(s) in 1517 post(s)

(06-02-2015 05:38 PM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  Hello people, I am planning to live in the wilderness, for a few reasons:

I have some questions:

Hah, this exactly reminds me of my fantasy I've had since I was five years old! I've always wanted to move to some log cabin in Idaho and live alone and paranoid for the rest of my life... now that's turned into a weed farm in Uruguay which doubles as a cat-ville. Don't ask why.

Faith in humanity is a funny thing. I agree that there are a lot of things that humanity is doing in the 21st century which is pretty ridiculous, such as the migrant crisis being forced as an EU-exclusive issue. However, Daryl, it's important to note that casualties from wars have decreased dramatically, the poverty level has actually been reduced to its lowest level ever, technology keep doing these kickass things, and economic unions are a lot more cooperative, and have hence prevented major conflicts from occurring. See how I provided an antagonistic view to the "the world sucks" mentality? I'm not saying it's unicorns and rainbows, but still... (also this reminds me of some arguments that were thrown between Wes and TheCancer, fun times)

Nuclear war is pretty unlikely. Generally leaders won't just say "I want to nuke this city" and have a "fuck it" mindset... from what I understand, for example, the way the Russians handle this scenario goes like this; if they get a massive attack on their territory in which their leadership is rendered ineffective, there is a "signal" sent to a central command system (I'm not entirely sure how this works, but stay with me here), where a bunch of dudes decide on whether to nuke the shit out of attacking countries (read more here). However, it's pretty unlikely we would see a full-on invasion of Russia, right? Quite the opposite... I feel both Russia and the US fear each other enough where I think the reverse happens.

I wouldn't say that; technology these days pretty much allows much better surveillance of these rural regions, at least in developed countries; not to mention that these areas would probably have local law enforcement (county sheriff and park rangers come to mind), they probably would mind some dude living illegally in the forest. Also, what about things such as health care, supplies, etc? Where are you supposed to get that? Sure, you might hunt, but be honest, are you prepared for that?

The Amazon Jungle isn't a place I'd live in, especially given that it's populated by indigenous peoples whose languages are a complete unknown, not to mention the Brazilian government is known for some shady shit (such as logging) in that region... not to mention disease, etc. Pacific Islands are a wild card; they're a lot more developed than they were even 20 years ago but I think they're dealing with enough foreigners as it is, not to mention some of those governments can be incredible corrupt (Fiji comes to mind).

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

[Image: Nas-One-Love.jpg]

Stop jerking off to porn and whining and do something about it

Make School Survival Great Again - MSSGA

Hidden stuff:

[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
[Image: mg_michelle_2020.png]
09-18-2015 02:01 PM
 Thanks given by: ComradeDaryl
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 228 thank(s) in 166 post(s)

I live in the wilderness and all I want to do is fly to Bolivia and snort coke until my heart stops.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 06:01 AM by Username.)
09-19-2015 06:00 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Quote:Hah, this exactly reminds me of my fantasy I've had since I was five years old! I've always wanted to move to some log cabin in Idaho and live alone and paranoid for the rest of my life... now that's turned into a weed farm in Uruguay which doubles as a cat-ville. Don't ask why.
The Stoner Latin Lincoln?

Quote:However, Daryl, it's important to note that casualties from wars have decreased dramatically, the poverty level has actually been reduced to its lowest level ever, technology keep doing these kickass things, and economic unions are a lot more cooperative, and have hence prevented major conflicts from occurring. See how I provided an antagonistic view to the "the world sucks" mentality? I'm not saying it's unicorns and rainbows, but still... (also this reminds me of some arguments that were thrown between Wes and TheCancer, fun times)

War casualties have only decreased because these wars were against forces primarily reliant on irregular warfare emphasizing speed and mobility, thus naturally leading to low-intensity conflicts rather than excess bloodshed(except when it's urban warfare or a major battle of significant importance). It's quite likely that the next conventional war that breaks out will probably be the bloodiest in human history thanks to all this technology.

Quote:Nuclear war is pretty unlikely. Generally leaders won't just say "I want to nuke this city" and have a "fuck it" mindset... from what I understand, for example, the way the Russians handle this scenario goes like this; if they get a massive attack on their territory in which their leadership is rendered ineffective, there is a "signal" sent to a central command system (I'm not entirely sure how this works, but stay with me here), where a bunch of dudes decide on whether to nuke the shit out of attacking countries (read more here). However, it's pretty unlikely we would see a full-on invasion of Russia, right? Quite the opposite... I feel both Russia and the US fear each other enough where I think the reverse happens.

Nukes are defensive weapons to some extent intended to ensure the survival of the state no matter how badly a war gets. An enemy with a nuke can never be totally conquered lest they become desperate enough to launch. All the military officials in charge of the nukes are quite aware of how deadly these weapons are. Even the Iranians would be quite hesitant despite their constant anti-west,anti-israel,anti-america propaganda. Like various sources basically say, in a nuclear war nobody wins.

Quote:I wouldn't say that; technology these days pretty much allows much better surveillance of these rural regions, at least in developed countries; not to mention that these areas would probably have local law enforcement (county sheriff and park rangers come to mind), they probably would mind some dude living illegally in the forest. Also, what about things such as health care, supplies, etc? Where are you supposed to get that? Sure, you might hunt, but be honest, are you prepared for that?

I think we have more technology that makes one think what you say is possible more than actually being possible. There's a lot in society that's based on perceptions. It's like cows or something, where the "appearance" of a real fence is enough to keep em in, despite it not actually being a real obstacle. There's a lot more of these sophisticated "fake walls" than actual walls in real life. Finding them is obviously not easy though, and they generally take immediate action to rectify it if discovered.

Quote:The Amazon Jungle isn't a place I'd live in, especially given that it's populated by indigenous peoples whose languages are a complete unknown, not to mention the Brazilian government is known for some shady shit (such as logging) in that region... not to mention disease, etc. Pacific Islands are a wild card; they're a lot more developed than they were even 20 years ago but I think they're dealing with enough foreigners as it is, not to mention some of those governments can be incredible corrupt (Fiji comes to mind).

The Amazon is somewhere only the most seasoned folk should go, and that's even dangerous for them. Generally the indeginous folk are well trained for the difficulties in living where they do, something between a "survival of the fittest" and the fact that from birth, the life they've lived is what comes "usually" to them. Pacific Islands are practically known tourist locations. I doubt you'd find a "pristine" one considering how frequently they've been visited(in fact, afaik most islands in the world have been visited sometime in the past, and perhaps more than once).

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-19-2015 12:53 PM
ComradeDaryl Offline
School makes you stupid

I live in Samoa, and there's still a lot of wilderness out here. Tonga, Fiji, and Niue are nearby(I've been to Fiji before, but that was when I was little), and they also have a lot of wilderness.

Anarchist archives
11-21-2015 04:58 AM
sfslol Offline
Rebel

Given 22 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

I've thought of this many times and I still think of it sometimes. Even though I would probably not survive a week, it would feel good to just be myself and live my own life instead of relying on others and living up to what they want you to be. But unfortunately, this is society. It's pretty much a one way road where you can be slightly different and it'll make you suffer because of all the systems you don't fit in to. Even if you follow the systems, you may not be able to finish them because doing something that demotivates you and takes away your will of waking up in the morning have a tendency of giving you anxiety and depressions.

I recently dropped out of school for the second time because of anxiety problems, and I don't know if I will ever be able to live a meaningful life again where I can forgive myself for my problems. I feel so guilty that I can't sleep at night, and when I went to school I was terrified even by thinking about school which also kept me up at night. Even though I would love to progress in life and make it meaningful, the systems made for me and the systems I have followed has given me anxiety. How I am suppose to finish the systems who made me sick in the first place? To say it simply I'm afraid of my future.

I am not trying to give you a solution, but I'm just saying that you are definitely not alone and you probably know that already. I am currently trying to find one thing in life which gives me motivation and that can help me progress in life. I am very willing to work hard for it, as long as it something I want. I am done trying to do what society tells me to do, and the people saying I can't progress if I don't do this and that. The people who became something else, was the people who dared to do what other wouldn't.

• "I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing." - Socrates
  • "My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth." - Unknown
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015 01:41 PM by sfslol.)
11-21-2015 01:39 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser