RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Apocalypse & Vehicles
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Last night I went with some friends to the movies and watched the latest Mad Max. Unsurprisingly none of my friends were aware that Mad Max was actually a series, and that Fury Road was basically a fourth installment(though supposedly it's not necessarily a sequel but something more of a spin-off with the same character).

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but I have a crazed obsessive love of post-apocalypse. Bonus if it comes with some hard-core music, and junker cars made all armored and armed with scraps and stuff. Mad Max obviously fits that criteria quite well.

What's interesting is how a story or background is so barely touched upon. All you know is that some sort of nuclear war happened, and people are in crazy tribes, and it's just pretty damn violent. Some folk complain that there's not enough story(though I believe they're planning on making a few more movies and book licenses are being planned). However the way the story precedes even with a lack of back story is great(you still get the general idea).

Rage the video game was decent, but the fact it had such a linear storyline made it pretty dull and lacking any replay value.

Fallout doesn't have cars, but it has one hell of a story and so much replay value.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
05-21-2015 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

"Fallout doesn't have cars"

You, my friend, have never played Fallout 2. (Not to mention all of the crashed/abandoned cars lying around in 3 and NV.)

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
05-21-2015 12:05 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
RE: Post-Apocalypse & Vehicles

In general it doesnt have vehicles. The general plot stuff basically revolves around "nuclear vehicles got emp-ed/no longer functional. I understand fallout 2 had car but compared to whats available on fallout universe, vehicles are an extreme rarity. Other than the infrequent vertibird, which supposeldy uses petrol and thus not exactly commonly available.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
05-21-2015 02:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Apocalypse Now Abandoning Ship 2 1,271 08-21-2008 05:27 PM
Last Post: Bob Dole
  Apocalypse Now Alucard483 8 1,364 07-28-2007 08:59 PM
Last Post: Alucard483