RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My moms being a bitch as usual.
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
My moms being a bitch as usual.

So after going to my stupid martial arts class my mom picks me up in the car and starts spewing bullshit on the way home.

Basically she thought that she was doing a "disservice" To me by letting me sleep in and sit on my ass all day. And that it was teaching me to be lazy. Then she went on to say how I wasn't part of the family and how the only person I care about is myself. After that she went on and said how now she was going to wake me up early and make me do shit. And how she doesn't want me to be apart from the family when I grow up.

First off what does making me do shit have to do with being part of the family? And I don't care about my family aside from my grandparents. As if it's a crime to care about myself and not deal with my parents constant torment. I swear that my parents idea of a fun summer is to work to death. Can't I just sit around for once. And my mom can't do anything about my life even if she thinks she can. It's this kind of shit that makes me want to move away already.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
07-29-2010 03:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
Re: My moms being a bitch as usual.

Oh, I remember the days when my mom used to make me wake up at 8:00 on saturday by flicking the lights on and off and shouting RISE AND SHINE!!!!!. Fuck her. I mean, normally, I woke up at like 5:00 on my own, but on the nights my sister was visiting, we stayed up till 2:00 talking SO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ANNOYING US BITCH. Anyway. Your mom sucks. If she wants you to be active, she should at least provide fun things to do. But she shouldn't force you.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
07-29-2010 06:11 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Oh god your mom sounds like such a total bitch.

Its shit like that which makes us stick them in a retirement home in their older age.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
07-29-2010 07:35 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

What a bitchy... Well, bitch. When she tries to wake you up, simply roll over and keep sleeping. She tries to make you do shit, tell her to justify what relevance it has to being part of the family. Hell, tell her straight out that you don't care for your family that much with the exception of your grandparents, and that you will very likely be apart from them soon as you hit 18.

Also, I noticed you added "stupid" with your martial arts class. Did it end up turning bad after all?

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
07-29-2010 08:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Prince Rilian Wrote:shouting RISE AND SHINE!!!!!
Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise... and... shine.

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-29-2010 08:45 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:What a bitchy... Well, bitch. When she tries to wake you up, simply roll over and keep sleeping. She tries to make you do shit, tell her to justify what relevance it has to being part of the family. Hell, tell her straight out that you don't care for your family that much with the exception of your grandparents, and that you will very likely be apart from them soon as you hit 18.

Also, I noticed you added "stupid" with your martial arts class. Did it end up turning bad after all?

It's pretty meh. Testing for a yellow belt this monday. I mean I would quit if I had the choice to not do anything but this stops most of my parents bitching to get a hobby. And it doesn't take up a terrible amount of time. And I get to kick my friend when he's being a dick. But still not my thing. So, None

Had to move on. Account is dead.
07-30-2010 11:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My moms high school suggestion Missile 8 4,686 03-06-2015 12:41 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  LCL2: Creative Learning for those unhappy in “school-as-usual” xcriteria 2 3,279 03-24-2014 11:48 AM
Last Post: xcriteria
  So im skippin school, chillin on my laptop, and my moms home A.B.W.A.G 76 13,963 06-14-2010 12:45 AM
Last Post: AWOL
  My moms sending me away!!!! The Apathy 21 5,132 02-21-2008 05:20 PM
Last Post: Agnapostate