RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's daughter looking for college
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

http://news.yahoo.com/malia-obama-goes-c...05029.html

What's amazing is that while her father and the secretary of education try to increase the amount of time spent in school, and pretty much advocate more of the current broken system, his daughters attend some fancy expensive school that teaches in a special way that isn't like the industrial remnant most schools adhere to.

I'm also generally just cynical of the whole thing. Being president's daughter, I find it unlikely any school would refuse her. I also don't think professors will be fine letting her fail. Course none of that matters because with the amount of support she probably gets in the white house from top-notch professionals, it's unlikely she ever did bad in school anyway.

Presidents, politicians, rich people...yech. Speak about improvement yet gladly take advantage of their status for "superior" opportunities. If they really want to help, instead of all that charity crap, they should try living like the common people.

Each generation of spoiled kid only creates another generation. I'm sure the clintons, bushes, obamas and mccains will be very understanding of the common folk up in their fancy country club we call Congress.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-08-2015 12:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

That's the problem. I wish people were equal, but private colleges are always pressing the same button. It's always the same bullshit : rich kids in private schools=awesome grades , comparing to public schools though ...(my experience in my country)
02-08-2015 01:01 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

And the rich awesome grade folk always say "work hard! that's all you need!". My ass. They forget to mention daddy's bank account and those private tutors and SAT classes.

FFS look at this:
Quote:Michelle Obama's crusade, "Reach Higher," urges young people, especially the underprivileged, to continue their education after high school.

"You have to work your butts off," she reminded high-schoolers attending an "immersion day" at Georgetown University in 2011.

I'm finding more:
Quote:In a speech Dec. 4 in Washington, the first lady noted that kids start preparing for college "long before they even start high school" and singled out prep courses for the SAT and ACT exams and counselors who help with deadlines and edit essays for college applications.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 01:35 PM by brainiac3397.)
02-08-2015 01:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mom Sells One Direction Tickets On eBay To Teach Daughter A Lesson HawkbitAlpha 48 30,677 09-30-2013 09:40 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Guatemalan mother seeks 'stolen' daughter's return from U.S. UnschoolShqiponjë 33 20,813 05-30-2012 08:16 AM
Last Post: UnschoolShqiponjë