RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premonition!?
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)
Premonition!?

Today I think, if it's the right term, i had a premonition in which I saw me and my bestfriend sitting on a sofa at her house and suddenly hear sparks and smell smoke coming from an electric outlet , consequently it exploded . It was one of many dreams I had today's afternoon since I stayed at home because wasn't feeling good since sunday , cause of the flu in my country atm. So the second dream was that her sister dyed her hair . And after that , went more weird dreams lol
Conclusion...It happened it all today o.o and I can't explain why . Around like 7pm I texted my bestfriend and told her the reason why I didn't come to school today , also the weird dreams involving her and her family , the next thing she said that I was joking because it really happened! Except the part that the electric outlet exploded , because it just had let sparks and smoke, fortunately it didn't explode and I am relieved cause if it did I would be thinking to myself 'why didn't I warn?' .
I mean is it some medium stuff? I had premonitions and still have but they are something casual like dream with a person which I will be talking to in the next morning like every people can dream, but this one today was much weird .
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 11:59 AM by isolatedsystem.)
01-17-2015 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)
RE: Premonition!?

I get premonitions when I am doing anything 'illegal' like ditching, evading my parents somehow or generally doing anything the higher-ups won't approve of. It's not like yours..I get feelings, not images, smells or sounds. I once got a panicky feeling (comparable to adrenalin) without any outside stimulus or reason...I hurried back to class and Turdette arrived there to check up on me a few minutes later. It's really handy :-D

Just don't get involved in any Final destination kind of shit.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
01-17-2015 05:34 PM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

I know what it is ,I have someone in my family like that, also they knew how to do tarot stuff , I will give a try on normal cards like the ones for playing. Final destination? never heard lol
01-17-2015 11:01 PM
Revolutionary

(01-17-2015 11:01 PM)isolatedsystem Wrote:  I know what it is ,I have someone in my family like that, also they knew how to do tarot stuff , I will give a try on normal cards like the ones for playing. Final destination? never heard lol

I've done divination with playing cards and can usually get it to answer simple yes/no questions. Beyond that, tho..Confused I usually use semi-precious crystals, mostly because I like wearing them.Laugh

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
01-17-2015 11:20 PM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

I like crystals too Smile I heard that they have some energies but I was more cynic before. Did you see spirits before? Like when you were a child? Because I saw but when I grew older I didn't experience things like that and I am grateful haha
01-17-2015 11:47 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

Quartz is a piezoelectric gem that turns vibration(sound) into electrical energy. Gems have certain interesting qualities.

Food for thought eh.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
01-18-2015 02:34 AM
Revolutionary

No, no spirits for me. And I probably should have clarified; my attraction towards crystal jewellery is more like "Ooh, shiny" or "Oh, so pretty" than anything to do with the crystal healing stuff.

-the Internet

To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
01-18-2015 02:40 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Oh and final destination is crap IMO. If you gonna die, you gonna die. If you don't die, well congrats you just changed the timeline thanks to some supernatural premonition.

Plus they made it sillier with the "if you let someone die in your place you get their lifespan"

I get déjà vu dreams but they don't have any event. It's more like observing a future image through a quickly closing window.

So I consider them checkpoints. Like, hey I saw this in dream so I guess I'm on track or something.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
01-18-2015 03:11 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

Oh I get it xD probably the same for me . I never felt things from crystals.

Yeah it's like if you didn't die in a plane , you eventually will die from a dog attack lol
I don't believe in much things. But the things that really happen for real like my dreams , that is worth questioning for me.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 03:28 AM by isolatedsystem.)
01-18-2015 03:23 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

I'm betting on some complex scientific thing we won't discover for quite some time.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-18-2015 03:30 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

There is so much problems that we can't find an explanation.Most of time I just give up on seeking answers. Imagine that most of the theories of conspiration are just lies and questions that can't be explained. That's how I feel.
01-18-2015 03:37 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

We'll get there one day...like a millennia at worst at the rate we've been going at. If not, well we'll probably exterminate our own species or something, perhaps cause of robots or evolution. No need to worry about it till discovery occurs, so I just go with the flow.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-18-2015 03:54 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

Evolution is spreading fast that's true. Well it's just a matter of time till something happens.
01-18-2015 04:05 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Premonition!?

Dreams (even daydreams) are often thought to be constructs created by the subconscious to prepare for future events, reconcile present events, and come to terms with past events.

What's weird about them is that they demonstrate an inexplicable phenomenon: They illustrate possibilities conceived in knowledge that, logically, we should not possess. How can we know more than we have experienced?

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
01-18-2015 09:04 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

Exactly
01-18-2015 09:29 AM
Revolutionary

Premonition!?

Quote:"What's weird about them is that they demonstrate an inexplicable phenomenon: They illustrate possibilities conceived in knowledge that, logically, we should not possess. How can we know more than we have experienced?"

Eh....I'm not really sure how to answer this. Maybe something like leftover instincts?? That can explain my ability (for the lack of a better term) but not people who get flashes and visions, like isolatedsystem.

I obsessively play Bejeweled Twist, and after a while I began to just get when to click the button so that the bomb would be disarmed. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOOjsHcJcSg) Something like that? The subconsious is a deep, scary place, after all.

I still have no idea how to explain the visions, tho.

-the Internet

To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
01-22-2015 01:00 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

I understand what you mean , I guess. My mom often gets a strong feeling when me or my brothers are not okay . Like today's situation, she was feeling panicked and couldn't calm down before she received a call from my sister's school about the bad behaviour and bad grades which in conclusion that stupid school and teachers don't know what they do. It's a really long story ...maybe I'll talk about it in other thread.
Is it what you meant (getting bad feelings like you said) ? Or do you really can imagine, like some sort of vision but not really a vision?
01-22-2015 05:12 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Premonition!?

The force is strong with this one.

I've had things like that happen too... knowing something will happen before it does. Not sure if science has any explanations for it (besides saying it shouldn't be possible), but you might find possible explanations elsewhere... this is relevant:
http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2014/12/...e-you-are/

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-22-2015 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Premonition!?

If only my powers were enough to force choke people.

My midi-chlorians must not be in great numbers.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
01-22-2015 12:36 PM
Revolutionary

The best way to describe it is just like i said-feeling. I only get the reason for it later, like the incident i described.

-the Internet

To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
01-22-2015 05:53 PM